Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#4367027 - 07/01/17 02:41 AM Re: WOTR voice actors required [Re: Polovski]  
HumanDrone Offline
Just shoot me...
HumanDrone  Offline
Just shoot me...

Near Pittsburgh, PA USA
Well, I'm a "yinzer" from Pittsburgh, so when you're ready for Americans... I can be reasonably dramatic, but TBH I've never liked my recorded voice. I can try though; maybe you'll like it.

And we must drag Herr Olham back here for some native German voiceovers. As much as he's contributed to the community, it'd be great to hear him on the radio. Anybody know where he hangs of late?

Now Matt Milne, by glory, a Scotsman right and true! Not that you haven't achieved WOFF immortality already with your superb musical production, but my it'd be great to hear. "Aye, laddie 'e's up your arse, don' ya ken?" (That's probably very bad attempted Scottish, but you get what I mean!) Somebody quick make up a pilot with a tam'o'shanter and a set of pipes!

I'm probably not helping much here. I'll get my hat, I can see myself out...!

Box: Win7 Pro 64 bit / I72600K @4.1 GHz / EVGA GTX1080Ti/ 16GB RAM / Corsair 240 GB SSD / WD 600 GB Velociraptor / 1050W Power
FS Stuff: Saitek X52 Pro Stick/Throttle & Combat Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5
Sims: FSX Gold, REX 2.0 OD, UTX-NA, FSGenesis 10m mesh/ CFS3 ETO 1.40/Wings Over Flanders Fields BH&H2 (more gorgeous than ever!)
Proud BOC inductee 4/30/12!
#4367080 - 07/01/17 07:11 PM Re: WOTR voice actors required [Re: Polovski]  
matmilne Offline
matmilne  Offline

UK
Well, born in dundee, 3 years in arbroath/forfar and 20 in the shire (Aberdeen). Obviously working with a lot of Americans, the accent has lost some of its localisation, but I dare say I can mak' it fit.

ITunes https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/matt-milne/1301047345
Spotify https://open.spotify.com/album/4HohtzSKX5P5lz885y3BPu
Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07NVS3WBV/ref=dm_ws_sp_ps_dp

Demo Reel https://soundcloud.com/matt-milne-8/sets/demo-reel-full

Composer - games, films, and tv.
Wings over the Reich, Rise of Flight, Woff, off 2&3, Photokill and Star Trek: Bridge Commander Kobayashimaru
#4367576 - 07/05/17 12:36 PM Re: WOTR voice actors required [Re: Polovski]  
Wodin Offline
Wodin  Offline

Liverpool
I can do an English Upper Class accent.

#4367852 - 07/07/17 03:01 AM Re: WOTR voice actors required [Re: Polovski]  
HumanDrone Offline
Just shoot me...
HumanDrone  Offline
Just shoot me...

Near Pittsburgh, PA USA
The lot of you are giving me the chuckles. I'm imagining the surpassing reserve and manners of Wodin's upper class Englishman frustrating matmilne's brawny Scotsman, and the both of them trying to deal with a Yank over the radio! Throw in Ace_Pilito's Aussie, Rob Wiggin's Canadian Down- Easter and even gaw1's geese farts and I can about imagine what it'd be like. Alas that we could never get that fine-grained in WOFF radio calls!

I had a chance about 12 years back to go to England on "business" - to help repair a generator on the Isle of Wight - and my first night there I found no "washcloths" in my hotel room. At least that's what we call them in the 'states - when I asked for them at the desk, the clerk looked at me as though I was speaking Klingon! And I'm standing there describing these things with my hands ("little squares of cloth") and how you soap them up, etc. and she says, "Oh! You mean a flannel!" and I look confused and reply, "Well, we make them from terrycloth in the 'states, but if you use flannel, that works..." - and it was clear she didn't know what terrycloth was - and I said "yes, it's got like bumpy... well, it's the same as the towels..." and she says "Oh yes! You can get them at Boots!" I'm confused - "Boots - the chemist!" and it finally clicked with me that this must be a pharmacy, health and beauty & stuff like a CVS or Walgren or Rite Aid in the USA. And we had a good laugh about two <ahem> English speaking people who couldn't understand one another over so simple a matter! "We don't put them in the rooms- they keep getting nicked." and again, it took a second to register, but that I understood.

Hope y'all got a chuckle as well.

BTW - I can do a pretty good American hillbilly, too.

Box: Win7 Pro 64 bit / I72600K @4.1 GHz / EVGA GTX1080Ti/ 16GB RAM / Corsair 240 GB SSD / WD 600 GB Velociraptor / 1050W Power
Sims: FSX Gold, REX 2.0 OD, UTX-NA, FSGenesis 10m mesh/ CFS3 ETO 1.40/Wings Over Flanders Fields BH&H2 (more gorgeous than ever!)
#4367885 - 07/07/17 12:52 PM Re: WOTR voice actors required [Re: Polovski]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Lard tunderin begeesus us that was funny Drone!!

(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4

#4367895 - 07/07/17 01:53 PM Re: WOTR voice actors required [Re: HumanDrone]  
stljeffbb Offline
stljeffbb  Offline

Wisconsin USA
Originally Posted by HumanDrone
The lot of you are giving me the chuckles. I'm imagining the surpassing reserve and manners of Wodin's upper class Englishman frustrating matmilne's brawny Scotsman, and the both of them trying to deal with a Yank over the radio! Throw in Ace_Pilito's Aussie, Rob Wiggin's Canadian Down- Easter and even gaw1's geese farts and I can about imagine what it'd be like. Alas that we could never get that fine-grained in WOFF radio calls!

I had a chance about 12 years back to go to England on "business" - to help repair a generator on the Isle of Wight - and my first night there I found no "washcloths" in my hotel room. At least that's what we call them in the 'states - when I asked for them at the desk, the clerk looked at me as though I was speaking Klingon! And I'm standing there describing these things with my hands ("little squares of cloth") and how you soap them up, etc. and she says, "Oh! You mean a flannel!" and I look confused and reply, "Well, we make them from terrycloth in the 'states, but if you use flannel, that works..." - and it was clear she didn't know what terrycloth was - and I said "yes, it's got like bumpy... well, it's the same as the towels..." and she says "Oh yes! You can get them at Boots!" I'm confused - "Boots - the chemist!" and it finally clicked with me that this must be a pharmacy, health and beauty & stuff like a CVS or Walgren or Rite Aid in the USA. And we had a good laugh about two <ahem> English speaking people who couldn't understand one another over so simple a matter! "We don't put them in the rooms- they keep getting nicked." and again, it took a second to register, but that I understood.

Hope y'all got a chuckle as well.

BTW - I can do a pretty good American hillbilly, too.

Ha ha....nice one Human Drone!

I studied at the University of York as an international student in the fall of 1993. I will not belabor with all the "war" stories, but...

1) I went into a fish n chip shop...poor young woman was trying to greet me, and I just could not understand her....it was a sad ending to our conversation with me saying "I know we are both speaking English, but I just can't understand you" (thick Yorkshire accents threw me!)

2) I lived in James College for three months while at the university, and my flatmates always had a grand time translating for me into "American English"...I could at least understand them most of the time wink Kind of like what HumanDrone describes above, I had to often think of every possible meaning of a word to understand what was being said, and sometimes of course that did not even work.

3) I studied music, and I was always amazed at how different the chorale singing was compared to how they speak it

4) Concerning washcloths, I had never flown overseas before this trip, and when the flight attendants passed out washcloths in the early morning hours, I thought it was a breakfast burrito ( rofl )

5) I did not get a chance to see a whole lot while I was there (I did make it to London, Edinburgh, and Leeds, but that was it) ...I was very busy being involved in the "first-year" project for the music and theatre departments, a rendition of Benjamin Britten's Paul Bunyan, an operetta. Unbelievably ironic in that, coming from Michigan (where I grew up and spent much of my collegiate years), I was acting as a Swede (I was the bad guy, Hel Helson; I'm pretty sure the young Britten made him up), in a play about the upper midwest USA (where I come from), while in England. biggrin

I absolutely LOVED my time in England...such a great place, and I'm fortunate to have had the opportunity. I recommend studying in a different geographical place and culture to all the collegiate-aged students I come across.

Regards,

Jeff

PS Midwest US voice for me, but I do not have much in the way of recording equipment, and there are likely others who would do better and are more suitably equipped...

Last edited by stljeffbb; 07/07/17 01:54 PM.

WOFF:UE Computer Specs and set-up:
Homebuilt Computer!
Intel i5-3570k mildly overclocked to 3.8ghz
AsRock Z75 mobo
Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB (EVGA one fan version)
16 GB RAM
42 inch Sharp Aquos LCD TV with 120hz refresh
Very old (over 20 years now) Aiwa Receiver/Amplifier
Very old giant stereo speakers with newer sub-woofer
Very old Logitech Wingman joystick with two buttons and a throttle slider
Very old CH Thurstmaster analog footpedals
Manhattan analog/USB converter
W10
#4368287 - 07/10/17 11:33 AM Re: WOTR voice actors required [Re: stljeffbb]  
JimAttrill Offline
JimAttrill  Offline

Johannesburg, South Africa
Well if you want any ground crew voices, I was RAF ground crew for a few years and can still do the Sarfend accent I had at the time. Not good at the zobbit stuff tho

LG 27" 27mp65 monitor; EVGA GTX970 GPU; AMD Ryzen 3500 CPU; Corsair 750w PSU; MSI X470 mobo

RAF 1966-73 Cpl Engine Fitter (Retd.) Trenchard brat 206th Entry
DBA and systems programmer 1981-2005. Now retired since 2014
#4368432 - 07/10/17 06:30 PM Re: WOTR voice actors required [Re: stljeffbb]  
HumanDrone Offline
Just shoot me...
HumanDrone  Offline
Just shoot me...

Near Pittsburgh, PA USA
Originally Posted by stljeffbb

4) Concerning washcloths, I had never flown overseas before this trip, and when the flight attendants passed out washcloths in the early morning hours, I thought it was a breakfast burrito ( rofl )

Jeff, I got a kick out of yours as well, but that above reminded me of the time I was invited to a baseball game by a company that had one of those luxury suites. My brother-in-law came with me. Now let me tell you, that's how to watch a game! So about the third inning, they bring the food. "Wraps" we call them in the US, kinda like a Greek gyro, a bunch of stuff rolled up in a flatbread or tortilla. Well, I thought, this is kicking it up a notch! They've used blue corn tortillas for their wraps! Nice touch of color! So this is how the other half does it up!" And I tuck into that bad boy and I'm like, "Man - they go to all that trouble to look fancy with these blue corn torillas and the things are all tough and dried out. Sheesh. You'd think a fancy deal like this the food would be fresh!"

As I got almost to the bottom, the last of the folded purple wrapping paper came off in my hand... I thought my brother-in-law would choke laughing...

#4368948 - 07/13/17 06:04 AM Re: WOTR voice actors required [Re: Polovski]  
Ace_Pilto Offline
Livestreamer/YouTuber
Ace_Pilto  Offline
Livestreamer/YouTuber

Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
Nobody ever told me there was such a thing as a breakfast burrito. I've just found my next IRL side-quest.

Let's pretend I got the BWOC badge to embed here.

Wenn ihr sieg im deine Kampf selbst gegen, wirst stark wie Stahl sein.
"The best techniques are passed on by the survivors." - Gaiden Shinji
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM