Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4343527 - 03/10/17 08:50 PM New commanders trailer  
tempusmurphy Offline
tempusmurphy  Offline

outside London

what the hell have they done to that cobra biggrin

Dont think of it as being vastly outnumbered ... but just having a large target selection.

The only thing more accurate than incoming fire, is incoming friendly fire

Tracers work BOTH ways...

" I have a cunning plan my lord "
#4343534 - 03/10/17 09:24 PM Re: New commanders trailer [Re: tempusmurphy]  
adlabs6 Offline
Veteran
adlabs6  Offline
Veteran

Tracy Island
And the Asp... Looks like some interesting things ahead.

WARNING: This post contains opinions produced in a facility which also occasionally processes fact products.
#4343676 - 03/11/17 03:08 PM Re: New commanders trailer [Re: tempusmurphy]  
K6_Scorpion Offline
Ruler of the Free World
K6_Scorpion  Offline
Ruler of the Free World

Central FL
That got me charged up for the update...

With multi crew in 2.3, are we going to be able to allow our passengers to take over the scarab? I'm thiing, a couple of FAS steak in from orbit to do a quick touch and go, dropping off their scarabs just out of sight of the target...staying on station until the scarabs are in position... then hit the target from all sides.

------------
<Uh... put signature here... and stuff>
#4343688 - 03/11/17 04:01 PM Re: New commanders trailer [Re: K6_Scorpion]  
tempusmurphy Offline
tempusmurphy  Offline

outside London
Originally Posted by K6_Scorpion

With multi crew in 2.3, are we going to be able to allow our passengers to take over the scarab? I'm thiing, a couple of FAS steak in from orbit to do a quick touch and go, dropping off their scarabs just out of sight of the target...staying on station until the scarabs are in position... then hit the target from all sides.

not sure ... but how about this ... land your main ship and get out in the scarab ... then get the second person to launch in a fighter.. (not sure if you can launch fighters on the ground though) do the job and hightail it back to the ship get in and get away

Dont think of it as being vastly outnumbered ... but just having a large target selection.

The only thing more accurate than incoming fire, is incoming friendly fire

Tracers work BOTH ways...

" I have a cunning plan my lord "
#4344386 - 03/14/17 08:35 PM Re: New commanders trailer [Re: K6_Scorpion]  
Kazius Offline
Kazius  Offline

Originally Posted by K6_Scorpion

The only thing Multi-Crew can do is operate turreted weapons or fly one of the fighter ships. At the very most you can have a gunner and a fighter pilot. So basically a 3 person wing. While using multicrew, you can't have other non-fighter ships in your wing. Multicrew is a wing of its own.

Multicrew introduces profit duplicated awards for bounties. They are also changing this so wings of ships will also duplicate and not split the bounties.

Multicrew players can not operate scarabs, launch 2 fighters or pilot the owners ship. However the owner can launch his npc pilot to fly a 2nd fighter.

Multicrew do not share missions, cargo profit, or anything else. Only bounties.

To answer your question about launching a fighter while landed... you can not.

If you guys are looking at doing ground bases, I can help you guys out. I have a gunship that can wreck any land high security base. Just come find me in teamspeak in the elite dangerous channel most evenings. FYI there are usually 3+ of us playing ED and in Teamspeak on a regular basis and would look forward to meeting others who are playing Elite Dangerous.

[Linked Image]
#4344395 - 03/14/17 08:55 PM Re: New commanders trailer [Re: tempusmurphy]  
sinner6 Offline
sinner6  Offline

Fort Worth,TX
Good post Kazius. I am an Elite Beta backer, but feel like the game has only now gotten to the point that I'm interested in devoting time to it. That being said, I'll eventually end up on the Elite TS channel. Curious about where you and your crew is located? I'm still in the system I spawned in.

Steam: Sinner6
Uplay: Sinner76028
MWO: Sinner6
#4344688 - 03/16/17 01:48 AM Re: New commanders trailer [Re: Kazius]  
K6_Scorpion Offline
Ruler of the Free World
K6_Scorpion  Offline
Ruler of the Free World

Central FL
Thanks for the invite, I may check in at some point. Not sure about using TS though.. I'm on a satellite connection and that would probably kill what little bandwidth that I have for playing the game. I don't have a lot of time in ED, but I just started back playing again a few weeks ago.

------------
<Uh... put signature here... and stuff>
#4344950 - 03/17/17 05:29 AM Re: New commanders trailer [Re: tempusmurphy]  
Kazius Offline
Kazius  Offline

Right now many of us consider either in Gende, NLTT 7856 for home bases since A Lavigny-Duval who controls the system gives 20% more bounty for everyone regardless of joining her power or not. If you join her super power she gives another 25% or more bonus on top. Right now Nephilim and I are in Aditi as I found out this system rocks for grinding Empire rank. Gained almost 4 ranks in 6 days here. Will be able to buy the Cutter tomorrow smile I am going to see if I can find a similar system for people who want to grind up Federation rank as well. I ranked mine up doing donation missions mostly, but if I can find a place where there are 3 or more federation representatives that have missions only 1 jump away and only to the same system I will let everyone know.

[Linked Image]
#4346114 - 03/22/17 05:42 PM Re: New commanders trailer [Re: Kazius]  
kludger Offline
Hotshot
kludger  Offline
Hotshot

SE Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by Kazius
I am going to see if I can find a similar system for people who want to grind up Federation rank as well. I ranked mine up doing donation missions mostly, but if I can find a place where there are 3 or more federation representatives that have missions only 1 jump away and only to the same system I will let everyone know.

I've been having good luck making money and getting Federation reputation and rank in '58 Ursae Majoris' which generates lots of Fed missions both to the other close by station in the system and to Dabalngas 1 jump away.

I found out about it from this post on the ED Forums:
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/338417-Little-goldmine

i7-7700k@4.5ghz, GTX1080Ti,BenQ XL2420G-g-sync,Oculus Rift

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.