Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#4369721 - 07/18/17 04:03 AM Re: Activists Approach Fishermen [Re: Robbster]  
Zamzow Offline
Zamzow  Offline

The one and only part I'd agree with is the bit about just letting the thing die like that. To me, if you're going to hunt or fish you take the animal out as quickly as can practically be done, and certainly NOT extend the dying process intentionally or by inaction. Want the fish alive as long as possible for freshness? Put it in a damn ice chest with water in it. Otherwise whack it and put it on ice.

I used to keep boas and pythons. People would often be shocked to see me taking large rats (I bred them, cheaper than sourcing rabbits), putting them into bags, and whacking them to death on the floor. First whack would almost always do it, but I learned to do 3 just to be sure, just to be humane to the rat. Far more humane than the snakes would be - AND this strategy also was safer for the snakes. I'd had snakes severely lacerated by rats when they didn't get a perfect strike/constriction.

Believe me I got some "activist" moments though when people would see me "murdering" rats like that!

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4369956 - 07/19/17 08:09 AM Re: Activists Approach Fishermen [Re: Zamzow]  
Wolfstriked Offline
Wolfstriked  Offline

NYC
Originally Posted by Zamzow
The one and only part I'd agree with is the bit about just letting the thing die like that. To me, if you're going to hunt or fish you take the animal out as quickly as can practically be done, and certainly NOT extend the dying process intentionally or by inaction. Want the fish alive as long as possible for freshness? Put it in a damn ice chest with water in it. Otherwise whack it and put it on ice.

I used to keep boas and pythons. People would often be shocked to see me taking large rats (I bred them, cheaper than sourcing rabbits), putting them into bags, and whacking them to death on the floor. First whack would almost always do it, but I learned to do 3 just to be sure, just to be humane to the rat. Far more humane than the snakes would be - AND this strategy also was safer for the snakes. I'd had snakes severely lacerated by rats when they didn't get a perfect strike/constriction.

Believe me I got some "activist" moments though when people would see me "murdering" rats like that!

LMAO

#4369996 - 07/19/17 04:24 PM Re: Activists Approach Fishermen [Re: Robbster]  
Falstar Offline
Falstar  Offline

Edina, MN 55439
Notice how the rights group used a child to open their ambush. Like that kid would have come up with that speech on his own.

#4370000 - 07/19/17 05:05 PM Re: Activists Approach Fishermen [Re: Robbster]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
Zamzow said, in better words, what I was trying to say (and I also loved his rat story). I don't disagree with what's being said on this thread, but letting a fish flop around on pavement until it dies kinda rubs me the wrong way. A quick whack or stab to the head would be more humane and less cringe worthy. I can still picture my aunt whacking catfish (any that survived the trip home being iced down in an ice chest) in the head with a mallet before skinning them on a tree nail in their backyard. If the fisherman would have just tossed it on ice, I think the situation might not have escalated to such a confrontation, not that *any* harassment was justified.

The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run
#4370001 - 07/19/17 05:05 PM Re: Activists Approach Fishermen [Re: Robbster]  
LB4LB Offline
Still lurking about
LB4LB  Offline
Still lurking about
Hotshot

Detroit Burbs
Like I said before, I find it disgusting when people use children in their "activism". What a horrible idea having a child right there as you decide to get in somebody's face. What if a fight break's out? What if you piss off the wrong guy and he pulls out a gun? This shows this guy has no concern for the safety of that child. But hey, he saved a fish. Lunacy, pure lunacy.

#4370010 - 07/19/17 05:27 PM Re: Activists Approach Fishermen [Re: LB4LB]  
Falstar Offline
Falstar  Offline

Edina, MN 55439
Originally Posted by LB4LB
Like I said before, I find it disgusting when people use children in their "activism". What a horrible idea having a child right there as you decide to get in somebody's face. What if a fight break's out? What if you piss off the wrong guy and he pulls out a gun? This shows this guy has no concern for the safety of that child. But hey, he saved a fish. Lunacy, pure lunacy.

He says he saved a fish, I'm pretty sure the fish will not last even after being thrown 15 feet into the water. lol

#4370012 - 07/19/17 05:35 PM Re: Activists Approach Fishermen [Re: Robbster]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
Yeah, it was probably out of water for too long, needs to be resuscitated until it swims away from your hand. That fish became a floater.

The sun is in the east
#4370016 - 07/19/17 05:41 PM Re: Activists Approach Fishermen [Re: Robbster]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
Dead AND wasted.
They don't really care though, they just want to give people a hard time in public.
Otherwise, why stake out individual fishermen when you could go to fish farms? No one to see them there.

Those guys had a right to fish and if within the rules of that body of water and state laws, to keep their catch. However they want. If those activists are going to ignore laws and a person's right, then those guys had just as much right to beat the ever loving crap out of them.
The whole thing was a set up though, they had a bunch of people there and those guys just happened to be the victims. It was all staged to go down, starting out with using that kid.

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
#4370020 - 07/19/17 05:52 PM Re: Activists Approach Fishermen [Re: Robbster]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
Reminds me that I need to get a new freshwater license, I might do lifetime if it's not too expensive.

The sun is in the east
#4370025 - 07/19/17 06:33 PM Re: Activists Approach Fishermen [Re: Robbster]  
KraziKanuK Offline
Veteran
KraziKanuK  Offline
Veteran

Ottawa Canada
If it was me I think one of those 'activists' my have accidentally ended up in the water and needed fishing out of the water. smile

There was only 16 squadrons of RAF fighters that used 100 octane during the BoB.
The Fw190A could not fly with the outer cannon removed.
There was no Fw190A-8s flying with the JGs in 1945.
#4370032 - 07/19/17 06:53 PM Re: Activists Approach Fishermen [Re: KraziKanuK]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
Originally Posted by KraziKanuK
If it was me I think one of those 'activists' my have accidentally ended up in the water and needed fishing out of the water. smile

Being realistic, and assuming you felt you could overtake the guy(s) verbally harassing you...is it worth a possible assault charge? Let the police handle it.

The sun is in the east
#4370051 - 07/19/17 08:28 PM Re: Activists Approach Fishermen [Re: Robbster]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
Is it assault if they accidentally get hooked in the face during a cast?

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
#4370225 - 07/20/17 05:44 PM Re: Activists Approach Fishermen [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
Originally Posted by Raw Kryptonite
Is it assault if they accidentally get hooked in the face during a cast?

That would be for a judge to decide after watching the video. In this case, the video works against the harassers (whether they realize it or not), although I doubt anything became of it. Hopefully the dudes that were fishing were made aware of it on YT (I would think they know) and can use it as evidence if it becomes a reoccurring problem, or happens to someone else.

I love it when idiots post videos of themselves being stupid and/or unlawful. smile

The sun is in the east
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
RIP Louis Gosset, Jr
by bones. 03/29/24 02:40 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.