Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#4368898 - 07/12/17 08:51 PM Re: ...now let's get down to business. [Re: Sandbagger]  
BuckeyeBob Offline
BuckeyeBob  Offline

Ohio, USA
Definitely a great deal of work, blood, sweat, and tears must go into these models, probably more than I can even imagine!

Besides the actual aircraft model that appears in game, the biggest stumbling block is probably creating the aircraft hit box models. OBD has every right to expect that these are drawn with the same level of care and sophistication that already exists in the official WOFF aircraft. Unfortunately, I have absolutely no artistic or drawing ability (or vision)! OTOH, I am perfectly willing and able to work on both the FM and DM files that would help bring life to some of these models.

“With Major Lawrence, mercy is a passion. With me it is merely good manners. You may judge which motive is the more reliable.”
#4368907 - 07/12/17 09:40 PM Re: ...now let's get down to business. [Re: OvStachel]  
stljeffbb Offline
stljeffbb  Offline

Wisconsin USA
Originally Posted by OldHat
Originally Posted by OvStachel
Can't wait to see the list.

Pending no objections from mod authors.... here's.....

The List...

Avro504C
Avro504D
BristolM1C
FarmanMF11
FarmanMF11b
FarmanMF11c
FarmanMF7
FokkerB.I
FokkerB.II
Hp0/400
HalberstadtCL.IV
HanriotHD.1
HanriotHD.1 Dual
Hansa BrandenburgD.1
MartinsydeG100
MartinsydeG102
MartinsydeS1
Morane Bullet
Morane TypeH
PfalzBI
PfalzEI
PfalzEIV
PflazEV
PhonixKDI
Salmason2a

It would help to know which planes have similar performance specs to ones already in WOFF UE (or if I have any planes listed that are already included), so that I can release them quicker.....

.....or before this brief moment of insanity I got myself into wears off.

Wow!

Can remove some that WOFFUE doesn't cover....

No Eastern Front:
Hansa BrandenburgD.1
PhonixKDI
FokkerB.I
FokkerB.II

No Belgians:
HanriotHD.1
HanriotHD.1 Dual

The FokkerB.I can be used as the Fokker M 7, which had been operated by the Naval air service of the Kaiserliche Marine from 1915.

Eliminate those and the list gets a little easier. But again, these are not in the main data files , so they won't be active in campaigns without some renaming and file trickery for lack if better words. Sort of like how Pat Wilson created the Western Front Patch for those that remember... ugh...15 years ago...

FWIW I would vote to keep the Hanriot's in, as we can simulate a Belgian career.

Regards,

Jeff

WOFF:UE Computer Specs and set-up:
Homebuilt Computer!
Intel i5-3570k mildly overclocked to 3.8ghz
AsRock Z75 mobo
Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB (EVGA one fan version)
16 GB RAM
42 inch Sharp Aquos LCD TV with 120hz refresh
Very old (over 20 years now) Aiwa Receiver/Amplifier
Very old giant stereo speakers with newer sub-woofer
Very old Logitech Wingman joystick with two buttons and a throttle slider
Very old CH Thurstmaster analog footpedals
Manhattan analog/USB converter
W10
#4368917 - 07/12/17 10:59 PM Re: ...now let's get down to business. [Re: OldHat]  
CW3SF Offline
CW3SF  Offline

colorado & arizona
Robert "happy birth day"--- you old fart! I hit 80 last April.

I will be happy to fill your glass "again" the next time we meet. Ohio ?? WW1 gathering again? About one year from now?

" The Old Gezzer"

Origin made- silverstone case,ASUS Max VI Extreme , CPU intel Core i7 4770k, cooling asotex 570LC, NVIDA 3G GTX 780 Ti , Mem 16GB Kingston Hyper X DDR3 ,game drive 120GB INTEL X25 SS, OS drive 1TB, Win 7 home Prem.Logitech G105 key board,BenQ XL2430 Gaming Monitor.
All pilots owe me a beer. Retired USAF Rescue/Survival, Special Forces, and MI (after I got old and grey).
#4368929 - 07/13/17 12:12 AM Re: ...now let's get down to business. [Re: OldHat]  
OldHat Offline
OldHat  Offline

Really helps to know which planes to work on and leave. Thanks for that info.

I don't have access to a "free" sop. dolphin, yet.

I have access to a few more "free" models of planes which are already inside WOFF. I can basically make minor adjustments to those model's wings/fuselage/etc... wider/larger/narrower.. to make variants. Maybe not as good-looking as OBD models, but at least more plane variety.

Also, would help to know which FMs I can recycle and reuse to make variants. Any suggestions? This is a large project and any helpers are welcome. Just say what you're working on to avoid duplication of effort.

OBD would need to make some kind of programming "hole" in WOFF for these planes to be inserted and integrated without resorting to manually editing campaign files. These are "free" models and can't be sold.

Updated LIST

Avro504C
Avro504D - Model in Final Stages, Robert FM
BristolM1C - low priority
FarmanMF11 - Working on Model for minor adjustments
FarmanMF11b
FarmanMF11c
FarmanMF7 - Model and FM done, now testing.
FokkerB.IM7
FokkerB.II
Hp0/400 - BuckeyeBob FM (Future)
HalberstadtCL.IV
HanriotHD.1
HanriotHD.1 Dual
Hansa BrandenburgD.1
MartinsydeG100
MartinsydeG102
MartinsydeS1
Morane Bullet - model in final stages, BuckeyeBob FM
Morane TypeH - using FokkerEI FM, low priority
PfalzBI
PfalzEI - using FokkerEI FM, building model
PfalzEIV
PflazEV
PhonixKDI

Last edited by OldHat; 07/15/17 03:49 AM. Reason: updated list
#4368952 - 07/13/17 08:35 AM Re: ...now let's get down to business. [Re: OldHat]  
OvStachel Offline
OvStachel  Offline

Long Island, NY
If the deep need for the Beligans arises, the Pup can be used in place of a low-quality HD-1 model. The Camel is already in the game, as is the Spad VII. The HD.1 was very close in ability and design to the Pup. So it makes sense to use it as a viable sub.

What is more difficult is activating the squadrons in the game as part of campaign mode. It just won't happen correctly (if at all) without direct involvement of the devs.

So, leave out the HD.1 until it can be added properly.

Just my $1.68.

Ok...

Pfalz B.I... not sure there even was such a plane. Could be a variation of the Parasol, or even an unarmed 2-seater Fokker D.II?

Here is a little discussion on the type...or lack there of...

http://combatace.com/topic/81039-additional-info-on-pfalz-bi-in-the-downloads-section/

Pfalz E.IV/V... don't waste your time with these. There were very few built and of those that were, they were not well liked and replaced very quickly with Fokker types.

The E.I would be great to see active. You can use the DM/FM from the Fokkers as they were nearly identical in characteristic other than the color and cowlings.

The Morane Type H is effectively a Pfalz E.I... well... vice-versa really... the Type H was produced first by the French. Pfalz then produced it under license as the Pfalz E.I....which eventually sparked interest from Fokker who took the design, improved it, added the history making synchro-gear for the MG and sold it as the E series to Germany...thus creating the world's first fighter plane.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morane-Saulnier_H

OvS

Last edited by OvStachel; 07/13/17 08:36 AM.

The Black Baron of Boistrancourt returns!!

I'd rather die fighting, than live for nothing. - Gen. G.S. Patton
#4368960 - 07/13/17 11:18 AM Re: ...now let's get down to business. [Re: OldHat]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
OldHat

I have the FM for the FarmanMF11b Longhorn ready for testing. PM me so we can discuss

(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4

#4368980 - 07/13/17 03:03 PM Re: ...now let's get down to business. [Re: OldHat]  
Shredward Offline
Shredward  Offline

Lake Louise, AB Canada
26 Morane H types ordered; 3 in escadrille service, 2 in reserve with MS31 from 24/09/14 06/11/14, when they were replaced with Morane Ls and relegated to training units. Two Hs were assigned to the CRP.
Cheers,
shredward

We will remember them.
#4368982 - 07/13/17 03:09 PM Re: ...now let's get down to business. [Re: OldHat]  
Shredward Offline
Shredward  Offline

Lake Louise, AB Canada
One Bristol Bullet attached to 56 Sqn for a couple of weeks evaluation. Most were flown as personal a/c of instructors or attached to the Fighting School in England. A few saw service in the Middle East. An outstanding a/c, overlooked due to Ministry politics
Cheers,
shredward

We will remember them.
#4368983 - 07/13/17 03:14 PM Re: ...now let's get down to business. [Re: OldHat]  
OldHat Offline
OldHat  Offline

OvS and Shred... appreciate the input. Good Stuff, indeed! - Anyone is welcome to contribute or let me know if I've made mistakes.

I've updated the list above. Will continue to update as time goes on.

Thanks for the FM Robert, I will test it soon.

....can't wait....exciting times ahead.

Last edited by OldHat; 07/13/17 03:21 PM.
#4369014 - 07/13/17 05:24 PM Re: ...now let's get down to business. [Re: OldHat]  
BuckeyeBob Offline
BuckeyeBob  Offline

Ohio, USA
I am willing to work on the FM for the Salmson2a first, and then the HP 0/400 after that. I can also work on the DM for both, although I will need a volunteer who is willing to draw the actual damage boxes.

Is there anything else I need to know? I have some basic information about the Salmson2a, but not a lot.

“With Major Lawrence, mercy is a passion. With me it is merely good manners. You may judge which motive is the more reliable.”
#4369033 - 07/13/17 06:14 PM Re: ...now let's get down to business. [Re: OldHat]  
dutch Offline
dutch  Offline

EURO-zone
I do miss the albatros two seaters, think these planes do belong in this game.
Maybe this plane could also be interested, the Short bomber that was in OFF2, this plane could be a good and an simple to start plane.

Need to know are we creating these planes for the campaign mode or just as an extra for the Quick mission.

Last edited by dutch; 07/13/17 06:15 PM.
#4369072 - 07/13/17 08:41 PM Re: ...now let's get down to business. [Re: OldHat]  
DukeIronHand Offline
Hotshot
DukeIronHand  Offline
Hotshot

High over the Front
Alb 2-seaters are certainly needed.

#4369079 - 07/13/17 09:34 PM Re: ...now let's get down to business. [Re: OvStachel]  
OldHat Offline
OldHat  Offline

What is more difficult is activating the squadrons in the game as part of campaign mode. It just won't happen correctly (if at all) without direct involvement of the devs.

Well, yes and no. WOFF campaign mission file can be edited to include any plane with any squad combo. Look at my training mission editing thread for example.

Basically, in a campaign mission, I can swap out any "AI" plane and rename the squad to match accordingly without actually revealing waypoints. If you happen to encounter them while flying your campaign mission, you can identify the squad and planes. Nice of OBD to allow this neat feature.

However, I can't get these planes to show in QC due to restrictions.

The damage models and boxes will have to be done on a later project. Right now, they'll burn and smoke and crash using default settings, but not show phyisical damage.

I found a few more planes, but need to test them first. I may have the Alb 2 seater and Dolphine. In case they don't work,
Anyone know what these 2 planes closely resemble with what changes. I know the Alb went from Bs to Cs with variations

#4369081 - 07/13/17 09:46 PM Re: ...now let's get down to business. [Re: dutch]  
BuckeyeBob Offline
BuckeyeBob  Offline

Ohio, USA
Originally Posted by dutch
I do miss the albatros two seaters, think these planes do belong in this game.
Maybe this plane could also be interested, the Short bomber that was in OFF2, this plane could be a good and an simple to start plane.

Need to know are we creating these planes for the campaign mode or just as an extra for the Quick mission.

My understanding is that these will work "out of the box" in QC missions. In the campaign, you will not see them unless you use JJJ's mission editor to manually insert them into friendly and enemy flights. Fortunately, that is not hard to do, but it does delay the start of the mission. Getting them into the campaign automatically will require a modification to the global.xml file, which I believe has been encrypted by OBD.

EDIT: what OldHat said!

Last edited by BuckeyeBob; 07/13/17 09:49 PM.

#4369083 - 07/13/17 09:56 PM Re: ...now let's get down to business. [Re: OldHat]  
BuckeyeBob Offline
BuckeyeBob  Offline

Ohio, USA

]I thought that if the plane is in the aircraft folder, it can be selected as a plane to fly or as an opponent in the QC screen. I could be mistaken, however.

Sorry, strike that. OldHat is right. There may eventually be a way to solve that, however.

Last edited by BuckeyeBob; 07/13/17 10:03 PM.

#4369092 - 07/13/17 11:25 PM Re: ...now let's get down to business. [Re: OldHat]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Originally Posted by OldHat
PfalzEI - using FokkerEI FM, building model

From what I've read, Pfalz was inferior to Fokker. If possible, Fokker's FM should be tweaked to bring the Pfalz down a notch. Unfortunately I have no idea which characteristics made it inferior.

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."
#4369131 - 07/14/17 06:19 AM Re: ...now let's get down to business. [Re: BuckeyeBob]  
JJJ65 Offline
JJJ65  Offline

Czech Rep.
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBob

]I thought that if the plane is in the aircraft folder, it can be selected as a plane to fly or as an opponent in the QC screen. I could be mistaken, however.

Sorry, strike that. OldHat is right. There may eventually be a way to solve that, however.

These planes must be included in their respective "<Country name>Aircraft.txt" encrypted files. That is why we need the OBD to cooperate.

#4369337 - 07/15/17 01:16 PM Re: ...now let's get down to business. [Re: OldHat]  
BuckeyeBob Offline
BuckeyeBob  Offline

Ohio, USA
Does anyone have any information about detailed specs for the Morane N (Bullet) other than Wikipedia, theaerodrome, or militaryfactorycom?

#4369339 - 07/15/17 01:47 PM Re: ...now let's get down to business. [Re: OldHat]  
OldHat Offline
OldHat  Offline

Please check your PM

#4369545 - 07/17/17 02:34 AM Re: ...now let's get down to business. [Re: OldHat]  
OldHat Offline
OldHat  Offline

Not just AI controlled planes anymore, now with a view from the cockpit and working controls....

Thanks OBD!! and thanks to Robert for the modified FM.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM