Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4369395 - 07/15/17 09:32 PM Funny little details in games.  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
So I just finished a campaign battle in Ultimate General: Civil War and I was going through my roster of available Union officers to replace a major who was KIA. I noticed one of the officers had a first name of Juan. Juan?? Somehow I don't think the Union Army had any officers with a first name of Juan. biggrin

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4369396 - 07/15/17 09:40 PM Re: Funny little details in games. [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
rwatson Offline
Hotshot
rwatson  Offline
Hotshot

New Concord, Ohio
not sure there PM but there was a Don Carlos union officer,,I remember in my readings an officer named Juan but can't remember the last name ..But found this
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hispanics_in_the_American_Civil_War

Russ
Semper Fi
#4369397 - 07/15/17 09:41 PM Re: Funny little details in games. [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
EAF331 MadDog Offline
XBL: LanceHawkins
EAF331 MadDog  Offline
XBL: LanceHawkins
Hotshot

Oslo, Norway
Actually, 10,000 hispanics fought in the Civil War on both sides.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hispanics_in_the_American_Civil_War

One even reached the rank of General, as well as an admiral.

#4369398 - 07/15/17 09:42 PM Re: Funny little details in games. [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
rwatson Offline
Hotshot
rwatson  Offline
Hotshot

New Concord, Ohio
EAF I was writing but you posted first..We found the same site

Russ
Semper Fi
#4369417 - 07/16/17 02:27 AM Re: Funny little details in games. [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Weasel_Keeper Offline
SimHQ Forums Manager
Weasel_Keeper  Offline
SimHQ Forums Manager
Veteran

Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA
Maybe not funny, but details in a game...

When I first got rF2 I raced some 60s era F1 cars around old Spa and was in awe at the level of detail around the course. Back in the day this course was like LeMans was a few decades ago where you actually raced through small towns on the normal roads without any barriers if you go off. The level of detail became more evident when I lost my car in a corner and ended up going off of the road into some trees near a house probably 50 yards off of the course. As I was sitting there I noticed a head stone so I took a screen shot of it and later did some research to see if it was real...and it was! I don't have the screenie anymore, but it was someone who had died during a race many years ago...maybe some kid who was struck by a car or something...I forget now. Had I not gone off the road there I would have never seen it and if nobody ever crashed in that spot they would never see it either, so that amount of detail was unexpected.

"Cave Putorium!"
SoWW #2485
Beware the Weasel
#4369435 - 07/16/17 09:38 AM Re: Funny little details in games. [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
3instein Offline
3instein  Offline

Falkirk,Scotland
It really is great sometimes when you come across a nice little gem in the game that you're playing.

Last night while playing Ghost Recon Wildlands,

I was standing at a small outpost I and noticed a large shadow covering the ground in front of me, it was moving away from me and at once reminded me of the scene in the movie Independence Day when the alien ship blocks out the sun as it comes into Earths atmosphere. there was a large mountain behind me in the far distance and the sun was setting behind it causing said shadow.

Not funny I know but something that stood out from the norm and I hadn't seen that in a game before.

Mick. smile

"An appeaser is someone who feeds the crocodile hoping he will be eaten last"

Winston Churchill

#4370074 - 07/19/17 10:23 PM Re: Funny little details in games. [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Blade_RJ  Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Hotshot

brasil
Anyone here knows SHOGO ? its a very old game, you get some mechas and play as soldier as well.......i didnt know english at the time, i was only 10.so here i am in this base and all i understand is that i need to get my mecha......it looks like a police station, there is a woman and a girl talking to a cop like in the stall......when i move past the guard warn me, so i can understand i cant go there or must give him something to pass.....after a few minutes i have no clue what to do....so i just clubed a guard outside and took his pistol, the cop attacks me and instead hit the woman......the npc dies, and the girl started crying.......CRYING !!! i never felt so bad for an AI in a game since that failed leap of faith in tomb raider 2, obviously i could not stand seeing that child without her mother crying by herself so....i shot her too and grabed my mecha

#4370086 - 07/19/17 10:47 PM Re: Funny little details in games. [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
obviously i could not stand seeing that child without her mother crying by herself so....i shot her too

That is funny on so many layers!

The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

More dumb stuff at http://www.darts-page.com

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
#4370097 - 07/19/17 11:09 PM Re: Funny little details in games. [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Chucky Offline
Veteran
Chucky  Offline
Veteran

UK
Originally Posted by Blade_RJ
Anyone here knows SHOGO ?

I don't remember the SP too well but I played MP a lot over LAN with my son. If I remember correctly you could use a zip-line type thing to get on the buildings to hide/snipe. Good fun times.

EV's are the Devils matchbox.
#4370158 - 07/20/17 10:45 AM Re: Funny little details in games. [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
I have one more to add:

The flight sim "B-17" by Microprose that came out in the 1990's.

If you scroll along the map of Europe while at the navigator station in the B-17 you will notice the German city of "Karl Marx Stadt". Of course this renaming of the city of "Chemnitz" did not occur until 1953.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4370237 - 07/20/17 06:45 PM Re: Funny little details in games. [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Interesting details, perhaps, above. But funny?

One I found really funny was in Borderlands 2. A game I find quite funny overall. There is an enemy and I forget which one..rats, skags, hmmm, not sure.

Anyway, when you set them on fire they run around and in a high pitched voice yell

"I smell delicious!"

So many great characters in that game. Tiny Tina, Handsome Jack, Scooter, Claptrap, Innuendobot

I still play this regularly. Great game.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#4370238 - 07/20/17 06:49 PM Re: Funny little details in games. [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Agreed on the Borderlands games. I've played all of them in cooperative mode with friends and its been fun. Those games aren't really meant to be played by one person though in my opinion.

#4370273 - 07/20/17 10:35 PM Re: Funny little details in games. [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
Might be kind of sick, but I got a morbid kick out of the WP's in Rainbow Six. Sometimes you'd get a one liner after the guy died.

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
#4370337 - 07/21/17 01:07 PM Re: Funny little details in games. [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
Agreed on the Borderlands games. I've played all of them in cooperative mode with friends and its been fun. Those games aren't really meant to be played by one person though in my opinion.

While I would agree that the game is designed with co-op in mind, I think Borderlands 2 is a great single player game. I've taken three characters to Ultimate Vault Hunter mode in SP and had a lot of fun. The characters are designed in such a way that a diverse group synergizes particularly well. But it's still great solo, in my opinion.

I realize as well, having read probably 75% of your posts over the years biggrin , that co-op-ability is one of the things you look for in a game. So I understand where you're coming from.

I forgot to mention Mr Torque as another great character from this game.

"Did you know that 97% of things on Pandora are not exploding right now? That's bullsh!t!"

"By registering for the tournament, you legally forfeit your right to cry, eat tofu, or watch movies where people kiss in the rain and sh!t"

"That sentence had too many syllables! Apologize!"

#4370340 - 07/21/17 01:13 PM Re: Funny little details in games. [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Yeah, Torque is great. He's reminds me of Ted Nugent but on steroids.

#4370341 - 07/21/17 01:21 PM Re: Funny little details in games. [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Haha, good call.

It's a free-for-all and I heard it said
You can bet your life
Stakes are high and so am I
It's EXPLOSIONS!

#4371511 - 07/28/17 09:00 PM Re: Funny little details in games. [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

These United States of America
LOL RawKryptonite. I miss playing Rainbow 6 1-3.

BTW, did SimHQ change the way we can upload images? I'm noticing that I can't do it the way I used to which was pretty easy.(You used to could upload straight from your PC but now I see no other option but linking a URL or attaching documents)

Here's a couple I found recently. Nothing spectacular but still kind of fun when you find them. First shots are from Murdered: Soul Suspect. The second one is from FEAR which apparently shows some unique mail laying on the table. Not the magazine but the letterhead of the mail.

Attached Files 1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13

#4371530 - 07/29/17 02:13 AM Re: Funny little details in games. [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
letterboy1 Offline
(Heterosexual)Tchaikovsky Ballet Fan
letterboy1  Offline
(Heterosexual)Tchaikovsky Ballet Fan
Lifer

Columbus, GA USA
I'm playing Dishonored (the first one). I started it when it first came out and got side-tracked. For a long time. Anyway, I just played a mission where I had to go to the Boyle estate and go to a party to secretly try to identify my target for assassination. Long story short, as I was walking my the table with the food and drinks, I could have sworn one of the party guests farted and then pardoned himself. Can anyone confirm this? I mean, I know it wasn't me. wink

The issue is not p*ssy. The issue is monkey.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.