Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
#4346792 - 03/25/17 12:44 PM Re: DCS 1.5 / 2.0 Updates discussion thread ***** [Re: Floyd]  
xXNightEagleXx Offline
xXNightEagleXx  Offline

Originally Posted by Floyd
Originally Posted by xXNightEagleXx

I guess the real sad point is that probably by the time 2.5 will be released or really close to be released (obviously alpha version), ED will announce DCS 3.0 and then you will see again bad usage or resource and 2.5 taking years to even reach beta (an extremely bugged beta) and 3.0 will take even further to hit alpha.

I follow Ice's argumentation.
We should concentrate on FACTS and take ED by their word. The Normandy map will release late May
and then they concentrate on the Caucasus merge for 2.5.
Then i expect a period of bug fixes and features like ATC, AI, clouds etc - announced long time ago
and not yet implemented (the dedicated server already got sacked).
Don't get personal, stick to the FACTS - and kick them in the ass if they miss the mark,
just by putting FACTS on the table. All the bla bla bla will get us nowhere - stick to the FACTS.
If in doubt, i give you an example:
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=184337
I've seen NO comment from the devs ... we should give them credit for the 2.5 merge though,
but after that it is time to deliver. I can't imagine ANY excuse for obvious bugs not getting fixed.
If they argue with SoH and the F/A-18 after the 2.5 merge - they'll better close shop,
because we've been through that before: wait and wait because all will be super duper
in the so bright future - it's the facts that count, not their wishful thinking.

Game development in overall is a place where you cannot just blindly trust devs . This new era of pre-alpha/alpha sales and kickstart projects (both dcs and non dcs games) taught me to not buy any game based purely on what it can become because it is purely hypothetical and hardly get translated into reality. Some developers will get your money and run, others will get lost in their messy development and some will do both (as soon as they realize that they are failing to delivery what has been promised they just quit and start a new project).
That said any optimism on DCS is gone by at least 4 years. A few FACTS:

- A-10C took years to hit gold!
- Nevada is being developed by what ? 5 years? and still has not even reached beta (i'm talking about real beta and not alpha disguised as beta).
- Amazing use of resources (sarcasms here), develop 3 version at the same time of which 2 will become obsolete....that's what i call optimization.
- Wonderful development background history (again sarcasm here), each update they release will fix a minor bug, ignore major bugs and introduce new minor and major bugs.
- Promised features that has never been delivered for one reason or another.
- Very long list of bugs, some really old and crucial to the nature of the game itself like air missiles weapons.

I have already said the same what you said, as soon they finish X they will have to start to delivery Y but what happened was once developing X they announced Z which postponed Y and Q (that was promised with Z).

I've skipped LOMAC because i never liked it, then i bought A-10C and BS2 just to try something else over falcon (which is still by far the best out there for me). I got really excited because although they had A LOT OF FLAWS, i saw a potential and i thought "jesus, they can only get better".....oh boy i was simply wrong! I also said to others to be patient because they have to iron out a few things but sure it will get better in short/medium term. Not only they did not improved but also did a few step back (both A-10 and BS standalone was a better finished product at that time than DCS world today).

Furthermore, i have to say.....i gave it a try, and yes really nice flight dynamics but this is it? Damn it i'm looking for a combat simulator not a training simulator. If i have to fly for the pure joy of doing virtual flights then well I would rather stick to X-Plane which simulates the overall flight experience 1000 times better. As you can see my conclusion is that DCS is neither a valid combat game/simulator nor a valid flight game/simulator, it takes no position but just sit there in the middle. Now if you add their development background reputation, the new idea on how milk customers (WW2 AI which shows where they are heading to) and for last but not least they PR background reputation.................it leads me to the conclusion that it just not worth and don't even deserve a penny!!!!

Last edited by xXNightEagleXx; 03/25/17 10:07 PM.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4346798 - 03/25/17 01:23 PM Re: DCS 1.5 / 2.0 Updates discussion thread [Re: xXNightEagleXx]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
Originally Posted by Art_J
So there has been some troubleshooting going on behind the scenes, for core functionality of the sim at last. For those of us, who were in the unfortunate group of guys affected by the "updates", having the planes flyable again is quite SOMETHING I'd say.

I've got something more amazing... how about "updates" not breaking things? How about "updates" not messing with the core of the sim, namely planes that can do what they're supposed to do which is fly? Fixing something that wasn't broken in the first place isn't really anything to brag about, in fact, if it were me, I'd be ashamed of having to fix something that didn't need fixing before the "updates."

- A-10C took years to hit gold!
- Nevada is being developed by what ? 5 years? and still has not even reached beta (i'm talking about real beta and alpha disguised as beta).

What else were they working on when they were doing DCS A-10C or even DCS BS2? I would bet they weren't doing anything else. Compare that to now where they're spread across so many projects.... managing 3rd party aircraft and campaigns, making a new map, juggling 3 dev branches...

- Very long list of bugs, some really old and crucial to the nature of the game itself like air missiles weapons.

And some people here questioned my use of the term "we."

I got really excited because although they had A LOT OF FLAWS, i saw a potential and i thought "jesus, they can only get better".....oh boy i was simply wrong! I also said to others to be patient because they have to iron out a few things but sure it will get better in short/medium term. Not only they did not improved but also did a few step back (both A-10 and BS standalone was a better finished product at that time than DCS world today).

Potential is only great if you can tap it. You could be sitting on top of the biggest store of oil, bigger than what the Middle East could ever dream of, but if you have no way to tap it, it might as well not be there in the first place. In ED's case, not only are they not tapping this resource/potential, they're messing about with other alternatives and branching out every which way. As a "shareholder," this is very frustrating to watch and after 6-7 years, it start to beg the question of the competence of the people in the company.

Furthermore, i have to say.....i gave it a try, and yes really nice flight dynamics but this is it? Damn it i'm looking for a combat simulator not a training simulator.

Indeed, it's more of an airframe simulator. There is a bit of combat but it's so scripted that it's only really useful for training. A good "combat" environment can be scripted and be scripted well enough to hide the fact that it's scripted, but God bless whoever is doing all that work and I hope he's getting good money for his efforts!

If i have to fly for the pure joy of doing virtual flights then well I would rather stick to X-Plane which simulates the overall flight experience 1000 times better.

Oh, and I dunno... you've got this slight, slight, very, very tiny eetsy bitsy miniscule advantage of flying over ANYWHERE ON EARTH. biggrin

- Ice
#4347617 - 03/29/17 01:18 PM Re: DCS 1.5 / 2.0 Updates discussion thread [Re: watermanpc]  
watermanpc Offline
watermanpc  Offline

Spain
DCS 2.0.5.3521 Update 3

DCS World
Fixed issue of SF protection that caused of random malfunctions in the game:
- L-39 engine stops right after entering the mission.
- L-39 starts perpendicular to RWY.
- Bf-109 Gauges don't work, engine stop (out of fuel).
- Mirage 2000C no way to go to afterburner, even with the throttle full open. It stops at 84 instead of over 240 fuel flow. After about 30 seconds in the air, it trims uncontrollably up, like the Viggen, but much worse.
- A-10C Crash when battery switch is used from cold.
- F-5 Freezes completely DCS, CTD, regardless if in the air or ground.
- Spitfire Fuel on 0%, engine stops after a few seconds.
- Spitfire lots of cockpit animation don't work.
- F-15C control axis don't work.
Fixed crash caused by damage certain elements of A-10A.
Helipad icon on F10 view will change color after capturing by other coalition.
Change customized cockpit will take effect without restarting DCS.
Incorrect parking place in some QS missions on second launch fixed.
AI helicopters will have a clouds of dust effect near ground surface.

DCS C-101 by AvioDev
Added missing C-101 EB/CC default skin to several countries in ME. Added Chile, Honduras, Jordan and USAF Aggressor skins to their respective countries in ME.

DCS M-2000 by RAZBAM
Fixed issue that caused a huge FPS drop with enabled mirrors and opened canopy.

i7 6700K/// Z170X-UD3 /// GB GTX 1070G1 /// 16Gb@2800 /// SSD + 1Tb Barracuda x2 (DCS here) /// NOX Hummer M750 /// HOTAS WartHog /// DIY IR Clip+Opentrack+PS3 EYE 60-120fps /// Win10 pro 64

#4347745 - 03/29/17 10:12 PM Re: DCS 1.5 / 2.0 Updates discussion thread [Re: watermanpc]  
leaf_on_the_wind Offline
leaf_on_the_wind  Offline

Damn still no 1.5.6 patch that fixes the constantly crashing when trying to host a server ................

Ferengi Rule of acquisition #1 Once you have their money ... never give it back.

#4348052 - 03/31/17 11:43 AM Re: DCS 1.5 / 2.0 Updates discussion thread [Re: watermanpc]  
watermanpc Offline
watermanpc  Offline

Spain
Todays patch for 1.5:

DCS 1.5.6.3690 Update 1

DCS World
Restored autobriefing info in simulation.
External views and F5 view will be allowed for 'Game Master'.
AI planes will able to perform high G turns in the aerobatics tasks.
LOD of Oliver Perry corrected.
Start of ATGM Vikhr will produce warning on A-10C MWS.
MP. Kuznetsov carrier. Clients will not spawn in one place.
Scripts. Game crash when player issues command Group.destroy() to their own group fixed.
Crash when civilian traffic died fixed.
Gunpads sound will heard for all aircraft.
BetAB-500ShP booster fire effect corrected.
S-24 rocket. Corrected a rocket motor flame volume.
AIM-7M. DLZ calculation corrected.
AI fighters will be able to attack a low IR signature helicopters with short-range AA missiles.
Flight model. Eliminated of parasitic lift ground effect appears in flight under objects.
Invalid number of chaff/flares in rearming menu fixed.
ME. Voice Over in the triggered action can be localized now.
Helipad icon on F10 view will change color after capturing by other coalition.
AI helicopters will have a clouds of dust effect near ground surface.
MP. Repairing client no longer causes crash. Fixed an occasional crash that could occur when restarting mission. Other stability improvements.

DCS C-101 by AvioDev
New item not present in latest 2.0.5 version:
Added missing C-101 EB/CC default skin to several countries in ME. Added Chile, Honduras, Jordan and USAF Aggressor skins to their respective countries in ME.
Items already present in latest 2.0.5 version:
Fixed collision model to improve FPS, especially when flying close to some objects.
Improved flaps external model.
Fixed auto startup sequence. No more BLOC.CAB announcement after autostart.
Fixed main wheels coordinates, wheel smoke will be shown correctly now.
Fixed helmet visor texture (removed banding).

DCS FC 3
Bomb-fall line on Russian aircraft HUDs will not flashing.
Su-27. Corrected wheel brakes. Added new command for brakes - LShift+W.

DCS Ka-50
FPS drops by half when NAV mode of ABRIS enabled with Water - Low option fixed.

DCS A-10C
A turn coordination with SAS enabled corrected.
Training. A-10C-Training-Navigation.miz - TACAN triggers corrected

DCS AJS 37 by Heatblur Simulations
Changed height definition (parking space size)
Added weapon chart to /Docs/
Fix for series-launch after re-arm
Updated warheads for rockets
Implemented MP Friendly BK90
Added localization support for hints and inputs
Fixed some tooltip popups
Added customized cockpit support (EN Cockpit incoming!)
Added localization PO files
Added CN hint and encyclopedia localization
Added RU localization of payloads/failures/mission names
Corrected RB 15 missing its' target
Corrected silent RWR
Corrected RB-04 and RB-15 for the AI
Fixed CTD when entering a mission with a carrier and other ships in the same group
Improved structural damage
Added Over-G sounds
Added basic force feedback implementation
Added key commands for stick
Rebuilt AFK landing mode
Possibly fixed RB-04 and RB-15 rearm issues
Fixed some keyboard flight control commands
Fixed FORMLJUS shining on wing instead of vertical tailplane
Fixed gap in front panel in external view
Fixed pylons poking through interior of intake
Fixed see through behind FLI ball
Re-fixed E-W on FLI ball
Re-fixed gap in front canopy rim
Optimized various cockpit parts
Fixed TILS light staying on after landing
AKAN gunpod sounds added (ED)
Various misc texture fixes
Flaps now retract over 8+ seconds, easing lift loss after takeoff
Refactored high alpha warning system
fixed ground collision warning staying on after power off
Fixed RB-XX name format
Corrected small icon
Fixed missing ‘4’ on Altitude Gauge

DCS MiG-21Bis by Leatherneck Simulations
Adjusted suspension dampers.
Adjusted axis roll at slow speeds.
Adjusted low speed drag in landing configuration.
Adjusted acceleration in climb and turning.
Fixed unusual event when AOA stalls, caused aircraft to enter uncontrollable roll.
Fixed RSBN, PRMG, SAU automatic landing modes, causing unwanted oscillations.
Fixed default chaff and flare quantities for ASO-2 configuration.
Fixed the armament selection switch’s logic.
Adjusted IR missiles’ detection range.
Fixed radar ground reflections’ algorithm while flying inverted.
Added landing/taxi lights 3 position commands.
ВДИ-30К altimeter now calibrated for International Standard Atmosphere
Fixed RSBN distance indicator changing from 019 to 020.
UPK-23-250 control box now shows.
Corrected “Main Red Lights” rotation animation.
Corrected ADI/HSI’s light illumination sequence.
Adjusted afterburner animation and sound synchronization.

DCS L-39
Fixed errors in artificial horizon behaviour without power.
The wing hardpoints will be numbered correctly.
L-39 QS and Training missions updated.

DCS Combined Arms
SAM radar indicator will not disappear after switching Driver/Gunner/Radar positions. Driver/Gunner/Radar key commands changed.
Fixed DCS crash when player leaves ground unit with turned ON radar view.
Aiming of Tunguska (SA-19) with stabilization switch-on corrected.

DCS Spitfire IX
Update of EN Spitfire flight manual.

i7 6700K/// Z170X-UD3 /// GB GTX 1070G1 /// 16Gb@2800 /// SSD + 1Tb Barracuda x2 (DCS here) /// NOX Hummer M750 /// HOTAS WartHog /// DIY IR Clip+Opentrack+PS3 EYE 60-120fps /// Win10 pro 64

#4348123 - 03/31/17 05:12 PM Re: DCS 1.5 / 2.0 Updates discussion thread [Re: watermanpc]  
Haukka81 Offline
Haukka81  Offline

Kemij�rvi,Finland
You missed best part :

Known issue
Significant performance drop with enabled civilian traffic.

Its awesome how low quality their patches are :/

Buy hey 2.5 will come and save us ....make dcs great again!

I5 8400 , 16gb , GTX 1070 oc , Win10 64bit . Virpil T-50 27" monitor with 2560x1440 rez ... DCS + Oculus CV1 + Samsung Odyssey . (odyssey is better for flight sims)
#4348133 - 03/31/17 06:33 PM Re: DCS 1.5 / 2.0 Updates discussion thread [Re: watermanpc]  
Frederf Offline
Frederf  Offline

It's an annoyance. "New patch!" Run the updater "Your version is up to date." Oh, this patch was for Beta branch.

#4348135 - 03/31/17 06:38 PM Re: DCS 1.5 / 2.0 Updates discussion thread [Re: watermanpc]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

Yes, been trying to update and asking fellow flyers if they can find it.
Bollocks.

One would think that part should've been bold too, but who am I to complain.
(all ED Spies, did you see that? I complained about something ED related! run back home to mommy and tell!)

#4348139 - 03/31/17 06:57 PM Re: DCS 1.5 / 2.0 Updates discussion thread [Re: Haukka81]  
watermanpc Offline
watermanpc  Offline

Spain
Originally Posted by Haukka81
You missed best part :

Known issue
Significant performance drop with enabled civilian traffic.

Its awesome how low quality their patches are :/

Buy hey 2.5 will come and save us ....make dcs great again!

it wasnt there when I posted the message, so I guess they didnt even knew that when releasing the patch but realized the issue a few MINUTES after... also ground shadowing is still broken and they didnt even said a word about it... 2.5 better be the second Jesus Christ advent.

Last edited by watermanpc; 03/31/17 11:23 PM.

#4348158 - 03/31/17 08:23 PM Re: DCS 1.5 / 2.0 Updates discussion thread [Re: watermanpc]  
Dondy Offline
Dondy  Offline

Germany
And don't forget to deactivate your MiG21 before applying the patch! I missed this part in the forum and now have to revert back to the previous version. Delete the reg entries, DL again the new patch and activate the Mig21 again.

Last edited by Dondy; 03/31/17 08:24 PM.

In memory of the JaboG34 "Allgu" Memmingen 1959-2003
Last take-off: 17.12.2002 10:06am

Legends may sleep but they'll never die
#4348163 - 03/31/17 08:48 PM Re: DCS 1.5 / 2.0 Updates discussion thread [Re: Frederf]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted by theOden
(all ED Spies, did you see that? I complained about something ED related! run back home to mommy and tell!)

Check your warning level. Should've gone up a few percentage points! smile If not, do better next time.

Originally Posted by watermanpc
2.5 better be the second Jesus Crist advent.

I hope 2.5 is worth the wait...

Originally Posted by Dondy
Delete the reg entries, DL again the new patch and activate the Mig21 again.

Remember --- you paid for this module too! frown

Originally Posted by Frederf
It's an annoyance. "New patch!" Run the updater "Your version is up to date." Oh, this patch was for Beta branch.

I'm sorry... there's a "beta" branch for 1.5... and there's a "release" branch for 1.5??

- Ice
#4348170 - 03/31/17 09:26 PM Re: DCS 1.5 / 2.0 Updates discussion thread [Re: watermanpc]  
leaf_on_the_wind Offline
leaf_on_the_wind  Offline

Well the multiplayer hosting stability is still utter dog sh1te , server still keeps falling over

much crap patch

Such crappy coding

WOW

Ferengi Rule of acquisition #1 Once you have their money ... never give it back.

#4348197 - 03/31/17 11:25 PM Re: DCS 1.5 / 2.0 Updates discussion thread [Re: watermanpc]  
watermanpc Offline
watermanpc  Offline

Spain
I have just been kicked off for no reason...niiiiiiiceee!

#4348209 - 04/01/17 12:28 AM Re: DCS 1.5 / 2.0 Updates discussion thread [Re: watermanpc]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Kicked off as in ban hammered?

- Ice
#4348262 - 04/01/17 09:10 AM Re: DCS 1.5 / 2.0 Updates discussion thread [Re: watermanpc]  
Art_J Offline
Art_J  Offline

Warsaw, Poland
C'mon, patches have been always released for 1.x.x Beta branch first since the beginning of DCS (with a handful of exceptions last year when both branches got it on the same day), don't act as if You didn't know that.

For dedicated single players like me it brought quite a few important and long awaited fixes (especially for Viggen and the MiG-21, which is back to playable state now), so I consider it to be one of the best patches recently. Not so for multiplayer side it seems, however, so I'm not surprised some of You are miffed. The biggest eFF-up I see is not putting any warning in release notes about DRM overhaul procedure for MiG-21 owners. I was lucky enough to read relevant instruction in M3 section of the forum on Wednesday, so I prepared beforehand, but there are many who didn't and have to struggle now with the registry fixes and whatnot for the MiG.

#4348290 - 04/01/17 12:26 PM Re: DCS 1.5 / 2.0 Updates discussion thread [Re: watermanpc]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
One step forwards and two steps back. I'm not convinced just getting a module back to a playable state is 'progress' nor anything to be that thankful about. I'd much rather ED sorted this shoddy mess out.

Not a single bit of news regarding the progress of 2.5! Wasn't it supposed to be the next priority that followed the Spit and Normandy?....and with Normandy apparently close to release there must be someone working on 2.5.

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
#4348327 - 04/01/17 03:18 PM Re: DCS 1.5 / 2.0 Updates discussion thread [Re: - Ice]  
watermanpc Offline
watermanpc  Offline

Spain
Originally Posted by - Ice
Kicked off as in ban hammered?

Sorry but I dont understand what you mean (not english native so)...I meant kicked from a multiplayer sesion answering to the previous post...

Last edited by watermanpc; 04/01/17 03:19 PM.

#4348375 - 04/01/17 07:06 PM Re: DCS 1.5 / 2.0 Updates discussion thread [Re: Art_J]  
Frederf Offline
Frederf  Offline

Originally Posted by Art_J
C'mon, patches have been always released for 1.x.x Beta branch first since the beginning of DCS (with a handful of exceptions last year when both branches got it on the same day), don't act as if You didn't know that.

I don't know what you are smoking. The Beta branch hasn't existed for all of DCS. In fact it is a relatively recent invention. DCS launch 2008. Beta branch didn't exist until December 2015. You have a funny idea of when "always" is for 1.5 years out of a 9 year history. When a patch is released in the test build used by only testers and enthusiasts it isn't "out." A patch is out for DCS when it is out for the actual final product line. I have three shortcuts to update the three branches. If someone says "a DCS patch is out" they should say it in a way that I know which to check. "Hey, new patch out for DCS Main." "Hey, new patch out for DCS OB." "Hey, new patch out for DCS OA." There's no excuse for being a bad communicator. Stop being a bad communicator.

Also "You" isn't a proper noun and doesn't get capitalized. Learn to speak English or stop posting.

#4348376 - 04/01/17 07:10 PM Re: DCS 1.5 / 2.0 Updates discussion thread [Re: - Ice]  
Frederf Offline
Frederf  Offline

Originally Posted by - Ice

I'm sorry... there's a "beta" branch for 1.5... and there's a "release" branch for 1.5??

You've got it backward. There is not a branch for a version; there is a version for a branch. The branch is the object and it has the quality of a certain version number. Just like you wouldn't say "Green paint has the new 2018 BMW" you don't say "Version X.X has a DCS branch."

#4348388 - 04/01/17 07:52 PM Re: DCS 1.5 / 2.0 Updates discussion thread [Re: Frederf]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

Also "You" isn't a proper noun and doesn't get capitalized. Learn to speak English or stop posting.

Dude, that's over the top, even for the Grammar Police.

Last edited by HomeFries; 04/01/17 07:53 PM.

-Home Fries

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
- Robert A. Heinlein

The average naval aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring. These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.