Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#4358662 - 05/22/17 10:11 AM As an older peep, the older i get the more i find older people annoying  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Only three years to the big five o, holy shinizzle. Remember when that felt ages away and you were never going to get old? Damn lol. I thought as more mature people we were meant to have learned through our life experiences yet so many of the people around my age and especially older seem content to gripe. Kids these days is my personal pet hate about the current older gen. Blame it all on the kids. So much lazier, dumber, entitled, wrapped in blankets than we were or previous super great generations. Exactly what our parents said about us, and theirs about them. It is just flat out bs. Teens are still dying as soldiers, doing more school work than we ever did or any generation before us, still moving everything forward like all previous generations, still trying to make a life for themselves in this fairly crazy age. They just have social media where we get to see them in all of their teen silliness which we, luckily enough, only got to make our stupid comments and mistakes in a small group. The whole get off my lawn attitude of some older people really disheartens me sometimes.

I constantly have to remind my ex - remember what it was like when you were young? How you thought about things and sometimes acted first and thought later? How you didn't know everything but thought you knew a lot more about how it all worked than you really did? I think we make as many mistakes as the kids do in that instead of listening and trying to understand most just write them off and disregard their thoughts and only look at the overly highlighted silly things they have done. You can get old but that doesn't mean you have to forget when you were young, i don't think many people take that on board, they just get seem to get old and write the youth of these days off.

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4358671 - 05/22/17 11:48 AM Re: As an older peep, the older i get the more i find older people annoying [Re: Ajay]  
Urban Furball Offline
Urban Furball  Offline

Qld. Australia

Hi Ajay ... Welcome to the trendsetters!

I hear what your saying but when we grew up, sure we were finding ourselves and got up to a lot of mischief ... basically finding the way through life.
A significant majority of us at least never went out to hurt anyone, destroy property (except for the occasional mail box on cracker night), and God help us if we did not help or respect the elderly!

I guess you can count me as part of that group because now there is a majority of them that I would not even piss on.

Don't get me wrong, there are still those out there of which have maintained the Morals, Principals and Values ... They have my respect and I help them wherever I can.
I hope the rest have a fat time in Hell.

Cheers mate
Nice to see a post from you again
smile2

One Flash.......and ur Ash!!
#4358674 - 05/22/17 12:18 PM Re: As an older peep, the older i get the more i find older people annoying [Re: Ajay]  
No105_Archie Offline
No105_Archie  Offline

Veteran

N. Atlantic east of Canada
50 ! BAH damn youngsters...get off my lawn biggrin

Archie Smythe

carpe diem
#4358677 - 05/22/17 12:35 PM Re: As an older peep, the older i get the more i find older people annoying [Re: Ajay]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Gotta love these grumpy old man threads on SimHQ. They are quite frequent considering the demographics of this website. biggrin

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4358679 - 05/22/17 12:51 PM Re: As an older peep, the older i get the more i find older people annoying [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Chucky Offline
Veteran
Chucky  Offline
Veteran

UK
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
Gotta love these grumpy old man threads on SimHQ. They are quite frequent considering the demographics of this website. biggrin

Did you just assume my grumpy gender?

If I had a lawn I'd ask you to get off it biggrin

EV's are the Devils matchbox.
#4358685 - 05/22/17 01:00 PM Re: As an older peep, the older i get the more i find older people annoying [Re: Ajay]  
rwatson Offline
Hotshot
rwatson  Offline
Hotshot

New Concord, Ohio
68 and I've learned to ignore kids nowdays,they aren't any weirder than we were as teenagers,,For a lot of my age group the military matured us quicker as it does today...But last night i watched the music awards and that was over the top weird Guess I've reached the age I usually don't give a crap anymore and I've got a lawn and a dog who thinks it's her duty to protect it and she takes that seriously ..glad i got one of those invisable fences or she would clear the street

Russ
Semper Fi
#4358687 - 05/22/17 01:04 PM Re: As an older peep, the older i get the more i find older people annoying [Re: Ajay]  
Haggart Offline
I Fought Diablo
Haggart  Offline
I Fought Diablo
Veteran

The Lone Star State
stop trying to defend young hoodlums and STAY the hell off my lawn - which btw doesn't grow very well, too much damn shade and the people I hired they don't know what the hell they're doing ........ ..... ......

"everything lives by a law, a central balance sustains all"
#4358689 - 05/22/17 01:13 PM Re: As an older peep, the older i get the more i find older people annoying [Re: Chucky]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Chucky

I've heard that you have to be rich to have a lawn in the UK unless you live way out in the boonies. biggrin

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4358694 - 05/22/17 01:27 PM Re: As an older peep, the older i get the more i find older people annoying [Re: Ajay]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
My $0.02...

Every generation and every decade has things about it that are better and worse than the others.

I love the 80's (might be closer to someone else's 70's since I grew up in what was then a rural area [think Napoleon Dynamite]), but I wouldn't want to relive them (at any age). I prefer to live for today and tomorrow, while enjoying the nostalgia of what I liked best about the previous decades. I can pick and choose what I want, and it's not looking back with rose colored glasses either, because I fully acknowledge that allot of it was crap.

But if I were to pick one big (pardon the pun) negative today, it's that kids are fat. I look through my mom's and mother-in-law's senior yearbooks (1958), hardly any fat kids. Look through mine (1985) and yeah, there's a couple or so. Look through the local town paper ("Feliciana Explorer") at the 2017 graduating classes (public and private schools in my area) and whoa! eek

All this current generation size acceptance and inner beauty stuff isn't going to mean a hill of beans when they hit their 40's (or earlier, as in my case). At this point, it's no longer about supposedly unattainable media-influenced beauty standards, it becomes about physical pain. Overweight + age = pain, that's the bottom line. I see allot of suffering in these kid's future unless they turn it around.

The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run
#4358701 - 05/22/17 01:44 PM Re: As an older peep, the older i get the more i find older people annoying [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Chucky Offline
Veteran
Chucky  Offline
Veteran

UK
Originally Posted by Chucky

I've heard that you have to be rich to have a lawn in the UK unless you live way out in the boonies. biggrin

I chose not to have a place with a garden,I HATE gardening with a passion. My previous home had a lot of lawn/flower beds but luckily the wife was a keen gardener.

Here in the UK a huge amount of front laws have disappeared in favour of parking space. Where my mum has lived (since 1971) there are hardly any front lawns left.

So,in light of that, 'Get off my parking space'! biggrin

Last edited by Chucky; 05/22/17 02:02 PM.

EV's are the Devils matchbox.
#4358704 - 05/22/17 02:13 PM Re: As an older peep, the older i get the more i find older people annoying [Re: Ajay]  
LB4LB Offline
Still lurking about
LB4LB  Offline
Still lurking about
Hotshot

Detroit Burbs
As we get older, I think the big thing we lose is patience. Yes younger people can people can be strange and annoying, but it has always been that way. Maybe they can come up with a boutique pill that can help with that. Call it something like "MillenialOxigone". Side effects might can be , irritability set off by skinny jeans, texting while driving, selfies, and entertainers that call themselves artists. Other side effects include the need to have a perfect lawn that no one can walk on.

I was making fun of today's music the other day, and my nephew showed a video of Van Halen in the 1980's on his phone. David Lee Roth running around in spandex did not help my argument.

#4358706 - 05/22/17 02:19 PM Re: As an older peep, the older i get the more i find older people annoying [Re: LB4LB]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by LB4LB

I was making fun of today's music the other day, and my nephew showed a video of Van Halen in the 1980's on his phone. David Lee Roth running around in spandex did not help my argument.

The deal with 80's music videos is that while the music was great, the production values and acting were always very campy and cheesy.

#4358716 - 05/22/17 03:15 PM Re: As an older peep, the older i get the more i find older people annoying [Re: Ajay]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
We forgave the visuals because they usually came with talent. At least it was good fun Rock without being so angry and cynical. I think early 90's music helped turn allot of people into a-holes, myself included. biggrin

Personally, I'd rather listen to, than watch my music anyway. smile

The sun is in the east
#4358734 - 05/22/17 05:01 PM Re: As an older peep, the older i get the more i find older people annoying [Re: MarkG]  
Alicatt Offline
Hotshot
Alicatt  Offline
Hotshot

Ice Cold in Alex or Eating in ...
Originally Posted by MarkG
We forgave the visuals because they usually came with talent. At least it was good fun Rock without being so angry and cynical. I think early 90's music helped turn allot of people into a-holes, myself included. biggrin

Personally, I'd rather listen to, than watch my music anyway. smile

Watch music? Gee whizz, what will you kids think of next tuner

Oh what were we talking about again?
Oh, that reminds me... get off my lawn biggrin

Chlanna nan con thigibh a so's gheibh sibh feoil
Sons of the hound come here and get flesh
Clan Cameron
#4358739 - 05/22/17 06:11 PM Re: As an older peep, the older i get the more i find older people annoying [Re: Ajay]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
Bah, we have to put up with the small wedge of young people that are "snowflakes."

My parents and their parents had to put up with hippies. Hippies!

[shudder]

Hippies had all the pedantic BS of snowflakes with a tremendous lack of personal hygiene, panhandling, and drug use.

Snowflakes may be snarky towards the military in a hipster sort of way, but hippies were downright terrible.

The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

More dumb stuff at http://www.darts-page.com

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
#4358740 - 05/22/17 06:17 PM Re: As an older peep, the older i get the more i find older people annoying [Re: Ajay]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
What predated hippies? Was it the beatniks?

#4358755 - 05/22/17 06:56 PM Re: As an older peep, the older i get the more i find older people annoying [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Crane Hunter Offline
Veteran
Crane Hunter  Offline
Veteran

Master Meme-er
What predated hippies? Was it the beatniks?

Yeah, but the beatniks were a small and less diverse subculture in comparison.

#4358765 - 05/22/17 07:46 PM Re: As an older peep, the older i get the more i find older people annoying [Re: Ajay]  
LB4LB Offline
Still lurking about
LB4LB  Offline
Still lurking about
Hotshot

Detroit Burbs
I think before the beatniks were the Greasers. At least they were into racing cars. Not sure what was before them.

#4358774 - 05/22/17 08:30 PM Re: As an older peep, the older i get the more i find older people annoying [Re: Ajay]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
I have a very strong feeling that I was born (1967), became a teenager (1980) and then an adult (1985) exactly when I was suppose to. The older I get, the more I feel this way, that this incredibly tiny span in the history of time was what I was meant to experience, regrets and all.

I don't see myself ever becoming a bitter old man, and the wildlife is free to roam on my lawn anytime.

I plan to rock out, have fun, and enjoy the best quality of life that I possibly can, for as long as I can.

Always trying to keep it positive, to look forward to the bright side of my future, like getting senior discounts! WooHoo! bananadance

The sun is in the east
#4358776 - 05/22/17 08:35 PM Re: As an older peep, the older i get the more i find older people annoying [Re: Ajay]  
Warbirds Offline
Warbirds  Offline

Patients? I have a lot of patients for someone my age - what ! You don't think I do ? What do you know,,,why I oughta -------blank, blank and maybe blank.

Last edited by Warbirds; 05/22/17 08:36 PM.

"A time when America was great,,when the chrome was thick and the women were straight" - Micheal Savage

"If you really want to experience flight in this life then you have to strap a DC-3 to your ass." - Buffalo Joe McBryan President & Captain Buffalo Airways
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.