Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 15 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
#4373469 - 08/09/17 11:54 AM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: WhoCares]  
Jayhawk Offline
Silastic Armorfiend
Jayhawk  Offline
Silastic Armorfiend
Hotshot

Docking Bay 94
Originally Posted by WhoCares
As per GoT TV show, Ser Jorah Mormont has a history with the Golden Company, while in the books there is no such direct reference.
(Season 4) When Jorah Mormont advises Daenerys Targaryen not to trust Daario Naharis because he is a sellsword, she points out that he himself fought for the Golden Company before pledging his sword to her brother Viserys.

Maybe he can use his connections to fool up Cerceis plans with the GC...

Good point, and I began to have similar thoughts. While the showrunners ommited large book chunks from the plot, they have shown a tendency to let some of those creep back into their story in some other form, or have given a certain story arc to another, already established character (for example, show-Sansa got parts of poor Jeyne Poole's sad story arc from the books).

Book "spoiler" ahead; remember, though, that even though the show is technically "ahead" of the books, they contain still a lot of plot elements so far untouched by the TV show, that may yet become relevant in some form in future episodes. So, click with care. wink

They gave some of the Jon "Griff" Connington story to Jorah - so far, the journey to Mereen with Tyrion, and the Greyscale - and it stands to reason that he will become involved with the Golden Company, to aid Dany. My guess is that he will steal the gold from Cersei/ the Iron Bank and use it to hire the Golden Company. In "ADWD", Connington did hire the Golden Company and took a couple of castles in Westeros.

Last edited by Jayhawk; 08/09/17 09:14 PM.

Why men throw their lives away attacking an armed Witcher... I'll never know. Something wrong with my face?
Inline advert (4th to 5th topic)

#4373470 - 08/09/17 12:02 PM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Jayhawk Offline
Silastic Armorfiend
Jayhawk  Offline
Silastic Armorfiend
Hotshot

Docking Bay 94
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer

Anyway, back to GOT. So when will Danaerys "bend the knee" for Jon Snow? wink

I don't think he will, at least until the whole White Walkers thing has been handled.

And Dany is wrong, he is not acting out of pride. He is just doing a piss poor job of explaining himself to her. smile Jon doesn't need a Hand, he needs a communications director. smile

If he'd bent the knee now, he would be obliged to do her bidding (or be considered a traitor if he refused), which would involve actively participating in her war against the Lannisters. His troops in the North are already spread too thin as it is, and he can't afford to send even one of them south.

He will definitely need to find a way soon to convince Dany and the rest of Westeros that the White Walker threat is real, though (as if the birth of Dany's dragons and all the resurging magic didn't give the people enough hints that something is very, very wrong reading ). The only living eyewitnesses are Jon, Sam, the survivors of Hardhome, Bran and Meera. The rest of Westeros probably considers all of that "fake news". smile

Edit:
If GoT were a romcom, Dany would bend the knee to Jon in the end, proposing to him. smile

Last edited by Jayhawk; 08/09/17 09:15 PM.

Why men throw their lives away attacking an armed Witcher... I'll never know. Something wrong with my face?
#4373514 - 08/09/17 02:47 PM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
The last episode was the most watched episode of the series to date. This ratings juggernaut is just incredible and unprecedented.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/weekly-ratings/cable-top-25-for-july-31-aug-6-2017/

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4373531 - 08/09/17 04:01 PM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
EAF331 MadDog Offline
XBL: LanceHawkins
EAF331 MadDog  Offline
Hotshot

Oslo, Norway
A behind the scenes look at how "the loot train attack" was filmed.

#4373622 - 08/10/17 05:42 AM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
FlyingMonkey Offline
FlyingMonkey  Offline

Down under in Adelaide
This is great! I've decided to stop watching the show this year and read the spoilers here instead. With that I can get briefly cranky at all the potholes and bad writing from the showrunners instead of fuming during entire episodes (and for a while after them). Maybe one day I'll be able to finally read GRRR Martin's actual plot and compare that to what I've read here about the show's plot. From what I read here it really doesn't look good where the show is heading - it might make great scenes to watch, but story wise I'm not convinced. Now if only GRRR could hurry up a bit...

#4373623 - 08/10/17 05:51 AM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
453Raafspitty Offline
453Raafspitty  Offline

Australia,Sandstone Point
Wanna bet Drogons arrow hit was poisoned and he dies up north fighting with Blondie and Jon,hence why we see the Night king in one of the early promo shots riding a dragon?

#4373653 - 08/10/17 12:48 PM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Jayhawk]  
Falstar Offline
Falstar  Offline

Edina, MN 55439
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
[quote=PanzerMeyer]

Edit:
If GoT were a romcom, Dany would bend the knee to Jon in the end, proposing to him. smile

propose to her nephew? ewwww

#4373662 - 08/10/17 01:10 PM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Falstar]  
Jayhawk Offline
Silastic Armorfiend
Jayhawk  Offline
Silastic Armorfiend
Hotshot

Docking Bay 94
Originally Posted by Falstar
[quote=PanzerMeyer]

Edit:

They're Targaryens*! From their POV, Jon and Dany may as well be completely unrelated. wink

*[Targaryens had a history of marrying off brothers and sisters - to each other]

Last edited by Jayhawk; 08/10/17 01:21 PM.

#4373677 - 08/10/17 02:15 PM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Jayhawk]  
Falstar Offline
Falstar  Offline

Edina, MN 55439
[quote=PanzerMeyer]

Edit:

They're Targaryens*! From their POV, Jon and Dany may as well be completely unrelated. wink

*[Targaryens had a history of marrying off brothers and sisters - to each other]

And yet, even they whisper and chuckle about Jamie and Cersei. Ahh the good ole double standard. lol

#4373678 - 08/10/17 02:19 PM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Falstar]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
And yet, even they whisper and chuckle about Jamie and Cersei. Ahh the good ole double standard. lol

Do any of the Targaryens know about the relationship between Jamie and Cersei?

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4373700 - 08/10/17 04:26 PM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
Jon doesn't need a Hand, he needs a communications director.

He has one.

But The Onion Knight isn't very good at it.

"This is Jon Snow. He's, um, well, King In The North, so there's that." smile

Instead he should have gotten "Jon Snow, In-numerous of his name, Son of Ned Stark, Leader of The Knight's Watch, Protector of The Wall, White Walker Slayer, Lord of Winterfell, King In The North and Protector of the Realm."

Every good commander needs a solid Sergeant Major, but shouldn't have them have them do the politics.

Did anyone else chuckle when they called their ballista the scorpion?

[Linked Image]

But there was this Italian one from the 16th Century, also called a scorpion:

[Linked Image]

Neither is quite up to GoT standards, though.

The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

More dumb stuff at http://www.darts-page.com

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
#4373711 - 08/10/17 04:58 PM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Dart]  
Jayhawk Offline
Silastic Armorfiend
Jayhawk  Offline
Silastic Armorfiend
Hotshot

Docking Bay 94
Originally Posted by Dart

"This is Jon Snow. He's, um, well, King In The North, so there's that." smile

I was actually laughing out loud during that scene. That was a great juxtaposition to Dany's tedious list of titles...and illustrated Ser Davos' opinion on that.

Instead he should have gotten "Jon Snow, In-numerous of his name, Son of Ned Stark, Leader of The Knight's Watch, Protector of The Wall, White Walker Slayer, Lord of Winterfell, King In The North and Protector of the Realm."

Unbeknownst to Ser Davos, that would have lead to a lot of squirming when issuing a retraction of those "alternate facts", once Bran informs everyone that Jon is actually the son of Prince Rhaegar and Lyanna Stark. smile

Every good commander needs a solid Sergeant Major, but shouldn't have them have them do the politics.

This is something that's decidedly absent from the series: a Sergeant-Major-type of lansquenet as a fleshed-out character: those that do the real fighting once the knights got their petty feuds out of the way smile

Did anyone else chuckle when they called their ballista the scorpion?

Yup, I was a little puzzled about that term; I was also puzzled by Bronn's uncanny aiming ability, without any sights on that thing whatsoever. smile

#4373713 - 08/10/17 05:10 PM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Jayhawk]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Yup, I was a little puzzled about that term; I was also puzzled by Bronn's uncanny aiming ability, without any sights on that thing whatsoever. smile

Well, he did miss on the first shot so he's not perfect!

#4373714 - 08/10/17 05:21 PM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
EAF331 MadDog Offline
EAF331 MadDog  Offline
Hotshot

Oslo, Norway
Actually, it had a sight. It was an iron circle you aimed through. You see Bron lining the dragon up in it.

#4373716 - 08/10/17 05:34 PM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
Jayhawk Offline
Silastic Armorfiend
Jayhawk  Offline
Silastic Armorfiend
Hotshot

Docking Bay 94
You're right, there is one. Even though it looks fake as hell. smile

At 0:29:

Last edited by Jayhawk; 08/10/17 05:35 PM.

#4374224 - 08/14/17 10:55 AM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
So what's going on between Littlefinger, Sansa and Arya? Something tells me that this development doesn't end well for all three of them.

Concerning Danaerys, I'm definitely getting a "messiah goes astray and leads her people to suffering and disaster" vibe. If you are familiar with the Dune universe, think of what happened with Paul and the Fremen and their "jihad" after the events of the first book.

#4374260 - 08/14/17 03:04 PM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
EAF331 MadDog Offline
EAF331 MadDog  Offline
Hotshot

Oslo, Norway
Did anyone catch the important tidbit about Jon in this episode?

Gilly was reading from a book about the High Priest(?) and mentions the annulement of the marriage between "Ragger" (Raegar) and his wife, and a new "secret marriage in Dorne".

Basically Jon is the true heir to the Iron Throne as he is a child born in wedlock and not a #%&*$#

#4374282 - 08/14/17 05:03 PM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
Yep, and Little Finger got Arya to walk right into the whole thing. He's been playing this game a lot longer than her and used her very well. Arya's prideful, I think he saw that the week before in the duel while the rest were just thinking about her skills.

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
#4374284 - 08/14/17 05:11 PM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
So now we have the "Dirty Dozen" heading up north of the wall to go on a suicidal mission to capture a dead walker soldier "alive". biggrin

#4374295 - 08/14/17 05:26 PM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
f15sim Offline
More projects than sense!
f15sim  Offline
More projects than sense!

Graham, WA
Well...."adead" at any rate. wink

g.

Proud owner of 80-0007
http://www.f15sim.com - The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - the Me-109F/X Project
Page 11 of 15 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.