Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#4366285 - 06/27/17 02:12 PM Jenny Wick  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Cross posting from the Dayz sub as it doesn't get many hits.

Had this char alive for over a week now so i decided she needed some style a couple of days in and a mission, the mission was to turn her into Jenny Wick, Johns long lost sis wink

Original fresh spawn Jenny

[Linked Image]

Jennys first kill, two guys i drove past in a car, saw them turn around so i parked around the corner and managed to bump into them creeping down to where i had parked. Nabbed one in a pistol shootout and the other guy bolted.

[Linked Image]

Went for a mini inland run and spied a few dudes but just watched, never opened fire.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Back down the coast, searching for burlap, lapping at night.

[Linked Image]

...not for long.

[Linked Image]

After getting decently geared and spying only freshies Jenny decided to leave the coast and head inland for good. Left a small tent stashed in a forest with ammo and supplies if i ever head down again.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Picked up a Lada that made the journey a lot quicker.

[Linked Image]

Aaaaaand trashed it in some trees at night. It seems Jenny can't handle a wheel like big bro John.

[Linked Image]

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4366286 - 06/27/17 02:13 PM Re: Jenny Wick [Re: Ajay]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Getting friendly with the deers at night up near Tisy.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The journey so far - Spawn at Kamyshovo and leg it all the way to the mil tents past Kamenka followed by a jaunt back up the coast and then inland to Staroye and Guglovo then back down to Kamenka again.From there i headed inland after setting the tent, Pavlovo, Windy Mountain, Drozhino, Zeleno, Sosnovka, Myshinko, the Western wildlands of the map, Lopatino, Vavilovo, NWAF, Sinistok and then finally Tisy Mil base. Here i found a guys tent stashed up against a building at the shooting range. I raided some of his loose ammo for my AK101 and stole a full mag as well. At that point i was carrying a sporter with a scope for zeds, animal kills and spying, with the AK for combat and a silenced Glock. As luck would have it i came across an M4 at the base so i juggled my options and decided to keep my fully kitted AK. I dropped the Sporter and jogged the M4 back to his tent, ran back and grabbed the Sporter and then dumped that in his tent as well, i was over double carrying. This guys tent makes a comeback later wink

[Linked Image]

I had decided Jenny Wick needed to be clothed in fully black to fit character, the M65 jacket i was wearing in the above pic i somehow dumped when juggling gear in the rain and couldn't find it. The next couple of sessions was aimed at going full Jenny Wick. I grabbed a tent at NWAF and went and found a nice little spot to call my own.

Cow chasing at night.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Hiding my truck behind the abandoned Fat machinery. Battery taken out.

[Linked Image]

Morning from near my tent location. Time to do the NWAF/Tisy run and possibly get some heli hunting in as well.

[Linked Image]

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#4366287 - 06/27/17 02:13 PM Re: Jenny Wick [Re: Ajay]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Heading to NWAF and a quick heli find.

[Linked Image]

Down into the tents and while inside one i was unsure if some footsteps i heard close by where a zed or a person. I pulled into the back of the tent just as someone piped up and asked if i wanted to join their group. Now, nobody is ever friendly at mil tents so by group i guess he meant six feet under. I could hear him directly at the back of the tent so i took a chance and legged it out and around the corner. I sat and watched him creep around, waiting to see what he was armed with and only said a simple 'Yo'

[Linked Image]

I then spotted a second guy appear from another tent off to my left so i was up and running just as he fired, i managed to keep dodging while the first guy gave chase. Pretty crap zoom but you can make out the second guy pinging at me, pretty sure he had an SKS.

[Linked Image]

The guy chasing me had an axe in hand so i turned and blipped him with half a mag and then shouldered my AK and legged it to a vantage point up near the heli. The second guy had lost me so i settled in keeping focused on the dead guy to see if his mate came to grab his gear. Dead guy is zoomed.

[Linked Image]

The shooter came back for a look at his mate a minute later but a bunch of shots around him had him leg it back into the tents, i knew i had minimal chance of a hit but when bullets are zapping around you running is always the best option biggrin

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I hung around for another minute or so and then booked it up to Tisy.

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#4366288 - 06/27/17 02:14 PM Re: Jenny Wick [Re: Ajay]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
This journey to Tisy had Jenny Wick fully fleshed out. Daytime cruisy look and going full assassin look.

[Linked Image]

I ended up heading back to old mates tent for a look to see how he was faring... and stole back the M4 i had left there a few days ago biggrin I decided i wanted a 60 round mag option for short range trips and i will use the AK101 with long and short range scopes for longer jaunts. So back to the tent to horde the loot, grab a feed and settle in for the night.

I managed to keep Jennys original headscarf (top right in tent) from when she was but an apple eating freshie on the coast as a keepsake of more peaceful times.

[Linked Image]

Guns guns guns! The VSS Vintorez i jagged at Tisy, going to be a mission getting ammo for it as it only spawns at Russian heli crashes. MP5 was courtesy of a cop shop and the PM73 was in a cop car. The Makarov came from the coast and was the gun Jenny made her first kill with.

[Linked Image]

Once i get another black M65 jacket i will have a nice new full change of clothes for Wicks persona.

[Linked Image]

Big week for Jenny so time to kick back by the fire.

[Linked Image]

But you can only let your guard down for so long so it is best to always be prepared...

[Linked Image]

Jenny Wick, always watching...

[Linked Image]

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#4366289 - 06/27/17 02:14 PM Re: Jenny Wick [Re: Ajay]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
To make sense of it all, this is about as close as i can get to my run without criss crossing places where i have backtracked or gone to multiple times.

[Linked Image]

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#4366564 - 06/28/17 01:52 PM Re: Jenny Wick [Re: Ajay]  
mdwa Offline
mdwa  Offline

Way over in Perth, Western Aus...
Wow - interesting. Nice report.

mdwa
#4366576 - 06/28/17 03:30 PM Re: Jenny Wick [Re: Ajay]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
I don't play this game, but I do enjoy AARs from it. Something fascinating about the whole thing and how people act and interact in such an environment. Thanks for posting.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#4366930 - 06/30/17 02:36 PM Re: Jenny Wick [Re: Ajay]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Interaction has a few levels in DayZ. At the coast you can generally get along with most ..except the few who want to box. On a full pop server it isn't unusual to be able to form a small band and get a good adventure going. The further inland you are the more it becomes a 50/50 of he who fires first wins but you can sometimes end up with a travelling companion. Mil bases are fire and forget biggrin

After a short sleep and some sizzling cow steaks Jenny decides to head out for a predawn run, the dark is where she thrives.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

First stop a Russian Mil Mi-8, hoping for some of that elusive Vintorez ammo...but no joy.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

After a while watching the airfield and searching another chopper Jenny heads back to base for a snack and a drink just as dawn starts to break.

[Linked Image]

Mid morning and Jenny gears up for a longer run. Tisy base to try and scavenge some more ammo and take a look around the top corner of the map for signs of any other survivors. This will also be a map making expedition of sorts as she will be venturing into some unknown territory. Weapon of choice this time will be the M4A1 with coupled 30 round stanags, Glock 19 will be her backup and of course her trusty axe for the infected. Clear sunny day with a strong breeze constantly blowing.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Tisy shows some activity as wolves howl in the distance, she knows somebody is at this moment running in fear for their lives. She moves in slowly and searches the perimeter, waits and watches a while and then heads in and picks up some ammo and clothing. Doing a slow run around the base she finds that the tent were she had previously swapped out some ammo for guns has been moved by it's owner, this will be something to keep an eye open for in the forests. Moving into the base proper she hears the wolves howl again, closer this time so she ducks into a barracks and closes the door, weapon out and ready. Footsteps run past outside followed by the rush of animal feet and growls of several wolves. She moves to a room and looks outside...

[Linked Image]

Wolves and infected, is that all? Maybe the survivor is holed up close by like she is, she moves back to the door and risks opening it.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#4366941 - 06/30/17 03:18 PM Re: Jenny Wick [Re: Ajay]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Time to sort out the wolves and get outta here.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Mmmmmm, guts.

[Linked Image]

No sign of any life at Tisy after gunning down some wolves and infected. Jenny makes a break for it and heads Northwest. All hilly forest country with one little settlement stashed down in a valley, no life there, just dried blood on the floor boards in the bedroom. She does pick up a Winchester rifle and scope which wil lcome in handy and add to the gun collection. She heads up to a tower on top of the highest hill and gets her bearings.

[Linked Image]

Moving slowly down the hill and winding through the forests, deer the only movement spotted as the bust across a small clearing ahead of her. Further down she hears a low rumbling, far off. Heading towards the noise she recognises it as an engine, revving up and down. Coming upon a bus she keeps to the treeline and moves along beside it. There is a guy at the wheel, his head covered in grass, moving the truck grudgingly back and forth with blown tyres. She takes a chance and moves out of cover, AK101 at the ready as always, and shouts over the noise of the bus 'You need a hand?'

[Linked Image]

There is no reply as he looks at Jenny, stands up and gets off the bus, a crossbow moving into his hands. The AK shatters the silence and he goes down without a sound.

[Linked Image]

Jenny sighs, moves quickly to check his condition, quite dead, and then hurriedly checks his gear.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

He has nothing Jenny needs save a couple of hot cans of drink and a CZ61 Scorpion smg that she will probably never use, always nice to have a trophy though. She decides to call the run over and heads back to base to dump her now full backpack. Once back at her tent she realises she is rapidly running out of room and needs some more storage space. A short jaunt to the nearest village should secure some 44 gal drums to stash some gear. Who knew you could get overloaded with goodies in an apocalypse?

Running with drums keeps you fit!

[Linked Image]

Sh/t just got real.

[Linked Image]

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#4366947 - 06/30/17 04:04 PM Re: Jenny Wick [Re: Ajay]  
mdwa Offline
mdwa  Offline

Way over in Perth, Western Aus...
Haha - so was the grasshead an infected or another human player?

mdwa
#4366950 - 06/30/17 04:14 PM Re: Jenny Wick [Re: Ajay]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
After the excitement of the chainsaw find Jenny hoes down some wolf steaks..chewy but not bad, washes them down with an orange and some pipsi and has a bloated siesta. It's been a rather adventurous day so far but she has itchy feet when she awakes, full moon again. Gear up, clean the M4, reload the mags, head out. Moving South this time.

[Linked Image]

Halfway to Pushtoska she comes across another downed heli in a field, this one has been stripped clean though. She stakes it out for a few minutes and surprising even herself slams down a can of tuna and a spite, maybe Wolf meat is like chinese take away in that you are only satisfied for a small time.

[Linked Image]

Whilst thinking about chinese takeaway she hears the roar of a car and snaps out of it noticing a sedan bouncing across the fields headed directly for her with a bunch of infected giving chase!

[Linked Image]

She unshoulders the M4 and sights it, sure she has been spotted but then the car veers away heading across the field past the crashed chopper. Jenny is up and running keeping an eye on the car as it piles along at full noise in the general direction of Pustoshka.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Jenny moves into full Wick mode and sprints for Pustoshka, guessing they will stop for supplies, she makes for the Northern end so she can sight down the main street. Adrenaline is pumping but it is contained as she pulls up behind a beat up old van, looking down the street she sees two guys standing by the car, engine still running but it appears they have hit a building in the dark and damaged something.

[Linked Image]

She settles her breathing and then pulls out from behind the van, sights in on the guy closest and lets off five single shots.

[Linked Image]

For reference this is night time firing (not this engagement)

[Linked Image]

He goes down and she pulls behind the van, she watches as the second guy runs to the front of the car and ducks down. Jenny is up, puts a burst into the car seeing flashes spark along its length and then she sprints around the eastern side of the town, working quickly to a position on the southern side of the car. On her way up she has heard the car revving but it sounded like it wasn't going anywhere. Once in position behind a fence she can see it has moved slightly but the tyres are shredded. From here she is fairly sure the first guy is still down. Infected are all over the vehicle and Jenny settles in to wait for the other guy to appear.

[Linked Image]

After a couple of minutes of no movement Jenny moves slowly to another vantage point and spies the other guy, he had moved out of cover from behind a bush, weapon in hand and then quickly moves back in. She watches and wait for movement.

[Linked Image]

Seeing nothing and fearing he is flanking she moves again to a wall facing the front of the car. He will definitely break cover ..and he does, straight towards Jenny. He throws himself unsuspectingly onto her M4 as he rounds the corner of her wall with infected in tow. A burst puts him down, another bunch of rounds for the infected and it is over. Two more dead. On closer inspection the he is a she, not what Jenny expected. She had a Steyr, Jenny knows how dangerous they can be in the hands of the right lady and moves aside any remorse she feels. She shoulders it and moves down to the car.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Looks grisly, this guy is stuck under the car. As far as Jenny can make out, the female has tried to move the car and pounded her male friend into the pavement. Jenny jumps in the car and moves it just enough so she can check the body for gear. He has nothing she needs, and what he does have is trashed.

[Linked Image]

She decides to call it a night and heads back at a slow pace to her tent. Wondering if these two were just friends, a couple maybe or even family? She never checks for identities, she just knows that she has to be the first to fire and the less of everyone else there is ...makes her survival that much easier.

[Linked Image]

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#4366951 - 06/30/17 04:21 PM Re: Jenny Wick [Re: Ajay]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
The continuing journey. Five player kills so far.

[Linked Image]

Gear collected so far, somehow i lost the Winchester which was annoying, need to be more careful swapping out guns in the forests. Steyr and the other M4 not shown as they are on Jenny.

[Linked Image]

Starting to get paranoid about getting raided, i need to stash some barrels around and split up the loot i think.

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#4366952 - 06/30/17 04:28 PM Re: Jenny Wick [Re: mdwa]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Originally Posted by mdwa
Haha - so was the grasshead an infected or another human player?

A player smile you did use to get the name of the player when you checked pulse but for now it defaults to no unit for some reason.

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#4367175 - 07/02/17 08:52 PM Re: Jenny Wick [Re: Ajay]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Not much about today, left camp to go for a general look around and to see if there was any carnage left at Pustoshka from the other nights action.

Cows down at the creek having a drink, Jenny has all the fresh steak she need and was happy to simply watch them dawdle about for a bit. She picks up a Winchester left in a deer stand near here which was a nice find.

[Linked Image]

Another picked clean heli wreck near Vybor, the air force must be broke.

[Linked Image]

No sign of anything in Pushtoska, bodies were gone so either the infected dragged them off or they were carved up by other desperate survivors. Cruised into Stary Sobor, i don't really enjoy creeping around towns during the day, too many eyes.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Peering into the abandoned military encampment at Stary, highest chance of running into somebody.

[Linked Image]

Leaving Stary behind Jenny hits up a few deer stands and then pulls up until dark in the forest for a chill out.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Overslept after a feed and getting to comfy listening to the birds and bugs of the forest, must be about 4am before she sets on her way again. Feeling fresh in the crisp morning air and head towards base. At the moment Jenny is North of Stary and heads West towards Vybor. Something looms ahead in the bad light, a truck? Bus? Closer inspection, a bus, rolled on its side by someone just off the road between Vybor and Stary. A quick look inside, nothing of use and no sign of bodies.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

About a click further on she stops for a drink and spots something out away in a field between some trees. A set of wheels parked up on a dirt road.

[Linked Image]

Well worth a look. Jenny slowly works her way to the car, nice and quietly, stopping and listening. The mil base is close and whoever owns the car may be in there. She moves up to the car satisfied there is no one close by and has a quick look inside.

[Linked Image]

Its the goddamn apple man! Someone loves their fruit!

[Linked Image]

She grabs the M4 scope, ditches the crossbow and tries the ignition, fires first time. Slams home first and laps it out of there wondering if someone is listening to their now stolen apple cart as it heads off over the fields.

[Linked Image]

In retrospect she wonders if she should have hung around and tried to see if she could make a friend..or at least observe the apple man as he did whatever he does. She parks the car next to the trusty old digger and calls it, time to stash the Winchester and start thinking seriously about seperating her stash that has well outgrown her single tent.

[Linked Image]

That night she dreams of a madman covered in other peoples flesh and apples, running at her with an axe. She wakes up in a sweat, sits outside at the edge of the forest with her AK101 and spies down where she parked the car, it is gone. She sleeps no more that night.

[Linked Image]

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#4367193 - 07/03/17 12:28 AM Re: Jenny Wick [Re: Ajay]  
Nixer Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees
Depressing..............

Censored

Look for me on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or Tic Toc...or anywhere you may frequent, besides SimHq, on the Global Scam Net. Aka, the internet.
I am not there, never have been or ever will be, but the fruitless search may be more gratifying then the "content" you might otherwise be exposed to.

"There's a sucker born every minute."
Phineas Taylor Barnum

#4367390 - 07/04/17 10:58 AM Re: Jenny Wick [Re: Ajay]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Not enough action or too many apples?

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#4367497 - 07/04/17 09:39 PM Re: Jenny Wick [Re: Ajay]  
CyBerkut Offline
Administrator
CyBerkut  Offline
Administrator
Hotshot

Florida
Nice job, Ajay! thumbsup

#4367574 - 07/05/17 11:38 AM Re: Jenny Wick [Re: Ajay]  
the soupdragon Offline
Sexy Beast
the soupdragon  Offline
Sexy Beast
Hotshot

Cardiff South Wales UK
Great AAR mate.
Keep them coming.

SD

From the hills rebounding
Let this war cry sounding
Summon all at Cambria's call
The mighty force surrounding

Men of Harlech onto glory
This shall ever be your story
Keep these fighting words before ye
Welshmen never yield
#4367702 - 07/06/17 03:36 AM Re: Jenny Wick [Re: Ajay]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Speaking of depressing. How is the in game music? Does it set the mood? Is there any?

#4367708 - 07/06/17 04:37 AM Re: Jenny Wick [Re: Ajay]  
Sluggish Controls Offline
Sluggish Controls  Offline

Hong Kong
AKs barking in the distance, wolves howling behind the tree line, and shallow breathing from hypothermia seem to be my DayZ soundtrack.
Maybe I did disable in-game music, I'll check.

Entertaining AAR by the way !

Cheers,
Slug

"Major Burns isn't saying much of anything, Sir. I think he's formulating the answer..." - Radar - M*A*S*H
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.