Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
Originally Posted by DBond
I played the first three ME games (is that all of them?). Even though there were things I liked about these games, I didn't find the actual gameplay all that much fun. These are the games I always nominate in 'most over-hyped' or 'biggest disappointment' type threads. Just not my cuppa, I suppose. They are quite popular, well received and reviewed.

What made the ME games special to me was the quality of the storyline writing and the characters. The gameplay itself was always secondary.

Yeah, they really had it going with the mythology/history. The first one was the best in that regard and was a good sci fi RPG. After that they became more shooter and the environments very blocked off. I enjoyed them all though, it's still good scifi, but the first has a special place in my heart.
I think this will be best after waiting for a sale. They seem to find a way to screw up these games, other than the first. Usually the ending. LOL

I wish they would redo KOTOR in the ME style with full voice overs and killer graphics.

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4344621 - 03/15/17 06:21 PM Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Raw Kryptonite

I wish they would redo KOTOR in the ME style with full voice overs and killer graphics.

Oh yes. I'd gladly pay $75 for that.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4344622 - 03/15/17 06:30 PM Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Bib4Tuna Offline
I will take you to Jabba
Bib4Tuna  Offline
I will take you to Jabba

NC, USA

Which sadly will not happen, as it is not on EA's plan:

https://www.ea.com/play2016/news/the-future-of-ea-and-star-wars-games

#4344634 - 03/15/17 07:46 PM Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
Might not be KOTOR, but possibly a similar game in that era?

That’s not all we have in production right now. Our partners at Respawn Entertainment are making their own 3rd person action adventure game, one that features a different style of gameplay and takes place in a different timeline we have yet to explore with our EA Star Wars titles. And we’re early in pre-production on some other projects we think you’re going to be excited about as well.

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
#4344647 - 03/15/17 08:53 PM Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
I still wonder what Visceral is coming up with. From Dead Space to...Dead Jedi?

As for me, I liked the 3 ME games well enough, but I've only played them each once. I was disappointed with the MP in ME3, it felt tacked on even though to get the "best" ending you needed to devote a lot of time to playing it. I didn't, so I didn't.

Why is it so hard to make good coop RPGs nowadays? NWN2 was the last one I think? I didn't bother, not my type of RPG, but I really would like a coop KOTOR or ME.

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#4344779 - 03/16/17 02:35 PM Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Blade_RJ  Offline
Hotshot

brasil
i loved the series up to me2, me3 was a huge step down and i'm not talking the ending, gameplay felt rush as *expletive deleted*, from the sneak peeks i watched from andromeda it looks the same gameplay,nothing inovative, oh a rocket jump that invalidates all the snap cover system ? AWESOME..i mean.....right ? the only novelty is the no class limit, wich doesnt make much sense in this scenario unless pathfinders are all byproducts of cerburus weapon x program, or should we call weapon zero ? but bioware games are more about the story, so i will wait a full year untill the game price drops and dlcs are rleased, maybe even more to get all in a cheaper pack, i dont do this much to games, but with EA i never get games on release anymore unless its battlefield,and i skiped the last two,the cop one and bf1, hope the next one is good.

i'm seeing game sites giving a huuuuuuuuge berth to the game as it is,so expect a really buggy mess release, specially since they had to get dice to come over becouse of technical dificulties even after the dragon age team had done all the groundwork to convert to bioware style of game,and theydont know if day one patch will be ready for.....day one release......yeah.....take that as you will.

#4344785 - 03/16/17 02:42 PM Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
I'll be getting ME: Andromeda but it will be a few months after release.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4344786 - 03/16/17 02:42 PM Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Blade_RJ  Offline
Hotshot

brasil
Originally Posted by Bib4Tuna

I just can't get over how much this reminds me of Dragon Age: Inquisition. That game sold very well, but I really did not care for it.

it sold well becouse it was on Four plataforms, x360,ps3,xone,ps4,PC ,the game suffered in order to acomodate last gen,and then in the end they were left out for the story dlcs.....really dick movie by EA, if you know last gen couldnt handle why crippled the game,the tech demo at e3 was awesome, so many features removed like the war system to capture forts,camps.......the mud on your character shoes.......it really would be a war campagn with freedom to the player, the game turned out to be collectable quest mmo.

#4344856 - 03/16/17 07:25 PM Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
Watched a bit of a playthrough last night and it looked pretty dull. Running around a new world shooting the wildlife. I'll check in on the guy's channel from time to time to see if it gets better.

#4344866 - 03/16/17 08:13 PM Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Bib4Tuna Offline
I will take you to Jabba
Bib4Tuna  Offline
I will take you to Jabba

NC, USA
I was just watching a stream of this (PC, ultra settings). Man!... who coded the NPCs faces? They are so low quality...looks like a mobile game version. So expressionless.

My ME1 with modded textures looks way better than that.

#4344891 - 03/16/17 10:23 PM Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Blade_RJ  Offline
Hotshot

brasil
Originally Posted by Bib4Tuna
I was just watching a stream of this (PC, ultra settings). Man!... who coded the NPCs faces? They are so low quality...looks like a mobile game version. So expressionless.

My ME1 with modded textures looks way better than that.

its the eyebrows ! they dont move so they dont emote, also their eyes have serious problem following who was suposed to be the focus on the conversation. The game is a rushed mess like me3 was....i will wait a year before i even think of getting it.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.