Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 516 of 608 1 2 514 515 516 517 518 607 608
#4364483 - 06/17/17 02:57 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) **** [Re: SNAFU]  
Jolly Roger Two Offline
Experten
Jolly Roger Two  Offline
Experten
Hotshot

Sims, NC,USA
Folks,

Dux:

LOL. You speak of Casanova's third law. (Bill Casanova who lived on Spring Street in 1962) Yes, there seems to be a direct correlation between the beauty of the female and the relative huskiness of the male. It has something to do with the mating rituals of the female Homo Sapien I suppose. The old Charles Atlas body building cartoon ads that used to appear on the back cover of my comic books instantly comes to mind. Perhaps they were seen over there as well? The 90 lb. weakling gets sand kicked in his face by the big, strapping he-man at the beach kinda thing. The little guy's girlfriend is suddenly aware of her boyfriend's shortcomings. So the skinny boy rushes off to take the Atlas course and in just two more frames comes back to the beach with his sweetie to knock the #%$## out of the bully this time much to the delight of his girlfriend.

In case you are interested, there are about 191 shopping days before another Christmas brings the prancing and pawing of little hooves to our snowy roofs. Now might be a good time to write that letter to Santa requesting some body building equipment and MR. Atlas' course. Not that you really need it mind you. I managed quite well without it though I did lift weights in high school. In my experience a little disposable money, a flash car, reasonably good looks and above all, a good sense of humor trump muscle most of the time.... unless the muscle also has all the other stuff as well, that is.

PS: BillC. was a big fellow. He tried that sand kicking bit once on a little, skinny guy at the beach. While the skinny guy was getting the sand out of his eyes the little guy's girlfriend beat the hell out of Bill. biggrin

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4364506 - 06/17/17 06:10 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
Jolly Roger Two Offline
Experten
Jolly Roger Two  Offline
Experten
Hotshot

Sims, NC,USA
Folks,

Remember that slick money making scheme C51 once came up with to fill our empty coffers one summer? His idea was to collect all the used lubricating oil from the motor pool and repurpose it as dark mahogany deck stain. We would have sold a lot of that lovely molasses colored stuff had we not lost several fellows who slid right off the demonstration deck and seriously injured themselves. Right, LeRoy the Brigadier wasn't too happy when much of it just ran off the deck onto the front seat of his new MG TD either.

Cleaning that only slightly viscous stuff off his car with our toothbrushes was severe punishment, however, it did show C51 another possibility for later profit. Deep Mahogany colored seat cover, dash, and convertible top polish actually sold quite well for about a fortnight. The local distillers were saved from bankruptcy after all. And our annual HWH midsummer's dance, Unclaimed Nurses Frolic, Mixed Doubles badminton, and Under 30s Nude Sack Race were a huge success. Wasn't that also the time many couples played croquet in the dense woods behind the Hall? Right, LeRoy, it must have been deuced difficult to see much in those woods. Be that as it may, nobody to my knowledge, complained they couldn't find their balls.

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019
#4364566 - 06/18/17 02:07 AM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
Fittop Offline
Fittop  Offline

US
Folks, JRT:

That may not have been the first time I've heard about using oil to stain wood. The other day I also saw someone on the idiot box using polyurethane glue to seal new wood.
Hard to believe but it put a beautiful finish on the wood.
I am envious of your weather, as we also start the day in the high seventies, only to rapidly climb onto the high nineties by mid-afternoon.

Since the rainy season seems to have gone on its way, I think I shall have to waste some decently potable water on that suburban curse known as "the lawn". Having a section of said lawn that does not seem to absorb the proper amount of water, in the early morning I will be donning a long sleeve shirt, long pants and a dose of Deet against the mosquitoes and giving that section a good bath.
Yep, Zika has struck and the West Nile fever never went away here. Since the city has seen fit not to spray even in the populated areas, -probably due to some of the farmland still around- one has to take a few precautions.

If it were not for the snakes seen every year, and the afore-mentioned fire ants, I would almost prefer native plants and grasses take over the grounds. I would not object to mowing once in a while to keep the fire danger down.
But then, I'm a city boy at heart; even if that weaponry you guys were talking about made me want to head for the range again.

To all of you who qualify, a Very Happy Father's Day tomorrow. Not sure if that's celebrated around the globe tomorrow, or just the United States.
It did seem to be a family holiday at the restaurant we ate tonight.

#4364612 - 06/18/17 01:44 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
Jolly Roger Two Offline
Experten
Jolly Roger Two  Offline
Experten
Hotshot

Sims, NC,USA
Folks,

All anyone needs to know about our weather today is that it is hot and getting hotter. We will also have temps rise into the mid-90s today according to those who claim to know the future.

Fittop:

I do not know about you sir but I am apt to hear about something I either did not know about or had forgotten about every single day. wink Did you know that mineral oil is the best oil to use on wood (like chopping boards ) in the home because it is the only oil that will not go rancid over time. Oddly enough, that product 's principal use is as a laxative. It is an intestinal irritant and often causes cramps so I believe it has fallen somewhat out of favor as better preparations have come on the market.

#4364674 - 06/18/17 08:32 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
Old Dux Offline
Hotshot
Old Dux  Offline
Hotshot

Derbyshire
Chaps,

JRT,

I must have somehow missed that third law on the way to the final one; Law 57, subsection b3, which describes the currently fashionable choices regarding embalming fluids and the lace trimming of shrouds.

Took a dip today and noticed sand eels close in and Gannets diving over 600yards away. Could be a good sign for the expected mackerel invasion.

I remember the Charles Atlas bodybuilding course and also that of Joe Weider.

'Find your enemy and shoot him down - everything else is unimportant.'

Manfred von Richtofen
---------------------------

#4364779 - 06/19/17 02:01 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
Jolly Roger Two Offline
Experten
Jolly Roger Two  Offline
Experten
Hotshot

Sims, NC,USA
Folks,

Another hot day is in store for us here in eastern North Carolina. Doubtless, it is about the same where you are with the singular exception of Jens perhaps. I hope that you survived the long race with no injuries Jens. Was it as exciting as you'd hoped? Porsche sealed a remarkable comeback victory in those 24 hours as favorites Toyota suffered a nightmare race at the Circuit de la Sarthe.

Kamui Kobayashi was leading the way in his Toyota before being forced to stop with mechanical issues. His sister car was out of the race less than an hour later due to collision damage.

#4364789 - 06/19/17 02:30 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
Jolly Roger Two Offline
Experten
Jolly Roger Two  Offline
Experten
Hotshot

Sims, NC,USA
Folks,

Dux:

That could be. Only serious students of the 900,000 pages of our HWH Handbook in 29 gilt-edged volumes hand bound under water by skilled Inuit tribesman recently relocated to Florida by a very severe Arctic storm, would be aware of those laws, especially the one you specify. Are you doing any snorkeling? You seemed very keen on doing that in the past? Eels are considered good eating by many but not yet popular here by large numbers. I have never seen them on a menu myself. Escargot I like when properly prepared so maybe I would enjoy eels as well? We export a lot of eels to Europe I believe. Seen any shark? Wait, stupid question. You wouldn't have taken that dip if you had.

Hmm. If only those eels were the electric variety. You might connect several in series and play your bass on the beach. wink Your area sound idyllic. But so did the Peaks. You are a fortunate fellow indeed. Good luck (should it actually be needed) with your lady friend. Don't think Gannets, think Mallards and don't forget to duck.

I always enjoy watching the pelicans, Sand Pipers, Gulls and other seabirds as well. The crowds of Bare-Breasted Tail Twitchers that throng our beaches every summer being my favorites of course. wink

#4364877 - 06/19/17 07:40 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
McGonigle Offline
Motorius Emeritus
McGonigle  Offline
Motorius Emeritus

Copenhagen, Denmark
Gents,

Roger, Back from the races almost recuperated after a weekend with only 5 hours of sleep between Saturday and Sunday. As luck would have it, Saturday and Sunday offered near perfect cycling conditions but I stayed firmly on the couch! Properly rested today after consuming lots of calories to sustain me during the big race weekend, today I found new energy and joy riding my bike for 64 kms through lush green pastoral landscapes in perfect 26 C conditions with little wind and I thought to myself, "myself, it doesn't get much better than this", I said.

Indeed, it seems that neither Porsche nor Toyota are able to build hybrid cars, as too many of them were attempting to limp back to the pits on the e-motor only. The going was slow and the range wasn't great either, while retired star-racer turned star-commentator Alan McNish, or McCrash as I have named him, confidently predicted that they would be able reach the pits safely on e-motor power. Ergo sum; I think fuel cells are the right way to go as they historically giver a bigger bang for the buck. Apollo 13, anyone?

For the Danes participating it was a frustrating race; The Corvette GTE-Pro of Jan Magnussen leading on the penultimate lap punctured and finished third. Our two other drivers in the GT-Pro class failed to finish although they had shown very good pace, and the car of our leading Danish lady of motorsport suffered a puncture and finished nowhere. In the LMP2 class our man finished second and third overall.

The next few days promise a continuation of the sunny weather but with considerably lower temperatures, as low as 19 C and more windy.

Jens C. Lindblad

Sent from my Desktop
#4365021 - 06/20/17 01:53 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
Jolly Roger Two Offline
Experten
Jolly Roger Two  Offline
Experten
Hotshot

Sims, NC,USA
Folks,

We have a rainy day in Dixie today. Overcast skies prevail at (:30 this Tuesday morning. The temp is 69°F. with 100% (gurgle, gurgle, humidity. There is a 3 mph wind from the SW. Visibility is reported to be 10m. Barometric pressure is 30.06in.

Jens,

Cheer up, there will be warmer days and many more races. Many more winners. A lot more losers too, it is true. It seems to me that Danes are a persistent lot. Tenacious and determined. Otherwise, the Norse would not have made it to the New World ahead of everyone else, eh? Of course, that was not so much a race as very serious business.

I found several more videos about the battle of Waterloo on YouTube yesterday. One starred Sean Bean of "Sharpe's Rifles fame and many other films including one "Bond" and one "Clancy" film. I have always liked him. He is a solid actor. That one comes in two parts and explores the battle through the soldier's pov. Another was the "Battlefield Detectives "Massacre at Waterloo" documentary. Both are well done.

#4365083 - 06/20/17 06:19 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
Jolly Roger Two Offline
Experten
Jolly Roger Two  Offline
Experten
Hotshot

Sims, NC,USA
Folks,

I spent some time online today looking at old photos of my hometown. Eventually, I came upon a photo of the old airport KRMT built back in the 30's. It was within easy biking distance from my home so |I spent a lot of time there mostly getting in the way and bothering the mechanics and pilots with questions. Yes, begging for rides too. I have some very good memories of that place, the planes, the smells the sounds. Especially the sounds of the engines. The father of a school chum of mine in elementary school worked there and kept me out of trouble.

That is all gone now, replaced by another airport KRWI just a few miles south but too far for most of today's kids to bike there. I was lucky in many ways to have grown up in the 50s. So many things were different then.

Then I found an interesting website with photos of abandoned and little-known airports. Old RMT was included. Below are two photos. One shows the "Eagle" Airport hanger and the other shows what happens to runways if you do not keep them well watered..... wink

Attached Files RockyMount_NC_hangar.jpgRockyMt_NC Old Airport_color_NE.jpg

#4365268 - 06/21/17 02:48 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
Jolly Roger Two Offline
Experten
Jolly Roger Two  Offline
Experten
Hotshot

Sims, NC,USA
Folks,

The morning is rainy. The cloudy sky shows no sign of clearing at 10:45.There is a 9mph wind coming from the SW and a humidity of 93%. The visibility reported is 10m.

“The ‘Hole’ Thing Was Just A Bloody Misunderstanding”

Any of you chaps besides Dux remember when Farmer Drubbins took Dux to court over his missing row boat?

It was a hot, stifling day. Olga talked Dux into going for a picnic down by Drubbins Lake. The weather was so humid when Dux spied the farmer’s row boat tied to a tree he suggested they take their hamper full of food out on the lake and anchor under the shade of some low hanging branches just on the other side. Olga agreed.

They were having a wonderful time rocking back an forth enjoying good food and good wine. Dux pulled their third bottle from the cool lake water where he had tied it by a long cord. The wine would be crisp and cold.

There wasn’t much food left by now. The chicken was a real mess, all bones and ribs left in a pile. There was half a potato and a crust of bread. Dux lay back and sipped his wine with one hand and patted his full stomach with the other. Olga was also feeling drowsy as she finished off the last drop of wine in her glass.

She let slip the rope holding them to a small tree on shore and they began to move slowly away from the shore of the lake. She lay back and let the rhythm of the ripples begin to hypnotically lull her to sleep. She was getting a bit tipsy. No, there had never been bottled a wine that could make Olga of Minsk even a tiny bit tipsy. However, the two full bottles of Trotsky’s vengeance Vodka she had drunk after breakfast and again after lunch sure did.

Olga yawned and noticed for the very first time that Dux had an extra head. As she looked about she saw there were two hampers instead of just the one. There were two of everything even that tool box the farmer had left in the bottom of the boat had two of each tool in it. Olga was fascinated. She watched the ripples multiply across the lake.

Then she noticed not only were there ripples on the lake but also in the bottom of the boat. It took her alcohol soaked brain a Moscow second to realize there was a leak in the boat....

Just as Dux was about to drift off to a dreamless sleep, there was a scream followed by several choice Russian expletives. Dux opened one eye and looked over at an agitated Olga who was pointing down at the bottom of the row boat while mumbling rather incoherently.

Without rousing from his comfortable position, Dux finally realized the problem. He was not overly concerned since he was a good swimmer. Dux suggested that Olga do something physically impossible even for Olga (who had tried that several times already and failed). Dux noticed a wooden bucket lying under a wooden seat. He suggested Olga look about and she’d find a way to get the water out. Then he closed his eye and soon he began snoring. What might she use to get the water out wondered Olga? Her eye overlooked the bucket and fell upon something else. Taking a tool from the farmer’s toolbox she used it with unexpected results. After a moment or two the boat completely filled with water and sank. Dux sank. The hamper filled with water and it sank. Olga was already filled so she sank.

Down went the boat to settle in the muck in the deepest part of the lake. Later at the Prince & Polecat, Olga made the gross and rather uncharitable comment that Dux floated to safety on his back without either waking up or exerting himself. According to the angry Olga, this was not surprising since it was well known that certain rather disgusting substance always floated. Dux retaliated by telling everyone a drunken Olga had tried to drown him.

Hearing of the quarrel the two had down at the pub, Farmer Drubbins contacted his solicitors Pole, Pattle and Rowe who took the two soggy sailors to court demanding payment for the lost boat.

Dux filed a counterclaim that the farmer’s boat was faulty and had therefore filled with water. His solicitors were the London firm of E. Tumm, Beenz & Fard. Olga pulled out a stack of Rubles and bought the estimable services of the firm of Lightum ,N. Hale, & Acoursekoff.

The trial was going pretty well for Dux and Olga for the first day but on the second day Drubbins had raised the boat from its watery grave and brought it to court where he showed the judge and jury the real reason his boat had sunk. Olga just glared her most blood-curdling glare at Dux first and then the same at Farmer Drubbins. Both men involuntarily cringed.

Olga was about to glare at the judge too when her chief solicitor intervened and the Lightum team huddled with Olga for an emergency conference. “May we approach the bench your honor?” asked Olga’s chief solicitor. The judge motioned in the affirmative. After but a moment's conference with the bewigged judge the solicitor went back to the table and smiled at Olga.

At that moment the courtroom audience was astonished to see the judge rap his gavel, clear his throat, and shout “Case dismissed!”. Even the usually unflappable Dux found his mouth had dropped wide open in amazement and so he shut it. Farmer Drubbins and his solicitors were in total shock.

Later on, when everyone convened at the P&P the trial was the topic of much conversation. Olga and Dux were celebrating with their respective solicitors. “The ‘hole’ thing was just a bloody misunderstanding”, said Dux smiling at Olga. Taking a large swig from his pint, Dux wiped his lips with his cuff and asked the question that was on everyone’s mind. “What, sir, did you say to the judge that caused him to dismiss the case?”

The solicitor stood on wobbly legs and addressed the lot seated around him. First, he indicated that he had taken the measure of the judge’s intelligence at the very beginning of the trial when he noticed that instead of a powdered wig on his head the judge had somehow placed on his pate a sleepy white Persian tomcat.

With that in mind, he had simply told the judge that what had saved their very lives from drowning was Olga drilling that hole in the boat with the farmer’s brace and bit which let all the water out. Olga’s face turned beet red and as everyone clapped she staggered to her feet and took a bow. She even smiled at Dux.

#4365327 - 06/21/17 07:56 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
Old Dux Offline
Hotshot
Old Dux  Offline
Hotshot

Derbyshire
Chaps,

Another masterly tale from our scribe-in-chief, JRT who possesses a better memory than I. Nevertheless, I remember that case if only for the fact that I had changed my legal representatives from Hunt, Brunt, Lunt & Cunningham because they had been taken over by another firm with unknown capability, Messrs. R. Sender, Ben Dover & Dick Guzinia.

Looks like the glorious spell is about to end as a fine drizzle started half an hour ago. Some rain forecast for tomorrow.

'Find your enemy and shoot him down - everything else is unimportant.'

Manfred von Richtofen
---------------------------

#4365331 - 06/21/17 08:44 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
Jolly Roger Two Offline
Experten
Jolly Roger Two  Offline
Experten
Hotshot

Sims, NC,USA
Folks,

Today the sun is directly overhead above the Tropic of Cancer. The Tropic of Cancer is also referred to as the Northern Tropic. This is currently 23°26′13.3″ (or 23.43702°) north of the Equator. It is the most northerly circle of latitude on Earth at which the Sun can be directly overhead.

This means today is the Summer Solstice as you probably are aware. Some portions of the earth will experience what is called "The Midnight Sun". It is plenty hot enough around here without the sun beating down at midnight thank you very much.

Dux:

Thank you, for both reading and commenting favorably. There were a lot of legal eagles in and around Studley Grange at that time. Possibly it was because of the RAF base. I usually preferred the well-known firm of Kanwee Cheetum & Howe for minor legal matters but there were several others believed to be about as good. Most have been mentioned in other recent recollections. I never tried (no pun intended) Nittwidt, Haffwidt, & Kluless but they were well regarded by some. Fawlty, Werthless & N. Ept were used by many as was the firm of Noegudd, Werthless, & Muddled. I'll try to remember the name of the firm that represented MG in that hit and run unicycle case. The plaintiff accused MG of striking him on the high street and causing great injury. It was true the man's legs were both in casts during the brief trial. However, MG's barrister got him off scott-free by proving the injured man hadn't a leg to stand on.

Sorry about the rain. The sun has peeped out here this afternoon but seems undecided if he will stay out or hide behind the clouds. perhaps the weather will improve soon and the fishing if not the singing on the beach will as well.

#4365333 - 06/21/17 08:49 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
oldgrognard Offline
Administrator
oldgrognard  Offline
Administrator
Lifer

USA
Another day of sweet blessed rain here. A very good day. A couple of us had a BBQ at the hangars and had invited other pilots from the area. Nice time and grilled animal parts followed by a few of us taking up our planes with passengers. We could see the brewing rain clouds so just a short jaunt out to the coast, bit of sightseeing and then back to the field.

BBQ, flying and then rain. Days like this make you happy to be alive

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Someday your life will flash in front of your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
#4365337 - 06/21/17 09:02 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
Jolly Roger Two Offline
Experten
Jolly Roger Two  Offline
Experten
Hotshot

Sims, NC,USA
Folks,

OG:

A wonderful way to start the summer. It beats the hell out of sitting in your room typing all day. I'd say it appears you have licked the drought situation. Your dancing even worked for us too. In fact, one more night of dancing and I suspect the whole East Coast might have been under water. wink

Last edited by Jolly Roger Two; 06/21/17 09:05 PM. Reason: Not enough consonants

#4365366 - 06/22/17 12:09 AM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
oldgrognard Offline
Administrator
oldgrognard  Offline
Administrator
Lifer

USA
Good evening Gentlemenses.

Just watched an episode of "Rehab Addict" on TV. Oh my. I have got a major crush on Nicole Curtis. Her looks just work for me. Plus she knows how to use power tools and can operate the medium sized construction equipment. Something about her looks, humor, abilities, etc just rings my bells.

I'm a dirty old man.

Nicole Curtis. Yuuuuummmmmm. Looks yummy.

Now pardon me while I go take a long shower.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Someday your life will flash in front of your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
#4365426 - 06/22/17 11:04 AM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
McGonigle Offline
Motorius Emeritus
McGonigle  Offline
Motorius Emeritus

Copenhagen, Denmark
Gents,

Showers are forecast and for some parts of the country, not here I hasten to add, thunderstorms and heavy rain.

Roger; A very unorthodox solution that Olga found to the problem regarding the overflowing boat I must say. I vaguely remember the case concerning the unfortunate episode with the unicycle which was lent to me by some enterprising fellow who was certain I'd make a big hit at the Circus that was in town at that time. The lawyers I used at the occasion came from the small, fairly unknown firm of Cunning-Lingus & Co. Never found out what or who the Co. were.

Jens C. Lindblad

Sent from my Desktop
#4365457 - 06/22/17 02:29 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
Jolly Roger Two Offline
Experten
Jolly Roger Two  Offline
Experten
Hotshot

Sims, NC,USA
Folks,
The temp this toasty southern morning is 77° and the humidity is 90%. We have a 7 mph wind from the SW and a visibility reported to be 10m. The barometric pressure is currently at 30.09 in.

MG:
Has no one told the Met office that it is also summer in Denmark? A time for warmer, drier weather I think. Maybe we can work out a trade? You send us your cooler weather and we’ll send you several weeks of our warmer... no, make that hot weather. Do not try to slip in any rainy days or we shall have to renegotiate...

I thought you would remember that time in court. When other kids your age were riding around on 3 wheelers you were precariously balancing on just one. I understand you were a favorite with the local feline population because your mom always packed a fish sandwich in your rucksack every morning. Your popularity with the neighborhood cats was, however, appreciably diminished when your mom switched to Limburger cheese sandwiches and you “accidentally" ran over a few cat tails.

#4365505 - 06/22/17 04:38 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
Jolly Roger Two Offline
Experten
Jolly Roger Two  Offline
Experten
Hotshot

Sims, NC,USA
Folks,

OG:

Ms. Curtis is indeed a lovely lady. Born in 1976 in Michigan, she is a producer and actress known for "Rehab Addict", (2010), "Home and Family",(2012) and Daryl's Restoration Over-Hall", 2014, and "Beach Flip", (2015). She has a son named Harper with ex-boyfriend Shane Maguire and another son named Ethan with ex-boyfriend Steve ?. You could be lucky, she may be in the market for another boyfriend. Doubtless many are called but few are chosen, however. Go for it.

#4365671 - 06/23/17 01:25 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
Jolly Roger Two Offline
Experten
Jolly Roger Two  Offline
Experten
Hotshot

Sims, NC,USA
Folks,

Even with gray skies and rain having fallen all morning we expect to see the 90s today. The temp at 9:00 is 80°F. the humidity is a drippy 82% and the visibility reported is 8m. The barometric pressure of 29.97 in, and apparently falling.

Looks to me like the rumors that summer is finally upon us are true. Now I hear there is to be a total eclipse of the sun coming in August. We could use more of those on these hottest of days. Remember that time when an eclipse was forecast? Dux had had a few too many at the P&P but demanded to watch the event. So Olga put some very dark glasses on him and shoved him out the door. They sat in lawn chairs out in front of their house as the appointed hour arrived. Dux had drifted off to sleep. When Olga realized he was sleeping and woke him it was already pitch dark. Dux couldn;t see his hand in front of his face, especially so with those dark glasses on.

Realizing he could not see, and completely forgetting about the eclipse, Dux concluded he had gone completely blind. By the time Olga had removed the glasses and convinced him he was not blind the eclipse was over and Dux was snoring peacefully again. The total eclipse will only be visible in the US so I guess Dux is safe in Wales from further trauma.

Page 516 of 608 1 2 514 515 516 517 518 607 608

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.