Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
#4346169 - 03/22/17 09:32 PM Re: DCS 1.5 / 2.0 Updates discussion thread ***** [Re: watermanpc]  
bkthunder Offline
bkthunder  Offline

Oh c'mon guys, stop bickering about small stuff and get back OT.

I, for one, am extremely pleased to see this important step forward: "Encyclopedia. Some updates and bugfixes"
Those pesky encyclopedia typos really ruined my DCS experience, and I am glad they employed resources on fixing them.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4346179 - 03/22/17 10:12 PM Re: DCS 1.5 / 2.0 Updates discussion thread [Re: watermanpc]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
Hahaha!! True, bkthunder! That really did need fixing, didn't it? Was it a "poor command of the language" as well? biggrin biggrin biggrin
I guess I'm glad they fixed that too. We can wait for 2.5, after all, can't we?

- Ice
#4346261 - 03/23/17 12:07 PM Re: DCS 1.5 / 2.0 Updates discussion thread [Re: - Ice]  
Sobek Offline
Professional scapegoat
Sobek  Offline
Professional scapegoat

Originally Posted by - Ice
Let's now see how long it takes you this time. No pressure.

Don't act surprised if it takes people some time to find the nerves to write something in response to your hostile posting style. It's not the weight of your arguments that makes the experience strenuous.

Neither myself nor cichlidfan are the ones who are in charge of DCS production, we don't have any of your money, we don't put bugs into DCS, we don't decide what features get made or not, so either find in yourself the decency to tone your hostility down or GTFO claiming the argumentative high ground because people don't live on this board for you to get your posts answered in 2 minutes. You're being obnoxious, simple as that.

Last edited by Sobek; 03/23/17 12:13 PM.
#4346269 - 03/23/17 12:41 PM Re: DCS 1.5 / 2.0 Updates discussion thread [Re: watermanpc]  
watermanpc Offline
watermanpc  Offline

Spain
nevermind

Last edited by watermanpc; 03/23/17 02:03 PM.

i7 6700K/// Z170X-UD3 /// GB GTX 1070G1 /// 16Gb@2800 /// SSD + 1Tb Barracuda x2 (DCS here) /// NOX Hummer M750 /// HOTAS WartHog /// DIY IR Clip+Opentrack+PS3 EYE 60-120fps /// Win10 pro 64

#4346290 - 03/23/17 01:45 PM Re: DCS 1.5 / 2.0 Updates discussion thread [Re: Sobek]  
xXNightEagleXx Offline
xXNightEagleXx  Offline

Originally Posted by Sobek
Originally Posted by - Ice
Let's now see how long it takes you this time. No pressure.

Don't act surprised if it takes people some time to find the nerves to write something in response to your hostile posting style. It's not the weight of your arguments that makes the experience strenuous.

Neither myself nor cichlidfan are the ones who are in charge of DCS production, we don't have any of your money, we don't put bugs into DCS, we don't decide what features get made or not, so either find in yourself the decency to tone your hostility down or GTFO claiming the argumentative high ground because people don't live on this board for you to get your posts answered in 2 minutes. You're being obnoxious, simple as that.

Honestly i kind understand why getting a little more pissed off with customers than developers. Developers can hide behind many real or fake excuses related to revenues or development complexity but what about customers? A customer instead has no excuse to hide, they should not defend any company for any reason but rather just act according what they do and offer at given moment, forgetting glorious past or a fictional future and always remembering any outrageous past experience just to make sure it never happens again. However, it is quite visible the fact that what they do is become a fanboy and defend the company up to the point to deny the reality, Don't take it as a personal attack, actually it is not even only related to DCS but to marketing in overall gaming or not.

Last edited by xXNightEagleXx; 03/23/17 01:47 PM.
#4346295 - 03/23/17 02:12 PM Re: DCS 1.5 / 2.0 Updates discussion thread [Re: xXNightEagleXx]  
Sobek Offline
Professional scapegoat
Sobek  Offline
Professional scapegoat

Originally Posted by xXNightEagleXx
Honestly i kind understand why getting a little more pissed off with customers than developers. Developers can hide behind many real or fake excuses related to revenues or development complexity but what about customers? A customer instead has no excuse to hide, they should not defend any company for any reason but rather just act according what they do and offer at given moment, forgetting glorious past or a fictional future and always remembering any outrageous past experience just to make sure it never happens again. However, it is quite visible the fact that what they do is become a fanboy and defend the company up to the point to deny the reality, Don't take it as a personal attack, actually it is not even only related to DCS but to marketing in overall gaming or not.

If you're talking about me, i'd very much like to see where i denied the existence of shortcomings in DCS.

#4346307 - 03/23/17 02:50 PM Re: DCS 1.5 / 2.0 Updates discussion thread [Re: Sobek]  
xXNightEagleXx Offline
xXNightEagleXx  Offline

If you're talking about me, i'd very much like to see where i denied the existence of shortcomings in DCS.

I'm absolutely not referring directly to anyone smile

#4346432 - 03/23/17 10:52 PM Re: DCS 1.5 / 2.0 Updates discussion thread [Re: Sobek]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Awww please. Let's not use **THAT** as an excuse, especially when the other side is the one starting it!

Neither myself nor cichlidfan are the ones who are in charge of DCS production, we don't have any of your money, we don't put bugs into DCS, we don't decide what features get made or not,

Where did I (or anyone else) say any of those?? dizzy

so either find in yourself the decency to tone your hostility down or GTFO claiming the argumentative high ground because people don't live on this board for you to get your posts answered in 2 minutes. You're being obnoxious, simple as that.

Hostility? Pfft!! If that's your definition of hostile, well, you'd need much, much thicker skin to be on the interwebs. As for being obnoxious, that's quite rich coming from someone who decides to totally ignore the POINT of the written post and start nitpicking at verbiage and resorting to personal attacks at the POSTER. Please turn down the hypocrisy a bit.

As for getting posts answered in 2 minutes... if cichlidfan had a counterpoint, he'd have made it then and there.... but he didn't and when he did reply, he chose to build a strawman and knock it down, then tried to insult my grasp of the english language. I get accused of hostility but not him? Why don't you either find in yourself the decency to be honest or GTFO?

I'd very much like to see where you acknowledged the existence of shortcomings in DCS. I took a look at your posts for this year and couldn't find any, maybe you know of a better example from further back and would care to present that as evidence.

- Ice
#4346469 - 03/24/17 07:15 AM Re: DCS 1.5 / 2.0 Updates discussion thread [Re: watermanpc]  
Vaderini Offline
Vaderini  Offline

Not being a fundamentalist =/= not acknowledging shortcomings

But unfortunately, your [edited] isn't able to process that. smile

See ya in a couple weeks

Last edited by Force10; 03/24/17 03:16 PM.
#4346471 - 03/24/17 07:57 AM Re: DCS 1.5 / 2.0 Updates discussion thread [Re: watermanpc]  
CyBerkut Offline
Administrator
CyBerkut  Offline
Administrator
Hotshot

Florida
Aaaand locked until Force10 can decide the future of this thread.

#4346544 - 03/24/17 03:28 PM Re: DCS 1.5 / 2.0 Updates discussion thread [Re: watermanpc]  
Force10 Offline
I'm just a
Force10  Offline
I'm just a

CA
Thanks Cyberkut for stepping in wink

I'm re-opening the thread because the subject is something that should be able to be discussed without getting personal. It does seem more often than not, one side seems to have difficulties with this concept.
A member is taking some time off to review his discussion "strategy".

Stay on topic

Asus Z87 Sabertooth motherboard
Windows 7 64 bit Home edition
Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz
16 gig 1866mhz Corsair Vengence Pro memory
EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4gb Video Card
Intel 510 series 120gb SSD (boot drive)
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"

#4346602 - 03/24/17 06:11 PM Re: DCS 1.5 / 2.0 Updates discussion thread [Re: watermanpc]  
leaf_on_the_wind Offline
leaf_on_the_wind  Offline

Thanks for re-opening the thread Force 10

Suggestion

When someone acts like a bellend , why not give them a 24hr holiday instead of locking the thread ?

No real updates this week for 1.5.6 , which is sad because there is still the server falls over more often than a 1 legged man in an arse kicking contest
ED did one nights testing and gathered data on what was wrong but have yet to put a patch out to fix it, thats pretty poop

In other news yet again they are trying bundle deals to get us to buy the F5 campaign ......

Ferengi Rule of acquisition #1 Once you have their money ... never give it back.

#4346626 - 03/24/17 07:34 PM Re: DCS 1.5 / 2.0 Updates discussion thread [Re: leaf_on_the_wind]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted by Vaderini
Not being a fundamentalist =/= not acknowledging shortcomings

But unfortunately, your [edited] isn't able to process that. smile

See ya in a couple weeks

I managed to read this post before the edit and all I can say is... you have to do better than that! biggrin

People should really stop building up these strawmen and learn to discuss/argue properly. Where did I say Sobek (or anyone) is "fundamentalist"? It's even more hilarious when you consider the insult that followed!! Hahahaha....

Really guys, you'll get more respect if how to discuss/argue, if you know how to present your side, if you know how to defend your points. I know we may not agree on everything, I know different people have different preferences, but that's all put aside when we're discussing FACTS. Whether you like ED or not, there are FACTS about this dev company that just cannot be denied. Missed deadlines. Selective bug squashing. Questionable priorities. Trigger-happy with the ban hammer. And so on. These items are separate from the subjective qualities of DCS such as value-for-money or fun factor. A new guy just buying the A-10C module with no previous experience with DCS **WILL** get good value-for-money and **WILL** have so much fun. The critical simmer who has followed ED/DCS for years and have most of their modules will not have the same experience... unless his preferences completely align with ED's business model and practices.... but even then, the value-for-money aspect can start to come to question. For example, the new guy got a map and an airframe for $40 while the critical simmer only really gets an airframe for $40-60, so the value-for-money can be argued to be going down the more modules you buy.

Originally Posted by leaf_on_the_wind
Thanks for re-opening the thread Force 10

+1! biggrin

Suggestion

When someone acts like a bellend , why not give them a 24hr holiday instead of locking the thread ?

Indeed! And I'm glad Force10 seems to be going in this direction, although it seems like it's weeks instead of just a day or two. Ouch!

In other news yet again they are trying bundle deals to get us to buy the F5 campaign ......

They can really only bundle Nevada so many times...

- Ice
#4346629 - 03/24/17 07:40 PM Re: DCS 1.5 / 2.0 Updates discussion thread [Re: watermanpc]  
watermanpc Offline
watermanpc  Offline

Spain
Thanks for not closing the thread!!

Sadly, another week of NOTHING!!...it looks like this is going to be the tonic for the next 2 or 3 months...and even then, 2.5 will be EONS away, in fact I highly doubt we will see 2.5 this year so not looking good for DCS at all.

i7 6700K/// Z170X-UD3 /// GB GTX 1070G1 /// 16Gb@2800 /// SSD + 1Tb Barracuda x2 (DCS here) /// NOX Hummer M750 /// HOTAS WartHog /// DIY IR Clip+Opentrack+PS3 EYE 60-120fps /// Win10 pro 64

#4346678 - 03/24/17 09:30 PM Re: DCS 1.5 / 2.0 Updates discussion thread [Re: watermanpc]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted by watermanpc

+1! I think they've closed enough threads due to this "problem" that a different solution needs to be found. smile

- Ice
#4346709 - 03/24/17 11:05 PM Re: DCS 1.5 / 2.0 Updates discussion thread [Re: watermanpc]  
xXNightEagleXx Offline
xXNightEagleXx  Offline

Originally Posted by watermanpc

Sadly, another week of NOTHING!!...it looks like this is going to be the tonic for the next 2 or 3 months...and even then, 2.5 will be EONS away, in fact I highly doubt we will see 2.5 this year so not looking good for DCS at all.

I guess the real sad point is that probably by the time 2.5 will be released or really close to be released (obviously alpha version), ED will announce DCS 3.0 and then you will see again bad usage or resource and 2.5 taking years to even reach beta (an extremely bugged beta) and 3.0 will take even further to hit alpha.

Last edited by xXNightEagleXx; 03/24/17 11:06 PM.
#4346717 - 03/24/17 11:52 PM Re: DCS 1.5 / 2.0 Updates discussion thread [Re: xXNightEagleXx]  
Floyd Offline
Floyd  Offline

I guess the real sad point is that probably by the time 2.5 will be released or really close to be released (obviously alpha version), ED will announce DCS 3.0 and then you will see again bad usage or resource and 2.5 taking years to even reach beta (an extremely bugged beta) and 3.0 will take even further to hit alpha.

I follow Ice's argumentation.
We should concentrate on FACTS and take ED by their word. The Normandy map will release late May
and then they concentrate on the Caucasus merge for 2.5.
Then i expect a period of bug fixes and features like ATC, AI, clouds etc - announced long time ago
and not yet implemented (the dedicated server already got sacked).
Don't get personal, stick to the FACTS - and kick them in the ass if they miss the mark,
just by putting FACTS on the table. All the bla bla bla will get us nowhere - stick to the FACTS.
If in doubt, i give you an example:
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=184337
I've seen NO comment from the devs ... we should give them credit for the 2.5 merge though,
but after that it is time to deliver. I can't imagine ANY excuse for obvious bugs not getting fixed.
If they argue with SoH and the F/A-18 after the 2.5 merge - they'll better close shop,
because we've been through that before: wait and wait because all will be super duper
in the so bright future - it's the facts that count, not their wishful thinking.

#4346757 - 03/25/17 08:08 AM Re: DCS 1.5 / 2.0 Updates discussion thread [Re: watermanpc]  
Art_J Offline
Art_J  Offline

Warsaw, Poland
I wouldn't say "Another week of NOTHING", as BigNewy has been posting on ED forum improved binaries for all the planes broken by the last two 2.0.5 patches and so far they've been reported to solve most of glaring issues. So there has been some troubleshooting going on behind the scenes, for core functionality of the sim at last. For those of us, who were in the unfortunate group of guys affected by the "updates", having the planes flyable again is quite SOMETHING I'd say.

I still raise an eyebrow, however, looking at another 2.0.5-related bundle deal being pushed through the shop, when everyone (except new customers!) knows very well that part of the customer base will not be able to use it straight out of the box (the new customers shouldn't have to browse the forum for these fixed binaries anyway, should they?).

#4346765 - 03/25/17 09:46 AM Re: DCS 1.5 / 2.0 Updates discussion thread [Re: watermanpc]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
I wouldn't necessarily call that 'progress' either.......they're fixing something that is only broken due to their own incompetence and was previously working.

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
#4346775 - 03/25/17 10:41 AM Re: DCS 1.5 / 2.0 Updates discussion thread [Re: Art_J]  
leaf_on_the_wind Offline
leaf_on_the_wind  Offline

Originally Posted by Art_J
I wouldn't say "Another week of NOTHING", as BigNewy has been posting on ED forum improved binaries for all the planes broken by the last two 2.0.5 patches and so far they've been reported to solve most of glaring issues. So there has been some troubleshooting going on behind the scenes, for core functionality of the sim at last. For those of us, who were in the unfortunate group of guys affected by the "updates", having the planes flyable again is quite SOMETHING I'd say.

I still raise an eyebrow, however, looking at another 2.0.5-related bundle deal being pushed through the shop, when everyone (except new customers!) knows very well that part of the customer base will not be able to use it straight out of the box (the new customers shouldn't have to browse the forum for these fixed binaries anyway, should they?).

That sounds amazing

I can say that if I flap my arms hard enough I can fly ... it doesn't necessarily make it true

Same with saying we have all these things fixed ........ oh but we haven't released a patch yet with them in it yet

2 statements are similar in that they are both un-verified claims

Ferengi Rule of acquisition #1 Once you have their money ... never give it back.

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.