Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4375528 - 08/20/17 09:29 PM Setting up a discord channel for informal multiplayer flight.  
DBcoop7 Offline
DBcoop7  Offline

Wisconsin
Hey fellow dcs enthusiasts!

So after jabbers did a poll and learned that most people were playing SP, myself included biggrin I decided to set up a discord channel with the specific purpose of being an informal community/ jumping off point for those wanting to join multiplayer servers and try their skills in a friendly, easy to use, at the moment "ad hoc" environment.

It's pretty simple, join the discord channel, if you see some one on, kindly ask if they would like to join up; done.

Discord: https://discord.gg/Mdf6SY7

It's probably a better join up if you have some of the basics down, but I wanted this to be a place for all wavelengths of skill sets. Cheers!

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4375623 - 08/21/17 01:00 PM Re: Setting up a discord channel for informal multiplayer flight. [Re: DBcoop7]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
While I applaud the intention, what's stopping this from becoming just an open server where people do air-quake?

- Ice
#4375687 - 08/21/17 04:11 PM Re: Setting up a discord channel for informal multiplayer flight. [Re: - Ice]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

Originally Posted by - Ice
While I applaud the intention, what's stopping this from becoming just an open server where people do air-quake?

the mission served and the folks joining.

#4375690 - 08/21/17 04:20 PM Re: Setting up a discord channel for informal multiplayer flight. [Re: DBcoop7]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

Ice, I think this is a meeting place where newbies can come on and veterans can show them the ropes in individual servers.

I'm in,DBcoop; I joined your discord channel. I have experience with all of the modules (though some more than others). Additionally, my group (the Black Veal Squadron) also flies coop every Wednesday and Saturday at 8pm Eastern. We meet on the SimHQ TeamSpeak server in the temporary room "Black Veal Squadron" or "BVS" or some combination. We welcome new players: the only thing we ask is basic system knowledge (i.e. so you're not asking what keys to press when we're in the middle of a bombing run) and a willingness to learn. Even the basic system knowledge can be overlooked if you're willing to fly with one of us at other times to learn the material. Again, the willingness to learn is the primary criteria.

I'm not trying to hijack your thread; I think it's a great idea and I will show up on the discord channel to help others when I have time. My intent is providing a complement to your idea.

-Home Fries

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
- Robert A. Heinlein

The average naval aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring. These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

#4375876 - 08/22/17 03:39 PM Re: Setting up a discord channel for informal multiplayer flight. [Re: DBcoop7]  
ST0RM Offline
ST0RM  Offline

Ten Mile, Tn
I was curious as to the numbers of SP vs MP players. After the last round of updates and the issues it imposed on MP, I'm seeing that SP is more common, based on replies.

So when I rolled back to 1.5.6 and was looking for servers, seeing very few MP being ran and used for either 5.6 or 5.7 made sense.

Hopefully this discord will allow a common group to join up and get what they want from DCS without the Air Quake environment that is prevalent on the other servers.

#4375884 - 08/22/17 04:15 PM Re: Setting up a discord channel for informal multiplayer flight. [Re: DBcoop7]  
mdwa Offline
mdwa  Offline

Way over in Perth, Western Aus...
I have noticed too the decline in MP since the 1.5.7 update. Pity they stuffed things up.

mdwa
#4375890 - 08/22/17 04:40 PM Re: Setting up a discord channel for informal multiplayer flight. [Re: DBcoop7]  
DBcoop7 Offline
DBcoop7  Offline

Wisconsin
hey thanks for the responses!!

Perhaps I was not articulating my intentions, I was looking for people to just "ad hoc" group up onto someone elses server. For instance, at this point in time I'm personally looking for people to formation fly with(on the aerobatics server) since i'm just getting my feet wet. I thought it would be nice to have a place where different people who may have different intentions to also form up. I was looking at some other peoples wing groups and while I would love to be able to join one of them, I didn't want to be a person who said, "yea I'll join you guys," but then not be able to commit to specific times do to RL obligations. I also thought I am not alone in this catagory and had not seen something like i am describing. Periodically I see people on the steam forums looking for groups or a couple people to join up with, so I figured I'd just setup a discord channel for that purpose. When I first got interested in DCS, it was off of steam, but I made the transition to the stand alone version. Since I knew thats how a number of people are also going to get into the sim, this was a place for "no reservations, no expectations" MP.

Thank you Home Fries!

#4375944 - 08/22/17 08:44 PM Re: Setting up a discord channel for informal multiplayer flight. [Re: mdwa]  
leaf_on_the_wind Offline
leaf_on_the_wind  Offline

Originally Posted by mdwa
I have noticed too the decline in MP since the 1.5.7 update. Pity they stuffed things up.

Yep 1.5.7 is really borked

sling load cargo = crash server
Spawned AI planes fly at stall speeds

Our clan runs the Havoc Company Dedicated Server

We run training missions 24/7 with A2A and A2G ranges for all the available aircrafts , 1.5.6 was great 1.5.7 ... not so much

Last edited by leaf_on_the_wind; 08/22/17 08:45 PM.

Ferengi Rule of acquisition #1 Once you have their money ... never give it back.

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.