Hop To
#4364499 - 06/17/17 05:03 PM Sirius/XM Radio  
Weasel_Keeper Offline
SimHQ Forums Manager
Weasel_Keeper  Offline
SimHQ Forums Manager
Veteran

Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA
I'm starting to wish I had unlimited data for my phone so I could get a subscription to Pandora or another net radio service.

I've had Sirius/XM radio in two of my vehicles for probably 10 years or more and it used to be great because there was NO talking on the music channels...other than them saying what channel it was every once in awhile. Within the last couple of years they decided to have DJs on the music channels...and it sucks. I generally listen to "Lithium" which is the 90s Alt/Grunge channel. It blows when I'm rolling up to a stop light with the top down on my Jeep TJ and the volume is up because, well, it's a Jeep and you can't hear it otherwise, and a kick ass song just ended and then there's a female DJ in the morning who likes to sing (poorly) while she's talking about something dumb. So I'll change the channel to hopefully find a sweet classic rock song and there's another DJ talking on that channel. This is the reason I went to Sat radio, to get away from people talking when I want to only hear music. Grrrr.

The Lithium Facebook page always has people posting for them to fire the female and other DJs...but they don't.

I'm still going to keep the service because it is cool while traveling instead of having to search for new stations when one fades out. Just felt like having a little rant...lol.

"Cave Putorium!"
SoWW #2485
Beware the Weasel
#4364605 - 06/18/17 01:32 PM Re: Sirius/XM Radio [Re: Weasel_Keeper]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
That sucks, I remember XM being mostly commercial/nonsense free. We subscribed to XM with our then new 2008 Honda Element, it was fantastic for long trips (constantly driving from Jax, FL to Baton Rouge, LA, about 560 miles). Besides the music, we also enjoyed news, talk and comedy. Once we moved to BR it was no longer a necessity and so we killed it. Now I just use my Shuffle until the radio goes out one day, then I'll replace it with USB flash drive capability.

The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run
#4364865 - 06/19/17 06:44 PM Re: Sirius/XM Radio [Re: Weasel_Keeper]  
David Kennard Offline
David Kennard  Offline

Northern Virginia, USA
I so miss the original XM radio, the DJ's (on the shows that had DJ's like Webb WIlder & Mojo Nixons shows) never talked over the songs and it was mostly wall to wall music.
When Sirius radio got Stern I added a Sirius radio to my dash also, Sirius was terrible, the hardware was not even close to XM's and the DJ's pulled the ol' let's talk over a song right until the lyrics star which drives me nuts.
Once the writing was on the wall that Sterns addition was going to allow Sirius to buy XM and not the other way around which would have been way better I knew some great channels were going to be dropped and the Sisius format would spread over more of the music channels.
Still love Satellite radio though but I do spend a lot of time listening to "Dokken" channel on Pandora.

"I'm a hundred miles away son, ready to strike"

GPL Racing: Average Drivers Club

SimHQ Motorsports: SimHQ Motorsports

EVGA Z170 Classified K MB, Intel i7-6700K CPU, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW2 GPU, EVGA 850 G3 PSU, Bitfenix Dawn TG Case, Windows 10,
32gb T-Force Delta RGB DDR4 3600MHz Memory, 500gb WD Black SN750 NVMe Boot Drive

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.