Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#4362057 - 06/05/17 01:21 PM Fleeting Service/Low Production Machines you'd like to see someday?  
RAF28Jenks Offline
Barmy Aviator Ordinaire'
RAF28Jenks  Offline
Barmy Aviator Ordinaire'

Kentucky
Salute Gents!

As many of us, or at least myself biggrin , have daydreamed about seeing more machines coughing and belching around the WOFF engine skies, I was curious as to the general feeling on what might be a popular or sought after crate we'd love to have seen in a less than realistic world, where the Dev's have nothing better to do than continue to stoke the coals and produce content for WOFF indeffinetly hahaha.

I mean no disrespect, of course, nor question/challenge the decisions made by the devs while making comparisons to current machines offered in the sim. Curiously, I offer my interest in what I'd like to have seen in WOFF to see what others might offer from their insight/interest. I know this has been subject of debate before but I wanted to revive it now that WOFF has reached what we could say is it's pinnacle. For some measurable input, I have referenced Wikipedia, not as hard fact but as an observable medium between the comparisons taken, according to this source.

Perhaps spoiled by earlier incarnations of Flight sims', I will forever have my love and desire of the Morane-Saulnier N, despite it's actual impact. I suppose the competitor in looks / time period for early wing warpers would be the Bristol M1C / Variants.
A quick reference to Wikipedia claims a production # for the Saulnier N at 49 Machines produced. Being an Iconic and beautiful looking plane, it holds its place allbeit rudimentary as the first "fighter" with a forward firing gun through the propeller as we know using the steel wedges mounted to the rear of the prop. Roland Garros successfully downing several machines before experiencing a malfunction and force landing the machine in enemy territory which ultimately found its way to Anthony Fokker thus creating the next leap in technological development. A significant stepping stone in the evolution of aircraft, I feel as other machines represented by WOFF in this fashion, I wish she had found her place among their ranks.

I may be incorrect, but I believe the case made I recall reading time-to-time was that some basis for the choices made involved production numbers in what justified time and energy spent on content produced for the sim.
A few comparisons would be firstly the Halberstadt DII / DIII of which production #s listed were 65 / 50 respectively. Another observation of craft built in similar measure is the Albatros DI. According to Wiki, 50 machines including Pre-Series & the DI. I can see the mindset in these two's historical value in being represented as well being successful machines that led to years of evolution based on the designs in respect to the Albatros.

I think it would have been wonderful to see the Saulnier N over another variations in a line of machine development already represented. Again, humbly, with no disrespect.
Do you agree/disagree? Any other Bullet Lovers out there!?

While French Reconnaissance machines are represented in WOFF, I'd love to see the Caudron R4/R11/R12 variants. Production listed on Wiki R4 stopping @ 249 and R11 & on being around 370. interestingly the R4 is noted to have brought down 34 German planes in an eight week period while being used by Escadrille 46!
Another French workhorse that'd be a treat to have would be the Voisin series. Wiki listed one variation, the Voisin III, produced at over 1,350.

Just a few examples/ things I've dreamed about over the years.
In the meantime I suppose the closest fix i'll get for my Saulnier is to slap some british roundels on that Pfalz EI (modified Saulnier H) and Cruise the front hehe.

What underdog would you wish for?
Thanks for reading/Sharing!

RAF28Jenks
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
RBWL 3 - 2002

#4362060 - 06/05/17 01:31 PM Re: Fleeting Service/Low Production Machines you'd like to see someday? [Re: RAF28Jenks]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by RAF28Jenks
Salute Gents!

As many of us, or at least myself biggrin , have daydreamed about seeing more machines coughing and belching around the WOFF engine skies, I was curious as to the general feeling on what might be a popular or sought after crate we'd love to have seen in a less than realistic world, where the Dev's have nothing better to do than continue to stoke the coals and produce content for WOFF indeffinetly hahaha.

I mean no disrespect, of course, nor question/challenge the decisions made by the devs while making comparisons to current machines offered in the sim. Curiously, I offer my interest in what I'd like to have seen in WOFF to see what others might offer from their insight/interest. I know this has been subject of debate before but I wanted to revive it now that WOFF has reached what we could say is it's pinnacle. For some measurable input, I have referenced Wikipedia, not as hard fact but as an observable medium between the comparisons taken, according to this source.

Perhaps spoiled by earlier incarnations of Flight sims', I will forever have my love and desire of the Morane-Saulnier N, despite it's actual impact. I suppose the competitor in looks / time period for early wing warpers would be the Bristol M1C / Variants.
A quick reference to Wikipedia claims a production # for the Saulnier N at 49 Machines produced. Being an Iconic and beautiful looking plane, it holds its place allbeit rudimentary as the first "fighter" with a forward firing gun through the propeller as we know using the steel wedges mounted to the rear of the prop. Roland Garros successfully downing several machines before experiencing a malfunction and force landing the machine in enemy territory which ultimately found its way to Anthony Fokker thus creating the next leap in technological development. A significant stepping stone in the evolution of aircraft, I feel as other machines represented by WOFF in this fashion, I wish she had found her place among their ranks.

I may be incorrect, but I believe the case made I recall reading time-to-time was that some basis for the choices made involved production numbers in what justified time and energy spent on content produced for the sim.
A few comparisons would be firstly the Halberstadt DII / DIII of which production #s listed were 65 / 50 respectively. Another observation of craft built in similar measure is the Albatros DI. According to Wiki, 50 machines including Pre-Series & the DI. I can see the mindset in these two's historical value in being represented as well being successful machines that led to years of evolution based on the designs in respect to the Albatros.

I think it would have been wonderful to see the Saulnier N over another variations in a line of machine development already represented. Again, humbly, with no disrespect.
Do you agree/disagree? Any other Bullet Lovers out there!?

While French Reconnaissance machines are represented in WOFF, I'd love to see the Caudron R4/R11/R12 variants. Production listed on Wiki R4 stopping @ 249 and R11 & on being around 370. interestingly the R4 is noted to have brought down 34 German planes in an eight week period while being used by Escadrille 46!
Another French workhorse that'd be a treat to have would be the Voisin series. Wiki listed one variation, the Voisin III, produced at over 1,350.

Just a few examples/ things I've dreamed about over the years.
In the meantime I suppose the closest fix i'll get for my Saulnier is to slap some british roundels on that Pfalz EI (modified Saulnier H) and Cruise the front hehe.

What underdog would you wish for?
Thanks for reading/Sharing!

Ah yes... and when I used to express similar wishes to my grandmother, she would express the thought that "If if's and and's, were pots and pans, there would be no dirty dishes to wash"!!!

Last edited by Robert_Wiggins; 06/05/17 01:34 PM.

(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4

#4362064 - 06/05/17 01:50 PM Re: Fleeting Service/Low Production Machines you'd like to see someday? [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
RAF28Jenks Offline
Barmy Aviator Ordinaire'
RAF28Jenks  Offline
Barmy Aviator Ordinaire'

Kentucky
Originally Posted by Robert_Wiggins

Ah yes... and when I used to express similar wishes to my grandmother, she would express the thought that "If if's and and's, were pots and pans, there would be no dirty dishes to wash"!!!

Indeed! biggrin

RAF28Jenks
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
RBWL 3 - 2002

#4362065 - 06/05/17 01:54 PM Re: Fleeting Service/Low Production Machines you'd like to see someday? [Re: RAF28Jenks]  
Raine Online content
Raine  Online Content

New Brunswick, Canada
In the army when an officer was tasked with a secondary duty, that assignment was called an OPI. This clunky TLA (three letter acronym) stood for "Office of Principal Interest." But everyone I knew referred to it as "Only Person Interested." These are my OPI picks: the Maurice Farman Longhorn and Shorthorn, the FK8, and the Martinsyde Elephant.

While I don't hold my breath for any of these, I think a case could be made for the Dolphin to be included in a future expansion pack when the overworked and underpaid devs get a chance.

#4362069 - 06/05/17 02:14 PM Re: Fleeting Service/Low Production Machines you'd like to see someday? [Re: RAF28Jenks]  
Hermani Offline
Hermani  Offline

Aalter, Belgium
Great reading RAF28Jenks,
the Morane Bullet brings back memories to the days I played the original red baron back in my youth.
When you started your early career in that game you always began with that particular aircraft.
Would idd be great to fly that bird once again in this modern Woffue world.

For my personal wishes/thoughts about additional craft for this game, I think about 2 german 2-seaters.
The Albatros C-series and the Halberstadt CL.II
They served an important role for the German Lufstreitkrachte.

But I like Raine's suggestions also 🙂

Greetings Dieter

#4362082 - 06/05/17 03:08 PM Re: Fleeting Service/Low Production Machines you'd like to see someday? [Re: RAF28Jenks]  
MFair Offline
MFair  Offline

Robert, for a twist on your Grandmothers saying, if "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts we would all have a Merry Christmas.

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from either end.
BOC Member since....I can't remember!
#4362091 - 06/05/17 03:49 PM Re: Fleeting Service/Low Production Machines you'd like to see someday? [Re: MFair]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by MFair
Robert, for a twist on your Grandmothers saying, if "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts we would all have a Merry Christmas.

Ah, grandmothers! biggrin

(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4

#4362114 - 06/05/17 04:34 PM Re: Fleeting Service/Low Production Machines you'd like to see someday? [Re: RAF28Jenks]  
Hasse Offline
Hasse  Offline

The Belgian air service! biggrin

Oh you meant flying machines? Then I'll say the Pfalz D.XII and Roland D.VI.

"Upon my word I've had as much excitement on a car as in the air, especially since the R.F.C. have had women drivers."

James McCudden, Five Years in the Royal Flying Corps
#4362140 - 06/05/17 05:46 PM Re: Fleeting Service/Low Production Machines you'd like to see someday? [Re: RAF28Jenks]  
cptroyce Offline
cptroyce  Offline

Well..as my grandmother used to say, " Wouldn't you love to fly the Moraine Bullet in WOFF, sweetie?" ;>)

Last edited by cptroyce; 06/06/17 04:36 AM.
#4362142 - 06/05/17 05:52 PM Re: Fleeting Service/Low Production Machines you'd like to see someday? [Re: Hasse]  
dutch Offline
dutch  Offline

EURO-zone
Originally Posted by Hasse
The Belgian air service! biggrin

1+

#4362171 - 06/05/17 07:50 PM Re: Fleeting Service/Low Production Machines you'd like to see someday? [Re: Hasse]  
Hermani Offline
Hermani  Offline

Aalter, Belgium
[quote=Hasse]The Belgian air service! biggrin

Considering that I'm a Belgian, I cant agree more 🙂

#4362242 - 06/05/17 11:44 PM Re: Fleeting Service/Low Production Machines you'd like to see someday? [Re: MFair]  
Deacon211 Offline
Deacon211  Offline

Louisville, KY

Huh, my favorite was always. "If your mother had balls, she'd be your father".

My grandmother was not the source of this one. biggrin

#4362270 - 06/06/17 02:24 AM Re: Fleeting Service/Low Production Machines you'd like to see someday? [Re: Deacon211]  
ARUP Offline
ARUP  Offline

Kentucky
Originally Posted by Deacon211

Huh, my favorite was always. "If your mother had balls, she'd be your father".

My grandmother was not the source of this one. biggrin

Or she'd be your Uncle Daddy! I'm from Kentucky so can say these things to a fellow Kentuckian! Yee Haw! I'd be for a Roland Fighter! Aviatik D-I, Hansa Brandenberg KD Fighter and other ugly airplanes of the Ausrto-Hungarian/ Italian Front scenario would be just plain cool! I like the Pfalz rotary engined biplane and triplane fighters. AGO C types would be cool! Lastly... don't forget the Georges Nelis GN 2. What a funky flying machine!

#4362350 - 06/06/17 02:07 PM Re: Fleeting Service/Low Production Machines you'd like to see someday? [Re: RAF28Jenks]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
RAF_Louvert  Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man

L'Etoile du Nord

Ah yes, the old colloquialisms are still gold, and one that most likely, (and most unfortunately), fits the best in this situation would be, "If you wish in one hand and crap in the other just see which one fills up first."

Also, when it comes to adding new planes to WOFF, I agree with the popular sentiment here, make it all those of the "Aviation Militaire Belge".

[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.
"pippy-pahpah-pippy pah-pip-pah"

#4362371 - 06/06/17 03:23 PM Re: Fleeting Service/Low Production Machines you'd like to see someday? [Re: RAF28Jenks]  
Hellshade Online content
Hellshade
Hellshade  Online Content
Hellshade

Florida
I think all talk of new planes and WOLFF wishes is fine, but I expect very little while the devs focus their incredibly limited resources onto WOTR. personally, before they even added new planes I'm hoping they are able to walk back any SIM engine enhancements from WOTR back to WOFF. They mentioned something about high poly counts, better FM and DM, etc. That said, my wish is no closer to reality that anyone elses.

Flying Wings Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven & Hell II
videos at www.youtube.com/hellshade68

#4362385 - 06/06/17 04:05 PM Re: Fleeting Service/Low Production Machines you'd like to see someday? [Re: RAF28Jenks]  
dutch Offline
dutch  Offline

EURO-zone
Think OBD does not make the same mistake as 777 did.

#4362418 - 06/06/17 06:32 PM Re: Fleeting Service/Low Production Machines you'd like to see someday? [Re: RAF28Jenks]  
Rugbyfan1972 Offline
Rugbyfan1972  Offline

Lancashire, UK
Personally I would like to see them put all the missing aircraft that are missing from the current squadrons for the various countries into the game.

6 X USB 2.0 Ports
GeForce GTX 1080 Graphics Card 8GB VRAM
32GB Ram
Intel Core i7 7700K, Quad Core, 4.2GHz
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64 BIT
Gigabyte B85-HD3 Motherboard S1150
Intel stock cooler
5TB HDD
1.5 TB SATA-II HDD UDMA 300 7200 32MB
Corsair 850W
Samsung (SH-S223L) DVD +/- RW 22x (SATA)
Samsung (SH-D162D) 16x DVD-ROM Black (IDE)
Creative Audigy SE 7.1 (PCI)
Antec Twelve Hundred Black
#4362421 - 06/06/17 06:35 PM Re: Fleeting Service/Low Production Machines you'd like to see someday? [Re: Rugbyfan1972]  
Raine Online content
Raine  Online Content

New Brunswick, Canada
Originally Posted by Rugbyfan1972
Personally I would like to see them put all the missing aircraft that are missing from the current squadrons for the various countries into the game.

Yes!

#4362443 - 06/06/17 07:45 PM Re: Fleeting Service/Low Production Machines you'd like to see someday? [Re: RAF28Jenks]  
stljeffbb Offline
stljeffbb  Offline

Wisconsin USA
The Belgian air service!

Yes!! Would like to see at least the Hanriot HD.1, but substitutes or others would be fine for the Belgians by me...

YES!!!

WOFF:UE IMHO does a great job representing definitely over 50% of existing squads...probably higher percentage. But that end-of-squadron/end-of-career situation still exists (ex.: if you are posted in a squadron that suddenly disappears at a certain date, your career is over, hence the need to transfer before that happens!)...I suggest aeroplane substitutes (even though not historically correct) to solve some of those issues.

I second the Moraine-Sauliner N, and I would like to see rifles for some of the early Aviatik aeroplanes...I know this is (cough) like another WWI flight sim most of us know, but I would not mind being able to pull out a pistol as well charge

Regards,

Jeff

WOFF:UE Computer Specs and set-up:
Homebuilt Computer!
Intel i5-3570k mildly overclocked to 3.8ghz
AsRock Z75 mobo
Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB (EVGA one fan version)
16 GB RAM
42 inch Sharp Aquos LCD TV with 120hz refresh
Very old (over 20 years now) Aiwa Receiver/Amplifier
Very old giant stereo speakers with newer sub-woofer
Very old Logitech Wingman joystick with two buttons and a throttle slider
Very old CH Thurstmaster analog footpedals
Manhattan analog/USB converter
W10
#4362445 - 06/06/17 07:55 PM Re: Fleeting Service/Low Production Machines you'd like to see someday? [Re: Hellshade]  
JJJ65 Offline
JJJ65  Offline

Czech Rep.
Originally Posted by Hellshade
I think all talk of new planes and WOLFF wishes is fine, but I expect very little while the devs focus their incredibly limited resources onto WOTR. personally, before they even added new planes I'm hoping they are able to walk back any SIM engine enhancements from WOTR back to WOFF. They mentioned something about high poly counts, better FM and DM, etc. That said, my wish is no closer to reality that anyone elses.

+1
Limited resources - I think Pol is the only airplane (3D) modeller and working on WOTR I doubt he even have time to sleep.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM