Hey guys, anyone here played Avorion?

It's like a simplified Space Engineers combined with X3 (but with multiplayer). The game is in development but it's already in a "fun" state. Combat is simple, yet more complex than X3 (you will disable ship systems and functionality if you destroy the blocks that make it - it's the most fine grained damage system of all the Space sims I've played, and it's awesome because the implementation is so simple).

You can command multiple ships, support fighters, miners, (if you have the adequate crew - there's a neat hierarchy system) in a RTS Camera. The economy system is kind of X3-like: production chains, and the game simulates activity in the systems you have resources (not all of them, and it's only implemented in the last beta from a week ago). The economy isn't near X3 levels though - if you like X3 based only on the economic systems you'll be disappointed - maybe the Dev gets there one day. The UI and camera are the only truly weak points right now - I have no issues with them (you grow used quickly), but there's a lack o QoS implementations.

There are lots of servers and you can create yours (let's say, for coop).

Anyway, I found the game engaging, and it's the thing mostly similar to a multiplayer X3 (with simple yet great combat - X3 sucks with the HP simplifications). If the Dev pushes forward, I see this becoming my favorite space combat game.

Last edited by SacaSoh; 06/29/17 02:17 PM.