Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 64 of 112 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 111 112
#4343767 - 03/11/17 10:56 PM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller ***** [Re: Sokol1]  
Barra Offline
Barra  Offline

Australia
Originally Posted by Sokol1
Open MMjoySetup.exe, look in USB devices (together with you keyboard, mouse...) for "MjReset" or something similar, this is your new "JOYSTICK CONTROLLER".

Now you need give then a name, VID/PID numbers, number of axes, buttons, etc, and "SAVE SETTINGS FOR DEVICE".

Yes thinks look correct to me in MMJoy2 setup (no switches or anything attached now) see attached.
Do I use USB Name on top right side to give name?
What are VID/PID numbers?

I was expecting to see device in HID's in Device Manager as this is what instructions from last section in "https://github.com/MMjoy/mmjoy_en/wiki/Firmware-upload" describes. See "Upon successful completion, a new device "MMJOY2", or "HID-compliant vendor-defined device" will be displayed in device manager under HID devices". Nothing shows in my Device Manager at this point. Is this related to having no switches attached? See 2nd attached file for DM list.

Originally Posted by Kbird
I have found that a double tap of the reset button works best for getting the Leo/Pro into bootloader mode.

Yes Kbird the double tap of wires is how I go it to work correctly.

Attached Files
MMJoySet2.pdf (570 downloads)
MMJoy_DM1.pdf (390 downloads)
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4343826 - 03/12/17 05:02 AM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller [Re: Barra]  
Sokol1 Offline
Sokol1  Offline

Internet
Forget that RESET button, this is to be used only ONE time during firmware flash procedure, you did this, looks that your MMJoy2 controller is ready. smile

> Do I use USB Name on top right side to give name?

Yes in place of MMjoy2 you can type the name what you want use - up to 10 characters, e.g MyJoy, MyThrottle, MyRudder to make easy identify then in games controls - or leave as is.

> What are VID/PID numbers?

Numbers that make joystick controller unique for Windows/Games, manufactures has their own numbers, e.g. 06a3/0471 identifies a Saitek Cyborg joystick.

For our purposes, use 0001/0001 if you want that you new joystick controller will be seen be Windows/Games first than other joysticks, example the above Cyborg.

But if you want that your new joystick controller - e.g. you will use then for button box - be seen after other existing joysticks use a high number, e.g. 9999/9999.

You can see actual VID/PID numbers used be joysticks plugged in your computer with USBDview in MMjoy2 package Tools folder.

BTW - If you change that VID/PID numbers after set then one time is need hit the "CLEAR SETS" button in MMJoySetup or Windows continue look for the old number and don't see the controller anymore - but this will work in games, is just Windows Registry issue.

#4343829 - 03/12/17 05:24 AM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller [Re: Sokol1]  
Barra Offline
Barra  Offline

Australia
Thanks Sokol1

I have made some progress as can now see device in Device Manager HID list as well.
I have a Shift Register on a Breadboard for now and at least got some buttons showing but all show and there is no reaction to a button press. See PDF

Attached Files
#4343846 - 03/12/17 11:09 AM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller [Re: Sokol1]  
Kb1rd1 Offline
Kb1rd1  Offline

Hi Barra , most of the guys here suggest using the 2016-8-18upd. firmware version , from your PDFs i see you are using an older 2015 version. there is a newer 2016 version (November) but it has a few bugs so the August update is currently the one suggested. You will need to load the Firmware again and then redo you Configs / Sets as the are not compatible between Versions.

You can use Windows Snipping Tool to make screen shots instead of making PDF's if you want to as well..

Look here on this link for the Firmware's ...have Google Translate from Russian if needed....

https://sites.google.com/site/mmjoyproject/fajly-dla-skacivania

KB.

My FLCS+TQS Conversion here on SimHQ

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4324940/1
#4343856 - 03/12/17 12:43 PM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller [Re: Kb1rd1]  
Barra Offline
Barra  Offline

Australia
...have Google Translate from Russian if needed....
KB.

That would be handy thanks Kbird. I had downloaded what I thought was current.
Cheers

#4344102 - 03/13/17 07:10 PM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller [Re: Sokol1]  
dima_27 Offline
dima_27  Offline

Hi, I want to make a steering wheel, can i do it with pro mini ?
Thanks !

#4344108 - 03/13/17 08:10 PM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller [Re: Sokol1]  
erichos Offline
erichos  Offline

Slovakia
@dima_27
You can read this forum, it is not secret :-)
Look at MMJoy2 compatible boards from 1st page: Compatible Arduino boards

You have to use boards with Atmega 32u4 and Pro Mini has Atmega 328, not compatible with MMJoy2 software.

Last edited by erichos; 03/13/17 08:13 PM.
#4344118 - 03/13/17 09:02 PM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller [Re: erichos]  
dima_27 Offline
dima_27  Offline

Originally Posted by erichos
@dima_27
You can read this forum, it is not secret :-)
Look at MMJoy2 compatible boards from 1st page: Compatible Arduino boards

You have to use boards with Atmega 32u4 and Pro Mini has Atmega 328, not compatible with MMJoy2 software.

It was a mistake, i have arduino pro-micro )
Forgot to wither, i need force feedback, simple steering wheel is already done.

I read the forum, but nothing found about forсe feedback.

#4344140 - 03/13/17 10:36 PM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller [Re: Sokol1]  
Sokol1 Offline
Sokol1  Offline

Internet
MMJoy2 don't support Force Feedback.

DIY Force Feedback is several times more complicated that what people do in this thread, I think that require a high level of electronics knowledge.

I suggest look at this project: http://opensimwheel.wikidot.com/

#4344211 - 03/14/17 05:01 AM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller [Re: Kb1rd1]  
Barra Offline
Barra  Offline

Australia
You can use Windows Snipping Tool to make screen shots instead of making PDF's if you want to as well..
KB.

Thanks KB but still cannot get copy of software screen into post without attaching as a file. The attached png file was done via snipping but that was as far as I got

! have new firmware loaded and tested with 1 button which I think was good. Then loaded 1 shift Register to see if it and everything worked and I think it is. Just wanted to make sure this is how it should work. I have 1 SR with 8 Momentary switches wired. When I press a switch I get the correct red light on MMjoy - with exception of a single switch (No. 3). Either that switch is not working or something is wrong with a wire/connection. I did it this way to test other SR's as I will have 4 in final product.

Does the above indicate that it Is working as it should?

As far as I understand windows will not see as there are no Pots attached to hardware.

MMJoy2 Software screen file attached.

Attached Files 2017 03 14 MMJoy Capture 1.PNG
#4344487 - 03/15/17 08:52 AM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller [Re: Sokol1]  
Kb1rd1 Offline
Kb1rd1  Offline

Looks OK to me but like you I am new around here smile

Sounds like you have a dead switch or a bad connection there...

Yes for the Windows App to see it you need to assign an Axis too , won't hurt anything for testing even if it's not wired AFAIK , the Game Controller App just shows a zero I think.

True , Sniping still needs you to save to the desktop or a Folder and then attach , not many Forums I am on allow direct pasting unfortunately.

KB.

#4344729 - 03/16/17 12:02 PM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller [Re: Sokol1]  
Barra Offline
Barra  Offline

Australia
Thanks Kbird

Interesting!
Was checking board again tonight then put it aside but still connected to PC. I decided to start DCS and fly for 1st time in a while. I needed to check a setting on the X52 and when I went to setting I noticed it listed the new board beside the X52!
So I tried to set a switch and it was recognised.

I then decided to check CLOD and setting of a switch identified Joystick1 with a button number - except CLOD starts numbering at "0" and not 1 unlike DCS.
So then checked windows devices and it shows with 8 buttons and they all indicate working - because I thought it would not show without axis I never checked that!

#4345209 - 03/18/17 02:15 PM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller [Re: Sokol1]  
Barra Offline
Barra  Offline

Australia
Looking for advice.
I attempted to add some more switches along with 2 Rotary Encoders and a Potentiometer however I could not get anything working. After a few hours I finally got things back (needed a Reset) to where I have 8 buttons again working. I discovered at least 1 problem with Encoders as I had mistakenly created a bridge in soldering.

However, I am still not sure if I have diodes correctly wired. I believe they are wired like in instructions but I have also seen a diagram with them reversed. While I seems to have gotten rid of the bridge it still needs a rewire I think.

I have attached a PDF that shows current setup of 1 column for 3 Encoders (the rows goes directly from switch to Pro Micro rows). The outer pins of Encoder goes to the twin pins - see top picture. The 2 wires in pic go to Pro Micro "D0" and "D4".

Are the diodes correctly wired?
How do I add the Encoder in software?

When I test again I will only try 1 Encoder.

There does not seem a lot in thread about setup of Potentiometers. Is anyone able to give me a pointer?
Cheers

Attached Files
Rotary Column.pdf (286 downloads)
#4345238 - 03/18/17 06:04 PM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller [Re: Sokol1]  
Kb1rd1 Offline
Kb1rd1  Offline

Erichos was kind enough to do a nice wiring scheme for me back on page 121 for rotary Encoders

http://SimHQ.com/forum/ubbthreads.p...uild-your-own-usb-controller#Post4333127

and before that some help on Button matrixes too on page 120

http://SimHQ.com/forum/ubbthreads.p...uild-your-own-usb-controller#Post4331425

I am no expert , I think the Diodes are right but I would try wiring the individual R.Encoders to the Pro on the own Column wires to 1st ....on a Breadboard perhaps before soldering stuff.

I am not sure what you are asking about Pots ? the Center wire goes to a Pro Axis Pin ( I use leonardo's so assume the Pro is the same) you then assign the Pin under AXIS's in the MCU dropdown with the Source as IntSensor and assign which Axis you want it to be ie X,Y,Z etc. there is more info in the Wiki about it here :

https://github.com/MMjoy/mmjoy_en/wiki/Connecting-basic-inputs-and-setting-up-software#axis-options

Most of this info is also on my own Conversion thread too , seen in my Sig below, As a Noob to this stuff , I am trying to put all the good info in one place for people in the future now this thread is upto 128 pages.

#4345281 - 03/18/17 11:02 PM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller [Re: Kb1rd1]  
Barra Offline
Barra  Offline

Australia

I am not sure what you are asking about Pots ? the Center wire goes to a Pro Axis Pin ( I use leonardo's so assume the Pro is the same) you then assign the Pin under AXIS's in the MCU dropdown with the Source as IntSensor and assign which Axis you want it to be ie X,Y,Z etc. there is more info in the Wiki about it here :

https://github.com/MMjoy/mmjoy_en/wiki/Connecting-basic-inputs-and-setting-up-software#axis-options

Most of this info is also on my own Conversion thread too , seen in my Sig below, As a Noob to this stuff , I am trying to put all the good info in one place for people in the future now this thread is upto 128 pages.

Much appreciated Kbird. Sorry but missed that stuff on Axis. There are none so blind that cannot see !

Yes I plan to try the direct connect of Encoder to Pro Micro to test.

#4345348 - 03/19/17 06:15 AM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller [Re: Sokol1]  
Barra Offline
Barra  Offline

Australia
Thanks I was able to get Encoder working direct to Pro Micro and then tried on matrix. I got 1 working and tried in CLOD. Was able to adjust sight distance on the Hurri. I was rapt - thanks Mega_mozg! Also added as "On-None-On" switch and got the gear to raise and lower with the On switches!

Erichos post was very helpful -appreciated.

Now trying to connect 2nd Encoder has stopped me again. I have tried connecting rows to a number of different pins and have swapped Encoders around but still get same result.

When 2nd Encoder added it treats 1 Encoder as Button 3 and other as Button 4. Rotation left and right of an Encoder records same button number and same for other encoder. When I disable 1 row in MMJoy I get the correct result of Button 1 and 2 being recorded with left and right movement of Encoder.

Is this something wrong in software setup I am doing or maybe something wrong with matrix? sigh
Also I assume that the encoders reduce the number of other buttons able to be added to board?

Attached software page copy.

Attached Files
Last edited by Barra; 03/19/17 06:41 AM.
#4345360 - 03/19/17 07:32 AM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller [Re: Sokol1]  
Kb1rd1 Offline
Kb1rd1  Offline

My assumption was/is that you can have multiple Rotary Encoders but you can't wire them together into a Matrix ( like normal buttons) as well to try and save Pins ie each Encoder needs it's own 3 pins , perhaps having the Rows as one common Row may work ??? (similar to Pots) But I have not tested that as my two new Encoders just arrived yesterday and I was busy Hacking / Repairing my Multimeter today since my Pro Micro's are still some in a Customs Warehouse I assume frown

With luck Erichos or one of the other Gurus here will pop in and confirm things for you.

KB.

#4345361 - 03/19/17 07:57 AM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller [Re: Sokol1]  
Barra Offline
Barra  Offline

Australia
OK Kbird. I was going on details in guide under "Connecting basic inputs" which looked like a matix with Encoders.

I'll just wait and hopefully someone can help further.

#4345364 - 03/19/17 08:04 AM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller [Re: Sokol1]  
Kb1rd1 Offline
Kb1rd1  Offline

Honestly the Pic of the Encoders in the Wiki confuses me as it looks as if it is mis-labelled so I stopped using that as a reference since each wire has different labels on each end...

https://github.com/MMjoy/mmjoy_en/wiki/Connecting-basic-inputs-and-setting-up-software

I was thinking the output from one RC would overwhelm the next but maybe I am wrong ....likely since I am new to electronics and Joystick Conversions in General smile

#4345748 - 03/20/17 10:27 PM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller [Re: Sokol1]  
SolderMonkey Offline
SolderMonkey  Offline

Ari-freakin-zona
Essentially Encoders are just buttons. The timing is weird on them, but you can chain them like a switch. As long as you have space in the software for encoders, you can add more.

Attached Files DasisyChain Encoders.jpg
Last edited by SolderMonkey; 03/20/17 10:29 PM. Reason: I'm not an artist.
Page 64 of 112 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 111 112

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.