Theater: Balkans
IP: 83.250.95.15
Bandwidth: 1024 or higher.

IVC: 83.250.95.15 (optional)

Campaign: BoP

Instructions as below applies in general
---

Old info:

In pure experiment I have a dedicated server up and running.

New Theater 4th April 2017

Version: BMS 4.33 u3
Platform: 64 bit
Theater: Korea Standard (KTO)
IP: 83.250.69.255
Bandwidth: 1024 or higher.

IVC: 83.250.69.255 (optional)

Campaign: Korea KTO Rolling Fire (DBond magics applied)

Keeping the instructions below despite new campaign/theater as it might help someone to get across the steps to join

After joining above IP you are in join-lobby.
Click "Campaign" in your menu and select "Online" and you should see this:

[Linked Image]

Campaign is BoP and I have arranged for 22nd FS in Brnik to be off HQ meaning you have to frag the flights yourself.

[Linked Image]

Above flights have been cancelled by me and the frag order should be pretty empty.

Feel free to fly any other squadron though, this is test and experiment currently.

So, how to get something to fly?
Select a target on the map (please be aware of the Fog-of-War effect) by right-clicking on it and select "Add Package" which should give you this window (the left one):

[Linked Image]

Timing: Check current time top right (05:02 not visible in my screenie sadly) and add 10 to 20 minutes depending on how awesome you are RAMP starting (or just 4 minutes if you plan to TAXI).

Click the green lock as seen on above picture and forward the minutes part (click on it to make it yellow) as preferred.

Click "New" to add a flight to this empty package.

Now you should see the right window as shown in above picture.

Select F-16C type of your squadron and verify you have the correct squadron found (and airbase etc.) then select a role from said dropdown and decide if you want to fly a 2, 3 or 4-ship flight.

Clicking OK will either add this flight to the package and you may proceed adding another flight or just say OK to have the package added to the frag-list. Sometimes there are no planes available but you will notice this smile but you need to move forward in T/O time or run away to another squadron/airbase and try again.

Be aware, this airbase ATC talks on VHF 118.00 so trying to "Set Tower" on UHF (like we usually do) you will get these zeroes:

[Linked Image]

Switch to VHF and click again and you should be good to go.

As said, this is currently test and evaluation so please do weird stuff or just fly but if something hits the fan try to write down as many details as possible.

If it runs ok during the week I will reset and make a fresh start next friday (beer will be required to join server).

Edit 8th April:

Changes made to get server running well:

set g_bExportRTTTextures 0
set g_nRemoteControlSurfacesInterval 0
set g_bHostAllowsDubiousConnections 0

After having long distance players unable to connect I reverted:

set g_bHostAllowsDubiousConnections 1

After chat with Falcon Lounge folks I reverted:

set g_nRemoteControlSurfacesInterval 200

Also, it seems server SHOULD be in 3D.
Having noticed server pops out into 2D after a while I learnt, also from Falcon Lounge guys (their discord, irc chat as we said in my days) that one has to edit:

..\*Falcon BMS folder*\Data\Campaign\Save\atc.ini
in this INI-file there is a "PlayerBumpTime = 50" forcing players back to UI if not airborne in 50 minutes.

I am currently having "PlayerBumpTime = 0" to see if this acts as a boolean. (verified and works)

IVC Guide

IVC is a communication tool for Falcon BMS very much like teamspeak (and not going deeper on that smile )

When you connect (COMMS and as guide above), choose the IP above also as IVC server:

[Linked Image]

(I am connecting from inside my LAN but I faked the numbers relevant for you guys)

This will minimize your Falcon (yes, horrible thought but usually trouble free since you're not in 3D yet)
You should now have two small icons in your taskbar:

[Linked Image]

Click on the Yellow IVC Client and verify connection is etablished:

[Linked Image]

Return to Falcon BMS and you should now see this:

[Linked Image]

Proceed as above.

When in UI you can talk to people using F1 and F2:

[Linked Image]

and when in pit you talk on your channels using the UHF (Uniform in geek speak) and VHF (Victor in geek speak)

[Linked Image]

Everyone is welcome.
As stated elsewhere, if you're not comfortable talking to others feel free to join all silent anyhow and do your best.
You can always listen to us and try to coop at your best effort.

Killing friendly F-15's is my job though (frigging g'damnit)

Oh and btw, ingame channels are default:
UHF1 - flight 1 (in a package)
UHF2 - flight 2
etc..

VHF6 - package 1
VHF7 - package 2

etc.
VHF13 - Guard, talk to everyone!

UHF15 or VHF15 (usually UHF) is tower - move to UHF1 after takeoff to silence that darn ATC talking to everyone else.

Mind you, sitting on UHF15 and VHF13 when someone talks on UHF1 for the flight, you will not hear anything.

Last edited by theOden; 06/04/17 05:02 AM. Reason: IVC Guide
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4348538 - 04/02/17 01:07 PM Re: BMS 4.33 u3 Dedicated Server [Re: theOden]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
There is a god! Thank you Oden, I will test this today!

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#4348539 - 04/02/17 01:09 PM Re: BMS 4.33 u3 Dedicated Server [Re: theOden]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Be aware, this airbase ATC talks on VHF 118.00 so trying to "Set Tower" on UHF (like we usually do) you will get these zeroes:

Yes, and it's kinda cool because you can set proximity/guard on Uniform and have the base on Victor. No fooling with the frequencies after that. Of course you might want to silence the tower.

#4348542 - 04/02/17 01:21 PM Re: BMS 4.33 u3 Dedicated Server [Re: theOden]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

oh I always do! well before Push Point.
I usually run UHF 1 (or 2 those rare occasions I am flight 2 in the package) and VHF 6 for package 1
Never really dial in 13 like I read many do. Maybe that's an online thingy?

Last edited by theOden; 04/02/17 01:27 PM.
#4348543 - 04/02/17 01:26 PM Re: BMS 4.33 u3 Dedicated Server [Re: theOden]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
Nice one!

13 is where most AI do their talking, IIRC.

- Ice
#4348552 - 04/02/17 02:14 PM Re: BMS 4.33 u3 Dedicated Server [Re: theOden]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
What is the reason to go with 32 bit? Just curious, I have no idea what the difference is. I guess I just assume 64 bit is the way to go. What advantages if any does 32 give us?

#4348555 - 04/02/17 03:06 PM Re: BMS 4.33 u3 Dedicated Server [Re: theOden]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

Overall I have had more issues running x64 such as game hangs upon exit but if 32-bit runs ok I will try x64 too.

Just killed another airbase (Durandal style) but I have noticed a few issues.
First, my wingman seems to disappear. I can see him at RAMP and I see him taxi (looong taxi on this base so I usually T/O before he reach hold short) and the winman menu shows active.
Calling him to say weapons or something random he does not respond and later on the wingman menu is grey.

Now of course I am a special case since I connect from inside my LAN (with help of "set g_bClientServerConnection 1" going strict Client/Server) so hopefully I will be the only one having weird issues.

This last flight I had two "PAUSE" events (blue text flashing) for a few seconds and then the sim accelerates to x4 a few seconds and then x2 for a short period before I get back to normal speed.

In other news, ATC kept me flying around the base so I forced myself to final only to see a frigging A-10 standing on the runway so I had to break off and go around.

He seemed to enjoy that spot so I made a forced landing anyhow:

[Linked Image]

For future reference, cool guys park inside the balloon tent smile

[Linked Image]

Overall it was a good mission but when I looked at the debrief I noticed I was more lucky than I knew when flying.
I know there was a MiG-29 looking at me but I never realized he fired too but that SA-6 was a complete surprise, scary!
The SA-7 must have been fended of by my ingress and egress chaff/flare (default program 4) - I never saw that one either.

[Linked Image]

#4348568 - 04/02/17 03:58 PM Re: BMS 4.33 u3 Dedicated Server [Re: theOden]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
How long ago were you on? I just tested it and it seemed to go mostly fine, but I also had wingman issues. I fragged a zero-time BARCAP with a couple of HARMs. I chose taxi and got clearance. I taxied out on to the runway but the wingman got stuck right where you make the turn. I took off but he stayed stuck, also holding up another BARCAP I had fragged to assist. So after a few minutes I exited and then rejoined. Wingman was now in formation.

Took out a Fan Song and a Barlock radar, wingman got two Fire Cans. I shot down a Galeb but was then shot down myself by a SA-6 while at 25,000 feet. Wingman got two MiG-21s.

After my experiences the past few days the thing I noticed most was the CAVU weather. Quite comfortable I must say smile

#4348571 - 04/02/17 04:08 PM Re: BMS 4.33 u3 Dedicated Server [Re: theOden]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

Good Job DBond!
Well, besides that darn SA-6, again!
it sure is personal now haha, campaign isn't over until all SA-6 batteries are smoking.

You know what, I will try to frag a flight from another base and see it there is something up with Brnik in particular.

We must have missed eachothers by mere minutes.

I'll fly this one from SimHQ TS, just in case you don't use IVC yet.

#4348573 - 04/02/17 04:11 PM Re: BMS 4.33 u3 Dedicated Server [Re: theOden]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Yes, I was on SimHQ TS. I will pop in, in a bit.

#4348574 - 04/02/17 04:13 PM Re: BMS 4.33 u3 Dedicated Server [Re: theOden]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
When I joined the campaign clock was running (about 0830 hours). I left it stopped. Does that stopped state stick?

#4348602 - 04/02/17 06:23 PM Re: BMS 4.33 u3 Dedicated Server [Re: theOden]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted by theOden
Overall it was a good mission but when I looked at the debrief I noticed I was more lucky than I knew when flying.
I know there was a MiG-29 looking at me but I never realized he fired too but that SA-6 was a complete surprise, scary!
The SA-7 must have been fended of by my ingress and egress chaff/flare (default program 4) - I never saw that one either.

I cannot help but recommend ACMI'ing your flights!! So many things to learn.... you'd probably see what happened to your wingman as well. TacView has a free version that you can try out and if you like it, I may have a spare key for the Advanced (Professional) version I could sell for cheap.

- Ice
#4348612 - 04/02/17 06:46 PM Re: BMS 4.33 u3 Dedicated Server [Re: theOden]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

Server is now running 64-bit.

We managed to kill an SA-6 again, feels good.

DBond on final:

[Linked Image]

Landing like he never done anything else, textbook style smile

[Linked Image]

Two awesome e-pilots from 22 FS allocated at Brnik:

[Linked Image]

We think the overall performance was better in 64-bit so I will keep it as such until further.

Anyone, feel free to harass the server during the week to see if it has durability.

Good idea Ice, doesn't eat disk space does it - ACMI that is?

#4348617 - 04/02/17 06:51 PM Re: BMS 4.33 u3 Dedicated Server [Re: theOden]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Thanks for the server Oden! And also for getting retribution on the Straight Flush that guided the missile that shot me down in my first mission. thumbsup

Oden on my wing

[Linked Image]

Oden's perfect landing on Brnik One-Two from 6,000 feet on the downwind leg. A-10s holding short

[Linked Image]

Attached Files OdenWing.jpgOdenLanding.jpg

#4348618 - 04/02/17 07:05 PM Re: BMS 4.33 u3 Dedicated Server [Re: theOden]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Landing like he never done anything else, textbook style smile

Boards are closed frown

Good idea Ice, doesn't eat disk space does it - ACMI that is?

It does and will obviously be dependent on how long the flight is. I've set mine to limit 500MB... if the ACMI gets to more than 500MB, it'll just make a "part 2" of the ACMI recording.

- Ice
#4348641 - 04/02/17 09:46 PM Re: BMS 4.33 u3 Dedicated Server [Re: theOden]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
That was fun Oden, thanks for doing this. I don't know how feasible it is for you to run a server continuously, but it's great to have this option for now. I will hop on later and fly another. Gotta get the Red attack stopped and get the boys in blue rolling for Banja Luka.

BoP happens to be the same campaign I am playing offline. It won't be long before our reinforcements arrive in strength. So I don't think it will make much of a difference if we keep one or two Viper squadrons reserved for our use. Once the front starts moving east, Brnik will grow further and further from the front. The Italian boot/heel bases though remain more or less the same throughout. Anyway, no reason we can't fly from any or all of them. It's easy to whip up a mission anytime we are ready to go.

You mentioned this being a test. If we go for a full run, we should do some work on sliders and PAKs so we aren't flying to Belgrade on the first morning. I mean, who would do that? biggrin

Thanks again for putting it up.

#4348650 - 04/02/17 10:31 PM Re: BMS 4.33 u3 Dedicated Server [Re: theOden]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
This last flight I had two "PAUSE" events (blue text flashing) for a few seconds and then the sim accelerates to x4 a few seconds and then x2 for a short period before I get back to normal speed.
[

I just noticed this. I think that was me, and we were indeed in the server at the same time. Since I was on TS and you weren't I guess I assumed you weren't flying. I tested to see if time accel would work and I saw the same thing you are describing here. Caused by me I am certain.

#4348743 - 04/03/17 02:08 PM Re: BMS 4.33 u3 Dedicated Server [Re: theOden]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
I hopped on last night and it was about 1800 hours in-game. There were about 5 or 6 Red flights around Zagreb, though none looked to be inbound, or heading deeper past Zagreb. But I thought if there are that many there now, by the time I get there, there should be more.

So I fragged a two-ship straight BARCAP and took off. Flew back and forth capping Zagreb for 40 minutes without a single Red aircraft making an appearance and I flew back and landed. Not sure why there seems to be so little Red air activity? What challenge rating is it? I forgot to look.

On the plus side of the ledger, Blue was consolidating in preparation for an offensive. I did look at the Intel levels and saw our ground troops have taken a bit of a beating. That's the problem with dedicated servers in Balkans. Since the ATO does such a sh!tty job of fragging defensive air, Red is free to roam around our rear eek and drop FABs or whatever on our poor little pixeltruppen.

I love the Balkans theater, but if we are to have a dedicated server AND if we cannot stop the clock, perhaps Korea would be a better choice since the ATO will at least frag a decent number of BARCAPs.

#4348785 - 04/03/17 04:26 PM Re: BMS 4.33 u3 Dedicated Server [Re: theOden]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

Same as when we flew earlier then, all empty skies.
Will try some more ground pounding after dinner (early this time smile ) and see if that could attract some red air (Murphy's Law).

And yes, the ded.server comes with it's own issues such as ATO behaviour while players "idle" - even worse when I turn HQ off for our 22nd Squadron.
As long as we're not short of airframes there is really no need for me to disable the HQ spawing of packages - we could just call off a flight or three if we actually get the "no planes available" notice.

But as said, this is test/experiment/evaluation so all kind of approaches should be tried.

I'll keep this one running until tuesday/wednesday and then switch to KTO/RollingFire and see if we notice any difference.

#4348790 - 04/03/17 05:04 PM Re: BMS 4.33 u3 Dedicated Server [Re: theOden]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Sounds good . I want to offer to set up the campaign to be run. I could set initial sliders. PAKS and set an opening frag order to smash the Red attack once they come out of their holes. Maybe even use Mission Commander to change our base to the sweet digs at Kimpo. Standing offer. No offense taken if you choose otherwise. smile

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.