Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4358460 - 05/20/17 06:31 PM What's the skinny?  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
So I'm shooting this Tripe, when I notice it has this zig-zag pattern on the fuselage and wonder who that is. I flip the labels on and it's TFN "Teddy" Gerrard.

[Linked Image]

I think to myself, "Hold on a minute. That name sounds familiar. Of course, he's a member of my squadron in my other career. But in my career he doesn't have that zig-zag pattern".

[Linked Image]

So what gives? I check the rest of my January 1917 RNAS-1 squad-members and sure enough none of them "wear" their personalized skin.
Now, the question is: what is the problem and how can I fix it? Obviously the skins are there but aren't used.

Back to my original pilot, the one that was shooting at "Teddy". He's in Jasta 18 - same time period. All the HA's have their personalized skins except Paul Strahle who should be sporting a white axe:

[Linked Image]

But instead is flying this:

[Linked Image]

Any help would be appreciated in resolving this terrible injustice.

Attached Files Teddy2.jpgTeddy1.jpgStrahle.jpgStrahle-bad.jpg

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."
#4358551 - 05/21/17 01:02 PM Re: What's the skinny? [Re: Fullofit]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Update: I've figured out what's wrong with Paul Strahle skin in Jasta 18. There is a space after "Paul" and before underscore. Removed it from the skin name and now it works. As to RNAS-1 boys, I'm still lost.

#4358559 - 05/21/17 02:45 PM Re: What's the skinny? [Re: Fullofit]  
Hermani Offline
Hermani  Offline

Aalter, Belgium
This is probably a coded mechanism in the game that only the devs can make adjustements to. I've also been trying to find a way to correct certain skin errors but without much succes. Would be handy If we could correct those small errors ourselves certainly if the skins are present in the campaignskins folder.

#4358563 - 05/21/17 03:38 PM Re: What's the skinny? [Re: Fullofit]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Hermani, I'm afraid you are correct. Hopefully the devs will see this and fix it in their spare time. Like after they're done with WoTR.

#4358715 - 05/22/17 03:15 PM Re: What's the skinny? [Re: Fullofit]  
ArisFuser Offline
ArisFuser  Offline

In my RNAS-1 career not even one of my squadron mates uses their 1917 skin available, sad but true.

#4358758 - 05/22/17 07:10 PM Re: What's the skinny? [Re: Fullofit]  
Hermani Offline
Hermani  Offline

Aalter, Belgium
I found the error causing the skins not to show by examing the offlog.txt file.
!!Friendly Ace Skin File could not be found: C:\OBDSoftware\WOFF\OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Campaigns\CampaignData\Skins\Off_off_tripe_ace_t_RNAS-1 1917_Richard P_Minifie.dds , attempting to use the default squadron skin instead! (Sopwith_Tripe_AC1)
!!Friendly Ace matching Squadron Skin File could not be found: C:\OBDSoftware\WOFF\OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Campaigns\CampaignData\Skins\OFF_off_tripe_t_1 RNAS.dds , the default aircraft skin will be used instead! (Sopwith_Tripe_AC1)
!!Friendly Ace Skin File could not be found: C:\OBDSoftware\WOFF\OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Campaigns\CampaignData\Skins\Off_off_tripe_ace_t_RNAS-1 1917_Forster_Maynard.dds , attempting to use the default squadron skin instead! (Sopwith_Tripe_AC2)
!!Friendly Ace matching Squadron Skin File could not be found: C:\OBDSoftware\WOFF\OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Campaigns\CampaignData\Skins\OFF_off_tripe_t_1 RNAS.dds , the default aircraft skin will be used instead! (Sopwith_Tripe_AC2)
!!Friendly Ace Skin File could not be found: C:\OBDSoftware\WOFF\OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Campaigns\CampaignData\Skins\Off_off_tripe_ace_t_RNAS-1 1917_Roderic S 'Bregeut'_Dallas.dds , attempting to use the default squadron skin instead! (Sopwith_Tripe_AC3)
!!Friendly Ace matching Squadron Skin File could not be found: C:\OBDSoftware\WOFF\OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Campaigns\CampaignData\Skins\OFF_off_tripe_t_1 RNAS.dds , the default aircraft skin will be used instead! (Sopwith_Tripe_AC3)
!!Friendly Ace Skin File could not be found: C:\OBDSoftware\WOFF\OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Campaigns\CampaignData\Skins\Off_off_tripe_ace_t_RNAS-1 1917_Cyril Askew_Eyre.dds , attempting to use the default squadron skin instead! (Sopwith_Tripe_AC4)
!!Friendly Ace matching Squadron Skin File could not be found: C:\OBDSoftware\WOFF\OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Campaigns\CampaignData\Skins\OFF_off_tripe_t_1 RNAS.dds , the default aircraft skin will be used instead! (Sopwith_Tripe_AC4)
!!Friendly Ace Skin File could not be found: C:\OBDSoftware\WOFF\OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Campaigns\CampaignData\Skins\Off_off_tripe_ace_t_RNAS-1 1917_Thomas Grey_Culling.dds , attempting to use the default squadron skin instead! (Sopwith_Tripe_AC5)
!!Friendly Ace matching Squadron Skin File could not be found: C:\OBDSoftware\WOFF\OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Campaigns\CampaignData\Skins\OFF_off_tripe_t_1 RNAS.dds , the default aircraft skin will be used instead! (Sopwith_Tripe_AC5)
!!Friendly Ace Skin File could not be found: C:\OBDSoftware\WOFF\OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Campaigns\CampaignData\Skins\Off_off_tripe_ace_t_RNAS-1 1917_Ernest W_Norton.dds , attempting to use the default squadron skin instead! (Sopwith_Tripe_SQ2)
!!Friendly Ace matching Squadron Skin File could not be found: C:\OBDSoftware\WOFF\OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Campaigns\CampaignData\Skins\OFF_off_tripe_t_1 RNAS.dds , the default aircraft skin will be used instead! (Sopwith_Tripe_SQ2)
!!Friendly Ace Skin File could not be found: C:\OBDSoftware\WOFF\OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Campaigns\CampaignData\Skins\Off_off_tripe_ace_t_RNAS-1 1917_T F N 'Teddy'_Gerrard.dds , attempting to use the default squadron skin instead! (Sopwith_Tripe_QC1)

There is an extra OFF in the skin name , normally there is only off_tripe_t and so on. Must be a database typo.

You can try changing the file names in your skinsfolder to show them in your squad but if you fly a german career you better change it back because from your first post if you flying for germany the skin do display correctly.

Hope this helps.
Greetings Dieter

Last edited by Hermani; 05/22/17 07:12 PM.
#4358785 - 05/22/17 09:13 PM Re: What's the skinny? [Re: Hermani]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by Hermani
I found the error causing the skins not to show by examing the offlog.txt file.
!!Friendly Ace Skin File could not be found: C:\OBDSoftware\WOFF\OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Campaigns\CampaignData\Skins\Off_off_tripe_ace_t_RNAS-1 1917_Richard P_Minifie.dds , attempting to use the default squadron skin instead! (Sopwith_Tripe_AC1)
!!Friendly Ace matching Squadron Skin File could not be found: C:\OBDSoftware\WOFF\OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Campaigns\CampaignData\Skins\OFF_off_tripe_t_1 RNAS.dds , the default aircraft skin will be used instead! (Sopwith_Tripe_AC1)
!!Friendly Ace Skin File could not be found: C:\OBDSoftware\WOFF\OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Campaigns\CampaignData\Skins\Off_off_tripe_ace_t_RNAS-1 1917_Forster_Maynard.dds , attempting to use the default squadron skin instead! (Sopwith_Tripe_AC2)
!!Friendly Ace matching Squadron Skin File could not be found: C:\OBDSoftware\WOFF\OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Campaigns\CampaignData\Skins\OFF_off_tripe_t_1 RNAS.dds , the default aircraft skin will be used instead! (Sopwith_Tripe_AC2)
!!Friendly Ace Skin File could not be found: C:\OBDSoftware\WOFF\OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Campaigns\CampaignData\Skins\Off_off_tripe_ace_t_RNAS-1 1917_Roderic S 'Bregeut'_Dallas.dds , attempting to use the default squadron skin instead! (Sopwith_Tripe_AC3)
!!Friendly Ace matching Squadron Skin File could not be found: C:\OBDSoftware\WOFF\OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Campaigns\CampaignData\Skins\OFF_off_tripe_t_1 RNAS.dds , the default aircraft skin will be used instead! (Sopwith_Tripe_AC3)
!!Friendly Ace Skin File could not be found: C:\OBDSoftware\WOFF\OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Campaigns\CampaignData\Skins\Off_off_tripe_ace_t_RNAS-1 1917_Cyril Askew_Eyre.dds , attempting to use the default squadron skin instead! (Sopwith_Tripe_AC4)
!!Friendly Ace matching Squadron Skin File could not be found: C:\OBDSoftware\WOFF\OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Campaigns\CampaignData\Skins\OFF_off_tripe_t_1 RNAS.dds , the default aircraft skin will be used instead! (Sopwith_Tripe_AC4)
!!Friendly Ace Skin File could not be found: C:\OBDSoftware\WOFF\OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Campaigns\CampaignData\Skins\Off_off_tripe_ace_t_RNAS-1 1917_Thomas Grey_Culling.dds , attempting to use the default squadron skin instead! (Sopwith_Tripe_AC5)
!!Friendly Ace matching Squadron Skin File could not be found: C:\OBDSoftware\WOFF\OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Campaigns\CampaignData\Skins\OFF_off_tripe_t_1 RNAS.dds , the default aircraft skin will be used instead! (Sopwith_Tripe_AC5)
!!Friendly Ace Skin File could not be found: C:\OBDSoftware\WOFF\OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Campaigns\CampaignData\Skins\Off_off_tripe_ace_t_RNAS-1 1917_Ernest W_Norton.dds , attempting to use the default squadron skin instead! (Sopwith_Tripe_SQ2)
!!Friendly Ace matching Squadron Skin File could not be found: C:\OBDSoftware\WOFF\OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Campaigns\CampaignData\Skins\OFF_off_tripe_t_1 RNAS.dds , the default aircraft skin will be used instead! (Sopwith_Tripe_SQ2)
!!Friendly Ace Skin File could not be found: C:\OBDSoftware\WOFF\OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields\Campaigns\CampaignData\Skins\Off_off_tripe_ace_t_RNAS-1 1917_T F N 'Teddy'_Gerrard.dds , attempting to use the default squadron skin instead! (Sopwith_Tripe_QC1)

There is an extra OFF in the skin name , normally there is only off_tripe_t and so on. Must be a database typo.

You can try changing the file names in your skinsfolder to show them in your squad but if you fly a german career you better change it back because from your first post if you flying for germany the skin do display correctly.

Hope this helps.
Greetings Dieter

My skins folder does not have the "Off_off" naming problem. Mine only has the single "off" in the name. I suspect something wrong with your install, unless everyone else has the same as you.

Best Regards;

(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4

#4358788 - 05/22/17 09:37 PM Re: What's the skinny? [Re: Fullofit]  
Hermani Offline
Hermani  Offline

Aalter, Belgium
Hi Robert,

the problem is not in our skinsfolder, mine are also correct.

The problem is that If you fly in that particular squad, the game database searches for the wrong files.

I did not test it yet if you fly at german side like fullofit did.
But I assume that process works as it should.

Dont ask me why, but I think it's some little database error.
Maybe the Devs or someone with programming knowledge can further comment on this.

Greetings

#4358796 - 05/22/17 10:44 PM Re: What's the skinny? [Re: Fullofit]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Thanks for investigating Hermani. It's definitely something for the devs to go on.

#4358807 - 05/23/17 12:21 AM Re: What's the skinny? [Re: Hermani]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by Hermani
Hi Robert,

the problem is not in our skinsfolder, mine are also correct.

The problem is that If you fly in that particular squad, the game database searches for the wrong files.

I did not test it yet if you fly at german side like fullofit did.
But I assume that process works as it should.

Dont ask me why, but I think it's some little database error.
Maybe the Devs or someone with programming knowledge can further comment on this.

Greetings

thumbsup

(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4

#4360299 - 05/30/17 06:11 PM Re: What's the skinny? [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
Shredward Offline
Shredward  Offline

Lake Louise, AB Canada
I've checked the datafiles, and the nomenclature is identical through all the Naval Tripe squadrons. Ditto for the skin names.
Cheers,
shredward

We will remember them.
#4360360 - 05/30/17 11:17 PM Re: What's the skinny? [Re: Fullofit]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Shredward, skin names may be correct and they show up correctly when you're not flying for RNAS-1, but WOFF is looking for the double "OFF" in front of it when flying for RNAS-1, just like the log in Hermani's post earlier. Try flying an RNAS-1 career mission in January 1917 and see if any of HA's have their skins.

#4360847 - 05/31/17 07:43 PM Re: What's the skinny? [Re: Fullofit]  
Shredward Offline
Shredward  Offline

Lake Louise, AB Canada
Investigating further.
Cheers,
shredward

We will remember them.
#4360869 - 05/31/17 10:39 PM Re: What's the skinny? [Re: Fullofit]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Thank you for your time Shredward!

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.