lol Sluggish Controls biggrin

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4368025 - 07/08/17 04:17 AM Re: Jenny Wick [Re: bisher]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Originally Posted by bisher
Speaking of depressing. How is the in game music? Does it set the mood? Is there any?

There was in the mod but not in the SA. You don't really want mood music as you need to be able to hear people creeping up on you. The sound has come a long way now and the ambience is good so far, really puts you in the forest at night with owls, wind through the trees and insect noises or out in a sunny field with crickets and a nice fresh breeze.

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#4368122 - 07/09/17 04:28 AM Re: Jenny Wick [Re: Ajay]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Another quiet trip. Went for a quick run down to Green Mountain and Zelenogorsk for a look see, no action, plenty of infected. There are still people about as i came across a ruined backpack with some basic items in it and a rolled over truck near Zeleno. Weather was terrible so i headed back to base to wait it out.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

And surprise surprise, checking over my gear at base and someone has visited. The only items taken were an exact replica of my clothing, no guns, no food, no ammo. They left theirs in exchange which is something i would have done, weird.

[Linked Image]

I set up another tent i had dragged back from Zeleno and left a message in it, hoping maybe we may make contact. Might be risky leaving my gear where it is but i want to see how it plays out.

[Linked Image]

Sat up just above my tent for a while seeing if any one came poking around but no joy. Crashed out under a tree and wondered if the visitor was encamped close by?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#4370155 - 07/20/17 10:31 AM Re: Jenny Wick [Re: Ajay]  
VF9_Longbow Offline
Hotshot
VF9_Longbow  Offline
Hotshot

Tokyo, Japan
I bought DayZ because of you.. damn it!

I am enjoying it quite a lot though. I played Breaking Point (A free mod basically like DayZ) for years but it was abandoned and decided to replace it with DayZ. I have been pretty happy with it so far. It is much more difficult to survive in DayZ, finding food and water and crafting items is a challenge and the zombies are a lot more dangerous than in the other mods.

#4370666 - 07/24/17 02:41 AM Re: Jenny Wick [Re: Ajay]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Nice smile You grabbed it at the right time when a lot has been done and it is looking really good. The next update will be the game changer with the player controller. Stay safe out there!

Just a run down to the coast for Jenny this time, decided to see if there is any life in the coastal cities and to grab some netting to make a complete ghillie suit.

Leaving base pre dawn, i found the sleeping spot of a cow herd, pic is super enhanced as it was near pitch black when i heard them shuffling around in the small valley. Was sort of calming just kicking back in a world of death and listening to these cows quietly low away the night.

[Linked Image]

A fairly uneventful journey all the way down to Cherno, feels weird being near and inside the bigger towns.

[Linked Image]

White Russian, yes please! Unfortunately no drinks were to be found.

[Linked Image]

Creeping around the Cherno International and was going to investigate the plane crash a bit closer when a person pops up and runs straight past me, fairly sure they didn't see me as i was crouched and unmoving when they appeared.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

They were wearing exactly what i was, which made me think..was this the person who had raided my tent a while back or just coincidence? I decided to head the way they had headed and see if i could cut them off. I was going to set up in Balota but there is to many ways to approach the area and i might miss them.

[Linked Image]

So i settled on the thinnest strip of land along the coast which is between Komarovo and Kamenka, just under the lighthouse on the hill. If they were chasing netting there is plenty of boats on the coast here and maybe they might hit the mil base past Kamenka so this should be the way they would head if that is what they are chasing. Time for a quick feed and to get comfortable for what could be a decent wait.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

After about thirty minutes of no joy i called it and headed back inland for a midday snooze. Plenty of netting found on my run along the coast so i can add a ghillie to the collection when i get back to camp.

[Linked Image]

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#4374085 - 08/13/17 12:25 AM Re: Jenny Wick [Re: Ajay]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Quick jaunt from base to grab some drinks and finally found my last burlap to make a ghille suit.

Heard the howl of wolves in the distance while i was looting some cars, being dark (pics have been lightened) it was creepy as sh/t so i took refuge in a bus and pulled out the AK and waited.

[Linked Image]

The howls got closer and i was unsure if they were following someone else or had picked up my scent, sure enough three wolves started circling the bus, i put one down outside and one charged inside. After a quick tussle i had him down and dead and then needed to bandage from a bite.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Took out the last one outside near his mate.

[Linked Image]

Wolf steaks tonight!

[Linked Image]

Further up the road was where i found the final burlap sack, beelined it instantly for base where i had another 9 sacksto make the ghille. The ghille headgear i had kept from my kill many weeks ago.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

A face only a mother could love

[Linked Image]

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#4379520 - 09/14/17 05:52 AM Re: Jenny Wick [Re: Ajay]  
VMIalpha454 Offline
VMIalpha454  Offline

Chattanooga, Tn
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this! Good job, Ajay.

"I have only two men out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold."
1stLt. Clifton B. Cates, USMC
in Belleau Wood, 19 July 1918
#4379979 - 09/17/17 01:50 PM Re: Jenny Wick [Re: Ajay]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Cheers smile I've given her a rest for a bit, logged in twice and ran her down to the East Coast at Berezino to try and get a truck working so i could move camp. Haven't seen any more players but the truck had some gear in it so there are people around. Going to give her a run again soon smile

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.