Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#4372434 - 08/03/17 12:30 PM Re: New Caucasus Map Batumi Comparison [Re: Winfield]  
Nate Offline
Nate  Offline

Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by Winfield

I will test this for myself however my video upload will be based on Human Tank VS AI vehicles

I didn't check that specifically, but it seemed to operate in the same manner as AI v AI - it'll be interesting to see your resulting vid.

Nate

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4372446 - 08/03/17 01:23 PM Re: New Caucasus Map Batumi Comparison [Re: ST0RM]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
Originally Posted by leaf_on_the_wind
3440 x 1400 with 16G RAM + 1080TI ... still a bit stuttery at times

frown That's not good especially with that GPU...

Originally Posted by ST0RM
Not that I've seen or heard about.

Flying in NTTR now, in VR and low level I've encountered more stuttering than ever before. I dont know if this is a VR thing, or an updated mesh. I'm scratching my head a to where the problem lies. I've got 32Gigs DDR4 RAM, an i7 6700 and a GTX 980 which is supposed to be fine for VR use. But without any solid word as to the new requirements, it's a guess where to put money.

What a way to do a teaser eh? "Look at this awesome screenshot!! Nice right? But we won't tell you how it's been achieved.... for all you know, we needed a quad-Titan X setup just to render the thing... and flying in it with the quad-Titan setup will give you 15fps on a 1080p monitor!!" duh

St0rm, what's your performance like on a monitor? Or do you still play on a monitor? smile

- Ice
#4372451 - 08/03/17 01:32 PM Re: New Caucasus Map Batumi Comparison [Re: Winfield]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Originally Posted by Nate
Originally Posted by piper
Looking forward to this;

Looking forward to what exactly? How is a better resolution of mountains a game changer?

what would be a game changer is enemy AI combined arms not being able to see through trees or track human combined arms vehicles through mountains, buildings etc. That to me would be a game changer. Adding more trees is pointless for human controlled vehicles when enemy AI can see and track through them

You should be pleased with the new map so. This is already in place in Normandy.

EDIT:- since this came up I decided to play with it a bit, it is actually quite well done. For example, A Vulcan will engage a Helo through a clearing when deep in the forest, however only if it has Line of Sight. Alter the flight path slightly so the Helo passes almost over head but no line of sight, and the Vulcan can't engage. Individual tees are now calculated for LoS. I tried did the same for 2 Tanks, and only once LoS through the the very edge of the forest was acquired, they would engage.

EDIT2:- another cool thing I've discovered is the AI Helo will get low when a threat is detected and use the tree line as cover while escaping.

Nate

Thank you for sharing, My comments were based strictly on the 1st part of yours being Combined Arms without Helo intervention.

I will test this for myself however my tests will be based on Human Tank VS AI vehicles rather than the Helo test you have carried out.. Combined arms has always been on the back burner and has been virtually untouched for some time now **excluding the wasted time to create the normandy map vehicles**

Edit: fraps\OBS is being an outright pain in the ars. as it's 23:34 here I will play around tomorrow arvo and upload a vid

Enemy vehicles placed directly opposite a wall will not track or fire directly through it. Not sure if there is a radius at which point blufor\redfor vehicles detect each other but confirmed that placed in the editor opposite a wall they will not shoot at the wall (including over it with).

However....place a redfor and blufor tank at opposite ends of a town (with trees blocking the view) and both vehicles on level ground, they will shoot at each other with trees blocking the view. Undestroyed buildings do seem have an influence on line of site. however Destroyed buildings can be shot through by enemy tanks. Seems destroyed buildings have absolutely no impact on line of site by either friendly or human.

Last edited by Winfield; 08/03/17 01:34 PM.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.