Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#4366614 - 06/28/17 07:55 PM Re: VEAO Halting Release Of New Modules [Re: ST0RM]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
Originally Posted by ST0RM
I simply dont see that. Most simmers are kids or pretty close. This is evident in the public servers where they SPAMRAAM everything in sight and/or buzz the runway at full blower. They'll buy anything new and shiny.
The hardcore group is rather small and stays within their own circles. They specifically fly one or two types and are smarter with their purchases.

I was simply speculating. Your statement seems to be delivered with more conviction. Is there any evidence for this outside of their behaviors of SPAMRAAM (cool term btw!! biggrin ) and buzzing the tower? I'll have you know that I'll be doing the latter very often once the Hornet and/or Tomcat comes out, so airfield recklessness isn't really a metric for age group wink

As for Nevada and your impression of it being a training grounds only. What is the difference between it and the Caucasus map? Or Normandy? Its another place to fly.

Wasn't the Caucasus map supposed to be where sh!t is supposed to hit the fan if Mother Russia decided she wanted more territory? Obviously, Normandy is the site for that pew-pew action so many decades ago.... So we can go to either map and "pretend" stuff that we thought would happen but hasn't happened is now actually happening. What about Nevada? Is the People's Republic of California declaring war on the peaceful citizens of the Democratic Regime of Arizona? Is the United Counties of Utah rekindling old hatreds towards the People's Republic of California?

None of them are populated with AI units or targets. And without, they all are sterile until they get life.

The same will be for Hormuz in 2020. Just an empty map until the AI gets dropped in.

To be fair, the maps are sterile even with AI units smile

- Ice
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4366616 - 06/28/17 08:01 PM Re: VEAO Halting Release Of New Modules [Re: *Striker*]  
ST0RM Offline
ST0RM  Offline

Ten Mile, Tn
@Ice. LOL

California would run to it's safe place and get rolled.

No worries, glad you liked the SPAMRAAM term. Cant claim it, but sure love to reuse it.

#4366617 - 06/28/17 08:03 PM Re: VEAO Halting Release Of New Modules [Re: *Striker*]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Oh, SPAMRAAM is much, much better than the old term "Air Quake"!!

- Ice
#4366624 - 06/28/17 08:49 PM Re: VEAO Halting Release Of New Modules [Re: *Striker*]  
Dondy Offline
Dondy  Offline

Germany
The P-40 refund link is dead. Was there some sort of deadline for the refund? I haven't read any ...

In memory of the JaboG34 "Allgäu" Memmingen 1959-2003
Last take-off: 17.12.2002 10:06am

Legends may sleep but they'll never die
#4366630 - 06/28/17 09:37 PM Re: VEAO Halting Release Of New Modules [Re: *Striker*]  
leaf_on_the_wind Offline
leaf_on_the_wind  Offline

Quick question

On the ED forums The VEAO guy Ells228 has a link to the refund policy -> http://www.veaosimulations.co.uk/refunds

Does this work for anyone ?

Last edited by leaf_on_the_wind; 06/28/17 09:38 PM.

Ferengi Rule of acquisition #1 Once you have their money ... never give it back.

#4366632 - 06/28/17 09:48 PM Re: VEAO Halting Release Of New Modules [Re: *Striker*]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

It did bring me to their refund page.... but as I've not bought anything from them, I have no way of testing their refund policy. Thankfully. smile

- Ice
#4366649 - 06/28/17 11:43 PM Re: VEAO Halting Release Of New Modules [Re: *Striker*]  
SlipBall Offline
disillusioned
SlipBall  Offline
disillusioned

East Coast U.S.A.
A very disappointing experience...we don't live for ever and the clock is ticking old_simmer

Post composed with speech to text, it woks grape!

Clod
OEM screenshots & videos of Eu release..So I fly the original game because I am a off-liner and the game's AI was broken after the last good patch, game version 1.0.13954
GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
#4366678 - 06/29/17 03:24 AM Re: VEAO Halting Release Of New Modules [Re: - Ice]  
SlipBall Offline
disillusioned
SlipBall  Offline
disillusioned

East Coast U.S.A.

Originally Posted by - Ice
I agree, Daz... however, the point I'm making is while they may have made money from military contracts IN THE PAST, I don't think that is true today and they're having to rely more on their commercial side to keep the company afloat, hence the week-after-week-after-week of sales and bundle promos. I don't think they have any recent work that is derived from a military contract, therefore, they have not had "military funds".

The impreshion that I get, is that ED is only interested in covering monthly payroll, and taking some profit monies each month, hence the frequent...on sale

Clod
OEM screenshots & videos of Eu release..So I fly the original game because I am a off-liner and the game's AI was broken after the last good patch, game version 1.0.13954
GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
#4366689 - 06/29/17 04:50 AM Re: VEAO Halting Release Of New Modules [Re: SlipBall]  
Johnny_Redd Offline
Johnny_Redd  Offline

Originally Posted by SlipBall

I agree, Daz... however, the point I'm making is while they may have made money from military contracts IN THE PAST, I don't think that is true today and they're having to rely more on their commercial side to keep the company afloat, hence the week-after-week-after-week of sales and bundle promos. I don't think they have any recent work that is derived from a military contract, therefore, they have not had "military funds".

The impreshion that I get, is that ED is only interested in covering monthly payroll, and taking some profit monies each month, hence the frequent...on sale

How many folk actually work for ED? I can't see the sales of their modules covering payroll. Heck if hat was the case If I was an ED employee I'd be looking for work elsewhere as the future doesn't look too bright. Mind you who the hell is going to employ someone with "Eagle Dynamics Programmer" on their Resume. they'd get laughed out of the interview.

DCS Kickstarter
Wags July 2014 "In this July 2014 update, the primary news is in regards to the restructured backer rewards. After a careful review of the older system under RRG, we found it financially unattainable."
Wags October 2017 "the investment vs. generated revenue has been excellent for the World War II aircraft. In fact, the P-51D Mustang has twice the cost effectiveness of the A-10C Warthog."
#4366703 - 06/29/17 08:40 AM Re: VEAO Halting Release Of New Modules [Re: leaf_on_the_wind]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
Originally Posted by leaf_on_the_wind
Quick question

On the ED forums The VEAO guy Ells228 has a link to the refund policy -> http://www.veaosimulations.co.uk/refunds

I'll have a go with my Hawk......but given that pre-release and beta products are not part of the policy doesn't that only leave final release modules that can actually be refunded? To that end, nothing that VEAO has ever released (or probably will ever release) actually falls into the refund policy.

Edit: I've just logged in on their site....it looks like they have covered my order very well to ensure no refund, the title of the order is: DCS:Hawk (EFM) Beta (Pre-sale) × 1 biggrin

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
#4366730 - 06/29/17 11:41 AM Re: VEAO Halting Release Of New Modules [Re: Paradaz]  
Johnny_Redd Offline
Johnny_Redd  Offline

Originally Posted by Paradaz
Originally Posted by leaf_on_the_wind
Quick question

I'll have a go with my Hawk......but given that pre-release and beta products are not part of the policy doesn't that only leave final release modules that can actually be refunded? To that end, nothing that VEAO has ever released (or probably will ever release) actually falls into the refund policy.

Edit: I've just logged in on their site....it looks like they have covered my order very well to ensure no refund, the title of the order is: DCS:Hawk (EFM) Beta (Pre-sale) × 1 biggrin

So they only refund for released products. Leaving aside the obvious, who is going to return a finished module, they all sound as if theyre going to be fantastic, and what restrictions will they put on the refund? Wheres the honesy? Why not just say "no refunds, once you press confirm order youre screwed. Have fun and happy flying! Thanks"

DCS Kickstarter
Wags July 2014 "In this July 2014 update, the primary news is in regards to the restructured backer rewards. After a careful review of the older system under RRG, we found it financially unattainable."
Wags October 2017 "the investment vs. generated revenue has been excellent for the World War II aircraft. In fact, the P-51D Mustang has twice the cost effectiveness of the A-10C Warthog."
#4366768 - 06/29/17 03:55 PM Re: VEAO Halting Release Of New Modules [Re: *Striker*]  
Dondy Offline
Dondy  Offline

Germany
In this thread thy povided a link to the P-40 refund but it isn't working anymore: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=187765
Direct refund link: http://veaosimulations.co.uk/dcs-p-40f-refund-request/

In memory of the JaboG34 "Allgäu" Memmingen 1959-2003
Last take-off: 17.12.2002 10:06am

Legends may sleep but they'll never die
#4366769 - 06/29/17 03:59 PM Re: VEAO Halting Release Of New Modules [Re: ST0RM]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun

I simply dont see that. Most simmers are kids or pretty close.

true

I am 12 next month.

#4366850 - 06/30/17 12:42 AM Re: VEAO Halting Release Of New Modules [Re: Johnny_Redd]  
SlipBall Offline
disillusioned
SlipBall  Offline
disillusioned

East Coast U.S.A.
Originally Posted by Johnny_Redd
Originally Posted by SlipBall

How many folk actually work for ED? I can't see the sales of their modules covering payroll. Heck if hat was the case If I was an ED employee I'd be looking for work elsewhere as the future doesn't look too bright. Mind you who the hell is going to employ someone with "Eagle Dynamics Programmer" on their Resume. they'd get laughed out of the interview.

Crazy I know, but that's my impression

Clod
#4366877 - 06/30/17 08:41 AM Re: VEAO Halting Release Of New Modules [Re: *Striker*]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
I would say that these clowns are halting further releases because ED has finally laid down the 3rd party contract laws as in "You were signed on a 3rd party developer and over the last 5 years you just haven't lived up to the hype, therefore we (ED\TFC) are cutting ties with you (VEAO) until you can lift your game and release what you originally promised our consumers" Chris has basically bought his company time to fix what is broken with the hawk and other aircraft. So a post saying "We will no be releasing aircraft for blah blah blah" is basically saying "we will have it sorted and everything will be fine before the year is out" however....I have my doubts....Is it a coincidence that I update my Hawk thread in these very forums and within 36 hours VEAO release the statement that they will not be updating anything or releasing anything further??

#4375224 - 08/18/17 06:48 PM Re: VEAO Halting Release Of New Modules [Re: *Striker*]  
Genbrien Offline
Stick to the plan man!
Genbrien  Offline
Stick to the plan man!

Quebec, Canada
update on their Fb page

Following a shareholders meeting with our investors this week, development of modules for DCS was high on the agenda amongst other business development items.
Following the recent activity in regards to contract renewals for specific aircraft modules we were in the process of developing and heavily invested in, the following conclusions were made regarding moving forward with DCS module development:
DCS will no longer be our primary development platform.
That said; we are committed to getting Hawk out of early access and released as soon as possible. This will involve updated PBR cockpit textures, bug fixes for major systems, bugs recorded internally with ED and any found with future DCS patches as ongoing maintenance.
Development of P-40F for DCS will resume but will not take precedence of development over other platforms. We maintain that we do not expect to release P-40F prior to 2.5 and a release schedule will be confirmed when the module is ready for beta.
When P-40F is ready for review in DCS; we will, as previously agreed with TFC arrange an acceptance demonstration with a view of releasing the aircraft to you, the public.
Development work on our other aircraft will no longer continue for DCS.
If, at a suitable time, we however convert these assets for DCS we will confirm this in due course when the aircraft is ready for release, not during its development cycle.
Chris and I along with the entire VEAO family appreciate the support of the DCS Community during this time and continuing into the future of our modules in DCS world.
Pete

XBL/PSN/others: genbrien
Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Samsung 23'' 1920*1080
CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz Keyboard: Logitech G15
GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: G700s
PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saitek X55, TrackIr5
RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr2 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz
Case: Cooler Master 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb
#4375227 - 08/18/17 06:54 PM Re: VEAO Halting Release Of New Modules [Re: *Striker*]  
Flogger23m Offline
Flogger23m  Offline

US
Shame, I only had an interest in the Eurofighter. Considering the HAWK is still in Early Access... I can't imagine it would have turned out good anyways.

At least Razbam updated the M-2000C cockpit a bit recently. Their dedication to improving the manual and hopefully more of the cockpit has regained some faith in them.

#4375229 - 08/18/17 07:09 PM Re: VEAO Halting Release Of New Modules [Re: *Striker*]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

If I'm reading that correctly, VEAO is essentially washing their hands of DCS? They'll finish the Hawk, wait for 2.5 and finish the P-40F, and then that's about it, right?

What other modules were VEAO supposed to be making or were in the pipeline?

- Ice
#4375230 - 08/18/17 07:18 PM Re: VEAO Halting Release Of New Modules [Re: *Striker*]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

Besides Hawk and the P-40F they had:

Hispano Ha-1112 Buchon
F8F Bearcat
Typhoon
Spitfire Mk XIV
Meteor F3
Vampire FB5

Insane list IMO seeing how they fail so hard with the Hawk, a frigging trainer.

I for one will not miss them.

#4375231 - 08/18/17 07:28 PM Re: VEAO Halting Release Of New Modules [Re: theOden]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted by theOden
I for one will not miss them.

Typhoon as in the Eurofighter Typhoon? I'd be interested in that aircraft..... but then again, I'm sure if there's a demand, someone else will pick up the slack.

What I find funny is that the Hawk was in early access in March 2015, that's more than 2 years ago... and they talk about committing to get it released ASAP? LOL!

- Ice
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.