Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
#4342230 - 03/05/17 09:18 PM Re: A full scale St. Omer for WOFF UE ***** [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Lou and PR

I will wait for PR to finish the population before I test the impact. Thanks Guys!

(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4

#4342237 - 03/05/17 09:48 PM Re: A full scale St. Omer for WOFF UE [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
BuckeyeBob Offline
BuckeyeBob  Offline

Ohio, USA
Looking very good, Lou. If you are looking for someone with a low-end video card to test it out, I'm your man!

“With Major Lawrence, mercy is a passion. With me it is merely good manners. You may judge which motive is the more reliable.”
#4342320 - 03/06/17 01:31 PM Re: A full scale St. Omer for WOFF UE [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Thanks BuckeyeBob, I will be sure and provide you the files when they are ready and you can give it a go.

I have just sent along the beta download to Panama Red and once he has worked his magic I will offer up a fully populated beta version so that folks can see how it works on their systems. So far on mine it runs quite smoothly, even in the summer of 1918, provided you allow everything a few moments to initially load when you are first on the field. As most do here I pop out of the cockpit and pan around a few times and that seems to do the trick for the reminder of the sortie.

[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.
"pippy-pahpah-pippy pah-pip-pah"

#4343086 - 03/09/17 03:38 PM Re: A full scale St. Omer for WOFF UE [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

As I get closer to having the beta version of this mod ready for folks to try out I thought a brief description of how you could make use of it in your various RFC/RNAS/RAF campaigns might be helpful. While there are a good many squadrons that will be posted to fly from St. Omer during the war, you can still enjoy the place even if you are not currently assigned to operate from it, and here's how. When you are allocated a new aircraft during the course of one of your British careers in WOFF you could choose, either via JJJ65's outstanding Mission Editor or by Quick Combat, to nurse one of your squadron's old clapped-out planes to St. Omer and pick up your spiffing new one to fly back home with. If you choose to do this and upon your approach to the Aircraft Depot you will want to be sure to land, and later take off, from the proper end of the complex or you will, in all likelihood, receive a severe dressing down from the Operations Officer or any number of brass hats who might be milling about and witness your rhubarb. The attached diagram should aid in providing you a better understanding of the facility's layout and thus minimize the possibility of you looking like a half-witted fledgling when you arrive.

(right-click on image and open in new window to view it full size)
[Linked Image]

Hope to have the beta version, sans winter textures, available to you all by sometime this weekend, Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise.

Cheers!

Lou

Attached Files WOFF UE St Omer Diagram 001.jpg

[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.

#4343095 - 03/09/17 03:55 PM Re: A full scale St. Omer for WOFF UE [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Thanks Lou for the operational protocol. I suspect we should include such knowledge with the mod Readme file.

Oh, and with respect to the "rising creek", that is likely less of a problem than facing heavy snowfalls of immense height, given the location of your home. yep

(System_Specs)

#4343850 - 03/12/17 11:27 AM Re: A full scale St. Omer for WOFF UE [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF28Jenks Offline
Barmy Aviator Ordinaire'
RAF28Jenks  Offline
Barmy Aviator Ordinaire'

Kentucky
eek2 WoW Lou!! thumbsup
St. Omer looks amazing so far! That is incredible looking.
And with the wife out of town, i'm tripping over myself to dawn my cap and goggles. exitstageleft
Can't wait to try it out! pilot
Word of your talent is spreading across the land! charge

RAF28Jenks
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
RBWL 3 - 2002

#4343918 - 03/12/17 07:54 PM Re: A full scale St. Omer for WOFF UE [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Raine Offline
Raine  Offline

New Brunswick, Canada
Lou,

I'm back at my WOFF desk tomorrow night and can't wait to see this and Mossy Face in the game. Thank you for your amazing work!

#4344020 - 03/13/17 11:41 AM Re: A full scale St. Omer for WOFF UE - Beta version available now [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Raine, Jenks, Robert, and All,

My St. Omer mod is now available in beta form for you to try out. While you can use it during any period of the war it currently does not have the winter textures so you will need to avoid the snowy days of the year for now. Here is the download link for the JSGME-ready version:

St. Omer Mod Beta download

Additional aerodrome figures and buildings were generously provided by Geezer, many thanks Sir for these. Further, Panama Red populated the facility using the aforementioned figures and many thanks to you as well Sir for your efforts. And of course a big thank you to the devs for creating this marvelous sim in the first place.

Please let me know how this mod performs for you during different times of the war and in various weather conditions, air activity levels, and the like. Thanks folks and enjoy!

EDIT: Forgot to mention that you will need Version 6 of the additional aerodrome figures and items that Panama Red has put together. Also, be sure and disable all other aerodrome mods before trying out this one. Hopefully Robert will add it to his all-inclusive aerodrome mod soon and that will make things quicker and easier.

Lou

[Linked Image]

#4344024 - 03/13/17 12:16 PM Re: A full scale St. Omer for WOFF UE - Beta version available now [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

By the way, if everything has loaded for you as it should, this is what you will now see in the sim when flying about St. Omer:

[Linked Image]

Attached Files WOFF UE St Omer 019.jpg

[Linked Image]

#4344116 - 03/13/17 08:39 PM Re: A full scale St. Omer for WOFF UE - Beta version available now [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Lou and Panama;

I just finished a half hour stint in QC taking off, landing (both auto pilot and manual) and generally exploring the field. Gentlemen you have outdone yourselves on this one! It is going to be a hard act to follow, for sure!

What an amazing piece of work by both of you. The exceptional planning of detailed layout for buildings and infrastructure and not to forget model figure placement is bar none, the finest I have seen to date in WOFF. Add to this, the improvements of textures rendered by 4L0M's Effects mod makes flying at this site a must.
There is one small glitch with a texture file for one of the building types used in the St Omer mod which causes the hanger type to pop and give the impression of missing sides and roof at times. I'm sure 4L0M will have this fixed soon but if it bothers you too much just disable the effects mod until the fix is released.

Cudos to both of you!

Best Regards;

Last edited by Robert_Wiggins; 03/13/17 08:39 PM.

(System_Specs)

#4344248 - 03/14/17 11:09 AM Re: A full scale St. Omer for WOFF UE - Beta version available now [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Glad you like the mod Robert, this particular one has been a personal labor of love for me. I have nearly 100 hours into it so far and will likely invest another 30 or more creating the winter textures and making final tweaks and such. Panama Red did a super job placing the figures about the place and breathing even more life into it all.

I hope to receive some more feedback on this one from folks with a variety of systems in terms of how it affects overall performance in the sim. If it happens that we can have a facility of this size and scope operating with no ill effects on play-ability it opens up the door to a lot of others that could be added as time goes on.

Happy flights and cheers all!

[Linked Image]

#4346955 - 03/26/17 01:03 PM Re: A full scale St. Omer for WOFF UE - Beta version available now [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Morning All,

It's been two weeks and I am wondering how this mod is working out for folks. Apart from Robert's initial comments I've gotten no other feedback and I would very much like to know if people are seeing a performance hit when running the mod and if so to what extent. Thanks.

Lou

#4346985 - 03/26/17 03:45 PM Re: A full scale St. Omer for WOFF UE - Beta version available now [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
AceMedic88 Offline
AceMedic88  Offline

Niagara Falls, NY
Lou, I've been using it since you released it...used mission editor to have some missions dropping off old rigs and bringing the new one back. I haven't noticed any issues, FPS seems to be about the same as everywhere else. At this point, I'm just ready for all season textures.

Love it and it's a must have.

I got fired as the door man at a sperm bank.
Apparently it's in poor taste to tell leaving customers "Thanks for coming."

Former U.S. Army Medic - SGT.
#4347048 - 03/26/17 08:58 PM Re: A full scale St. Omer for WOFF UE - Beta version available now [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
BuckeyeBob Offline
BuckeyeBob  Offline

Ohio, USA
Lou,

I've been able to get a few short circuits in QC and have not noticed any serious degradations in performance. This is with patch 4.14 with air activity and airfield density at medium. There may be a few drops in fps, but honestly, I thought it ran a little smoother, although it could just be my imagination.

My system is relatively modest, with a weak GPU:
i-2500K 3.3 GHz O/C to 4.4 GHz
250 MB SSD drive
NVidia 460 GTX v.2 (1Gb video ram)
8 Gb Ram
Win 7

I look forward to seeing the final product!

“With Major Lawrence, mercy is a passion. With me it is merely good manners. You may judge which motive is the more reliable.”
#4347096 - 03/27/17 04:08 AM Re: A full scale St. Omer for WOFF UE - Beta version available now [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
BuckeyeBob Offline
BuckeyeBob  Offline

Ohio, USA
I've had a chance to do a little more testing, and I'm afraid I made a mistake. Instead of using Panama Reds Airfield version 6.0, I was using his version 5.0. When I started using the updated version, i noticed a slight drop in my fps. Overall, I estimate a loss of somewhere around 10 fps when using the mod on my system. Still, I thought it quite playable, and as I said before, it seems somewhat smoother.

Plugging in the mod, you really get a feeling for the sheer size of the airfield at St. Omer. Unmodded, you can fly over the airfield from end to end in less than 20 seconds. With Lou's mod, it takes roughly a minute and a half to fly over the whole thing -- maybe more! Lou, PR, and Geezer have really done a bang up job recreating a sense of what the real flyers in WWI might have experienced when flying over this facility. Kudos!

#4348950 - 04/04/17 12:07 PM Re: A full scale St. Omer for WOFF UE - Beta version available now [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

A fantastic airfield,the sheer scale of St Omer with your mod is staggering Lou.

I'm really looking forward to the final release with the winter textures and will it one day be incorporated into Roberts consolidated airfield mod?

It runs fine for me only a small drop in FPS,but still smooth (i7 4790k, GTX 1070) cheers

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
#4348967 - 04/04/17 01:06 PM Re: A full scale St. Omer for WOFF UE - Beta version available now [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Adger

Lou's Omer is already in the consolidated mod and I plan to keep it updated as changes become available.

Cheers Mate

(System_Specs)

#4348972 - 04/04/17 01:39 PM Re: A full scale St. Omer for WOFF UE - Beta version available now [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Originally Posted by Robert_Wiggins
Adger

Lou's Omer is already in the consolidated mod and I plan to keep it updated as changes become available.

Cheers Mate

Thanks Robert that,ll teach me to read the necessary posts more duh

Much appreciated mate

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
#4360041 - 05/29/17 01:50 PM Re: A full scale St. Omer for WOFF UE - Beta version available now [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

[Linked Image]

Is that St. Omer all snowy and bleak? I think it is. biggrin

The winter textures are at long last done for my labour of love. The completed mod should be available soon on Sandbagger's WOFF UE mod page and very likely in Robert's Consolidated Mod as well.

Cheers, and a safe and peaceful Memorial Day to all my friends here in the States.

Lou

Attached Files WOFF_UE_St_Omer_winter_full_001.jpg

[Linked Image]

#4360060 - 05/29/17 03:15 PM Re: A full scale St. Omer for WOFF UE - Beta version available now [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
BuckeyeBob Offline
BuckeyeBob  Offline

Ohio, USA
Looks absolutely fantastic (and cold), Lou!

Thank you for all of the hard work and taking time out of your holiday weekend to get it done. I can't wait to start a winter career there now!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM