Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#4368111 - 07/09/17 01:20 AM EAW Help Site Updated and Work  
MarkEAW Offline
MarkEAW  Offline

Well, I took a break from research again , But for the past few week I been correcting errors on my site and rearranging information and files.

-I worked on separating and making a few new patch pages, explaining and correcting some info errors I had on them.
-Worked on the mediafire files, move them around a bit, and upload a few new stuff (once in awhile I do)
I usually combine some file archives that have same stuff together, such as are the same text etc...

I have a ton of half set researched notes to still go through and post the information on my web site. Then I'm back to active researching and updating.

As usual, if you have anything relevant as far as information to be used in some of my docs, such as corrections, please let me know.

EAWHS
eaw.neocities.org

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4368815 - 07/12/17 02:01 PM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
MarkEAW Offline
MarkEAW  Offline

Still having problems installing (rather adding EAW) to your hard drive?

I have yet again done some re writing of the Manually Install document, it has moved sections, and new details to help you get the most out of the game.
https://eaw.neocities.org/eaw-manually-install.html

#4370149 - 07/20/17 08:54 AM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
MarkEAW Offline
MarkEAW  Offline

I put alot more work into the documents/pages that need more errors fixed or better explanations added and expanded.
(However, Still on research break. Hope to start back up in weeks.)

Also the Main Page has been divided up into more sections.

I'm on the fence about separating the information on all the types of EAW there are.
For an example, I could remove all the v1.28+ information from the eaw.ini help document and build a new document with the 1.28+ changes only in it.
So there would effectively be two docs on the same subject (for most of the current docs), one for stock EAW and one for the coded EAW game.

Would it read / reference better if I do it that way? or should I just keep combining all the versions into one doc per topic?
Anyway, I'm still debating over that decision.

Last edited by MarkEAW; 07/20/17 08:57 AM.
#4370161 - 07/20/17 11:16 AM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
rwatson Offline
Hotshot
rwatson  Offline
Hotshot

New Concord, Ohio
Great Work Mark I find something new every time I go there,,Bit by small bit I'm learning

Russ
Semper Fi
#4370473 - 07/22/17 10:04 AM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
MarkEAW Offline
MarkEAW  Offline

Thanks.

I went ahead and separated the information and details, so the stock game has its own docs, while the source coded information is in another set of docs.
Should help someone trying to find that information faster.

#4370566 - 07/23/17 05:06 AM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
Brit44 'Aldo' Offline
Every Human is Unique
Brit44 'Aldo'  Offline
Every Human is Unique

I went ahead and separated the information and details, so the stock game has its own docs, while the source coded information is in another set of docs.
Should help someone trying to find that information faster.

For what it is worth, I agree with your decision. I have been repairing motorcycles for over 30 years and I constantly have to remind myself that what I think is obvious is not so obvious for someone who is new to the knowledge. It is a full time hobby to develop knowledge and a full time hobby to document said knowledge.

TPA who TWI
"The 10th Amendment simply says that any powers that aren’t mentioned in the Constitution as belonging to the government belong to the states themselves."
#4372204 - 08/01/17 11:44 PM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
MarkEAW Offline
MarkEAW  Offline

I really worked on the Full Review of EAW help doc last night and today.

https://eaw.neocities.org/eaw-full-review.html

I Added a Specifications and Feature Highlight section mainly, well I filled it in and moved a bunch of feature list information into it, so that section of the help doc is looking full.
I also re written a few other sections and paragraphs of the review, sometimes I add text , then I post it. When I read it again I realize I have to eventually go back rewrite some sentences or paragraphs in.

I got the 20 flyable planes seal cleaned up the best I can (I'm no expert) So I'll add that to the site eventually, along with some other box art awards and medals that EAW was chosen for outstanding flight sim in 98 and 99 etc...despite only truly being a 640x480 game, while the competition games took more advantage of the 3D accel cards out there, back in 1998.

#4375715 - 08/21/17 06:40 PM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
MarkEAW Offline
MarkEAW  Offline

I added a page for v1.2 Multiplayer. (Its really just reissued text from other help docs i wrote up, with a few latest corrections)

https://eaw.neocities.org/eaw-multiplayer.html

Some of the information applies to the 1.28+ versions. But those versions have more settings which are transferred to the player from the host, which I have not included.
Not sure if I'm going to write up a separate page yet for the source coded multiplayer settings, since I can't test too much out right now.

#4389556 - 11/14/17 04:24 AM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
MarkEAW Offline
MarkEAW  Offline

I've got rid of the dark red color for the links on my site for those who seen them as nearly Black in color.
and now all links highlight when you hover over them so there easier to see.

I've update the install doc a little to better express the different versions of EAW and the benefit of using older versions to compare with newer versions.
and I corrected some more errors across the site.

Enjoy.

#4395221 - 12/17/17 01:46 AM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
MarkEAW Offline
MarkEAW  Offline

Just wanted to wish everyone Happy Holidays!
and
Just minor updates to the EAWHS site here and there have been done since last posting. smile

I haven't been doing too much research into the game as I'm busy in real life and I will be for a few months.
I hope to continue and produce more EAW Help Docs and info when that time comes.

In the mean time:
Remember, if you need more information about a topic, please let me know (via PM or posting in the EAW forum here) and I'll see if I can write up a doc or expand a section of a doc for you.
I can't read minds so I don't know where the troubles are for each and everyone, so be vocal.
If you have info for me to help, its greatly appreciated, and I'll share with others the new helpful info.

Okay. That's all for today I think. wink

#4395336 - 12/17/17 06:19 PM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
rwatson Offline
Hotshot
rwatson  Offline
Hotshot

New Concord, Ohio
Merry Christmas to you Mark..And thank you for your site it has helped me more than once good work there

Russ
Semper Fi
#4397088 - 12/27/17 11:03 PM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
MarkEAW Offline
MarkEAW  Offline

Your welcome!

Updated Multiplayer pages a bit, used some eaw user manual text to complete the doc. From the typed out/ocr manual that Sandbagger did long ago in Word format.
The user manual text completes the doc info. But I like to re write some of it to explain better, but I currently don't have a CD-ROM hooked up to my computer so i can't run EAW at all at the moment.
I'll be without EAW for a few more weeks I think, until I can get another cd-rom drive hooked up. (The NoCD exe's require a CD-Rom drive hooked up, even though its empty.)

I really could use some help on these Multiplayer docs if anyones got time to fill in there knowledge or technical experience with Multiplayer. Show me where i need to expand those docs please.....

#4401028 - 01/20/18 04:22 AM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
MarkEAW Offline
MarkEAW  Offline

If your looking for a increase in speed during flight, (I got steady 4 to 5 fps increase) with v1.60.
This of course is for flat out Direct3D.
I was able to tweak the Win10 Compatibility settings a bit and discovered through reading and testing that these values help the game run faster.

In the VALUE DATA, the first entry is the automated entry that win10 will add everytime. Since its a Compat Mode it slows the game down.
The 2nd value will speed up the game but removes the mouse pointer from the menu screens.
So I added a third setting thats a Mode/Fix setting to restore the arrow.
Just realize one setting fixes the game another speeds it up and another fixes what the previous setting broke. lol

You don't need to know all that, other than you'll get 5 maybe more frames per second added to the D3D flight screen.
Heres the registry entry you'll want to tweak, if you know what to do.

These are the Win8.1 and Win10 Registry Additional Compatibility Mode/Fix Entries:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers

These are the Values (Note that the folder path to your game will be different):
Value Name: D:\MicroProse Software\EAW12\eaw.exe
Value Data: DWM8And16BitMitigation 8And16BitAggregateBlts 8And16BitTimedPriSync

Theres also a registry tweak to speed the game up almost double the speed, like from 38 to 64 fps, but the side effect is the text gets all squished. I haven't found another mode or fix to correct the text. I highly doubt there is one though.
Anyhow in this doc , it will explain what I was able to discover from research and testing. I used v1.26 and v1.60 (recent) versions for my tests.
https://eaw.neocities.org/eaw-manually-install.html

#4401643 - 01/24/18 07:34 AM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
Brit44 'Aldo' Offline
Every Human is Unique
Brit44 'Aldo'  Offline
Every Human is Unique

Just realize one setting fixes the game another speeds it up and another fixes what the previous setting broke. lol

Sounds similar to modding. Well done

TPA who TWI
"The 10th Amendment simply says that any powers that aren’t mentioned in the Constitution as belonging to the government belong to the states themselves."
#4402818 - 02/01/18 03:09 AM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
MarkEAW Offline
MarkEAW  Offline

Found an old Japanese EAW web site in the wayback machine. It had tips that I never read before about mission selections and how to obtain certain parameters.

https://eaw.neocities.org/eaw-flight-testing-training.html

There at the end of the help document under TIPs. I yet to re write them so they make more sense, since some where in broken English and some where translated. But there is some interesting info there.

Regarding the registry tweak I've posted previously about; doubling frames per second. If you dont use HUDs I suppose it would be beneficial to anyone using it. But since the original Virtual cockpit gauges are hard to read still. I find it difficult not having the green hud in the left bottom of the screen. So I guess lower FPS is a sacrifice we must endure.......

#4406490 - 02/21/18 03:29 AM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
MarkEAW Offline
MarkEAW  Offline

Getting approximately 5 frames faster with better compatibility. (winvista-win10)
Here's some updated info from my help doc, it explains basically how the settings are effecting EAW. (rather than what they really do)

This is the Win8.1 and Win10 Registry Additional Compatibility Mode/Fix Entry Location:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers

These are the Value Data you enter as a single line to give you compatibility and speed increase:

These are the Values (Note that the folder path to your game will be different):
Value Name: D:\MicroProse Software\EAW12\eaw.exe
Value Data: DWM8And16BitMitigation 8And16BitAggregateBlts 8And16BitTimedPriSync

The line above gained 5 Frames per second (from 38 to 43 on my machine): (Currently the best for perfect gaming)
1) Game Menus display correctly; remedies menu color corruption and tearing , Additional Compatibility Mode.
2) Increase speed a bit under 8/16 mitigation from #1 setting / HUD stops flashing (but removes pointer)
3) Fix mouse pointer so it shows up. (but slows down setting #2, still more FPS than without #2)

If anyone trys this entry or any others, please let me know your results. I'm still going to return to this type OS fixes testing at some point, but the above entries are ideal.
Its unclear to me if you really need the ACT tool kit to get the updated compatibility database, but I think you might.

EDIT: I spent the night research into these fixes and modes more, and have after a few hours, come up with two more possible entry's to try in different combinations.
Unfortunately I can not seem to stop Win10 from assign this one flag/entry in the Registry Value Data. It appears v1.26 and v1.60 seem to still need it as its forcefully applied.
Has something to do with the 8 bit and 16 bit color modes being used in a single exe (eaw.exe).
For Win8 and above thats the intial slow down (*I Think*), but it maybe the way win8 and above handle 2D screens (yes 2d is used in the flight screen as well).
Okay I'll test the new flags soon.

EDIT2:
You need to get the ACT v6 tool installed through the Microsoft Assessment and Deployment Kit (ADK) package Download. Its a small DL thats called an online installer.
You run it then select only the ACT toolkit (or others if you want more kits) and then it will download just the tool kits you select.

Once you have it running, disable the built in database EAW entry aand either create a new 'mini' database for EAW and test the new Fixes with that on the fly run mode.

Or you can just disable it and attempt to run EAW v1.26 without database entryes and just use registry entries.

I doubt anyone here is willing to do all this as there is a learning curve and I dont have step by step instructions.
But basicly thats what I been doing. I have v1.26 and 1.60 working with 5fps increase for me with no video problems on the menu or map screens by just using 3 entries in the registry.
Note that v1.2 will require more entries as it still has the WindowsVersion checking routine in place, meaning it will detect NT windows and not allow it to run, unless you add a 4th registry entry to 'fool' eaw into thinks is on a win95 system.

Very confusing? it should be as I seem to only understand a portion of what I'm doing. I still don't quit understand how a new 'mini' EAW database will or will not orveride Windows built in database.
If you need to pick my brain, ask away, I'll let you know what I have learned. I have inclued text in my EAW Manually Install do at the end to what I have learned, but maybe I left something out or need to explain further.

In the end I hope I or someone will provide a simple min EAW database or reg file to distribute for those who need the speed increase.

Last edited by MarkEAW; 02/24/18 02:55 AM. Reason: more info on database
#4406630 - 02/21/18 10:03 PM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

Montagnac, L'Herault, France
Tried it on my 160 GameRanger exe with the setting you suggested.
No improvement in frame rate, and when I flew with Lolo earlier tonight we had numerous problems, which may or may not have been due to the registry change.
One problem was that I kept seeing double images, which I thiught might have been due to a conn problem.
Later this evening I tried a host only session, and noticed the HUD was flickering, plus double images.
I reset the registry to its original value, tried again and the game ran perfectly.

wink Jel

Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger Site

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
#4406638 - 02/21/18 11:42 PM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
MarkEAW Offline
MarkEAW  Offline

Well thanks for testing it out. Its disheartening to find it caused you temporary problems rather than speeding up the game.
I tested EAW in Direct3D mode and no wrapper programs with Win10 OS using those 3 settings.
I clearly need more testing.

Setting the registry to Value Data: DWM8And16BitMitigation or nothing in that entry will return it to run like it did before, like you had done.

I'll try fake hosting in v1.60 to see if I can reproduce the double image as part of my tests.

EDIT:
I'm thinking my mistake was I didn't give instructions on how to disable to built in compatibility database settings provided by Windows OS.
I normally disable the EAW database entry with the ACT toolkit from Microsoft, then run the new optimized reg entry's on there own.

So in effect you where using the database PLUS the new reg settings. The reg settings are similar to what the database offers but not quite, but they interfere with each other.

I really need to find an easy way on how to disable the database entry for EAW so the reg entries are the only settings being used.
If you wanted to do it yourself the only way is by downloading and installing the Microsoft tool kit. Which is is a small download.

Last edited by MarkEAW; 02/22/18 08:02 AM. Reason: disable EAW database first
#4406878 - 02/23/18 03:57 AM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
FsFOOT Offline
FsFOOT  Offline

Mark (or MrJelly),

Do you happen to have a list or DL of .exe's 1.2 - 1.28x patched by MrJelly for bugs?

I'm referring to bug patches such as 'AI no fly below 80 ft' , torpedo code, and any number of bugs fixed since development releases.

It would be nice to have for example 1.2 - 1.28x versions that have the patches. Also intergrated no CD fixes, etc (not hex edits).

(Frankly I could do the patches myself, but not being on Windows pretty much makes me running the compiler and testing a pain.)

#4407025 - 02/23/18 06:42 PM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
MarkEAW Offline
MarkEAW  Offline

I don't. I had a short list of what was posted, but it was so incomplete.

But of course MrJelly would know better.

#4407307 - 02/25/18 12:23 PM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

I am not sure what Roy wants wink
Is it the actual versions of the eaw.exes, or the details?

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

#4407355 - 02/25/18 04:00 PM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
MarkEAW Offline
MarkEAW  Offline

I belive he's asking for just a list (description) of the exe's you back patched. Like when you find stuff wrong and it traces back to an old version.

Then he asks for the actual exes. But wouldn't they be useless without the standalone game data for those versions.

Maybe he can clear it up what he meant.

#4407693 - 02/27/18 12:48 AM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
FsFOOT Offline
FsFOOT  Offline

I though MrJelly had released a series of re-issue 1.2 ~ 1.29 ish? .exes that had some basic bug patches applied.

But nevermind that, let me get to the point of what / why;

After thinking about it,
I'd like just to have some basic best patched versions available for download for anyone.

1.2 or earlier really is irrelevant now frankly.

I like to clarify that really for backwards compatibilty with older scenarios, users should be able to replace 1.2 entirely with:

• ------------------- uses 800 x 600 menu screens -------------------
    which I believe is that last fully 1.2 backward compatible exe version

or
  • 1.28b
    (Although as noted in my EAW1.28C-b-a-Editing.html - changes were added starting with 1.28a to data files that affect compatibility with 1.2 era scenarios files - see below)
    EAW1.28C-b-a-Editing.zip - download

or most preferably
  • 1.28c

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------below uses 1024 x 768 menu screens ------------------
  • 1.28c + 1024 (@ = 1.28d )
    1024 x 768 menu screens added
  • 1.28d

and then finally
  • 1.28E - which is more or less the definative best .exe to use for EAW of the previous era
    but of course older campaigns / scenarios / add-ons have to be converted to be used with 1.28E

(just as MrJelly did make many converted campaigns for this in his 1.28E SU series files)

Arguably, unless you wish to use VonBeerhofen's FXexe / EAWPro based

or Later Code Group developments 1.28f, 1.29, 1.3, 1.4 - 1.6 etc.

a main bug with 1.28 ~ 1.28E however is:

The main thing is the 1.28E and earlier that use the extanded tileset (64 tiles)
all suffer the bugs of tile objects not available on rotated tiles
(aka @ 'rotational mask' not set or whatever)

And also the 'ai no fly below 80m' or whatever

as well as torpedoe and other loadout issues (which frankly if patched would cause problem with having to convert now all kinds of old skins, loadouts etc. if implemented in a new patch for 1.28E, I think)

and any number of possible other bugs found during 1.28f, 1.29, 1.30 ish developments

The main point being:
  • having a patched 1.2 compatible replacement .exe for 800 x 600 screens to recommend to anyone as standard

This IMHO would mean a new .exe patched that would for instance remove all the noted below changes to the standard data model - the carrier, runways.dat , extra bases , tarnames.str etc changes . so that old campaigns would be compatible.

--
  • 1.28E fully patched , and of course uses 1024 x 768 screens
    that can of course have the use for anyone wishing to use the stuff mentioned above (extra bases, runways, airfields, and a host of changes made during the 1.28 series)

Originally Posted by EAW1.28C-b-a-Editing.html

Mission Files Changes

Mission files changes were made starting in 1.28

All the changes are not documented here yet (as of 1/2010)

runways.dat
To make the use of 32 airfield runway types
is now possible to use the new airfields you need to use the newer runways.dat

and to have additonal runways displayed in game you would need to add airfld.3dz files for the runways you make

runways.dat changes:

The runwways.dat differences are mainly the addition of a 'shadow record' in the first entry of runways.dat to use for carriers, and then the addition of some 28 records at the end of the noraml default records.

to compare the 1.2 default to the new I make some pics available;

this pic shows the first record and the new header pointer which is 20h instead 0Bh meaing there are now 20h (32 in decimal) records in the file instead of 0Bh (11 decimal)

i this example the 1.28B ruways.dat on left compared to the 1.2 default on the right

runways1.gif

the second shows the end of the file, on the right the old 1.2 default end of record and left with hexeditor highlighting the last byte in the new file where the old data last byte occurs

runways2.gif

to use the new and combine with an old runways.dat you have customed you can see what you would need to add with a hex editor, use the new first record and header and then at the end tack on all the extra bytes of data
or simply paste your current data into the new in the proper area

Take note that this is only the 1.28b release runways.dat shown here, later ones, or those used by customized campaigns like SPAW, etc. may differ in the data

1.28a and on
Again not all changes recorded here yet 1/2010

in additon to the runways.dat described above..

1.28a and (by inheritence later .exes that may use the same data.cdf conating the .dats) have change to the targets.dat, tardata.dat, griddata.dat and airfield.dat files

The main change is due to the editing of Mr Jelly who added an extra base to targets.dat and airfield record to airfiled.dat as well as corresponding griddata changes, and a change of tardata.dat record locations pointed to from targets.dat

I only realized this recently so am only noting it now

The only part I document here is only the changes to targets.dat records pointers -
is found out by using my 2datscheck.exe program, which scans a targets.dat and airfield.dat file and makes a text file record output for the data from the 2 files to compare.
the comparison of the targets.dat and pointers in 1.28a (1.28b shown but the changes started in 1.28a and later) vs those of the 1.28 which had no such changes but adhered to the default 1.2 schema are shown in my pics here.

on the left in the pictures you see the 1.28b data and on right the 1.28 standard data

(My program uses a zero based offset to show here meaning the records start from 0 a 1 based offset shown in parenthesis() )
Except for the pointers to tardata.dat are different all is same until:
The first change you notice is at record #120 (121) things have changed, some records shifted around, so be aware of it
targetdiff1.28vs128c-1.gif

next you see major change at record #127 (128) a base was added with a new Acode
targetdiff1.28vs128c-2.gif

the effects of this are:
- a new base record which means the total number of bases is increased by 1 and so the targets.dat contains an extra record

- all bases afterwards are shifted in the records by increase of 1

- a new airfield.dat record and thus the airfield. dat since 1.28a has an extra record in it

- This makes it a inconvent for modders to try to use old data with the new, If you use my old tools or old documents you have to take the changes and data shift into account

- Also it means if you use a scenario / mission / campaign you cannot mix and match files
you would need targets.dat, tardata.dat, airfield.dat, griddata.dat all matching or you will get errors, ctds

- The possible effects on campaigns is unknown at this time

#4407695 - 02/27/18 12:50 AM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
FsFOOT Offline
FsFOOT  Offline

Confusing I know, but to restate:
Originally Posted by FsFOOT

The main point being:

having a patched 1.2 compatible replacement .exe for 800 x 600 screens to recommend to anyone as standard

This IMHO would mean a new .exe patched that would for instance remove all the noted below changes to the standard data model - the carrier, runways.dat , extra bases , tarnames.str etc changes . so that old campaigns would be compatible.

--
1.28E fully patched , and of course uses 1024 x 768 screens
that can of course have the use for anyone wishing to use the stuff mentioned above (extra bases, runways, airfields, and a host of changes made during the 1.28 series)

#4407696 - 02/27/18 12:52 AM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
FsFOOT Offline
FsFOOT  Offline

argh... mistake!

..having a patched 1.2 compatible replacement .exe for 800 x 600 screens to recommend to anyone as standard..

to make clearer;

that is based on 1.28 series

#4407701 - 02/27/18 01:01 AM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
FsFOOT Offline
FsFOOT  Offline

That would be primarily it.

1 more thing though:

The dirset utility is not needed and in fact interferese with the whole point of 1.28E IMHO

The point was (supposedly I presume) that 1.28E would not need OAW or any external progrm to manage EAW.

It would be relatively easy to just make the .exe load any directory without dirset, or even make dirset for anyone wishing it.

One reason is dirset is a third party tool really.
Its no go also on Linux and frankly simply confuses the entire mess of loading directories via a .str file which is frankly not even needed.

#4407702 - 02/27/18 01:04 AM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
FsFOOT Offline
FsFOOT  Offline

Anyway, I desist, at the risk of arguement. These are all IM(not so Humble)Opinion

Frankly I'm leaving EAW efforts entirely shortly, so really its just a wish list for making the future easier for anyone to continue this game.

#4407741 - 02/27/18 06:17 AM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
FsFOOT Offline
FsFOOT  Offline

I realize the posts somewhat contradictory. But you get the idea I hope of the 2 major versions thing and then of course the later MrJelly 1.28f - onward and FXexe EAWPro etc.

At any rate I desist. Since any patching would amount to wading through tons of code changes and there are few users now anyway, its probably irrelevant.

Since we never had a code repository it would be too hard to continue sensibly.

That said I'm stopping my EAW work now. Bowing out... The Linux side of my site I will still continue..

Post on my website
Originally Posted by EAWonLinux

Posted notice on the EAW page I will not be updating EAW any longer. Its been on and off over 15 years that I have casually involved in EAW ModiFlying, As I call it. Making Add-ons, posting on my various Websites and forums and even occasionally programming both tools and eaw.exe. Well all good things in time must come to an end here , and so we must part, my EAW friend and friends. You see European Air War like any real good classic game becomes like a friend to the person who relishes its' particular nature and nuances.

For me EAW fulfilled many a purpose. I basically learned much of my computing knowledge alongside supporting this game under Windows OS under old hardware and ModiFlying it. Also I even dwelved into hexediting, programming, learning about VM's and Linux and so many other avenues.

There is a lot to be said about a hobby or interest and especially games that force one to learn new skills. And a lot more to be said about the lessons one learns along the way. Along our way in this case was the development of the internet and technology in general. There is also much to be thankful for friends or really comrades one gathers alongside in such pursuits.

Other than that one might wish sometimes for monetization in some cases for one's hobby. In the case of EAW that was of course much lacking. Frankly I did half of my EAW work when I was at my poorest. Including recently! Although I did once land a rather nice job in a game company partly due to my reference to my EAW work and skills learned.

EAW itself never had a chance of going very far in modern programming situation. Since the first gists of EAW development started in archaic technology times, just after Dos in circa win3.1 ~ Win95 days. It barely made it up to DirectX 6 programming levels by its release. Many years and 2 programming teams after it began. It was released as 1.0 then 1.1 patch and finally 1.2 - then only some several years and companies after it would have been seen as cutting edge.

Even had it been earlier, it was never cutting edge. On the somewhat fringe edge of the cyber universe we of the EAW Code Group looked into the source code of the game and its mysterious insides. Comprised of some @ 254 relevant code pages the code is vast and has thousands upon thousands of lines of code and functions. Once we could understand some of it we could start to see how often it was in places somewhat awkwardly patched together by TK, and a few others in the final programming team.Later of course the Code Group and thanks to some of the old programmers and a few new ones patches were made and then game developed under the non-commercial agreement with Atari - Infogrames.

At any rate, EAW did make an impact and basically helped kick off the entire short days of the WWII flight sim craze mini-revival era which basically ended with IL2 and such later titles..

All for now! - Roy

-S!

#4407875 - 02/27/18 08:38 PM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
MarkEAW Offline
MarkEAW  Offline

FsFOOT, Mr Jelly has in the past reissued 1.28-1.29 games (exe and game data).
The notes I made for myself are based on him posting about back patches or fixes to the game data.
When someone seems to request an older version he posts those
At least thats what I remember from then (a year or more ago) and my notes.
I dont have the specifics on the reissued exes.

As far as you wanting those updated 1.28-1.29. Mr jelly has them.
I do know he fixed a few things and added GLIDE 3.0 support to the older exes.
MrJelly has all the old versions nicely packaged in 7z install files, I do to, at least several, not all, are those what you want?

Beyond that I'm not sure what you need. I want to help. and I believe MrJelly does too.

#4408235 - 03/01/18 07:01 AM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
FsFOOT Offline
FsFOOT  Offline

rgr Its np.
I actually don't need anything now. I'm just giving up my EAW work and its too time consuming.

As far as playing, right now I have no joystick. I am poor so I need another job.

Also redoing my laptop and not wanting to put extra EAW stuff on it.

I'm sure I'll play EAW a bit soon.
And I may even get compiling again at some point, depending on my new job and extra time. Then maybe make a custom exe.

All for now!

#4408239 - 03/01/18 07:48 AM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
MarkEAW Offline
MarkEAW  Offline

Well I sent you e-mail and some links for downloads if you want them.

I uploaded them yesterday for you.

#4408256 - 03/01/18 09:59 AM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
MarkEAW Offline
MarkEAW  Offline

Okay More Windows Registry and EAW documentation updates on my Manually Install document. I moved and will be moving the rest of the registry stuff to the end of the doc.

Basically a 64 bit system virtually assigns a whole bunch of reg entries for the 32 bit EAW game. If your system is already 32 bit and you have Virtual Reg Entries they are ignored. Why are they there then??
I really don't know why Windows is doing all this, although I do have a few researching notes on the doc explaining some of the unnecessary reg entries, some seem to clog up EAW from running ever again on a system. Removing some of the entries will make EAW run again for those who can't run the game and have tried everything else to get it to run, theres the problem. However, specifically I'm not sure which reg entry cause the problem.

DirectPlay seems to set a bunch of compatibility entry's for it to work on modern windows. (WinVista to Win10).

Anyhow, I may continue with my exploeration of EAW and Registry entries along with ACT tool kit. But right now I'm just documenting what I found out even with some uncertainty.

Am I making sense?
if not perhaps read my WINDOWS REGISTRY section of my install doc and see if that makes any sense. Remember that that section of the doc is largely a draft.

#4410136 - 03/12/18 12:15 AM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
MarkEAW Offline
MarkEAW  Offline

I'm currently working on a Quick Start, Single and Career Missions Help Document. (along with other site docs that need touching up).

But I'm focused on this one doc. I need as much info about these files and the mission settings as possible.

Any suggestions as what I should include in the doc? A topic or subject? perhaps I can research it...Thanks in advanced.

#4410224 - 03/12/18 03:15 PM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
VonBeerhofen Offline
3DZ Master/Campaign Designer
VonBeerhofen  Offline
Hotshot

Zandvoort, N-H, Netherlands
As for Quick Start things are very easy, it always uses the settings from the last flown Single Mission data and keeps them untill changes are made in Single Mission mode. After selecting this option you will immediately be thrown into the fight, ready or not.

In single Mission mode the player first selects a side and aircraft shown on the board which will take him to the Mission Parameter screen. Here he can change all the shown parameters and select Loadout for the mission. After hitting FLY the game will start. It should be noted that in the Mission Parameter screen there are LOAD and SAVE options for the Mission Data. The LOAD option allows loading of ANY mission saved and can change Mission Parameters for ANY plane on the fly.

In Carreer mode, the player first selects a year and side for the Carreer he's going to play. After hitting START CARREER he'll be taken to the Carreer Parameter screen where he can select his planetype and crew. Planetype is self evident but the available pilots have different skill levels which will impact the flown missions. Their skill/morale will improve or diminish based on the outcome for each mission. Alterations can be made during the Carreer but planetypes will be assigned depending on availabillity and/or relocation to various airbases.

Flying a successfull Carreer stands and falls with the losses encountered in the missions, as limited aircraft availabillity will gradually wear your squad strength down untill all pilots are dead and no replacements are available, which is end of game. As for Loadout, the game depends on preprogrammed data for stockpiles and replenishment dates, so the player must carefully determine their use.

That's it from memory in a nutshell. The exact procedures may slightly differ from what I've written here since it's been a long time ago I played them and the brain isn't getting any younger. I hope it's usefull to you. You know how to contact me if you have specific questions.

VonBeerhofen

Last edited by VonBeerhofen; 03/12/18 03:24 PM.
#4410250 - 03/12/18 06:21 PM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

This is a list of the things stored in the "MSN" files which VBH refers to with reard to lading and saving on the single mission parameters screen.

ULONG CRC;
ULONG VerNum;
ULONG Status;
char Description[_MAX_PATH];
// char Description[100];
// things to be modified by single mission parameter pages

long YearNum; // * Time Period: 1940 = 0, 1943 = 1, 1944 = 2, 1945 = 3
long TimeNum; // * Time of Day: Random = 0, Dawn = 1, Day = 2, Dusk = 3, Night = 4
long Weather; // * Weahter: Random = 0, Clear = 1, PartlyCloudy = 2, HeavyCloud = 3, Overcast = 4

// Primary Mission
long MissionType; // Mission: Mission Type
long TargetAreaOffset; // Target: Target location offset in worlddata.

long AircraftNo; // * Number of Aircraft: Random = 0, 1 - 12
long AltitudeBand; // * Cruise Altitude: Random = 0, Low = 1, Medium = 2, High = 3
long AttackHomeBase; // Home Base: Home Base area location offset in worlddata

// Friendly Support Activity
long SecondaryType; // * Secondary Aircraft: None = -2, Random = -1, AircraftType 0 - (MAX_PLANE_TYPES-1)
long SecondarySize; // * Formation Size: Random = 0, Small = 1, Medium = 2, Large = 3
long PilotSkill; // * Pilot Skill Level: Random = 0, Green = 1, Seasoned = 2, Expert = 3

// Expected Enemy Activity
long EnemyActivity; // * Air Activity Level: Random = 0, Light = 1, Moderate = 2, Heavy = 3
long EnemyMainType; // * Primary Aircraft: None = -2, Random = -1, AircraftType 0 - (MAX_PLANE_TYPES-1)
long EnemySecType; // * Secondary Aircraft: None = -2, Random = -1, AircraftType 0 - (MAX_PLANE_TYPES-1)
long EnemySkill; // * Pilot Skill Level: Random = 0, Green = 1, Seasoned = 2, Expert = 3
long EnemyAAA; // * AAA Activity Level: Random = 0, Light = 1, Moderate = 2, Heavy = 3

// things to be set elsewhere...

long MissionWeather; // weather flag
ULONG MissionDate; // Game Date/Time

long TargetOffset; // actual target offset in world database.

long AttackNumMain; // 2-16
long AttackNumSec; // 2-16
long AttackTypeMain; // Main defending plane type.
long AttackTypeSec; // Secondary defending plane type, None = -2, Random = -1
long AttackPilotSkill; // Attacking pilot skill level 0, 1, 2
long AttackMainAlt; // altitude in FEET
long AttackSecAlt; // altitude in FEET

long IntType; // 0, 1, 2, 3, 4
long IntSize; // Main defneding plane type
long DefTypeSec; // Secondary defending plane type,
long DefPilotSkill; // Attacking pilot skill level 0, 1, 2
long DefMainAlt; // altitude in FEET
long DefSecAlt; // altitude in FEET

A number of things cannot be set from single mission parameters, but I have been able to set some in the MSN file editor. It creates custom MSN files for a special version of 160.
This version has no selection screens because all of the selections have been made by the editor.

[Linked Image]

wink

Last edited by MrJelly; 03/12/18 06:28 PM.

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

#4410256 - 03/12/18 07:24 PM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
MarkEAW Offline
MarkEAW  Offline

Thank you both. That information is what i needed to fill in the help doc.

From what I have for research info, is the MSNXX.DAT files are used to generate Quick Start missions and is used for Random selection from single player parameter screen, when random is set of course.
Would that be correct?

#4410268 - 03/12/18 08:07 PM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
VonBeerhofen Offline
VonBeerhofen  Offline
Hotshot

Mark,

certain selections in the single mission parameterscreen can have the value 'random' and when set it's also entered into the relevant .MSN file and therefore also used in quick mission. If you set weather or time of day as random then these will also be randomly selected in Quick Mission but the rest of the mission remains the same for each subsequent Quick Mission game, untill the single mission parameter screen is changed again.

VonBeerhofen

#4410271 - 03/12/18 08:33 PM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
MarkEAW Offline
MarkEAW  Offline

okay VBH. I understand that.

It could be my lack of understanding my research notes that I'm having a hard time trying to explain my questions.

Maybe its spelled MISNXX.DAT file that has the randomness in it / probability. I think these files are saved in DATA.CDF and are made for almost every year. So when you set in single player screen RANDOM for enemy plane, maybe it uses one of those file to determine which plane to use, based on the year of the single mission..

Also how would I re create the default QUICK START Mission in v1.2? Say I had fond memory's of it, how would I get it back?

Thanks...I go read some more stuff now.....

#4410274 - 03/12/18 08:44 PM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

If I recall correctly MSNxy.dat files contain probabilities of certain AI planes appearing. They caused a problem in multiplayer work because they often generated different AIs on different players' PCs. I recall Knegel shooting down an AI P38H on my PC when he had actually downed an AI P47C on his. However, we cashed in on that with the system we put into OAWunified. The files were edited by the OAW selector and gave certain aircraft a 100% chance of appearing which guaranteed that all players saw the same AIs.

[Linked Image]

It became redundant in 1.28 when we were able to set the friendly and enemy primary and secondary aircraft and bases wink

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

#4410275 - 03/12/18 08:52 PM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
MarkEAW Offline
MarkEAW  Offline

Hmm, I remember reading something about that, different planes on different machines. I don't think random is normally selectable for multiplayer, maybe it is a parameter in the host settings?? ill have to check again.

BTW I'm not trying to create a very technical help doc, just a fairly adequate doc, enough to give someone a head start pointed in the right direction. Also for beginners to know how things are working.

#4410278 - 03/12/18 09:12 PM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

In 1.2 multiplayer the host sets the mission and each player selects a plane. It is impossible to set the AI planes

[Linked Image]

The MISNxy.dat files on each player's PC select the AI planes so If the mission is an intercept of allied planes one axis pilot might see B17s escorted by P47Cs and another might see B24s escorted by P38Hs wink

By way of comparison this is the 160 MP screen:
[Linked Image]
The AIs are set by the host and the MISNxy.dat files are redundant.

I did a "host only" launch and this is a screenie
[Linked Image]

Last edited by MrJelly; 03/13/18 10:58 AM. Reason: Pictures added

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

#4410287 - 03/12/18 09:58 PM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
VonBeerhofen Offline
VonBeerhofen  Offline
Hotshot

Mark,

If you erase the *******.MSN files in the savedata folder the game will reasign new default mission parameters from scratch, that is if the game is not modded. The routines in the EXE apply to the original v1.2 game only and the original targetset. For modded games it should actually take new frontlines and changed targets into account but it doesn't as it uses fixed presets when no ******.MSN files are found. This is why most campaign addons caused so many problems, they didn't come with their own modded set.

Sometimes a .MSN file might accidentally contain data which would work with certain planes, i.e. the entries were correct and the game could set an appropiate mission with it. However most of the time the old Savedata folder contained mission data from another game scenario with data that couldn't be used in the new campaign. Read here that the original campaign would also be another game and most .MSN files wouldn't fit the new campaign. Therefore these addons crashed immediately or when a certain plane was selected. However when the .MSN accidentally worked it would keep working for that plane untill another addon would replace it requiring new .MSN data. This find was heavily disputed by certain members as being untruthfull, but I'm still behind it.

I've created a few savedata folders to fix some campaigns but I don't think people were very interested in them after what happened inhere. A new routine in the FXEXE allows recalculating apropiate .MSN files through LOAD in the Mission Parameter screen, taking the new campaign into account but sometimes, probably when none of the .MSN files can be matched, the game will crash immediately after launching EAW, in which case a .MSN file should be created manually, by setting all the right parameters to fit the new environment.

As for the Mission**.dat files per year, they contain the probabillity or chance of certain planetypes appearing in certain mission types. As described by Mr. Jelly all players would need the same or weird things could happen. There's a lot more to what these files do and how they operate but it would be too extensive to write it all down and explain.

VonBeerhofen

Last edited by VonBeerhofen; 03/12/18 10:15 PM.
#4410295 - 03/12/18 10:56 PM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
FsFOOT Offline
FsFOOT  Offline

Originally Posted by VonBeerhofen
If you erase the *******.MSN files in the savedata folder the game will reasign new default mission parameters from scratch

That's actually the best way to troubleshoot in less you wish to go in depth.

#4410297 - 03/12/18 11:11 PM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
FsFOOT Offline
FsFOOT  Offline

MrJelly has the post showing the file structure
Originally Posted by MrJelly

This is a list of the things stored in the "MSN" files which VBH refers to with reard to lading and saving on the single mission parameters screen.

...(etc.)

additionally: from Charles Gunst's EAW Notes

MISSION FILES (MISNxx.DAT)
There are Mission files: MISN40.DAT MISN43.DAT MISN44.DAT MISN45.DAT
Presumably these affect the aircraft available in missions in the various years.
Each file is 60 d bytes long, divided into 3 equal chunks of 20 d bytes.

MISN40.DAT
0400 0000 [090a 1013 0000 0000] ff80 ff40 0000 0000
04=4 flyable aircraft.

Types=Hurri(09),Spit 1(0a), 109E(10), 110C(13)
ff etc= probability (?) of appearance
0500 0000 [091c 1319 1b00 0000] ffff 2080 4000 0000
05= 5 aircraft
Types=Hurri, He111, 110C, Ju88A, Ju87
ff etc=probability as bomber(?)

0200 0000 [1c19 0000 0000 0000] ff80 0000 0000 0000
02=2 aircraft
Types=He111, Ju88A
ff=probability as bomber (?)

MISN43.DAT
0800 0000 [0200 obod 1116 141a] c440 ff40 ffc4 4020
08=8 flyable aircraft.
Types = P47C, P38H, Spit9, Typh, 109G,
190A, Ju88C

0800 0000 [0206 080d 0f16 141a] ff80 ff40 ff80 8040
08= 8 aircraft
Types= P47C, B17, B26, Typh, Mosq,
190A, 110G, Ju88C
0600 0000 [0607 080f 1a15 0000] ff20 8080 ff40 0000
06=6 aircraft
Types= B17, B24, B26, Mosq, Ju88C, Me410

MISN44.DAT
0800 0000 [0204 o10b 0d16 1115] ff80 40ff 80ff ff20
08=8 flyable aircraft.
Types = P47C, P51B, P38J, Spit9, Typh
190A, 109G, Me410
0800 0000 [0204 0608 0d0f 1615] ff80 80ff ff80 ff40
08= 8 aircraft
Types= P47C, P51B, B17, B26, Typh,
Mosq, 190A, Me410

0600 0000 [0607 080f 1a15 0000] ff80 8080 ff40 0000
06=6 aircraft
Types= B17, B24, B26, Mosq, Ju88C, Me410

MISN45.DAT
0800 0000 [0503 0c0d 0e17 1218] ffff ff80 80ff ff20
0800 0000 [0305 0608 0d0f 1615] ff80 80ff ff80 ff40
0600 0000 [0607 080f 1a15 0000] ffff 8080 ff40 0000
08=8 flyable aircraft.
Types = P51D, P47D, Spit14, Typh
Temp, 190D, 109K, Me262
08= 8 aircraft
Types= P47D, P51D, B17, B26, Typh,
Mosq, 190A, Me410
06=6 aircraft
Types= B17, B24, B26, Mosq, Ju88C,
Me410 ff=probability as bomber (?)

Last edited by FsFOOT; 03/12/18 11:13 PM.
#4410299 - 03/12/18 11:18 PM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
FsFOOT Offline
FsFOOT  Offline

I don't think MISNxx.DAT are used in campaigns

#4410306 - 03/12/18 11:57 PM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
FsFOOT Offline
FsFOOT  Offline

Mates; If you setup and look at the DoxygenDocs-EAW-V1304x

You will be able to explore the workings inside EAW with both hyperlinked code and graphics.

Last edited by FsFOOT; 03/13/18 12:26 AM. Reason: .. check your pm
#4410541 - 03/14/18 03:46 PM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

Just to clarify smile
Some of this discussion has been about "*.msn" files such as "Default11.msn" which the 1.2 exe saves in "savedata" when a single mission is flown, and the 160 special version where the exe reads the "MyFile.msn" file to get the mission data.
However, other parts of the discussion are about the "MISN40.dat", "MISN43.dat", "MISN44.dat" and "MISN45.dat" files which are used to generate AI planes based on progabilities.
The two file types are completely different and should not be confused wink

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

#4410571 - 03/14/18 06:55 PM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
MarkEAW Offline
MarkEAW  Offline

Thansk for the added images to your one post and the clarification. I had them clear but good to put it out there non the less.

I'll try to have two docs on this , one for 1.2 and others based on it, plus the code groups version as well. I expect these docs to expand and get rewrites alot once I post them, due to the lack of my understanding and lack of info on the subject.

#4410611 - 03/15/18 03:58 AM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
FsFOOT Offline
FsFOOT  Offline

Just to clarify smile
Some of this discussion has been about "*.msn" files such as "Default11.msn" which the 1.2 exe saves in "savedata" when a single mission is flown, and the 160 special version where the exe reads the "MyFile.msn" file to get the mission data.
However, other parts of the discussion are about the "MISN40.dat", "MISN43.dat", "MISN44.dat" and "MISN45.dat" files which are used to generate AI planes based on progabilities.
The two file types are completely different and should not be confused wink

Whoops.. Yes. of course. My bad.

#4410619 - 03/15/18 04:26 AM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
FsFOOT Offline
FsFOOT  Offline

Originally Posted by MarkEAW
Thansk for the added images to your one post and the clarification. I had them clear but good to put it out there non the less.

I'll try to have two docs on this , one for 1.2 and others based on it, plus the code groups version as well. I expect these docs to expand and get rewrites alot once I post them, due to the lack of my understanding and lack of info on the subject.

Yes 1.2 separation is a good idea.

Frankly, though understanding the missions data files technical details is not something you could easily go into. i would recommend just supply links to readmes, etc..
Because frankly, to do so with all its intricacies enough to make support docs for others - you would have to learn how to make missions and/or campaigns, and use a hex editor to look at why varous versions of mission files do not mix and match.
Or you can look in the files I provided which can take years to study also.

I like your project the EAWHS but fear you may get a bit too ambitous and will get burned out. EAW is not something I would recommend anymore for people to try to learn to edit, make missions really.
Campaigns are much harder and something I now wish I had spent time on. But the day is past. Nor anymore do we need Skins much or 3dz or really much of anything that we don't already have.
I would hate to see people actually waste to much time like I did on learning EAW stuff, other than the basics like how to set EAW up and fly. Try some add-ons that are ready in a complete package,

Like the 1.28e FullVersion i offer, or other offerings similar that MrJelly or your site has. Or Moggy's, vonOben's, etc.

For old EAW buffs they will already know more or less what to do to find stuff.

Vintage 1.2 types can play with OAWunified, which has hundreds of planes and skins and FM/DM. Some terrains, etc.
or they can try Roel's FX varieties.
But don't mix and match.

New people can try MrJelly's 160 offerings which are sensible.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents for now.

Disclaimer;
If I left anyone out. Or wrote something awkwardly.. Don't be too offended!

p.s As for me. As I said I'm not doing EAW stuff anymore .. (at least publicly)
I looked at the docs I sent you and understand so much now that I find about a dozen edits I'd like to make to the .exe that I could now do..
Thinking of making alternate patch versions .exes and compatible collections at some point when I have more time..

Last edited by FsFOOT; 03/15/18 04:37 AM.
#4410639 - 03/15/18 08:14 AM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

Mark
These days I cannot see that people need to know about "*.msn" or "MISN4x.dat" files unless they only ever use 1.2 with no mods.
These files became a PITA when different theatres arrived on the EAW scene. "*.msn" files were stored in "savedata" and were often contained values which made no sense in a different theatre.
The "MISN4x.dat" files had already caused problems with multiplayer .

Originally the "*.msn" files were impossible to modify because of the "CRC" checksum until I wrote an editor that re-calculated it.

This is the 1.2 list:

ULONG CRC;
ULONG VerNum;
ULONG Status;
char Description[_MAX_PATH];

// things to be modified by single mission parameter pages

long YearNum; // * Time Period: 1940 = 0, 1943 = 1, 1944 = 2, 1945 = 3
long TimeNum; // * Time of Day: Random = 0, Dawn = 1, Day = 2, Dusk = 3, Night = 4
long Weather; // * Weahter: Random = 0, Clear = 1, PartlyCloudy = 2, HeavyCloud = 3, Overcast = 4

// Primary Mission
long MissionType; // Mission: Mission Type
long TargetAreaOffset; // Target: Target location offset in worlddata.

long AircraftNo; // * Number of Aircraft: Random = 0, 1 - 12
long AltitudeBand; // * Cruise Altitude: Random = 0, Low = 1, Medium = 2, High = 3
long AttackHomeBase; // Home Base: Home Base area location offset in worlddata

// Friendly Support Activity
long SecondaryType; // * Secondary Aircraft: None = -2, Random = -1, AircraftType 0 - (MAX_PLANE_TYPES-1)
long SecondarySize; // * Formation Size: Random = 0, Small = 1, Medium = 2, Large = 3
long PilotSkill; // * Pilot Skill Level: Random = 0, Green = 1, Seasoned = 2, Expert = 3

// Expected Enemy Activity
long EnemyActivity; // * Air Activity Level: Random = 0, Light = 1, Moderate = 2, Heavy = 3
long EnemyMainType; // * Primary Aircraft: None = -2, Random = -1, AircraftType 0 - (MAX_PLANE_TYPES-1)
long EnemySecType; // * Secondary Aircraft: None = -2, Random = -1, AircraftType 0 - (MAX_PLANE_TYPES-1)
long EnemySkill; // * Pilot Skill Level: Random = 0, Green = 1, Seasoned = 2, Expert = 3
long EnemyAAA; // * AAA Activity Level: Random = 0, Light = 1, Moderate = 2, Heavy = 3

// things to be set elsewhere...

long MissionWeather; // weather flag
ULONG MissionDate; // Game Date/Time

long TargetOffset; // actual target offset in world database.

long AttackNumMain; // 2-16
long AttackNumSec; // 2-16
long AttackTypeMain; // Main defending plane type.
long AttackTypeSec; // Secondary defending plane type, None = -2, Random = -1
long AttackPilotSkill; // Attacking pilot skill level 0, 1, 2
long AttackMainAlt; // altitude in FEET
long AttackSecAlt; // altitude in FEET

long DefActivity; // 0, 1, 2
long DefTypeMain; // Main defending plane type
long DefTypeSec; // Secondary defending plane type,
long DefPilotSkill; // Attacking pilot skill level 0, 1, 2
long DefMainAlt; // altitude in FEET
long DefSecAlt; // altitude in FEET

A number of the values in the "// things to be set elsewhere... " section were never referenced in routines in the source code. In the 1.28 development I changed two of them to become the interdiction type and the interdiciton size. I also disabled the CRC check to make editing easier.
Later I made the 150 and 160 special exes use the four altitude values, but these only come into play if a "*.msn" file is loaded with the 160 mission editor program. They can add a bit of fun by setting up a "bounce" situation with the friendly altitude much higher than the enemy, or vice versa.

If I do anymore work on the exe it may well be to replace more of the unused values with useful things smile

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

#4410642 - 03/15/18 09:49 AM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
VonBeerhofen Offline
VonBeerhofen  Offline
Hotshot

Is that why you've setup a thread about .MSN files and the changes you have made to make it work, Mr. Jelly? The way I see it is that users need not know about these files for clean 1.2 since they always work fine, as long as you don't try to mess around with em. The problems started when OAW programmers didn't understand the need for savedata folder managment because no addon theatre ever incorporated these files. The only one which had them was and still is Pacific Tide III and ofcourse they're also present in EAWPRO since it contains a new campaign too.

I still hear you say 'the .MSN files are NOT in use online' because you mistakenly believed that since they weren't changed after an onmline mission they weren't used. The automated selection of bases online and offline depend on their correctness, which I tried telling you some time ago. Like everything in the game users need to have the same files and this is also true for the .MSN files. It makes no difference if they become altered during offline games as long as the basic parameters fit the theatre and frontlines. That's how it works in clean 1.2 too.

The MSN**.DAT files caused problems as some OAW versions messed around with em, which led to different players using different files, besides that your editor failed to recognise that some values in the .MSN files needed changes in what was then called UNKNOWN parameters or parmeters which weren't shown in the editor and therefore couldn't be changed when certain alterations to the game were made. Even when certain changes were made to the EXE, these parameters needed to be changed, as I found out later on, because otherwise the game would crash. I honoustly don't know what the routine is doing and why, all I know is that it's doing it better then the .MSN editor, which is why in EAWPRO it's called when a .MSN LOAD is performed.

Users/Modders who don't understand how things work shouldn't mess around with these files, with or without editors or scriptfiles because it will only mess up their game. That's why The EAW Launchpad never experienced the same problems as 352nd, and it's not because we're not changing the addon regularly but because the changes come with the appropiate parameters in the .MSN files and if necessary MSN**.DAT because I let the EXE do the work of calculating a new .MSN file because the program knows best how to do that.

I'd like to point out that many UNKNOWN/UNUSED values from the past are not meant to be manipulated by users because they're used by the EXE to temporary store parameters as the game progresses, they're reserved and only used in memory. Initially I made the same mistake as Knegel to think that I could use these ''empty'' fields for my own ideas but soon learned that it only caused problems. Still, without such mistakes there wouldn't be progress, right? We've all made them and I admit that even today I occasionally make them because of not fully understanding all of the code, just like you and everyone else who've started out with zero knowledge on C++.

Problems aren't always immediately visible after modding the EXE, sometimes I only recognised there was a problem months later and had to backtrack everything I'd done since then to set it right, just like you've been doing with some of the Codegroup's entries from the past, I was only fortunate enough to understand assembly language as well having experience with Macro assemblers since my days with the ZX Spectrum and C64/128. With two languages it's much easier to understand what the game is doing and you learn new things from both languages. I'll probably never fully understand all the routines, especially not the ones which manipulate the various hardware. There's just too many differences in video and audio cards and what have you, which is why EAW actually is capable of running 6 or more different loops to handle the various videocards from the early days and why there are so many different terrain tile formats.

I just don't have enough different computers to test em all out so I focus on D3D because that's what all my computers use. Therefore some graphics issues came to light thanks to Russ Watson who used the windower, and a later donated XP computer which also wasn't doing graphics the way I programmed them, inspite having a D3D card. It tought me that within the D3D family there were a lot of differences which the game could or could not handle. From it I learned that there is no guarantee that my changes will always work and I'm truely sorry for those who had the misfortune to not have the right hardware to run EAWPRO because I haven't been able to test the program with such hardware due to limited funds. In my defense I can only say that I've seen it work on ALL operating systems with and without the 3D Windower porgrams but the possibillity remains that some hardware will not properly work, which is inevitable due to ever changing progress and the size and complexity of the EAW code.

I hope people realise this isn't meant as an attack on another gameversion but merely sets a few facts straight, which is that we all have made mistakes, that's it's near impossible to comprehend the code fully, irrespective of programming background. I'm amazed there are two working game versions that people can have fun with, and if you don't like EAWPRO then that's fine with me, I've only created it for my own benefit to learn more about programming and that in itself has been great fun for me, inspite of everything else..

BTW, now you may understand why you're not allowed to mess with my game, you can't make it better then I can and there's a huge chance that you'll mess it up, so enjoy it as it comes and maybe later some more will come of it. If you believe you do have the knowledge you can do what you like with it, I don't care if you mess it up but it's not my problem.

VonBeerhofen

#4410884 - 03/16/18 05:48 AM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
FsFOOT Offline
FsFOOT  Offline

Just when everything seemed so peachy..

No again, I concur the .msn files can cause mixups.

So can the MISNx.dat files

Mark
These days I cannot see that people need to know about "*.msn" or "MISN4x.dat" files unless they only ever use 1.2 with no mods.
These files became a PITA when different theatres arrived on the EAW scene. "*.msn" files were stored in "savedata" and were often contained values which made no sense in a different theatre.
The "MISN4x.dat" files had already caused problems with multiplayer .

Originally the "*.msn" files were impossible to modify because of the "CRC" checksum until I wrote an editor that re-calculated it.

The answer is to just use the EAW program to create them via single missions.

Or if you use MrJelly's stuff don't mix and match, just use his program versions and instructions.

------------
On a related note especially to the 1.28x ~ 1.28e / f to 1.3 series;

The main reason people may have a crash or failure to launch in quickmission would be they have not used aircraft selection screen or single mission to set the aircraft type.
Then they add some campaign / mission files from a scenario. And their eaw.ini may have for example p-51 or whatever set as the default plane.
They try a quickmission and ... crash ctd or hang.
Because the last mission or scenario mission they have files for is not for the aircraft type (or nation) in the eaw.ini.

Then again they may have pre-exisiting .msn files in their savedata folder (or folders in some cases).
In some cases the .msn files left over in some versions of downloads were left over from the add-ons / developers / own savedata folder.

For .msn files, you don't need any pre-existing ones.
Selecting each aircraft and single mission and you can create a default .msn for every aircraft type.
Once you have those you should not have a ctd.
-----------

Quickstart or aka 'Instant Mission' parameters have been described in the 1.28x series release documents:

These missions are always a bit unique since the game uses a random generator to generate some parts of the mission.

Note : mission scenario files -- example "Lake Mission" or 'FAW' -- in your EAW folder will be used as the base for the data generating.
(otherwise the default EAW .cdfs data files will be used - the data is not 'created out of thin air' except for a few routines.)

In the case of the random it will take some of the existing data and some the rest is random.
That was at one time one reason you may actually have wanted a pre-existing .msn file. But it was never the recommend.
I never shipped any missions with .msn files and since I don't make campaigns I never had a need to edit MISNx.xdat files and none ever included in my offerings.
SQxx.dat files for OAWunified were provided by OAW team. I never thought they wer needed. AFAIK they never caused any issues either way. btw.

Quickstart or Quick version whatever you choose call it - creates a hybrid mission

The general quirks I found are that:

- enemy fighters and bmbers can start from anywhere regardless of frontline.
- more often than usual EAW 1.2 era - enemy fighters get lost and not sure where their base is to return to.
- allied friendly ai don't stick around long
- bmbers and even enemy fighters sometimes fail to show up for a fight - in fact there sometimes can be no enemies. This is usually when I am using my own scenario files though. Chances are the base is either out of random range or maybe unavailable for that year / base.

if you notice below option 2
QuickVersion=2
will use last selected mission type.

Now if your aircraft in the eaw.ini isn't available or you have .msn file in savedata that is not for that, if the aircraft you set to fly in the eaw.ini isn't availabe in that year or other similar coding reasons, you will get a ctd or hang or error.

Originally Posted by knegel

QuickVersion=0
QuickVersion=0 default Quickstart (random mission type)

possible other values are

1 very small battle size + random mission type.

2 very small battle size + last selected mission type (single mission setup)

3 very small battle size + Figthersweep

4 very small battle size + Escort

With QuickVersion set greater than 0, Bombers only will get interdicts

disclaimer;. not exactly The Grail. with possibly some inaccuracies but maybe wil help TS on your help pages..

Last edited by FsFOOT; 03/16/18 05:51 AM. Reason: grammar
#4410891 - 03/16/18 08:57 AM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

Many years ago in the 7217 days I came up with the "JIM" system and software, with an external program which allowed the user to create a file with the mission settings, and a hacked EAW exe that read the file and immediately launched an instant mission using them.
It had a hack that made it only CTD if the system could not handle 16 bit selection screens.
Previously the7217 CTD occurred if the system could not handle 8 bit screens, and became a massive problem for players who updated their video cards.
This hack applied to the normal 1.2 exe would result in no 7217 CTD, but garbled selection screens which were impossible to use, however, the "JIM" system did not use EAW screens.

This system allowed users who were getting the 7217 CTD to still play EAW, albeit only in instant mission mode.

I re-visited this two or three years ago, but this time with the source code. The upshot was that I could get the exe to read a "MyFile.msn" file and without loading any screens do the sequence that happens when a 1.2 user

1: Starts the game
2: Selects single mission
3: Selects an aircraft which brings up the hangar screen
4: Selects "Mission Parameters"
5: Clicks "Load"
6: Clicks on one of the "msn" files listed.
7: Clicks "Load"
8: Exits "Mission Parameters" back to the hangar screen
9: Clicks "Fly"

A few weeks ago I went back to work on this, and updated the community here in posts about my progress in the "MSN files" thread.
My first post was on February 25th. and I do not know why VBH seemed to question my motives frown
The upshot has been the public release of the 160 special, and posts I made in this thread re- questions about "*.msn" files and "MISN4x.dat" files.

With the160 special is that the user sees no EAW screens until the loading screen with either the fuel gague in 1024x768, or the target map in other resolutions.
It is ideal for players who still have corrupted selection screens, and we are using it very successfully at GameRanger wink

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

#4410902 - 03/16/18 11:01 AM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MrJelly]  
VonBeerhofen Offline
VonBeerhofen  Offline
Hotshot

I don't have any problem with what you do Mr. Jelly, the problems started when OAW wouldn't work properly in my online games because of the .MSN file problems you just recently described, after I described them already in 2005. It's clear to me that you haven't fixed the real problem since then or understand the cause of it. At least you're giving the .MSN files some more thought as I suggested ever since and some time ago, which I think is what you should do. It might help me personally if you'd admit that I tried to convey these problems to you and show you how to fix it back in 2005, when it wasn't particularly accepted as honoust feedback. I'd like to see you touch the root cause of the .MSN problem and give the game back what it lost, working campaigns, flawless theatres with all the necessary fixes and a fool proof user interface which doesn't allow people to make wrong selections which corrupt these files from there on. I don't think you're quite there yet, as your post above seems to suggest, but I'm looking forward to that day smile.Good luck and keep up the good work!

BTW, let me know how you fare when you start changing theatres and frontlines, I mean the ones which really move targets around and significantly change the frontlines, Like PTIII or FAW and PAW. It'll be interesting to see how they will benefit from all this.

Roy, you shouldn't believe that whatever anyone says is right. What Ralph describes as ''Quircks'' can only happen when something in the files isn't right! I've never seen bombers take off from enemy airfields ever since I started playing this game in 2000, unless I made it happen myself. Perhaps these ''Quircks'' relate only to his 1.28 version but I still feel things like that shouldn't happen since it doesn't happen in v1.2 either. I also think that the described CTD relates more to an erronous .MSN file then an INI error, it probably may even relate to a programming error by you or Ralph in the code as I described some time ago in the Zeus forum. A small error with big consequences which can exactly perform the way Ralph describes it, especially when no .MSN file is found. No offence meant.

VonBeerhofen

#4410973 - 03/16/18 03:06 PM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

Once again you took a shot at OAW. I do really care as long as the community is aware of the reality.

This is the opening page of the OAW selector released with OAWUnified and used online by several pilots via Chatzy

[Linked Image]

It hs a "Del MSN" button to delete the rogue "*.msn" files and fix that problem.

It has a list so that the host can set AI planes and make "MISN4x.dat" files, and it used the magic number system.
When the host had set it up the magic number could be copied into chat so that the other players could copy it into their OAW, and in doing so get the exact set-up as the host.
There were never any problems if this procedure was followed, until someone at chatzy with limited OAW knowledge advised other people to change some file or folder names.
This completely stuffed up the system by ruining their OAWUnified installation.

That was when your OAW troubles started, and when several of us left Chatzy in disgust.
Roy and Ralf will confirm this to be absolutely true.

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

#4411026 - 03/16/18 06:16 PM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
VonBeerhofen Offline
VonBeerhofen  Offline
Hotshot

I do remeber that version Mr. Jelly but JG51 never used it, it's the version that drew us over the top because it contained modified weapons which were closer to the fuselage. The latest version I still have is OAW Unified, which is embedded in the OAW folder we used normally. Unified was only used for the lake missions which were led by you before your shown version became OAW number 100 or so. Both Unified and the one before that (The last one JG51 used and still used for modding purposes today) have no savedata folder management of any .MSN files. The ReadMe in Unified is June 2005 and bears Roy's signature and an explanation for the Lake mission. At that time the Savedata issue was long in effect before that date and eventually led to JG51 throwing in the towel.

I have your version too here somewhere in it's original ZIP, as I became a somewhat avid OAW colletor plus what else I could grab, but which version isn't really the point is it? Fact is that up to OAW unified the problems with OAW had been mounting, which I reported about which again led to the decision to abandon further experiments untill more was known. I don't exactly remember when I reported that the .MSN files were absolutely vital for the game but it is a fact that I did on numerous occasions, just as I was trying to make you understand that your target editor wasn't doing things the way EAW wanted to see it, but I believe that was much later. On both occasions I was called a liar who only had subversive plans for the codegroup version and ''proof' was submitted that either was working fine.

I'm still telling you that neither is working fine but if you believe it is or believe that what you're trying now will solve the problems you've encounterd, which I also encountred long before 2005 then I can only say, I tried to help but to no avail. Let me ask you a direct question, are you or are you not encountering issues with campaigns for which you have no explanation? If you don't then I have nothing further to say but good luck with your endeavours and have fun modding.

BTW, what is a Rogue .MSN file? Was there something like a ''Rogue'' mission file, could there have been something like that. I never knew that existed, Is that what was causing so many online problems when I reported them? To me a .MSN file is an essential file which draws everything in an addon together, things will not work without all of em, except for v1.2 but v1.2 will not work with any .MSN file created for a different theatre.

You know what I find funny? That I just looked into my OAW at all the .MSN files present and I found a few large addons from 2002, DAW and Dunkirk, which actually had the full set in an M folder, but no presence of any savedata folder. Well that's not going to work now is it? No wonder there were so many problems, I wonder who told us to do that. In 2002 I wasn't even aware of that stuff, as I was still trying to solve the Pyramid R/S issue by calculating it manually. Even funnier is that it stayed in like that up to June 2005. We didn't know much about Savedata folders or .MSN files back then now did we, and do I recall you saying a bit higher up that these files were causing a lot of issues which was why you adapted to a new ingenious way for the target selection ,but some issues had to be sorted for which you created a new enhanced type of .MSN file to solve all the problems, that is after you've finished with going back in time to JIM will fixit? Will he now, in that case I'm keeping a close eye on how JIM does, but I already know.

VonBeerhofen

#4411058 - 03/16/18 08:56 PM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

Rogue msn files were the ones saved in savedata like "Default05.msn" I find in my own OAWUnified. In 1.2 they are the ones which caused problems when the theatre was changed, so there was a button in OAW so the user could delete them.
However, in that folder there are a heap of SD folders:

[Linked Image]

These are savedata folders which the selector switched depending on the Q folder loaded
When this happened the the current savedata to its original "SD" name, and renaming the "SD" folder corresponding to the selected Q folder as "savedata".
That way the "savedata" folder in the root folder corresponded to the theatre selected, and in a sense the Del MSN button was redundant.

The current 160Special (which is the replacement for JIM) is running very well. ShoGun and I had some great games using Moggy's Dunkirk theatre, and I have just set up a SPAW planeset with several flying boats which take off from and land on water. It worked well in the host only test I just tried at GameRanger.

[Linked Image]

The enhanced msn file has the first 400 bytes almost exactly the same as the entire 1.2 version with the data starting at byte 273.
There is no CRC or version number in the first 12 bytes as the checksum check has been disabled in the exe.
Two of the old unused values have been put to good use to contain the interdiction type and the interdiction size in the case of an interdiction mission.
An extra 400 bytes has been added to include the theatre, planeset and description. The latter was shifted from bytes 13 onward to start at byte 529 to allow more room.
In that second section the multiplayer bases for the friendly secondary, enemy primary and enemy secondary aircraft are stored at bytes 721,723 and 725 for copying into the [NETOPTION] section of the eaw.ini file.
The exe does not read anything after the first 400 bytes, but the editor does to give info to the user.
One of the big benefits is that the 160Special exe is using some previously unused values, such as those for the friendly secondary, enemy primary and enemy secondary altitudes.
These actually work, and I have been using them to set-up bounce missions.
There are other unused values, such as the actual number of different aircraft, and it would be easy to make an exe that uses them smile

Last edited by MrJelly; 03/16/18 09:39 PM.

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

#4411112 - 03/16/18 11:51 PM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
MarkEAW Offline
MarkEAW  Offline

Heres a draft of my Help Document for MISSIONS. WIP.

https://eaw.neocities.org/eaw-missions.html

#4411277 - 03/18/18 11:01 AM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
VonBeerhofen Offline
VonBeerhofen  Offline
Hotshot

You're not tackling the real problem with your follow up post Mr. Jelly, which is that I reported problems with OAW and online games and weird behaviour up to and including OAW Unified and I was called a liar who's only goal was to attack OAW. That later OAW versions tried to tackle the problem only shows that my concerns were correct and you were trying to fix the problem without excusing yourself for the problems OAW had caused in the Launchpad.

Managing savedata folders is only part of the problem and doesn't solve all the issues which also relate to your target editor and a few other things in the EXE which will also cause problems. Yesterday I incorporated a Savedata folder in every addon folder which needs one, because my version doesn't manage them. When the addon is selected the savedatafolder is also copied and overwrites the one in the gamefolder, problem solved and without a Savedata managing feature things work like a charm, offline that is. Online it's not solving the other issues but at least there's a chance that it will work. BTW, I happen to have these same SD folders in my OAW, a remnant from the version you posted. I forgot to erase them but they're all empty anyway, except for SD Europe_Mission_1 which only contains saved custom missions which will never be used online.

Perhaps this sounds familiar to some who've played the game online. Sometimes one or more players would spawn in totally different areas then the one selected by the host, that is hundreds of kilometers away. There wasn't a cause we could pinpoint for this behaviour and only recently I started understanding why this happened. This player had played another addon offline whereas none of the other players had, and from there on his savedata folder was corrupt. His savedata files got changed accordingly and were no longer in step with ours. It had the wrong target and airbase in it and when the game tried to use them to produce a sensible target and airfield in the next online mission the selection wasn't the same as ours.

I can see that one could create some fun missions with this behaviour if it's under control but it wasn't, so I reported it in SimHQ and was hammered for it. From there on things got worse and worse because people sided with my attackers after being told there were no problems. Since the incorporation of savedata management, as a direct result of me mentioning that the .MSN files were vital for the game, the problems are still not solved 100%, even though there's far less chance of problems then before.

Showing how things are today aren't an excuse for the treatment I've had to endure whilst pointing out problems which were real but denied by the Codegroup, which is the only important reason for me still being here. It's important to me that I can leave knowing that people understand I never lied and tried to help fix a real problem.

VonBeerhofen

#4411315 - 03/18/18 02:37 PM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

Its a long time ago, but I cannot recall any members of the CodeGroup being able to reproduce any of the problems you raised, and nobody else reported the same problems in this forum.
This may have been operating system and video card related, but some of us were using fairly old PCs.

To be honest I am not interested in OAW, and I do not use it. That is because since 1.28c we have used the "Dir.set" system that made OAW redundant.
As you know I did apply it to the FXExe folder, but simply as a means of making it tidier.
However, in order to besure I just ran OAWUnified after copying a "Default05.msn" file which was in the "savedata" folder and naming the copy "Copy.msn", so there were two files in the folder
Clicking "Del MSN" deleted the "Default05.msn" file but not the copy. That confirmed that it was working properly, and that it would not delete any files that were not "DefaultXY.msn"
"Savedata" is a major limitation in EAW1.2, and your FXExe has inherited it. In the 1.28 development Ralf was able to make the exe create individual "savedata" folders in theatre folders, with slot folders in them.
The exe would use them instead of the default "savedata".This made life a lot easier.
In addition we developed the multiplayer code so that the host was picking the target and bases, and not the exe.This meant that some of the problems you mention are eliminated.

Keep battling smile

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

#4411320 - 03/18/18 03:58 PM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
VonBeerhofen Offline
VonBeerhofen  Offline
Hotshot

I can't see users making a sensible selection from a list which I assume contains all 300+ targets for both sides, unless you don't mind taking off from enemy bases and/or attack friendly targets. But then again I don't know what you or Ralph have done. If players can work with it then i can't see any problem with it, on the other hand I can see it may need some knowledge as to where the frontline is and that ULM is on the right side of it when selected.

Inspite of this the .MSN files are still vital to the game and it's more about these files not having been present or even created for specific addons. The use of OAW was also abandoned by the Launchpad shortly after August 2005 in favor of fully automated selections as in 1.2 because it was quick and easy for the players and full of fun surprises. It doesn't take away the fact that when theatres change, the savedata folder also needs to change, if only for offline games. Ofcourse the chances of failure increase exponentially with the number of players, as each one could have a corrupt .MSN file in their game, which would usually be the guy hundreds of miles from the target.

You can not test this stuff by flying a single plane in just one mission, the test lies in swapping theatres constantly and test all 29 missions to see if it survives the test. Your online workaround may work well for online selections and bypass the problems experienced with OAW back in 2005 but your recent posts suggests that the files are still in use, either online, offline or both. And when you say "This meant that some of the problems you mention are eliminated." actually means "This meant that some of the problems you mention remain."

For EAWPRO all Savedata problems were solved by having specific files for each addon seperately, as I think was intended for OAW too but never was realised other then allowing the deletion of so called ''rogue'' .MSN files, but it's never been about the deletion of these files, it's been about these files not being present for addons which required their own set. It's still not any different today to my knowledge, no matter how the target selection is done. EAW is incapable of creating default*****.MSN files for addons which have altered frontlines and moved targets. When old files are still there or none are present there is a chance of working fine but there's at least a 50% chance it won't.

This problem is not hardware related, it's been tested with computers from Win98 up to Win10 which all had various hardware onboard, and I'm certain even the 3D Windower will behave the same. I know it's a timeconsuming test to do all 29 planes in various theatres, both online and offline but it did give results which could be verified in the code. Once again it's no longer my problem and i've told you what I can to help. I don't know if it still applies to your version but it did apply to all versions of OAW in 2005 and later, and it still applies to v1.2 and EAWPRO.

Mod on!

VonBeerhofen

#4411329 - 03/18/18 04:41 PM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

I can't see users making a sensible selection from a list

Thats why we use a map with a frontline, bases in red and targets in blue

The DAW theatre
[Linked Image]

Right clicking and dragging from top left to bottom right selects a smaller area. I just did that with the ETO map
When the mouse is close to a target or base the name shows
[Linked Image]
The selection is automatically pasted into the eaw.ini

============================
[NETOPTION]
Year=2
SkillLevel=2
MissionType=3
BattleSize=0
TimeOfDay=3
Weather=1
NoAI=0
StartOnGround=1
AllowRespawn=1
AI_PlaneUpdateRate=350
PlayerPlaneUpdateRate=35
ClockSyncRate=140
Sleep=400
Target=210
FriendlyPrimaryHB=137
FriendlySecondaryHB=137
EnemyPrimaryHB=49
EnemySecondaryHB=49
FriendlySecondaryPL=10
EnemyPrimaryPL=24
EnemySecondaryPL=22
============================

wink

Last edited by MrJelly; 03/18/18 05:59 PM.

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

#4411358 - 03/18/18 08:04 PM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
VonBeerhofen Offline
VonBeerhofen  Offline
Hotshot

That's the weirdest frontline I've seen besides my own but I can't make out which side is Allied and which is Axis or which place corresponds with your targetlist, forgive my history ignorance. I wouldn't really know that from the 2nd drawing either but my history on that part of the world is a lot better and tells me that the Axis forces are probably in the South. As I said, if it works for you, smile

VBH

#4411359 - 03/18/18 08:12 PM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

That is the standard frontline in the Desert Air War release years ago- it is not mine.It was also Used for "Malta" and several other North African/Mediterranean theatres
The other is the 1940 ETO frontline from 1.2, but using a selected area of the ETO theatre smile

Last edited by MrJelly; 03/18/18 08:13 PM.

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

#4411369 - 03/18/18 09:16 PM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
VonBeerhofen Offline
VonBeerhofen  Offline
Hotshot

Well I found that DAW frontline so intriguing that I tried it in EAWPRO with the .MSN files I had in the folder (no changed targetset) and ofcourse a few hangars CTD'ed. I quickly fixed one of them with the LOAD option and flew the mission. It was good fun. Not historically accurate in my theatre but it worked. It'll probably screw up the online area selections but they can be fixed easily too. Not that it is in my interest though but an interesting testcase. I just feel that historical accuracy should remain part of my game, as in the sets I created sofar. I've always liked DAW once I got it working.

VBH

#4411484 - 03/19/18 03:15 PM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

Here is a possibility

I had an old adaptation of Malta with a different frontline running with OAW and 1.26e
It had bases close enough for groundstarts, so it was a non historical version for a bit of online fun
As it was a single folder I decided to get it working with the FXExe
All I needed to do was to write a tile converter to produce a set of DAW tiles with FXExe names so that we see desert tiles and not the default FXExe ones.
Here are the before and after shots

[Linked Image]

It worked smile

This is a screenie:

[Linked Image]

If you want any of this stuff I am happy to make it available

Last edited by MrJelly; 03/19/18 04:29 PM.

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

#4411496 - 03/19/18 04:48 PM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

This is what I had loaded:

[Linked Image]

.. and this is my tidy folder with nothing loaded wink
[Linked Image]

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

#4411511 - 03/19/18 05:32 PM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
VonBeerhofen Offline
VonBeerhofen  Offline
Hotshot

A tile conversion batch file was included in the folder Mr. Jelly. EAWPRO handles complete targetsets and .DAT files just fine and there's no real obstacle to import any previously made addon. However all 3DZ's use rewritten routines which may cause planes and groundobjects to display different. These models, usually coming from another Microprose game, need to be properly adapted to EAW standards and the new capabillities EAWPRO has to offer. Although perhaps not immediately visible I also changed the way the hitbubble table functions, in that it made the people sprites work independent from the table so more objects could be used. A more recent change changes the function of how TMOD**_L is used, it's become a 2ndary destroyed model which will show at the same time as TMOD**_D, which means that in the Malta addon all TMOD**_L have to be erased or replaced if you want to see the full destroyed object. I probably forgot a thing or two but all in all there's still a lot of work to do for a good conversion but when done properly new possibillities can be added to the addon, like glass groundobjects, animated ground objects, 4 or 5 extra ground models, the full use uf palettes on wire objects with or without luminescence, plus a full set of 2ndary destruction models.
I probably forgot a thing or two here as well but there's plenty of playground created within every converted addon to keep many a modder busy for weeks. I should know because I also converted Pacific Tide III and it's not even finished yet.

I hope you caught your fish, Mr. Jelly, smile You can release your conversion tool for anyone who thinks it's usefull, I'm not interested much in converting addons from someone else's making, I'd rather create something entirely new with what I have lying around already, like Italy, Japan and Suez and perhaps even use Col. G's groundmodels, since it seems a shame to not give them a proper place in EAW.

VonBeerhofen

#4411569 - 03/19/18 09:25 PM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
Rotton50 Offline
3DZ / campaign designer
Rotton50  Offline
3DZ / campaign designer

Cape Charles, Virginia, USA
There are over 400 different ground models available in the 1.6 download. Look in the expanded European target set which include just about all of Col. Gibbon's various TMOD's.

Heck, even paranoids have enemies.
#4411650 - 03/20/18 07:17 AM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

The FXExe is good piece of work, within some constraints of the original 1.2
With a hard coded TMod table with just over 70 TMods and no chance to use TMod.dat files one has to be choosy.
wink Jel

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

#4411661 - 03/20/18 10:19 AM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MrJelly]  
VonBeerhofen Offline
VonBeerhofen  Offline
Hotshot

The FXExe is good piece of work

You nailed it Mr.Jelly, that's what it's been all about, to create a good piece of work and learn new ways of doing things in the game. I think that with it's standard user interface and the fact it's AI are murderous are a guarantee for success.

I don't think you understand me very well Rotton, I want the stuff that isn't in 1.60 and the stuff that isn't working. I think Mark has most of it already and the Col. was kind enough to hand me the Dreadnaught for fixing.

[img]http://www.zeus-software.com/forum/download/file.php?id=600[/img]
[img]http://www.zeus-software.com/forum/download/file.php?id=599[/img]

If you also have something you can't fix, send it to me and perhaps it'll find it's way in there too, smile
It's going to be a superblast, I promise.
[Linked Image]

VonBeerhofen

#4411673 - 03/20/18 12:13 PM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
Rotton50 Offline
3DZ / campaign designer
Rotton50  Offline
3DZ / campaign designer

Of course I understand you.

You said - "perhaps even use Col. G's groundmodels, since it seems a shame to not give them a proper place in EAW."

And I said that there are hundreds of TMOD's, including many of Col. Gibbon's creations in the expanded European package available in 1.6.

What I didn't say, because it seems self-evident, is that you could download the 1.6 package, extract the TMOD's and then delete what you don't need.

It would be a pretty simple way to get exactly what you want.

#4411682 - 03/20/18 12:47 PM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
VonBeerhofen Offline
VonBeerhofen  Offline
Hotshot

Are you implying that from the 400 objects in the download app. half isn't working? Now that is interesting news to me, not sure if I have the time to fix that many but I'll see what I can do,

VonBeerhofen

#4411690 - 03/20/18 01:21 PM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
Rotton50 Offline
3DZ / campaign designer
Rotton50  Offline
3DZ / campaign designer

Where did you dredge up the idea that half of the TMOD's aren't working?

I never said anything even remotely like that.

What I said is that there are hundreds of TMOD models in the 1.6 package. If you don't want the 1.6 series clogging up your hard drive that's fine but you could download the package, extract the TMOD's and then delete the rest of the package.

Pretty simple concept.

#4411699 - 03/20/18 01:54 PM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
VonBeerhofen Offline
VonBeerhofen  Offline
Hotshot

Originally Posted by VonBeerhofen

I don't think you understand me very well Rotton, I want the stuff that isn't in 1.60 and the stuff that isn't working.

Is what I wrote, to which you replied you can get exactly that from 1.60

Sorry if you misunderstood what I wrote, smile

VonBeerhofen

#4411701 - 03/20/18 02:07 PM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
Rotton50 Offline
3DZ / campaign designer
Rotton50  Offline
3DZ / campaign designer

You also said that you were thinking of including Col. Gibbon's ground models.

I replied that they are in the 1.6 package. Don't forget. most of his models had defects of one type of another. R/S issues, wrong sizing, missing damage models and such. All of the defects were taken care of before they were included in the 1.6 package.

Thus, if you want the best of Col. Gibbon's TMOD's they are in the 1.6 package not on his web page.

Or you could start from scratch with his originals and replicate the work already done.

In addition, there are also a lot of TMOD's from other contributors that are just as important. Dams, trains, vehicles, water towers, ships, barges, docks, bridges, rail lines and well, just ton's and tons of excellent models in the package. In fact, your stone bridge and a railroad crossing are in the mix.

You would have to pick carefully because of the 72 TMOD limit inherent in your exec's but I dare say you would be pleasantly surprised with the quality of the models and should be able to put together a decent package.

#4412684 - 03/25/18 09:04 AM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
MarkEAW Offline
MarkEAW  Offline

Is there a SimHQ Moderator that knows what EAW actualy is that can divide up this thread and moved the OT posts to there own thread?
EDIT: A Forum Moderator chimed in to help, but I think I'll leave the thread alone, thank you moderator for your assistants.

Now that OT topics branched out and left me on page 6, could you guys check my draft of my Work in Progress Help Document for MISSIONS:

https://eaw.neocities.org/eaw-missions.html

If you see any mistakes or something that should be expanded, that be neat if you could fill me in. Thanks.

Last edited by MarkEAW; 03/25/18 05:46 PM. Reason: Forum mod did want to help.
#4419321 - 05/06/18 06:29 AM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
MarkEAW Offline
MarkEAW  Offline

Mission Help Document has been filled in, but its lacking of course, and needs some rewrites. The Code Group version of the help doc (as I do write some topics on the CCVersionsof EAW) is very much WIP.

Any suggestions and info/details would be help full, please.

#4419323 - 05/06/18 07:27 AM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

The new MSN file system we use in 160 special is based on the 1.2 version with changes.
The bytes relating to mission data are exactly in the same places as they were in the 1.2 version.
The file has been extended, so the short description which was early in the old file is no longer used.
The version and CRC check is disabled in the exes that use these files.

[Linked Image]

The extended part has:
The theatre at byte 401 (counting from 1 and not zero)
The planeset at bye 465
A description starting at byte 529 including the year, mission type, target, base and aircraft involved.
Multiplayer friendly secondary, enemy primary and enemy secondary bases at bytes 721 to 726
The whole file is 800 bytes as opposed to the 1.2 version which is 400 bytes.

Several data items which were there, but unused in the 1.2 version, have been made use of in the 160Special exes.
These exes read the loaded MSN file and start a single mission almost instantly. The only screens used are the pilot map screen and the debriefing screen at the end of the mission.

Last edited by MrJelly; 05/06/18 07:31 AM.

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

#4419363 - 05/06/18 03:43 PM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
MarkEAW Offline
MarkEAW  Offline

Thanks. I believe you explained this already, maybe not in the same terms as an extended msn file. But a few words will help me fill in the doc.

#4419373 - 05/06/18 05:12 PM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

Some text from the latest 160 exe which is an accumulated list

// NoMiniPics added
// Normal Version but multiplayer bug in previous versions fixed
// ord files made three digit
// comp gunsight at level zero
// checking instant mission params
// map border done
// Torpedo flag set to TypeNum and not image in weapons.c
// DoTorpRun activated
// ShipStrike min altitude 3200
// has_torpedo routine fixed in plane_ai.c
// 3DPlanes.c rocket flare re-enabled
// Old set_release_store put back in weapons.c
// Parachute code from 140 added
// Torp release made at 1200 feet
// Bounce path a sine curve
// No strafe the water after the bomb
// Able to turn AAA off
// BigBattles left on for multiplayer and hopefully transmitted
// Bug causing exploding cargo fixed
// Stop explosions at front line
// Several railway code improvements
// Multiplayer AI planes reinstated
// Pilot map toggled
// Y print restriction on debrief kill list removed

*****************************************************************************************************************************
Some mpf files. They are really text files which contain numeric values:

"CapSet.mpf "contains the number of the friendly and enemy target capitals in targets.dat.
This sets the enemy and friendly territory sides of the frontline

"Bounce.mpf "sets the initial bounce height and maximum run of a bouncing bomb

"Border.mpf" sets the width of a border on TargetMap.pic

"TargetColour.mpf" sets the colour used to draw the selectable targets and bases on the TargetMap.pic in single mission selection

"Interdict.mpf "uses a zero or 1 to disable/enable interdiction types.
There is no point in allowing ship interdictions in the case of a theatre that has no water.

"Torpedo.mpf" is a cheat file to allow a torpedoes to be released from a large height and at a fast speed.
It was done to enable easier testing that the torpedo code is working.

"TrainChance.mpf" has a value from 0 to 255 to set the probability of trains being spawned.
Sometimes there appears to be too many

"Rotation.mpf" sets the horizontal and vertical rotation speed for things like windmill sails and searchlights
*****************************************************************************************************************************
"Presence" files. These contain no data but cause things to happen/not happen if the exe detect the presence of the file in the root or theatre folder:

"NoWW1TO" stops the WW1 and BoB fighter take off spread across the field and keeps planes on the runway. Essential with carriers.

"NoFL_Explode" stops Ralf's explosions close to the frontline from happening.
Used in multiplayer theatres set up for groundstarts

"UseSeasons" forces the exe to use the seasonal terrains in the "seasons" folder.
It saves having to have multiple seasons folders

"NoMiniPics" disables the display of minipics, but puts the name of the selected aircraft in the minipic boxes on the single mission parameters screen.
Many skins in the Aircraft_Inventory do not have a minipic.

wink Jel

Last edited by MrJelly; 05/06/18 05:16 PM.

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

#4419409 - 05/07/18 12:11 AM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
MarkEAW Offline
MarkEAW  Offline

I've added text to the Code Group Help Document on my site now. The new info is there from this thread and other recent threads and posts by Jel.

Its about v1.50 and v1.60. I edited it a little to read better, but I could probably do a bit more editing on my part.

#4420179 - 05/11/18 04:30 AM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
MarkEAW Offline
MarkEAW  Offline

I've update several help docs here and there including the install document and other concerns about add-ons, in lue of RIBob questions and understanding of things.
So I've re word text and applied more sentences in key locations on the docs, removed text to other docs etc. Fun stuff smile

Add-ons are terrain, new planes, skies, objects such as buildings and whole campaigns and theaters.

Modifications are theHexEdited exe's, the FXEXE and the 1.28x series and the likes of 1.50 and 1.60. Which have all the add-ons you'll most likely need built in.
Up converting add-ons from the v.12 standard; I have no idea how to do that and have not included any text to my site regarding such an endeavor.....

FXEXE EAWPRO should contain everything you need as well as v1.60.
The HexEdited exe;s are for stock v1.2 of the game.

#4420411 - 05/12/18 06:00 PM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
RIBob Offline
RIBob  Offline

Originally Posted by MarkEAW
I've update several help docs here and there including the install document and other concerns about add-ons, in lue of RIBob questions and understanding of things.
So I've re word text and applied more sentences in key locations on the docs, removed text to other docs etc. Fun stuff smile

Add-ons are terrain, new planes, skies, objects such as buildings and whole campaigns and theaters.

Modifications are theHexEdited exe's, the FXEXE and the 1.28x series and the likes of 1.50 and 1.60. Which have all the add-ons you'll most likely need built in.
Up converting add-ons from the v.12 standard; I have no idea how to do that and have not included any text to my site regarding such an endeavor.....

FXEXE EAWPRO should contain everything you need as well as v1.60.
The HexEdited exe;s are for stock v1.2 of the game.

In a way, I regret adding to your work load, but OTOH, if my small troubles and ignorance-based questions will serve to help others gain better access to EAW in all its' forms, then so much the better.

Stand by for more ignorant questions as I will be concentrating on v1.60 and EXEPRO in the near future.

#4420414 - 05/12/18 06:09 PM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

Direct your 160 questions to me please smile

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

#4420434 - 05/12/18 09:28 PM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MrJelly]  
RIBob Offline
RIBob  Offline

Direct your 160 questions to me please smile

I never gave a thought of any other source. I already have 1.60 up and running, with your help, as you might recall. What I want to do is ensure that my version of 1.60 is current, and updated to the best version possible at this time.

There are many links to files on your signature. BTW, the very last link in your signature is dead.

What I am asking is the specific names of the files/downloads that you provide, and the order in which they must be downloaded. I believe I am current with the available downloads as of about a month ago. Don't recall, exactly, due to other concerns, not limited to EAW.

Thanks for your past help, and for your efforts overall! !.60 is a marvelous addition to the EAW palette!.

Last edited by RIBob; 05/12/18 09:30 PM.
#4420450 - 05/12/18 10:36 PM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
MarkEAW Offline
MarkEAW  Offline

NP about work load.
You helped me and others too like you said by asking questions after you have read the help docs and feedback as well.

BTW, I don't think anyone sees these questions as stupid or ignorant from you at all. smile

#4420534 - 05/13/18 11:52 AM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
RIBob Offline
RIBob  Offline

Thanks for your kind comments, but I have made a consistent point about my being ignorant.

If the EAW game is to grow, it seems to me that future players should have as easy as possible way to go from original disk to fully playable game.

There are various pathways to doing so

I have NO axe to grind, and offer my comments not only for my personal benefit (getting the game playing), but also for the benefit of the Modders here in the hopes that their products might be more easily understood, by and utilized by, the newbies, most definitely including myself.

#4423058 - 05/28/18 07:15 AM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
MarkEAW Offline
MarkEAW  Offline

Alright Updated the Install document for the 300th time. smile With added feedback and improved informed steps, with tons of troubleshooting help.
Also the INI doc is getting some important text added, including reviewing the original EAW manual again for sentences of direct info about specific settings that will help fill in where I lack on details, Or to accompanying them.

Also, at the dead EAW forum (except for me I guess) on CombatACE I have my web pages posted in the correct categories. Any feedback can be posted there at free will too, good or bad. You don't need to PM me or what not, just post under the page link I provided etc. Or post in this forum aswell, doesn't matter.

#4423082 - 05/28/18 10:57 AM Re: EAW Help Site Updated and Work [Re: MarkEAW]  
MarkEAW Offline
MarkEAW  Offline

Here's what a future EAW Install Help Document will look like:

1) Run setup.exe

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.