For WW2 planes in il-2 1946, flying realistic mode

Wonder why no company makes them, you would think with the popularity of ww2 aircraft sim someone by now would have come up with a set duh

Anyway at my age I can't wait for them so decided to built my own. I was contemplating using the one from Saitek/Logiteck and moding it, could have use one from CH Product too but at the end with the money involved why not start from scratch screwy

I had an extra bran new X45 that I got dirt cheap on ebay and was collecting dust for the past four years, it was for eventually replace the one that I use for BMS but the thing just doesn't want to quit, I love the x45 and still want to use one for my poject

The guts, I know it's gross but..

[Linked Image]

Wont be using the mode selector, no hats, will be using the big pot for throttle , one small pots for prop , the slider for mixture and four switches but all that could change. The boards won't be in the quadrant, it will be in a different switch box. I want the quadrant to be easy to work in so no boards just wires and pots &switches using a 25 pin connector to the main switch
box

Took that thing apart many times, stress relief , fabricating smile

[Linked Image]

Still need to covert it up which will be next but the hard part is done

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Stay tuned wink

Marc..

HP-Compaq-8100-Elite-SFF-Intel-Core-i5-660-3-33GHz-8GB-250GB-Windows7, GTX1050 -X45+Rudder Pedals, Playseat Challenge