Hello chaps,

I'm just returning to Il2 1946 after a few years away and delighted to see the game is still being updated and played.

I've always had a tinker around in Lowengrin's DCG from time to time and recently tried opening up one of its missions in the mission builder. I was pleased to see it was relatively easy to edit the mission from there, including swapping in planes of your choice.

This was great news for me as I always wanted to fly the latest flyables in a campaign environment which were not accessible through DGEN.

I mention this because I wondered if this was some of how of you get to fly the latest planes in missions that can be generated relatively quickly? I've found if I edit my plane to my liking (ie one from the latest TD patches) and I complete the mission it will generate another one, only with the original DCG selected plane for that mission. So I open it up again in the FMB and change it back to my preferred plane, then fly that mission and so on.

Anyway, this is my workaround to using the latest flyables in Il2 - up the latest TD patches but otherwise unmodded.

Are you using a similar method? I have read forums regarding an Asura DGEN mod and various ways to update DCG files to include the latest planes, but I don't feel that confident and fear messing up my installation. Just thought I'd share 'my' method, although I assume it must be old news!

Regards,
Mo.