Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4352395 - 04/20/17 08:12 PM V160 Multiskin naming convention and tools to be used  
Lolo Kramp Offline
Lolo Kramp  Offline

Lyon, France
Hello

I'm trying to do a multiskin set for the V160 for the Fw190 (Using Julio Junquiera skins)

1) I manage to do the first plane using modprog biggrin
2) For the following wingmens 01,02,...it's not working :cry:

Question :
Could you post the naming convention for 3DZ AND TPC files for the wingmens 01,02, ...?
Which utility is to be used to change TPC reference name in the 3DZ file - I didnt manage to run converter18a on my Vista PC.

Thanks for your Help

Lolo

JG51_W1
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4352475 - 04/21/17 07:03 AM Re: V160 Multiskin naming convention and tools to be used [Re: Lolo Kramp]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

Montagnac, L'Herault, France
I need to find the files and get back to you.
Ages ago before 1.3 I wrote a utility for Iron Mike that copied the first skin file set, and created the others.
That allowed him to edit the TPC files to create the real multiskin set.

After that there is a converter program that converts 1.2 files to 1.30 form which 160 uses.
I need to dig out the first of these utilities, and it may take some time.

I got lucky and made a package for you.
It is in the 160Special folder at MF named "MultiMaker160.exe"

The text file included reads as follows:

I started with a "FW190A_03" folder and made a backup copy (originals)
I ran the 2016 MogProg, selecting "lane" as the planecode (for 160 conversion) which is the first on the list.
I then ran MultimakerV4, selected the "FW190A_03" folder and clicked the "Make..." button.
The "FW190A_03" folder now contains 15 multiskin sets for each of the 3dz in folders named "Plane3 followed by the 3dz letter.
I could view the headers with "headshow".
I added "converted" to the "FW190A_03" folder name.

Last edited by MrJelly; 04/21/17 07:54 AM. Reason: Updated

Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger Site

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
#4352540 - 04/21/17 02:00 PM Re: V160 Multiskin naming convention and tools to be used [Re: Lolo Kramp]  
Rotton50 Offline
3DZ / campaign designer
Rotton50  Offline
3DZ / campaign designer

Cape Charles, Virginia, USA
If I might butt in.

You should start with the 3dz files that are included in the ETO upgrade package.

These models have been improved with rounder edges on wheels, wingtips and such. Plus, on the FW190 I fixed the landing gear position as it was too wide and too far forward.

For the most part they do not need remapping so the texture will fit. Unless I found a serious problem while performing the upgrade. Even then, the mapping differences are minimal.

In fact, as a general rule, the plane models that you get with the latest D/L's are the ones you should be using. They superseded all older models, including the ones at Talley-ho.

Heck, even paranoids have enemies.
#4352651 - 04/21/17 06:29 PM Re: V160 Multiskin naming convention and tools to be used [Re: Lolo Kramp]  
Lolo Kramp Offline
Lolo Kramp  Offline

Lyon, France
Mr Jelly :

Thanks a lot Mr Jelly !!!

That's what I call premium service ! I really do appreciate your effort and time.

I have downloaded the package and will use it more than once in the following months ;-) Keep your secret secret !

I'll be flying online not this week end but next one - I'll will define regular online sessions schedule for others to join and have fun !

Rotton50, regarding 3DZ & Skins, and the EAW Mods, As a pilot first and a modder second, what I enjoy most is to have the best level of historical immersion while playing.

But that's just my point of view and I do understand that there are other ones (What-ifs ?, Hi-rez push to the limits, ect...). So Just have fun and find your own sweetspot and be ok with other having different opinion as long they do not want to rule yours (Sorry I'm french so that's a kind of way of life)

And for that criteria, in my own opinion, Julio Junquiera models and skins are top notch even as they are low res. When you are in the heat of a dogfight - you'll find out that it is the medium distance models that is key - Low res is enough - And in fact that is a point that is often overlooked - EAW is really immersive and still stand with the more modern flight sim because of its dogfight middle distance immersive model (FM & distance views) (my pilot own point of view).

For me Hirez is nice to have but not mandatory

And when I modd - In fact its a bit like when I was building plastic models in my youth : I have always enjoyed more building a 1/72 scale plane than a 1/48 scale plane or a 1/32 scale plane : Why ? Smaller the scale - the more constraint you have - the more creativity you need - And to be honest as I have not so much time and as I'm a bit lazy - Low-res is enough for me.

Anyway that's just my point of view.

Lolo

PS : But please Rtton50, keep on rolling out your models - They are always a true amazement for me !

JG51_W1
#4352656 - 04/21/17 06:48 PM Re: V160 Multiskin naming convention and tools to be used [Re: Lolo Kramp]  
Rotton50 Offline
3DZ / campaign designer
Rotton50  Offline
3DZ / campaign designer

Cape Charles, Virginia, USA
Your English is fine so don't worry about that.

But here's my thought.

It's not like there's a shortage of excellent hi-res skins for the FW190 out there in the EAW world. It seems a shame to spend so much time and effort working with the old models when there are so many better options available.

Of course, in the end, it's a hobby and we're all free to pursue it as we see fit.

Heck, even paranoids have enemies.
#4352761 - 04/22/17 09:40 AM Re: V160 Multiskin naming convention and tools to be used [Re: Lolo Kramp]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

Montagnac, L'Herault, France
Lolo
If you check this folder "UAW150V4 \Planes_ETO\Plane_Skin\Axis\FW190\FW190A_04" you will see how one of Iron Mike's multiskins is organised. smile

Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger Site

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.