Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#4353876 - 04/27/17 11:06 AM Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux released - Download links [Re: Daskal]  
Daskal Offline
Daskal  Offline

@Mike Dora - Well US forces are next on the agenda, getting them from PP2x into this one is unfortunately not merely copy and paste. They are coming, but it takes time.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4353885 - 04/27/17 12:30 PM Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux released - Download links [Re: Daskal]  
rwatson Offline
Hotshot
rwatson  Offline
Hotshot

New Concord, Ohio
Trying to figure out what's wrong I installed PE3 and enabled it through the standard mod enabler,,Compatibility set to Win 98 and it yrns great...I'd like to try this mod with that setup,,When I do I'm guessing use the new mod enabler and put it in the mods folder and will my PE3 mod still be usable?? Thank You for any advice

Russ
Semper Fi
#4353923 - 04/27/17 02:07 PM Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux released - Download links [Re: Daskal]  
Brit44 'Aldo' Offline
Every Human is Unique
Brit44 'Aldo'  Offline
Every Human is Unique

The mod enabler should be in the PE folder and not the PE\mods folder

You must disable the PE3 mod before enabling the Redux mod. You mus disable Redux before enabling PE3.

TPA who TWI
"The 10th Amendment simply says that any powers that aren’t mentioned in the Constitution as belonging to the government belong to the states themselves."
#4353937 - 04/27/17 03:02 PM Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux released - Download links [Re: Daskal]  
rwatson Offline
Hotshot
rwatson  Offline
Hotshot

New Concord, Ohio
Sorry Brit I just red what I wrote,,Yes the mod enabler is in the PE folder I was asking if the mod Redux went into the MODS folder but from you reply I can run either one ..just trying to go one step at a time

Russ
Semper Fi
#4353947 - 04/27/17 03:57 PM Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux released - Download links [Re: Daskal]  
Brit44 'Aldo' Offline
Every Human is Unique
Brit44 'Aldo'  Offline
Every Human is Unique

The file size is too large for my slow internet, so I am unsure exactly how the download is packaged. When you are done, the mod should be in the mods folder.

TPA who TWI
"The 10th Amendment simply says that any powers that aren’t mentioned in the Constitution as belonging to the government belong to the states themselves."
#4353951 - 04/27/17 04:08 PM Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux released - Download links [Re: Daskal]  
rwatson Offline
Hotshot
rwatson  Offline
Hotshot

New Concord, Ohio
Brit ,,What I usually do is un zip files and paste them where they are supposed to go..Right now PE is running I can enable PE3 and run a quick mission and it runs well.I unloaded that and loaded.the redux mod That gives me the proper loading screen but when choosing either single mission or campaign it stops working,,I believe at this point it's either a driver or hardware problem ,But I'm happy with the PE3 version and I'm going to see what's available for it,,

Russ
Semper Fi
#4353954 - 04/27/17 04:17 PM Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux released - Download links [Re: rwatson]  
Mike Dora Offline
Mike Dora  Offline

USA (transplanted Scot)
Thanks Daskal,

May I make a plea also for the Sherman Firefly when you have time please? Maybe Churchills eventually too (is my nationality showing? wink

Thanks again for all your magnificent work, it is very much appreciated!

Mike

#4353971 - 04/27/17 04:51 PM Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux released - Download links [Re: Daskal]  
Brit44 'Aldo' Offline
Every Human is Unique
Brit44 'Aldo'  Offline
Every Human is Unique

rwatson,
Are you saying that the menu interface crashes (where you set up your platoon) or does it crash when you attempt to start the battle? I assume you mean when you try to start the battle. What screen resolution have you set with the 3D config? When it crashes and before clicking on the windows error report, alt tab out of PE and check the file PE/data/desertfoxlog.txt

TPA who TWI
#4353999 - 04/27/17 07:28 PM Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux released - Download links [Re: Daskal]  
Daskal Offline
Daskal  Offline

Hi Rwatson. I may be late to the party but Ostpak Redux is an all in mod. You dont need PE3 installed separately. I would suggest you do a clean install of panzer elite, and then apply redux on top of it. Check the screenshots in the readme file.

#4354001 - 04/27/17 07:46 PM Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux released - Download links [Re: Daskal]  
rwatson Offline
Hotshot
rwatson  Offline
Hotshot

New Concord, Ohio
Daskal
I just threw PE3 in to test my install..Since then I do have a vlean GOG setup with Reduxand the mod enabler installed Click on single mission and it says it's stopped running and exits ..Uninstall the mod and PE runs OK..I believe it's a hardware problem

Russ
Semper Fi
#4354014 - 04/27/17 08:59 PM Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux released - Download links [Re: Daskal]  
Daskal Offline
Daskal  Offline

Try reducing the view distance and disable ground clutter. See readme file for the ground clutter. Also make sure you run 3d control center AFTER redux was enabled. have you tried instant action?

#4354050 - 04/27/17 10:58 PM Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux released - Download links [Re: Daskal]  
Brit44 'Aldo' Offline
Every Human is Unique
Brit44 'Aldo'  Offline
Every Human is Unique

rwatson,
The error log you showed is from PE3. If you click on single scenario and it crashes before you reach the camp screen, then the problem is in mymenu.exe. That is the GUI side of the game and that side is not logged by desertfoxlog. Check for PE/data/MenuErrorLog.txt. What operating system?

TPA who TWI
#4354064 - 04/28/17 12:06 AM Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux released - Download links [Re: Daskal]  
rwatson Offline
Hotshot
rwatson  Offline
Hotshot

New Concord, Ohio
Sorry Brit my mistake I'm going to delete the post....What I did was turn off the sound clicked instant action,,German and the scenario loaded fine but when I fired my main gun it stopped with error msg Beta 9-12 not working and here's the proper error log.
[Error]
GCustomC\Animations\Smoke*.Raw=File Not Found
GCustomC\Animations\CommanderB*.Raw=File Not Found
GCustomC\Animations\CommanderC*.Raw=File Not Found
GCustomC\Animations\CommanderD*.Raw=File Not Found
GCustomC\Animations\ACommanderA*.Raw=File Not Found
GCustomC\Animations\BHelp-Guy*.Raw=File Not Found
GCustomB\Animations\Smoke*.Raw=File Not Found
GCustomB\Animations\CommanderB*.Raw=File Not Found
GCustomB\Animations\CommanderC*.Raw=File Not Found
GCustomB\Animations\CommanderD*.Raw=File Not Found
GCustomB\Animations\ACommanderA*.Raw=File Not Found
GCustomB\Animations\BHelp-Guy*.Raw=File Not Found
GCustomA\Animations\Smoke*.Raw=File Not Found
GCustomA\Animations\CommanderB*.Raw=File Not Found
GCustomA\Animations\CommanderC*.Raw=File Not Found
GCustomA\Animations\CommanderD*.Raw=File Not Found
GCustomA\Animations\ACommanderA*.Raw=File Not Found
GCustomA\Animations\BHelp-Guy*.Raw=File Not Found
insert_sprite_behind (0)=Sprite Not Found
insert_sprite_behind (4)=Sprite Not Found
insert_sprite_behind (5)=Sprite Not Found
insert_sprite_behind (6)=Sprite Not Found
insert_sprite_behind (9)=Sprite Not Found
insert_sprite_behind (11)=Sprite Not Found
insert_sprite_behind (10)=Sprite Not Found
insert_sprite_behind (12)=Sprite Not Found
insert_sprite_behind (7)=Sprite Not Found
insert_sprite_behind (13)=Sprite Not Found
insert_sprite_behind (8)=Sprite Not Found
insert_sprite_behind (14)=Sprite Not Found
insert_sprite_behind (15)=Sprite Not Found
insert_sprite_behind (16)=Sprite Not Found
insert_sprite_behind (17)=Sprite Not Found
insert_sprite_behind (18)=Sprite Not Found
USCustomA\Animations\Stars*.Raw=File Not Found
USCustomA\Animations\Sea*.Raw=File Not Found
USCustomA\Animations\CampFire*.Raw=File Not Found
USCustomA\Animations\tent-Guy*.Raw=File Not Found
USCustomA\Animations\Sitting-Guy*.Raw=File Not Found
USCustomA\Animations\ACommander*.Raw=File Not Found
USCustomA\Animations\BCommander*.Raw=File Not Found
USCustomA\Animations\CCommander*.Raw=File Not Found
USCustomA\Animations\DCommander*.Raw=File Not Found
USCustomA\Animations\ECommander*.Raw=File Not Found
USCustomA\Animations\BHelp-Guy*.Raw=File Not Found
USCustomC\Animations\Stars*.Raw=File Not Found
USCustomC\Animations\Sea*.Raw=File Not Found
USCustomC\Animations\CampFire*.Raw=File Not Found
USCustomC\Animations\tent-Guy*.Raw=File Not Found
USCustomC\Animations\Sitting-Guy*.Raw=File Not Found
USCustomC\Animations\ACommander*.Raw=File Not Found
USCustomC\Animations\BCommander*.Raw=File Not Found
USCustomC\Animations\CCommander*.Raw=File Not Found
USCustomC\Animations\DCommander*.Raw=File Not Found
USCustomC\Animations\ECommander*.Raw=File Not Found
USCustomC\Animations\BHelp-Guy*.Raw=File Not Found

Last edited by rwatson; 04/28/17 12:09 AM.

Russ
Semper Fi
#4354073 - 04/28/17 12:33 AM Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux released - Download links [Re: Daskal]  
Brit44 'Aldo' Offline
Every Human is Unique
Brit44 'Aldo'  Offline
Every Human is Unique

You made it into the simulation side.
beta 9-12 is version 1.03 of the PEx game engine and is installed on your PC with PE3
Desertfloxlog should list the render version as 18.2 if you have Redux active.

Edit:
inside your PE folder is a mods folder. Inside the mods folder should be a ostpak redux folder and an ostpak redux ini file. Inside the ostpak redux folder should be a second ostpak redux folder. Inside that second redux folder is where you will find all the files and folders that make up the mod. The exes and dlls in the second ostpak redux folder were all created this month. If you right click the mouse over one of the files and choose properties, the date created will be this month. If it shows 2012 then you have somehow installed PE3 into the Redux folder.

Last edited by Brit44 'Aldo'; 04/28/17 01:02 AM.

TPA who TWI
#4354082 - 04/28/17 01:29 AM Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux released - Download links [Re: Daskal]  
rwatson Offline
Hotshot
rwatson  Offline
Hotshot

New Concord, Ohio
Brit

Renderer: RRHAL.DLL 17.3 and in the main folder all are april except 3d control center and a text file,,
I might have messed up when I uninstalled the PE3 install and left something behind I install it to C:\Games\Panzer Elite I should have checked if any shards were left behind ..In the morning I'll run the redux set up again and check it all out

Russ
Semper Fi
#4354107 - 04/28/17 03:54 AM Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux released - Download links [Re: Daskal]  
Brit44 'Aldo' Offline
Every Human is Unique
Brit44 'Aldo'  Offline
Every Human is Unique

if desertfoxlog is showing RRHAL.DLL 17.3 then the last time the simulation was entered version 1.03 of the game engine was being used. Version 1.05 should show RRHAL.DLL 18.2. PE3 and PEx 1.03 were the last mods released with a 17 series DLL. The current version of 1.05 should look like this
[Linked Image]

Your debug file is telling me that you have a corrupt file structure or you are using multiple installs and your windows registry is pointing to your PE3 install.

Last edited by Brit44 'Aldo'; 04/28/17 04:27 AM.
#4354111 - 04/28/17 04:26 AM Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux released - Download links [Re: Daskal]  
Brit44 'Aldo' Offline
Every Human is Unique
Brit44 'Aldo'  Offline
Every Human is Unique

If you have the HDD space it is easiest to use multiple installs.
  • Install PE to C:\Games\Panzer Elite. Patch to version 1.2 if needed. Verify that PE will run instant action and single scenario.

• Make a copy of the folder C:\Games\Panzer Elite as C:\Games\copy of Panzer Elite (or any name, just make sure it is in C:\Games). Note: I am not a fan of spaces within folder names. I would use PE or Panzer_Elite.

• Make a second copy of C:\Games\Panzer Elite if you want to keep a clean install of PE.

• Install PE3 to C:\Games\Panzer Elite. Enable PE3 with the mod enabler or (to save space) go to the second PE3 folder ( C:\Games\Panzer Elite\Mods\PanzerEliteThree\PanzerEliteThree ) and move all of the files and folders listed into C:\Games\Panzer Elite. This will overwrite the necessary files in PE1.2 with the modded files of PE3. You now have a dedicated install of PE3. Verify that PE3 plays in single scenario and instant action.

• Rename C:\Games\Panzer Elite to C:\Games\PE3Panzer Elite and rename C:\Games\copy of Panzer Elite to C:\Games\Panzer Elite.

• Verify that your desktop icon launches vanilla PE1.2.

• Install Ostpak Redux to C:\Games\Panzer Elite. Enable Ostpak Redux with the mod enabler or (to save space) go to the second Ostpak Redux folder and move all of the files and folders listed into C:\Games\Panzer Elite. This will overwrite the necessary files in PE1.2 with the modded files of Ostpak Redux. You now have a dedicated install of Ostpak Redux. Verify that Ostpak Redux plays in single scenario and instant action.

• Now all you have to do is rename one folder and you can play that mod. rename C:\Games\Panzer Elite as C:\Games\ReduxPanzer Elite. Rename C:\Games\PE3Panzer Elite as C:\Games\Panzer Elite. Launch the game from your desktop icon. Verify that you are playing PE3.

You can use this method for as many versions of PE as you have HDD space. But, this method will only work if the path to the PE folder is the same. To span multiple drives or multiple folders you must use the registry edit method. If you are required to use the registry edit method then do not forget to edit your desktop icon as well .

33Lima and others use a generic mod enabler. You can ask them which mod enabler they use and how to set it up. I use both the registry edit method and folder renaming method as I have multiple iterations of my work on multiple drives.

TPA who TWI
#4354114 - 04/28/17 05:25 AM Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux released - Download links [Re: Mike Dora]  
Brit44 'Aldo' Offline
Every Human is Unique
Brit44 'Aldo'  Offline
Every Human is Unique

Originally Posted by Mike Dora
Thanks Daskal,
May I make a plea also for the Sherman Firefly when you have time please? Maybe Churchills eventually too (is my nationality showing? wink
Mike

Mike,
33Lima is working on scenarios for a new Brit44x. I am spending my limited hobby time trying to do the rest (support, game engine, tools, 3D models, landscape, etc).

The current game engine doubles the texture libraries from 16 to 32. The original PE1.2 texture limit is 8 libraries. PP2x limit was 16 (the latest game engine works with PP2x). I have written a tool that can move the 3D models into these unused libraries. The main limitation is that you are only allowed 16 animated track textures per theatre and 40 objects per model. I can up that if there is just cause (increasing requires more system memory and we are already at a requirement of 1 gig free for the longest view range). The game engine does not support true UV wrapping, but the latest version does support single pixel sizes, with a minimum of 16 pixels in the U and V. To import a single, linked 3ds you still need 3DSMax 3.0-4.0, but the new object editor can link and import single objects. The landscape textures have been increased from 64 to 128 pixels per 2.5m as seen in PP2x. There is a lot of untapped potential in the original scenario editor tool for the 3D representation of landscapes. When you place a house or bocage (any landscape object), it can place a special texture under it. The texture can change the elevation and physics of that map grid.

The "old girl" will never be DCS Normandy, but if anyone is interesting in modding then shout out at pedg.yuku.com. I am a prick about adding people to the most private forum, but you will get honest support until such time as "You can not stop me".

TPA who TWI
#4354250 - 04/28/17 05:57 PM Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux released - Download links [Re: rwatson]  
ijozic Offline
ijozic  Offline

HR
Originally Posted by rwatson
Sorry Brit my mistake I'm going to delete the post....What I did was turn off the sound clicked instant action,,German and the scenario loaded fine but when I fired my main gun it stopped with error msg Beta 9-12 not working and here's the proper error log.
[Error]
GCustomC\Animations\Smoke*.Raw=File Not Found
GCustomC\Animations\CommanderB*.Raw=File Not Found
<cut>

I get the same menu errors when I try to run a German campaign. The campaign screen never shows up, but instant action loads up the sim.

I've used the GOG setup with Win XP3 compatibility setting (which without any mods loads up the campaign screen, but not the sim).

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SoundBlaster 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1 btn 2 axis gameport joystick, Numpad as hat-switch. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH average.
#4354265 - 04/28/17 06:37 PM Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux released - Download links [Re: ijozic]  
Brit44 'Aldo' Offline
Every Human is Unique
Brit44 'Aldo'  Offline
Every Human is Unique

I've used the GOG setup with Win XP3 compatibility setting (which without any mods loads up the campaign screen, but not the sim).

Are you saying that the stock PE 1.2 will not play. You have to get the original game working before you try any mods.

If that is the case and you are using Windows 10, read this post
http://pedg.yuku.com/topic/2512/Windows-10-Creators-Update-causes-PEx-based-mods-constantly

TPA who TWI
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.