Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#4388335 - 11/05/17 06:24 PM Re: Battle of Midway Game? [Re: Nimits]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

He has been involved with BoS from the start but he didnt have the last say in things until recently. Not knowing the internal politics of the situation though I cant say how much his involvement shaped any of the choices. I just hope that going forward BoS series changes for the better.

#4388519 - 11/06/17 09:48 PM Re: Battle of Midway Game? [Re: Nimits]  
BlueHeron Offline
BlueHeron  Offline

Ottawa, Canada
Jason, sorry to hear that this project took such a toll on you personally.

Let me just say thanks for the many, many hours of enjoyment in RoF and BoX!

~S!

#4388566 - 11/07/17 05:39 AM Re: Battle of Midway Game? [Re: Master]  
LukeFF Offline
Veteran
LukeFF  Offline
Veteran

Redlands, California
Originally Posted by Master
Maybe with Jason back in charge things will change.

Things have changed for the better with Jason. I don't why you are holding onto this agenda, but really, it's time to let it go.

#4388701 - 11/07/17 08:15 PM Re: Battle of Midway Game? [Re: Nimits]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

Time will tell. I dont see any recent changes though that make me want to rush out and get all my friends playing BoS. The general consensus is, "meh, maybe when pacific arrives." The original BoS crew really #%&*$# over and ran their community into the ground (IMO). The only people who stayed (community) were the vocal and vehement assholes which resulted in even more of the community abandoning the game. At this point they could push out the best and most accurate wwii flight sim and if they attached the IL-2 or BoS (BoX) name to it people wouldnt even give it the time of day. It might very well be time to let it go and give them another chance but it is a losing battle at this point unless they put out something amazing or manage to shift the community to the better somehow.

Last edited by Master; 11/07/17 08:17 PM.
#4388768 - 11/08/17 07:16 AM Re: Battle of Midway Game? [Re: Master]  
Blade_Meister Offline
Blade_Meister  Offline

Atlanta, GA, USA
Time will tell. I dont see any recent changes though that make me want to rush out and get all my friends playing BoS. The general consensus is, "meh, maybe when pacific arrives." The original BoS crew really #%&*$# over and ran their community into the ground (IMO). The only people who stayed (community) were the vocal and vehement assholes which resulted in even more of the community abandoning the game. At this point they could push out the best and most accurate wwii flight sim and if they attached the IL-2 or BoS (BoX) name to it people wouldnt even give it the time of day. It might very well be time to let it go and give them another chance but it is a losing battle at this point unless they put out something amazing or manage to shift the community to the better somehow.

When BOS first came out, I was a severely disappointed critic of the way 1C's leadership really F'ed Up the Early Access version and locked everything down, not to mention the debacle on their Forum. After 4 years, I have to completely disagree with you. Box is not perfect, but then again what flight sim is? What they have already done to turn BOX around and try to fulfill the original expectations of the original pre release Hard Core Simmers is amazing to me. They realized they F'ed Up and made changes to try to right the ship and save Box from totally sinking, because as I understand it, the Employees of 1C really Love their jobs and want to continue growing the BOX Series(read: they Love to create Flight Simulators). I have a lot of Respect for that alone, but also that they have made the whole Box series a lot better. The landing physics, the FMs, DX11, the Graphics adjustment options, the optimization of SP & Mp, bringing Patrick Wilson on to code PWCG to work with BOX, introducing a Campaign format to the ME, allowing skins, allowing offline mode and just listening to the feedback of their customers and trying to do what they can to implement what the customers are asking for, within reason, to generate sales while giving their customers a FUN product. No one can say that they are not giving their all, within their budgetary restraints, to give the Customers what they have been and still are asking for.

Addressing what I highlighted in RED.

IMHO, your statement is wrong. Yes a lot of people left the BOS Forums, but they did not abandon the game or the calling out of the Devs to make things right. Many came here where there was an impartial Forum that allows heated discussion, within reason, and kept posting the Truth about the dislikes and continued to call out the Devs for change. There are many here and even on the BOS Forums who did not give up on the BOX series, while we didn't use it, we simply stood our ground and kept asking for what we knew would turn BOX around. At that time people liked to call that being a "Hater", but really it was the ones committed to the long run to do everything we could to Force the Devs to sit up and take notice. After 4 years, a long time I know, I can say that I am well pleased with where all the money I have spent on the BOX series, I own everything, has gone. I am having FUN with this product. I really am having FUN with this IL2 Sim and I can set it up and use it however I like now. That is what I wanted from the beginning. I am very Thankful that this group of very Talented Russian Programmers, Artists and one American Producer? (what is your Title Jason? Head Ahole??? neaner ) are able to make their living doing what they Love and providing me with some great entertainment, FUN.

If you don't like it, well that is your right. Maybe you don't like the Eastern Front? Maybe you don't like the Forums? Maybe you truly don't like the Sim? Again, that is your right, but I for one completely disagree with your whole statement as a general Community Consensus. Maybe I am wrong, and I am sure I will hear about here if I am, but I see most people here in this SimHQ Community that were adamantly disappointed in the original BOS coming back and really appreciating the way BOX has changed and with the New direction the BOX Series is headed.

With the upcoming Horizon extension, multilayered clouds, the HyperLobbyish MP Lobby(hopefully), the improved AI(right Jason1 winkngrin ), the Air Marshall mode for MP, the multiple input saves(save input settings per plane like ROF, right Jason winkngrin ), the P39, A20, Po2, Yak 7b, Bf 109 G-6, La-5FN, the new bare metal textures, the rain effects, the Career SP Mode, the Coop hosting, the Mods On(Maybe, right Jason? winkngrin ) and the Pacific Theater, how could anyone not be excited, interested, intrigued???
While I could have Strangled each one of the 1C Team (and Bearcat & SharpBs or whatever his name is, ShapXB neaner ) at the beginning of BOS. Now my Hat is off to 1C for the turn around they are making now and I am hoping in the Future of the BOX Series, as a Profitable, for 1C, and a Fun product for the Customers who buy in. I think it will be all of the above.

S!Blade<>< salute

#4388805 - 11/08/17 03:37 PM Re: Battle of Midway Game? [Re: Nimits]  
Frogyy2 Offline
Frogyy2  Offline

Originally Posted by Nimits
I have seen some rumors that this series is going to expand into the Pacific Theater after Kuban, specifically the Battle of Midway. Is this true? And if so, why I am not seeing more about it?

This thread was started in July. Multiple valid concerns have since been raised regarding the practicalities involved in implementing a PTO scenario. If we strip away all digressions and deflections the few simple questions posed in the original post have not been addressed.
After review of the entire thread one may choose to believe that a PTO installment is the committed next offering in this series,or not.

#4388849 - 11/08/17 08:00 PM Re: Battle of Midway Game? [Re: Blade_Meister]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

Originally Posted by Blade_Meister
Addressing what I highlighted in RED.

You are absolutely entitled to your opinion but I disagree. Keep in mind though that Im making broad generalizations so they wont apply perfectly. But the first sane and rational batch of players abandoned BoS during the initial #%&*$# coming right out of BoS Alpha and into beta. These were the people who's expectations were not met and they realized it was a losing battle so they left the product. What remained were the crazies who thought they could change things by spreading tourrettes on every forum known to man. This just further antagonized the Devs which resulted in a crack down and the second batch of people abandoning the product. The product now has a clear and present stigma associated with it. This is a situation where a re-branding of the product would go a LONG way to bring in new players IMO. It is so bad that I tried to get some people who play warthunder to try out CLoD and they refused because of the bad #%&*$# they heard about the IL2 BoS devs. That is messed up on so many levels. From my POV they have effectively killed the IL2 brand though that is probably a huge overstatement.

Again though, you are entitled to your opinion. And maybe your experiences with BoS and the shenanigans were different than mine.

#4388923 - 11/09/17 09:00 AM Re: Battle of Midway Game? [Re: Nimits]  
FlyingMonkey Offline
FlyingMonkey  Offline

Down under in Adelaide
I don't know. I think you're just a bit out of touch with the reality of the IL2 BoS community Master, which is probably due to the fact that you never got back to it after the initial mess. I was certainly initially really upset about the unlocks, limited settings, no VR etc etc. Once Jason took back the reins and VR was finally implemented (and PCWG for IL2 appeared), I decided it was time giving it a second chance and didn't regret that. At the same time about all the friends I know who had also given up on IL2 came back to BoS/BoM and started enjoying it a lot. I check the official forums nowadays and the community is nice.

#4388957 - 11/09/17 03:01 PM Re: Battle of Midway Game? [Re: Nimits]  
Blade_Meister Offline
Blade_Meister  Offline

Atlanta, GA, USA

1. These were the people who's expectations were not met and they realized it was a losing battle so they left the product. What remained

were the crazies who thought they could change things by spreading tourrettes on every forum known to man.

2. This just further antagonized the Devs which resulted in a crack down and the second batch of people abandoning the product. The

product now has a clear and present stigma associated with it. This is a situation where a re-branding of the product would go a LONG way

to bring in new players IMO. It is so bad that I tried to get some people who play warthunder to try out CLoD and they refused because of

the bad #%&*$# they heard about the IL2 BoS devs.

Again though, you are entitled to your opinion. And maybe your experiences with BoS and the shenanigans were different than mine.

1. But you see, it was not a losing battle. That was merely the perception of the people who are not used to Fighting for what they want. I was one of those early access, Alpha and Beta, people that did not have my expectations met. I was PISSED, but I for one never left the product. I didn't use it for over 1.5 years, but I didn't give up. Hell, I was so PISSED that when Jason sent me notification that I had won a Cash prize in the BOS 2015 Screenshot contest that I messaged him back that I couldn't accept the cash because I was such an ardent critic of BOS at the time. Stupid me! LOL! I felt I had been ripped off, but I and many others were some of the crazies, or maybe we were some of the smart group, that would call out the Devs repeatedly for the mistakes they had made and for the damage that they were doing to the IL2 name. I for one, along with many others, would list the shortcomings repeatedly and then list my expectations of what BOS should have been, and should be. This was done in the face of a small group from the different Communities that would boast how good BOS was at the time, when it mostly Sucked in the opinion of Old School Flight Simulation fans. They liked BOS the way it was, that is fine for them, but a big majority of the Flight Sim Community thought BOS Sucked badly and spoke out in an attempt to change that. What did we have to lose, 1C already had our money, this might have either killed the Sim period or hopefully get the Devs to do a 180 and get this Train on the right tracks. This group complained about the optimization of the DNE engine, the landing physics, the FMs, the Graphical adjustments, the Campaign and weapon unlocks and skin locks, the lack of SP Campaign, not having a ME, not having a Career Mode, not allowing custom skins, the bad AI, the bad PR from 1C and many other problems. I have to think Jason and 1C were reading all of these repetitive dissatisfaction's, and took note of the loyalty and steadfastness of these dissatisfied customers, not to mention their persistence in demanding change. I have to believe that this group pushed 1C to change BOX to what a traditional Flight Sim should be because if they did, they would win back this fan base / customer base. 1C has optimized the DNE to way, way better performance, added DX11, fixed the Landing physics 100%, improved the FMs 100%, added great Graphical adjustments, added VR, all unlocks gone, added SP Campaign Mode, added a ME, will be adding a Career Mode, allows custom skins, is steadily reworking the AI and the PR and general atmosphere on their Forums are more tolerable and calmer. Just about all of those topics that were complained about over and over and over have been corrected or are in the process of being corrected, plus there is a boatload of new innovations and new products coming in the future. The overall product is 95% better than 4 years ago. IMHO, the Crazies that rode out the storm and stuck to their guns for what they were asking for should be pretty happy now. Sometimes you have to realize something is a "losing battle" only if you have no Faith and you are not willing to Fight for what you want. If anyone who owns any of the BOX series has not updated it and tried it for the last year or more, then I say they are Crazy and should update it and retry it. They most likely will be pleasantly surprised at how far BOX has come since its beginning.

2. Anyone who wouldn't try CLOD because of the BS that went on 4 years ago with BOS and 1C is stupid. 1C has not had anything to do with CLOD development in many years. Atag and Team Fusion are all volunteers and have done wonders for CLOD through their love of the Sim. As far as I understand it, 1C still has no input on the Development of CLOD through TFS.

Said all of that to say this. I just don't see any evidence of this big group of people out there that think the IL2 name was completely ruined by the BOX series beginning debacle. Yes some left for good and some sold the game early, but I am guessing here, and I would love to read peoples input on this, that many have seen the complete turnaround from War Thunder want to be to a more Traditional Historical Hardcore Flight Sim, which is becoming quite in depth. The price may still be a sticking point for some, but if so, watch for the sales that 1C has and pick up one of the Box Series on sale and I think you will be pleasantly surprised. While there is still a good bit to be improved, the Big ones for me are the AI and an easier ME, on the whole BOX is FUN now, it is rock solid software wise, FPS friendly, even on my old AMD Phenom II BE from 7 years ago, and Graphically the best looking Sim(maybe CLOD rivals it) on the market. What more can I ask for from a product I bought for entertainment??? It has been a longtime coming but Box is a Solid Flight Sim IMHO. Again I respect your opinion and there is no attitude attached to my post. We just agree to disagree on the status of BOX's success and standing in the Flight Sim Community or lack there of. salute

OT. I have high hopes that 1C will continue their reorganized success in the BOX Series and bring the Flight Community a quality PTO, and I for one can't wait for Carrier Ops in a modern Graphics and Physics powered Flight Sim. This year has been FUN in BOX and I trust next year will be even better. I will be pre purchasing the BOM(Battle of Midway) and any other products they choose to offer. 1C has turned me from Ardent Critic to Ardent Supporter by turning BOX around and making it FUN. Now, I have wasted a couple of hours of my off day Flight time, so I am out of here and in to the BOX World of Simulation for a little escape from RL and some innocent FUN!

S!Blade<><

Last edited by Blade_Meister; 11/09/17 03:14 PM.
#4388987 - 11/09/17 07:32 PM Re: Battle of Midway Game? [Re: Nimits]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

Im not here to argue and change anything mind. I can easily accept that we have disagreeing viewpoints. I also really hope that Midway is successful and that allows them to continue on in that theater. I would sell my first born for a modern PTO sim! Calling it Battle of Midway and making it an Addon to BoS on steam is probably not a good idea though IMO. But im sure their marketing team will look into it far better than my limited experience shows.

#4389136 - 11/11/17 02:09 AM Re: Battle of Midway Game? [Re: Master]  
Blade_Meister Offline
Blade_Meister  Offline

Atlanta, GA, USA
I also really hope that Midway is successful and that allows them to continue on in that theater.

Me to!!! Next year should be a very good year for CFSs. WOTR, BOTP, CLOD 5.0, DCS Straight of Hormuz.
Exciting Stuff.
S!Blade<><

#4389243 - 11/12/17 03:05 AM Re: Battle of Midway Game? [Re: Nimits]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

What is BOTP? All of the others I know lol.

#4389248 - 11/12/17 04:27 AM Re: Battle of Midway Game? [Re: Master]  
Blade_Meister Offline
Blade_Meister  Offline

Atlanta, GA, USA
What is BOTP? All of the others I know lol.

Why Battle Of The Pacific my good Sir, of course. The next in the BOX series. winkngrin

S!Blade<><

#4389250 - 11/12/17 04:30 AM Re: Battle of Midway Game? [Re: Nimits]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

Is that what they are actually going to call it? It is going to be confusing if they go with Battle of Midway since BoM is Battle of Moscow...

#4389273 - 11/12/17 12:07 PM Re: Battle of Midway Game? [Re: Nimits]  
Speyer Offline
Speyer  Offline

As they release individual battles I don't think they will call it BOTP. Be interesting to see how they get around the Battle of Moscow/Midway names though!

#4389285 - 11/12/17 02:01 PM Re: Battle of Midway Game? [Re: Master]  
Blade_Meister Offline
Blade_Meister  Offline

Atlanta, GA, USA
Is that what they are actually going to call it? It is going to be confusing if they go with Battle of Midway since BoM is Battle of Moscow...

I just made that up Sir. I think they actually are going to call it BOAF. Agreed that BOM would make things to confusing. yep

SIBldae<><

#4389297 - 11/12/17 03:43 PM Re: Battle of Midway Game? [Re: Nimits]  
Speyer Offline
Speyer  Offline

BOAF? I'm not up with battles in the Pacific I'm afraid!

#4389301 - 11/12/17 04:08 PM Re: Battle of Midway Game? [Re: Speyer]  
Blade_Meister Offline
Blade_Meister  Offline

Atlanta, GA, USA
Originally Posted by Speyer
BOAF? I'm not up with battles in the Pacific I'm afraid!

This will require a little investigation. A bit of an easy "riddle" for Pacific Theater history buffs.

S!Blade<><

#4389319 - 11/12/17 07:00 PM Re: Battle of Midway Game? [Re: Nimits]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

Battle on the American Front?
Battle on the Asian Front?

They really should call it something like, Battle for the Pacific: Midway or Battle of the Pacific: Midway

If they keep Battle of Midway it should be BoMW

#4389424 - 11/13/17 07:05 AM Re: Battle of Midway Game? [Re: Master]  
Blade_Meister Offline
Blade_Meister  Offline

Atlanta, GA, USA
Battle on the American Front?
Battle on the Asian Front?

Nope & Nope. Do a little research and read about what happened before the actual Battle of Midway that gave the USN a bit of an advantage. BOAF

S!Blade<><

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  CyBerkut, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.