Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#4375233 - 08/18/17 07:35 PM Re: VEAO Halting Release Of New Modules [Re: theOden]  
Genbrien Offline
Stick to the plan man!
Genbrien  Offline
Stick to the plan man!

Quebec, Canada
Originally Posted by theOden

seeing how they fail so hard with the Hawk, a frigging trainer.

imagine if they were doing the T-45....

XBL/PSN/others: genbrien
Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Samsung 23'' 1920*1080
CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz Keyboard: Logitech G15
GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: G700s
PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saitek X55, TrackIr5
RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr2 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz
Case: Cooler Master 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4375242 - 08/18/17 07:54 PM Re: VEAO Halting Release Of New Modules [Re: *Striker*]  
Art_J Offline
Art_J  Offline

Warsaw, Poland
I was really looking forward to flying their Spit XIV in SEAC colours... Oh well, maybe in the "other platform", if ever biggrin

#4375319 - 08/19/17 09:13 AM Re: VEAO Halting Release Of New Modules [Re: Genbrien]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Originally Posted by Genbrien
update on their Fb page

Following a shareholders meeting with our investors this week, development of modules for DCS was high on the agenda amongst other business development items.
Following the recent activity in regards to contract renewals for specific aircraft modules we were in the process of developing and heavily invested in, the following conclusions were made regarding moving forward with DCS module development:
DCS will no longer be our primary development platform.
That said; we are committed to getting Hawk out of early access and released as soon as possible. This will involve updated PBR cockpit textures, bug fixes for major systems, bugs recorded internally with ED and any found with future DCS patches as ongoing maintenance.
Development of P-40F for DCS will resume but will not take precedence of development over other platforms. We maintain that we do not expect to release P-40F prior to 2.5 and a release schedule will be confirmed when the module is ready for beta.
When P-40F is ready for review in DCS; we will, as previously agreed with TFC arrange an acceptance demonstration with a view of releasing the aircraft to you, the public.
Development work on our other aircraft will no longer continue for DCS.
If, at a suitable time, we however convert these assets for DCS we will confirm this in due course when the aircraft is ready for release, not during its development cycle.
Chris and I along with the entire VEAO family appreciate the support of the DCS Community during this time and continuing into the future of our modules in DCS world.
Pete

and officially at ED https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3224759&postcount=1

I knew it was bound to happen, I even mentioned this numerous times last year with my review of the hawk in these very forums. Now to see the Hawk moved to the Mods section like the CTD Hornet all those years back

as a side note, good to see many satisfied customers happy with this decision in the thread like this fine gent https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3225019&postcount=30 who basically sums up every consumer's thought on the situation.

Edit: I am still waiting for that airshow Chris, perhaps now I need to invest into p3d to see that happen when the hawk is finally out of Early Access eh? VEAO has always been a laughing stock in the DCS world.....Pity you did not take on board my gripes back when I reviewed you P.O.S waste of bandwidth last year.

Last edited by Winfield; 08/19/17 09:36 AM.
#4375320 - 08/19/17 09:39 AM Re: VEAO Halting Release Of New Modules [Re: Genbrien]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Originally Posted by Genbrien
Originally Posted by theOden

seeing how they fail so hard with the Hawk, a frigging trainer.

imagine if they were doing the T-45....

Imagine if they did not release anything under the VEAO banner.....better still, imagine if ED themselves had far stricter 3rd party developer measures in place all those years ago and not handed out licenses to 'mates of Matt Wagner'

So does this mean I can get unbanned from the ED forums since I was right with my comments the entire time Skate? By the way.....how is the search for Carmen Sandiego going since you so kindly offered your opinion on the bugs in question which I pointed out numerous times in my hawk review?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3224934&postcount=24

#4375368 - 08/19/17 04:45 PM Re: VEAO Halting Release Of New Modules [Re: *Striker*]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
I think ED can't really be stricter with anyone knowing their track record.... they may BS us customers but I doubt 3rd-party devs, people who do this for a living and whose livelihood depends on it have much less tolerance for BS.

- Ice
#4375465 - 08/20/17 12:16 PM Re: VEAO Halting Release Of New Modules [Re: *Striker*]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
I did not see it mentioned - so I guess the F-14B Tomcat module that they were developing is also cancelled, they haven't released any screenshots of it for a long time.

#4375502 - 08/20/17 06:14 PM Re: VEAO Halting Release Of New Modules [Re: Tom_Weiss]  
Genbrien Offline
Stick to the plan man!
Genbrien  Offline
Stick to the plan man!

Quebec, Canada
Originally Posted by Tom_Weiss
I did not see it mentioned - so I guess the F-14B Tomcat module that they were developing is also cancelled, they haven't released any screenshots of it for a long time.

the Tomcat was not made by VEAO

it's made by Heatblur

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

XBL/PSN/others: genbrien
Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Samsung 23'' 1920*1080
CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz Keyboard: Logitech G15
GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: G700s
PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saitek X55, TrackIr5
RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr2 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz
Case: Cooler Master 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb
#4375521 - 08/20/17 08:54 PM Re: VEAO Halting Release Of New Modules [Re: *Striker*]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
OK.

#4376258 - 08/25/17 12:10 AM Re: VEAO Halting Release Of New Modules [Re: *Striker*]  
GrayGhost Offline
Hotshot
GrayGhost  Offline
Hotshot

Heatblur is on the ball with the Tomcat, don't worry about it.

--
44th VFW
#4376433 - 08/26/17 10:05 AM Re: VEAO Halting Release Of New Modules [Re: *Striker*]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
The sooner these clowns close up shop the better.

#4376458 - 08/26/17 03:29 PM Re: VEAO Halting Release Of New Modules [Re: GrayGhost]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
Originally Posted by GrayGhost

You'll have to excuse me for not believing anything that anyone involved with ED says. Apparently there is a test team that are supposedly there to identify bugs before releasing products into the public domain however the most obvious show-stopping bugs slip through the door every time, or bugs and glitches that prevent download or even game launch.

Have ED or 3rd parties ever been 'on the ball'. I struggle to recall a single example.

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
#4376519 - 08/27/17 02:41 AM Re: VEAO Halting Release Of New Modules [Re: Paradaz]  
GrayGhost Offline
Hotshot
GrayGhost  Offline
Hotshot

Originally Posted by Paradaz

You'll have to excuse me for not believing anything that anyone involved with ED says.

Don't worry, I don't have much reason to believe anything you say either. smile

--
44th VFW
#4376523 - 08/27/17 05:34 AM Re: VEAO Halting Release Of New Modules [Re: GrayGhost]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

You'll have to excuse me for not believing anything that anyone involved with ED says.

Ah, yes... the classic "let's bring this down to a personal level" tactic. Well played!

- Ice
#4376540 - 08/27/17 02:26 PM Re: VEAO Halting Release Of New Modules [Re: GrayGhost]  
Johnny_Redd Offline
Johnny_Redd  Offline

Hmmmm, if Paradaz told you the sky was green with pink polka dots it really doesnt matter unless he was trying to sell you the sky. Paradaz isnt selling you anything. He's offering his opinions, you can take them or leave them. I take them as mine are pretty much the same. you can fact check anything paradaz has said and come back here and call him out or sit with your fingers in your ears. ED and their 3rd parties, on the other hand, are selling their wares. If folk want to call them out on their bungled releases, missed releases and anything else that shows their complete incompetence they can, they've paid the entry fee. You can fact check or you can sit with your fingers in your ears. Until DCS gets its $hit together and starts to show some semblance of competence the criticism and call outs will continue. Folk work hard for their money. If DCS takes my money they had better be working hard for it. From what I see, they're not. No one from wags down to the testers are working hard for my money. And like Paradaz, I do not believe anything that anyone involved with ED says because their track record is there for all to see.

DCS Kickstarter
Wags July 2014 "In this July 2014 update, the primary news is in regards to the restructured backer rewards. After a careful review of the older system under RRG, we found it financially unattainable."
Wags October 2017 "the investment vs. generated revenue has been excellent for the World War II aircraft. In fact, the P-51D Mustang has twice the cost effectiveness of the A-10C Warthog."
#4377503 - 09/02/17 10:18 AM Re: VEAO Halting Release Of New Modules [Re: - Ice]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
they're blinded by ignorance and military contracts that bankroll the losses and waste of resources in their desktop development and products.

Originally Posted by Ice
Again, I ask --- what recent product(s) do they have that have come from military contracts?

VEAO had high hopes selling the Hawk off to the RAF for use in training pilots. What a flop that was....

Just like that heap of crap in the video above that did the rounds a few times in the forums but got no where.

Originally Posted by a load of crap
Our development program consists of creating realistic aircraft and environments they fly in and our current development plan includes the BAE Hawk T.1A Trainer, Eurofighter Typhoon, classic WWII War Birds amongst many jet and prop aircraft.

Our products have been showcased to the public at various air shows and events around the UK and Europe over the past several years and we have also created solutions for leading aerobatic teams such as the Breitling Jet Team which toured South East Asia in 2013. In 2009 and 2010 we created a solution for the Royal Air Force recruitment team in conjunction with BAE Systems for the Waddington International Air show.

The team consists of project managers, 3D modellers, texture artists, animators, sound mechanics, advanced flight mechanics programmers and advanced systems modelling programmers.

Source: Crap

Interesting how the words posted on the website differs to what has been put into practice......pretty much sums up the company as a whole.....words spoken, written to ED\TFC contradict what has been produced over the last 7 years by this flopveloper

Anyone remember when these VEAO clowns crapped on about maps? the "Mach Loop" for example? perhaps with all the project managers, 3D modellers, texture artists, animators and sound mechanics these clowns say they have, yet announced no other aircraft to be released in DCS world. Perhaps they should focus their time on releasing new maps as it is quite obvious they have no idea how to code 1 single aircraft correctly.

I'd like to see ED\TFC employ their next 3rd party developer as one that just releases new maps, not aircraft or campaigns.....just maps.

#4377593 - 09/02/17 11:36 PM Re: VEAO Halting Release Of New Modules [Re: *Striker*]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

They can't even sell the Hawk to regular consumers.... maybe the RAF or the Red Arrows has much, much lower requirements?

- Ice
#4377763 - 09/04/17 02:09 PM Re: VEAO Halting Release Of New Modules [Re: *Striker*]  
straycat Offline
straycat  Offline

I feel it is great news that VEAO is failing.
Back in late 2014 I mentioned the texture quality being an issue. Then in 2015 I said it again:
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=136147&page=11

Ok just going to say it. The texturing attempt is very bad. Whoever is texturing that thing, is not a professional texture artist. He is struggling very hard with basic metal representation and the metal with supposedly slightly used metal looks like marble. My guess is VEAO did not even plan to get a professional artist and went for "hey I know how to use photoshop, Ill just read on some tutorials on how to make a base texture with render clouds!"

It's a bit embarrassing for VEAO and for ED too because one would expect out of the box topshelf quality in texture as we are seeing from ED, BELSIMTEK and LEATHERNECK. Is there no quality assurance at ED to keep all 3rd party modules on a certain level of visual quality. The hawk texture is far below what I would consider a standard established in DCS.

Also this is not about supporting a new developer. They are asking the same money like other developers (with 10$ off because of the flight model difference) so we can expect the same quality. Why do we get a mig21, or mig15 soon out of the box with topshelf texture quality, full flight model. Meanwhile from VEAO and to some extent aviodev we get "we are trying so hard but we are not done yet!" If your texture and flight model are not yet up to the expect quality level, THEN DONT OFFER the beta sale this early.

And as for the hawk texture itself, it is not the cockpit being bland in real life, its the skill of the texture artist making it look this bad. Compare it to the sabre screenshot above, it has bland metal surfaces all over it,yet it is masterfully painted.
What worries me is that VEAO is the 3rd party with a huge amount of modules announced, yet they are not able to deliver anything visually convincing.

Belsimtek never talks on the forums, they just bring out new modules which are sort of on time and legendary in quality, texture, flight model. No excuses, no explanations how hard they try.

So, I would like to suggest for VEAO to get their act together and hire a texture artist who knows what he is doing.

That was followed by a barrage of moderator warnings, bans, the developers calling me rude.
What was rude is ED and VEAO charging 50$ for a broken piece of trash that would never live up to DCS standards.

It freels great to see these fool fail now. They tried to get away with making some quick cash, failed to deliver.
What the hell was ED thinking letting these idiots make a module.

And they do not have "shareholders" and "military contracts". If they would deliver quality this #%&*$# they would have been fired from their contract instantly. All they did was write big press releases and give themselves titles like "consumer products manager" as if they are a large company with different divisons.

My guess about their business model was that there are 2 guys "in charge" with no clue about programmin or game development who hired some 3rd rate developers to create the plane for them. Of course this imploded and they then blamed their employees who they hired for #%&*$# pay for not being up to the task.

Last edited by straycat; 09/04/17 02:16 PM.
#4377784 - 09/04/17 04:36 PM Re: VEAO Halting Release Of New Modules [Re: straycat]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted by straycat
give themselves titles like "consumer products manager" as if they are a large company with different divisons.

I always find this bit funny... like the head janitor being Managing Director of Waste Relocation and Disposal Operations. smile

- Ice
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.