Eastbourne, UK
Firewatch is incredible.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4362663 - 06/07/17 11:28 PM Re: GOG Summer Sale [Re: Coot]  
RossUK Online cowboy
RossUK  Online Cowboy

Eastbourne, UK
Originally Posted by Coot
Ditto with what Bib4 suggested. The Vanishing of Ethan Carter was going to be the first one I suggested. I love that game. Very, very beautiful with some problem solving/investigation and a very interesting story that keeps you guessing at whether its real or supernatural. I can't recommend it enough and its one of the finest looking, handcrafted environments I've ever seen in a game.

Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments A nice looking game with unique areas to explore and search for clues. An investigative, adventure game that is laid back and a very enjoyable game that I like to relax to. It even has sort of an interrogation mini-game and problem solving and I find its one of those titles that I can really get immersed in.

The Long Dark Its Early Access but it is excellent. The game is designed to have a sandbox mode(which is very enjoyable) and a soon to come single player story campaign.(should be released very soon) The art style and estetic is gorgeous. Simple but beautiful. It is a survival game but its not like those other grindy ones. This one is about the atmosphere and immersion. The surviving game play in this one is FUN first and foremost. The feelings of solitude and the unknown are almost surreal once you really get into it.

Homesick

INSIDE Another wow one I just finished. Its a platformer but there is no combat, only puzzles or brain teasers and this game is all about the atmosphere. The art style again is superb and the only way I know how to describe the aesthetic and animations is soft fluidity. Its unreal how it all works and play out. Truly surreal more than any I've listed so far. Its a masterfully crafted piece of software with visuals and audio working in beautiful and foreboding concert with one another.

Soma Wow. I love this game and yet at times it scares the crap of me too. There is no combat. Its experiential and a story that drives you to uncover the mystery of it all. The environment and atmosphere is awesome and it takes place at an under water base.

King's Quest

The Last Door

Speaking of interrogation, L.A. Noir is a gem of a game. Its not like the other Rockstar games where its all action. This game is all about late 1940s immersion into a Hollywood-esk noir story and world based on investigating crimes. Searching for clues and correctly questioning and interrogating suspects is the core game play with only a very little combat sprinkled in here and there. I'm still learning since 2010 on how the interrogation mechanism works. You really have to think and pay attention to detail. Walking around a fully period correct 1940s/50s L.A. in beautiful cars following a very well crafted narrative with dozens of different stories is excellent. I really wish developers would continue to explore these Dragnet type of games.

Kholat To be honest I have not finished it yet and have always had performance issues with it that has left me more than once annoyed but its such a great setting and interesting theme based off of the true Dyatlov Pass incident albeit with a heavy, supernatural emphasis.

Medusa's Labyrinth is free

ABZU Nice to relax to and a beautiful lite game. Controller strongly recommended though.

These I do not own yet but really want. They are currently on my wishlist and few aren't released yet:

Routine
Conarium
Obduction
The Solus Project
Adrift
Kona
The Cursed Forest
Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter
Morningstar: Descent to Deadrock
The Witness
Prominence
Shelter 1&2
Ether One
Quest for Infamy
NaissanceE
The Talos Principle
J.U.L.I.A.: Among the Stars
Syberia 3
35MM
event[0]
The Turing Test
What Remains of Edith Finch
The Town of Light
The Eyes of Ara
Ira
Old Man's Journey
The Fidelio Incident
Aporia: Beyond the Valley
Quern
Stories Untold
Aviary Attorney
Far-Out
Layers of Fear
POLLEN
Agatha Christie - The ABC Murders
Cradle
Stairs
Vernon's Legacy
Through the Woods
Sonder. Episode ONE
Ghost of a Tale
Left Alone
Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
Little Nightmares
The Order of the Thorne - The King's Challenge
The Park
Lethe - Episode One
Dead Secret
Among the Sleep
CAT Interstellar - I actually have this in early access but haven't played in awhile. It was pretty good day one and its been updated since then.

I cannot recommend Everybody's Gone to the Rapture enough mate......

#4362680 - 06/08/17 01:25 AM Re: GOG Summer Sale [Re: RossUK]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

Originally Posted by RossUK
Firewatch is incredible.

The visuals were amazing and the atomosphere was great but it was short and the second half of the story was pretty bland. Still, if its on sale for less than 10 bucks its a good game. I think the story took about 10hrs to go through and I wasnt going very fast. I'd love it if they did a DLC or something taking you back there. The atmosphere was amazing. It made me want to pick up a paper and find a ranger job!

#4362763 - 06/08/17 02:00 PM Re: GOG Summer Sale [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
kludger Offline
Hotshot
kludger  Offline
Hotshot

SE Pennsylvania, USA
Picked up a couple of oldies but goodies I have on DVD but prefer to have digitally:
Swat 3 $2.49
Swat 4 $5.99

i7-7700k@4.5ghz, GTX1080Ti,BenQ XL2420G-g-sync,Oculus Rift
#4362771 - 06/08/17 02:21 PM Re: GOG Summer Sale [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
sinner6 Offline
sinner6  Offline

Fort Worth,TX
I'm willing to go into crazy street preacher mode. For you, my friends, for you.

Seriously. This game is the crazy love child of Crusader: No Remorse, Mechwarrior, and Syndicate, directed by John Carpenter.
96% Overwhelmingly positive reviews. This game deserves your attention, for your sake.

https://www.gog.com/game/brigador

Steam: Sinner6
Uplay: Sinner76028
MWO: Sinner6
#4362825 - 06/08/17 06:33 PM Re: GOG Summer Sale [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

These United States of America
I cannot recommend Everybody's Gone to the Rapture enough mate......

Thanks Ross for the recommendation. I think that's on my list but I get confused as there's lots of them. Is that the one made by the Dear Esther folks? I still have yet to finish that one. Looks really good though. Does it have any puzzles?

@sinner Dang I didn't know John Carpenter was behind it. I looks really good. I saw a video recently where he was being interviewed about his love of games and how he shares that love with his son. Speaking of John Carpenter, there is an upcoming game over on Steam that looks pretty good called Distrust. There is a demo which I'm trying out and so far it has a really great atmosphere and theme reminiscent of The Thing.(Also a great game from 2002)

John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13

#4362827 - 06/08/17 06:42 PM Re: GOG Summer Sale [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
sinner6 Offline
sinner6  Offline

Fort Worth,TX
Coot: FIGURATIVELY...I'm just describing the aesthetic, which has you cast as a warcriming kool aid man smashing whole city blocks in the chaos of an uprising. The steam and gog user reviews nail it, I happened upon it via an article at Rock, Paper, Shotgun.

Steam: Sinner6
Uplay: Sinner76028
MWO: Sinner6
#4362881 - 06/09/17 01:56 AM Re: GOG Summer Sale [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

These United States of America
Ah I gotcha. Looks very cool and I like the art style and destruction.

John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13

#4363016 - 06/09/17 06:29 PM Re: GOG Summer Sale [Re: sinner6]  
kludger Offline
Hotshot
kludger  Offline
Hotshot

SE Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by sinner6
I'm willing to go into crazy street preacher mode. For you, my friends, for you.

Seriously. This game is the crazy love child of Crusader: No Remorse, Mechwarrior, and Syndicate, directed by John Carpenter.
96% Overwhelmingly positive reviews. This game deserves your attention, for your sake.

Thanks, it's been on my wishlist for a while, plan it to pick it up in the Steam summer sale in a couple of weeks (usually around 4th of July) thumbsup

i7-7700k@4.5ghz, GTX1080Ti,BenQ XL2420G-g-sync,Oculus Rift
#4363023 - 06/09/17 07:05 PM Re: GOG Summer Sale [Re: kludger]  
Bib4Tuna Offline
I will take you to Jabba
Bib4Tuna  Offline
I will take you to Jabba

NC, USA
Originally Posted by kludger
[... the Steam summer sale in a couple of weeks (usually around 4th of July) thumbsup

This year starts on June 22nd and ends July 5th. exitstageleft

#4363027 - 06/09/17 07:13 PM Re: GOG Summer Sale [Re: kludger]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
Originally Posted by kludger
Originally Posted by sinner6

Thanks, it's been on my wishlist for a while, plan it to pick it up in the Steam summer sale in a couple of weeks (usually around 4th of July) thumbsup

Too bad it isn't co-op. Kind of like Helldivers.

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
#4363067 - 06/09/17 10:46 PM Re: GOG Summer Sale [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

Im hoping for a good sale on R6 Siege. It is 40% off at uplay right now but I dont want to give them the full amount of money lol.

#4363290 - 06/11/17 08:28 PM Re: GOG Summer Sale [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
rezerekted Offline
rezerekted  Offline

Canada
I bought Alpha Centauri even though I already own the disk version.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Good F-35 Podcast
by RossUK. 04/08/24 09:02 AM
Gleda Estes
by Tarnsman. 04/06/24 06:22 PM
Food Safety and Bad Roommates
by KRT_Bong. 04/04/24 02:16 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.