Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4358162 - 05/19/17 05:20 AM MOD INSTALATION ORDER THREAD???  
Blade_Meister Offline
Blade_Meister  Offline

Atlanta, GA, USA
I have a request please!
All of the mods in WOFF UE are simply awesome and I want to give a shout out to all that continue to dream up and then actually make and implement the mods that
continually improve the immersive experience of WOFF UE. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
Here is my Dilemma and my Request. I am no longer sure in which order to install and which mods have
been actually added into WOFF UE through the patches.

Could someone(or a community effort) please use this thread(or start an official thread) and create an
installation order that is the most precise way to mod WOFF UE and make it a Sticky here in the Mod
Section?

This is probably a tall order, but I feel it would benefit the Community for those that do not have a lot of
time for Flight Simming in the first place. I am 53, single, work 40+ hours a week, maintain a house, a Yard and I try to train for
Triathlons all but a couple of months a year. I have the odd 1 or 2 hours here and there to Fly, but I seem
to spend a lot of that time just reading about and then installing mods trying to get everything right.
I was thinking, maybe those that spend a lot of time using the Mods in WOFF UE could share what they
have learned that works in WOFF UE.

Some of the main ones I am not sure about what order to install4 are:
1. WOFF UE Consolidated Custom Airfields Mods Folder Repository V1_7
2. The whole WW1 OFF missions (WOFF & WOFF UE compatible)
3. WOFF UE Multimod
4. Boisterous Boistrancourt and the Boulevard of Broken Albatroses
5. Cockpit G-Force Effects - Updated 20170127
6. 4L0M New Effects for UE
7. News mod (Version 4.5)
8. Mk-1W Bomb Sights (Version 1.4)
9. Rivers Mod (Version 1.0)
10. Clouds Mod (Version 1.0 and 2.0)
11. Optional Clouds Mod (Version 1.06)
12. New Effects Mod (Version 1.10)
13. Sky Box Effects Mod (Version 1.1)
14. Inflight Terrain Map (Version 1.0)
15. SweetFX for WOFF 1-2-3 (Version 1.2)
16. Random Delayed Engine Start (Version 1.0)
17. Realistic Tracer Effects(Version 1.2)
18. Pilot Viewpoint Mod
19. Aces Redux 100 Mod
20. User Interface (UI) XML Mods(Version 1.0)

Do you see where I am going with this? There are probably another 10 mods on top of these. To a newcomer or someone who has very limited time to
actually use WOFF UE this is very confusing on what to use and what order to install it. I understand
JSGME and have it installed and operating in most all of my Sims.

Said all of that to say this! To those that are Veterans of the whole WOFF series and probably know
the best way to approach this by heart(maybe confer among yourselves and determine one consensus?),
CAN YOU PLEASE MAYBE USE THIS THREAD TO MAKE ONE REPLY TO THIS WITH THE BEST
MODDING ORDER AND MAYBE LOCK IT AND STICKY IT FOR ALL TO BE ABLE TO USE IN
HELPING TO MOD WOFF UE?(not yelling here, CAPS FOR EMPHASIS).

Well, that is my request for help from the powers that be and the Community, from one
WOFF UE sim Loving user to another. yep

S!Blade<><:

#4358166 - 05/19/17 05:48 AM Re: MOD INSTALATION ORDER THREAD??? [Re: Blade_Meister]  
JJJ65 Online cool
JJJ65  Online Cool

Czech Rep.
3. WOFF UE Multimod - better to install it over any previous mod (this mod does not replace any file, just overwrites scripted data values)
18. Pilot Viewpoint Mod - ditto
8. Mk-1W Bomb Sights (Version 1.4) - this mod do not have conflict with any other mod, so its position is not critical
16. Random delayed engine start - do not install this mod if you use Multimod - mod is already included in the above mentioned WOFF UE Multimod

#4358214 - 05/19/17 12:18 PM Re: MOD INSTALATION ORDER THREAD??? [Re: Blade_Meister]  
4L0M Offline
4L0M  Offline

Weymouth, UK
To my best understanding, please correct me if i'm wrong :

7. News Mod - Universal - Doesn't overwrite any other mod, can be installed wherever you want.
9 - Rivers Mod - Universal, doesn't overwrite any other mod, can be installed wherever you want.
10. My HD Clouds Mod (Version 1.0 and 2.0) - You only need Version 2.0 - Contains 2 different HD cloud sets, Universal - doesn't overwrite any other mods, BUT ONLY HAVE 1 CLOUD SET INSTALLED AT A TIME!
13. My Sky Box Effects Mod (Version 1.1) - doesn't overwrite any other mod, can be installed wherever you want.
14 - Inflight Map - Universal - doesn't overwrite any other mod, can be installed wherever you want.

6. 4L0M New Effects for UE and 17. Realistic Tracer Effects(Version 1.2) will slightly conflict. - YOU SHOULD be able to install my effects mod first, and if you want to use JJJ65's tracer effects install it over the top after mine and choose "overwrite" in JSGME and you should get the best of both world's. If you want to uninstall my effects mod for any reason (What's wrong with you????lol), you will have to deactivate JJJ65's tracer mod FIRST, then remove my effects mod, then you can safely re-enable JJJ65's tracer mod if you want to use it again!

Cheers!

EDIT : You don't have it listed, but for clarity, My Ground season Textures mod is also universal and will not overwrite anything else

Last edited by 4L0M; 05/19/17 12:23 PM.

I7 4770k@4.6ghz WC H80i
Asus Maximus Hero VII
Corsair 1000w rm1000 psu
16gb Crucial Ballistix Tactical@2100
Creative zx soundcard
2 x MSI 970 GTX SLI
55" Sony Bravia 4k HDR
Corsiar 760t
#4358240 - 05/19/17 02:16 PM Re: MOD INSTALATION ORDER THREAD??? [Re: Blade_Meister]  
OldHat Offline
OldHat  Offline

If you're not sure what a MOD does or if they have similar names, then I'd avoid installing it until you can contact the MOD's author for advise. I suggest you enjoy vanilla WOFF for a few missions before jumping into MODS. MODs replace what a modder feels is missing or wants to change.

So, if you have a couple of hours to play WOFF, I'd go with playing historically accurate. You'll need to learn how to use JJJ's Mission Editor, multimod and the complete mission MODs (activate only one mission set at a time depending on the year your active pilot is flying). Also, download Lou's Maps and add in News MOD and the Consolidated Custom Airfields Mods. That's the mix I have now plus scenery mods - 4L0M's clouds and terrain. None of the MODs in this mix will overwrite, so the order doesn't matter. Plan your mission in JJJ's Mission Editor, draw the route on Lou's Maps then fly the mission without any aides (or very few). For more immersion, you can write about the mission if you have any time left over.

Don't use Cockpit G-Force Effects, or Aces Redux as these were added in patches. IMHO, SweetFX is something I wouldn't use.

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.