Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#4348799 - 04/03/17 05:52 PM Re: BMS 4.33 u3 Dedicated Server [Re: theOden]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

Just tried a session to see if one can re-arrange those ingame but it seems not.
I think you can set the campaign up alot better than I can so yes please.
But how do we go about it, it seems only the server "dude" has access - could you prepare a campaign and then hand it over to me sending it to the server? Like a save-file?

In other news, I had two severe PAUSE events during this DEAD flight and when the sim "un-paused" I overflew the target area in x4 time.
Not happy Oden.

Must be something with the server or campaign or theater or.. Tom Jones, I don't know.

Maybe try that KTO sooner than planned?

Last edited by theOden; 04/03/17 05:53 PM.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4348804 - 04/03/17 06:05 PM Re: BMS 4.33 u3 Dedicated Server [Re: theOden]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Yes, I would create the campaign save and then send it to you to host.

I suspect we will have fewer issues flying in Korea, not to mention shorter hops and no SA-6.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#4348810 - 04/03/17 06:21 PM Re: BMS 4.33 u3 Dedicated Server [Re: theOden]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

Sounds like a plan.
Can you arrange for a prepared KTO Campaign of choice, TS or RF, and maybe we can use the TS file area?
I guess we're not talking any big files here so even a mail could do.
(unless you already have a place to host the file that is)

#4348813 - 04/03/17 06:26 PM Re: BMS 4.33 u3 Dedicated Server [Re: theOden]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Originally Posted by theOden

Can you arrange for a prepared KTO Campaign of choice, TS or RF

Yes, gladly

I guess we're not talking any big files here so even a mail could do.
(unless you already have a place to host the file that is)

Yes I will email it to you. That young man Ice the other day, when I wanted to send him a save, said well do you have dropbox? Nope. Mediafire? Umm, still nope lol. So I sent it email. I guess I'm well behind the times anymore.

#4348816 - 04/03/17 06:30 PM Re: BMS 4.33 u3 Dedicated Server [Re: DBond]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
Originally Posted by DBond
Yes I will email it to you. That young man Ice the other day, when I wanted to send him a save, said well do you have dropbox? Nope. Mediafire? Umm, still nope lol. So I sent it email. I guess I'm well behind the times anymore.

Dropbox. MediaFire. Google them smile

IIRC, a lot of play-by-email guys who play Combat Mission used Dropbox, so can't be that bad.

- Ice
#4348821 - 04/03/17 06:50 PM Re: BMS 4.33 u3 Dedicated Server [Re: theOden]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Yes, I've grabbed stuff from dropbox (some CM stuff as well). But I don't have it, whatever that means. Anyway, email will work fine. PM it to me sometime if you don't mind

#4348826 - 04/03/17 07:11 PM Re: BMS 4.33 u3 Dedicated Server [Re: theOden]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

Good Good, I'm too old for that Dropbox stuff too biggrin
bomb me at asa_oden at hotmail dot com

#4348861 - 04/03/17 09:26 PM Re: BMS 4.33 u3 Dedicated Server [Re: theOden]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

And now the haxxorz and the b0ts have theOden's email. I hope that was a "throwaway" email account! biggrin

Sorry, but I got my tinfoil hat when it comes to these things. dizzy
So much so that I will find out how to get you old farts to use Dropbox... now to find an idiot-proof and old-fart-proof method....

- Ice
#4348954 - 04/04/17 12:22 PM Re: BMS 4.33 u3 Dedicated Server [Re: theOden]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
My son's under the weather today and I kept him home from school, but I will still try to get the campaign save done today. I'm thinking a vet Tiger Spirit to start. I love flying out of Kimpo. Any concerns or objections? I'll give it the General Horner treatment and frag out the first few hours, reserving the Kimpo Block 50's for us. We would share the base with the Eagle squadron, but it's two runways so little congestion usually.

What about weather? I can generate a weather map to make this more interesting if everyone is OK with that.

#4348960 - 04/04/17 12:49 PM Re: BMS 4.33 u3 Dedicated Server [Re: theOden]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

Yes yes yes, weather map for all its glory.
Gives me an excuse to go Mk84 over GBU too biggrin

#4348976 - 04/04/17 02:04 PM Re: BMS 4.33 u3 Dedicated Server [Re: theOden]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
I'm a -84 sort of guy myself. What I like especially is you can carry four of them. In Korea, I love to hit nuclear plants. I CCIP pickle two pairs with 444 ft spacing. The first on the main plant building, then I steepen the dive and pickle the second pair on the cooling towers. Or that's the idea anyway.

CCRP is too clinical. CCRP with GBU is even more so That's for the young whippersnappers. 'Seasoned vets' like us do it the old fashioned way, up hill both ways lol.:D

#4349041 - 04/04/17 06:59 PM Re: BMS 4.33 u3 Dedicated Server [Re: theOden]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
I sent Oden the .cam file and weather maps. I'll give a little detail which might prove useful

The campaign is a Veteran level Tiger Spirit. I have turned off HQ fragging for the 14th FS based at Kimpo flying Block 50s. There are two BARCAPs already assigned there. I needed them to fill out the defensive air coverage, but after those RTB there will be no more ATO-generated missions for the 14th. However, pilots that join should feel free to join other squadrons if they want, but the ATO could be filled for that squadron at any given time. There are Block 40s at Haeju, and Block 32s at Kangnung. F-15C Eagles share the base with the 14th FS at Kimpo. More squadrons will arrive later, including 52s.

Defensive air coverage is fragged out for the entire theater for the first three hours. After that we rely on the ATO, or can frag them as needed when in the campaign. I fragged a few critical DEAD missions already, but left many close SAMs intentionally un-targeted. In my opinion early missions in this campaign would be most profitable by concentrating on two things -- Red aircraft and Red SAM radars. So I left many SAMs alone so that human pilots will have some to shoot. However the ATO could also assign those targets so there is still a chance you could have your target killed while enroute. Interdiction and close air support is also urgently needed early on.

PAKS are done and concentrated along the front and just beyond. The Wall of MiGs should be broken before venturing too deep. In my opinion it's best to hold off on strike-type missions until air superiority is gained. Usually by nightfall on day one this is the case. But any mission is fair game and the ATO is off for the 14th so pilots can join and frag a mission for themselves. For sliders it's essentially aircraft, SAMs and ground forces. The ATO will not generate any strike missions until we authorize with a slider change. In my opinion bridges should be left alone so we don't inhibit or restrict our ability to advance.

I also used WeatherGen to create a weather map. And it looks to be a good one thumbsup

Just north of Seoul (where Kimpo is) is a low pressure system that should have wind and rain, with solid overcast. North of that though the weather should moderate with visibilty out to 30 miles, cloud coverage unknown at this time. The server will run with auto-map update enabled so the weather should change on it's own. The briefing in the sim does not give enough info about cloud coverage at your target. So plan accordingly. Loading something like LGBs is a gamble when you don't know what the target weather is exactly. Weather reports from pilots having returned from a mission could prove beneficial.

I also set up the AWACs and the JSTARS. They will be flying together near T'osan, north of Kaesong. They have each been given 15 hour station times so should be available for a while. They are relatively close to the front so extra care should be taken to ensure they survive.

It's Oden's server and thanks again Oden for doing this. His house, his rules and I defer all final judgements to him. It would be good if pilots intending to hop on could post ahead of time. It's more likely to result in more guys flying together. There should be no requirement for what, where and how you fly. You could join others or frag something yourself and go off in an entirely different direction. The only real goals should be to have fun and win the war. We mentioned it a couple weeks back, so consider fragging packages where humans are leading different flights with different roles, all on the same mission. Datalink makes it easy and these sorts of missions are usually very effective.

My main concern lies in the ability or inability to stop the clock when the last guy leaves. If we cannot or do not do this the campaign will be over quickly. Tiger Spirit is a 5-day campaign, so even running in real time it won't last long.

Any questions, feel free.

#4349081 - 04/04/17 08:55 PM Re: BMS 4.33 u3 Dedicated Server [Re: theOden]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

NEW THEATER/CAMPAIGN

Korea Tiger Spirit incl DBond Magics Applied smile

Getting late for me but you others in US TimeZone, please go ahead!

Like DBond said, try to announce what hour you try to fly but it is not mandatory.
If you aren't comfortable flying with others yet feel free to frag a flight with a wingman or 3 and experiment/evaluate, you are warmly welcome and who knows, you might wanna try coop with us soon smile

If you crash due to bad weather, go yell at DBond biggrin

#4349093 - 04/04/17 09:50 PM Re: BMS 4.33 u3 Dedicated Server [Re: theOden]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
I'll hop on and give it a go about 8 EDT (2 hours from this post) Very interested to see what the weather's doing. Might pop off a couple missiles while I'm at it. biggrin

#4349102 - 04/04/17 11:22 PM Re: BMS 4.33 u3 Dedicated Server [Re: theOden]  
Mr_Blastman Online content
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Online Content
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Well this is spiffy. Are many ppl on late, eastern USA time? Late as in midnightish, as that's when I stop writing.

#4349106 - 04/04/17 11:41 PM Re: BMS 4.33 u3 Dedicated Server [Re: theOden]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Hey Blastman. We just started this so the answer remains to be seen. I'm hoping the answer will prove to be yes.

I'm east coast, but midnight would probably be my limit most nights. If any left coasters join up it should dovetail nicely for you.

#4349132 - 04/05/17 02:10 AM Re: BMS 4.33 u3 Dedicated Server [Re: theOden]  
mac495 Offline
mac495  Offline

Battlefield MO.
Great flying with DBond, look forward to more sorties ......

#4349137 - 04/05/17 02:25 AM Re: BMS 4.33 u3 Dedicated Server [Re: theOden]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Yeah Mac, that was great. Good flyin' thumbsup

Joined up and found Mac already in.We flew two missions, the first a free hunt with a couple of HARMs. We managed to take out several radars and landed back at Kimpo. For the second we did a strike against P'yongsong Nuclear Plant. Mac's bombs shacked the cooling towers and mine only damaged the plant, but hit some ZSUs parked next to it. We each downed a plane after coming off target and flew back to Kimpo.

The weather was awesome. Kimpo is in the rain, strong winds, blanket overcast, but as you fly north passing Kaesong it begins to clear up. Both of our hops were near P'yongyang and there it is maybe 3/10 cumulus and visibilty to 30 miles.

The ATO was not putting much up. Skies seemed mostly empty for this stage of the campaign. Our JSTARS and AWACS were in grave peril when we exited. I doubt they survived long. It was around 1300 hours on day one. We had another one of those blue time compression 'errors' like we saw the other day in the Balkans as we were landing on the second hop. Otherwise it went really well. Thanks Mac for joining up.

#4349209 - 04/05/17 01:21 PM Re: BMS 4.33 u3 Dedicated Server [Re: DBond]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

I am currently in the process of installing stuff on my new M.2 NVMe drive (humblebragging! biggrin ) but I hope you guys are still around in a few days when I finish all of this procrastination work.

Originally Posted by DBond
the first a free hunt with a couple of HARMs. We managed to take out several radars and landed back at Kimpo.

Proper Red ones this time? smile

- Ice
#4349211 - 04/05/17 01:31 PM Re: BMS 4.33 u3 Dedicated Server [Re: theOden]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Sure mate, we'll be around. I think Mac enjoyed his time and I sure did. Not going anywhere, and in fact hope to recruit more guys. Never met Mac before and wasn't sure when I joined who he was. But after a few minutes it was like we've been flying together for a long time. He had me smiling and laughing and we had a good old time, fueled in part by spirits of choice biggrin

Yes, these targets brought down no recriminations.

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.