Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15
#4370721 - 07/24/17 02:55 PM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Bib4Tuna Offline
I will take you to Jabba
Bib4Tuna  Offline
I will take you to Jabba

NC, USA
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
So we saw 2 of Oberin's daughters die but not the third one. I wonder if she escaped or was captured?

She was captured.

Inline advert (4th to 5th topic)

#4370722 - 07/24/17 02:59 PM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Bib4Tuna
So we saw 2 of Oberin's daughters die but not the third one. I wonder if she escaped or was captured?

She was captured.

Ok thanks. Somehow I missed that.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4370760 - 07/24/17 05:56 PM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
Jerkzilla Offline
Ay dios mio
Jerkzilla  Offline
Ay dios mio

During that first top-down shot of the anti-dragon ballista, I thought it was lifted straight from the Hobbit, four arms and everything! They could have used torsion springs...

#4370764 - 07/24/17 06:13 PM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
Jayhawk Offline
Silastic Armorfiend
Jayhawk  Offline
Silastic Armorfiend
Hotshot

Docking Bay 94
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
}
Next episode should feature an epic battle for Casterly Rock, at last.

Which will be a contrast with the conquering of Highgarden by the Lannisters and Tarlys.

Reddit? wink

Why men throw their lives away attacking an armed Witcher... I'll never know. Something wrong with my face?
#4370767 - 07/24/17 06:23 PM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Jayhawk]  
Bib4Tuna Offline
I will take you to Jabba
Bib4Tuna  Offline
I will take you to Jabba

NC, USA
}
Next episode should feature an epic battle for Casterly Rock, at last.

Which will be a contrast with the conquering of Highgarden by the Lannisters and Tarlys.

Reddit? wink

Huh? What about Reddit?

In the episode opening, that was what Jamie asked from Randyll. To support attacking the Tyrells, which he is a bannerman of. Also, in the trailers, you can see Jamie in armor and Lannister soldiers walking among some walls covered in greenery. 2+2

Last edited by Bib4Tuna; 07/24/17 07:27 PM.
#4370768 - 07/24/17 06:25 PM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
For those of you complaining about the slow pace of the first two episodes don't forget that this is not the final season. We will be having a season 8 after all. smile

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4370771 - 07/24/17 06:41 PM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
Jayhawk Offline
Silastic Armorfiend
Jayhawk  Offline
Silastic Armorfiend
Hotshot

Docking Bay 94
The plot for all episodes of season 7 has been "leaked" on Reddit. I just checked: so far, all leaked plot elements have come to pass. Verbatim. Seriously, they read like a recap. nope

Someone sent me a link to an article (from late 2016) outlining those, and before I realized what I was reading, the damage was largely done.

Up until today I was kinda hoping those leaks were fake. Now it appears that, sadly, they were spot on.

Hence why I "fear" the season finale. If that were true, it would be, IMO, sooooooooooooooooooooooooo stupid. And defeating the whole point of GRRM's books (again, IMO/ my interpretation of events).

Last edited by Jayhawk; 07/24/17 06:48 PM.

Why men throw their lives away attacking an armed Witcher... I'll never know. Something wrong with my face?
#4370772 - 07/24/17 06:45 PM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Jayhawk Offline
Silastic Armorfiend
Jayhawk  Offline
Silastic Armorfiend
Hotshot

Docking Bay 94
We will be having a season 8 after all. smile

Well, 3/4th and a little bit more of a season. smile

#4370773 - 07/24/17 06:50 PM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
That sucks Jayhawk that so much of this season has been spoiled for you.

#4370774 - 07/24/17 06:53 PM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Jayhawk Offline
Silastic Armorfiend
Jayhawk  Offline
Silastic Armorfiend
Hotshot

Docking Bay 94

Well, serves me right for having developed that habit of "cross-reading". Hadn't I skipped large parts of the intro, I might have noticed something fishy was up. Oh well. I will be extra careful before next season. smile

#4370776 - 07/24/17 07:02 PM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
Jayhawk Offline
Silastic Armorfiend
Jayhawk  Offline
Silastic Armorfiend
Hotshot

Docking Bay 94
Regarding the recent episode (just watching it again) - some additional thoughts (not infected by leaked spoilers):

- Jon needs a "Hand" that keeps him from dropping these bombshells in open meetings rather than discussing them before with Sansa. That way, she wouldn't have to constantly "undermine" his position (publicly).
- I would have taken Littlefinger with me. Just in case. Also, the journey is long, and men fall overboard all the time during these winter storms. smile
- I'm not quite sure if Theon really had a Reek-moment or if he was weighing his options and decided that jumping ship was the lesser of two evils (one that leaves the door open to help his sister).
- I don't think we've seen the last of Nymeria (the Direwolf, not the Sand Viper)
- D&D totally dropped the ball on the Sand Vipers, and their sad demise only highlighted the fact even more (IMO).
- Regarding the Littlefinger problem: I guess Arya's decision to go home will not have been in vain. smile

#4370777 - 07/24/17 07:06 PM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Jayhawk]  
Bib4Tuna Offline
I will take you to Jabba
Bib4Tuna  Offline
I will take you to Jabba

NC, USA

Well, serves me right for having developed that habit of "cross-reading". Hadn't I skipped large parts of the intro, I might have noticed something fishy was up. Oh well. I will be extra careful before next season. smile

Oh wow... I was not aware. That would have pissed me off. Not just reading them....but knowing they were out there.

In fact, pretty pissed to find out. mad

#4370778 - 07/24/17 07:09 PM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
I keep wondering if Hotpie and Arya will end up being lovers before the end of the series. biggrin

#4370785 - 07/24/17 07:51 PM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
DaBBQ Offline
Bug Stompe....Quisling
DaBBQ  Offline
Bug Stompe....Quisling

With Eujon out there, why didn't Yara place sentries out to detect him before being ambushed?

#4370786 - 07/24/17 07:56 PM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
Bib4Tuna Offline
I will take you to Jabba
Bib4Tuna  Offline
I will take you to Jabba

NC, USA

She was busy with a "foreign invasion". But seriously, Euron's ship is called "The Silence" and Red October has nothing on it.

No need for spoiler tags. Spoil away. smile

#4370792 - 07/24/17 08:18 PM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
Jayhawk Offline
Silastic Armorfiend
Jayhawk  Offline
Silastic Armorfiend
Hotshot

Docking Bay 94
@ DaBBQ

Good point. Also, where did he find all that timber (lumber?) to build that "1000-ship fleet" on the barren rocks that are the Iron Islands? I'm far from being a shipbuilder, but I seem to remember that timber needs to "mature" before it can be used for shipbuilding. And how long did it take to build that fleet? And how did he find Yara's fleet in the darkness (during a storm)? And know exactly which ship to attack? This is indeed a huge plot-hole, and even though this is a fantasy show (with Dragons and bloodmagic and zombies and whatnot), it still needs to be somewhat conceivable. Especially when 300 ships (still an inconceivably tall order to build from scratch) would have been enough to cripple Yara's fleet (which couldn't have been Dany's whole fleet because they'll also need ships to attack Casterly Rock).

Everything regarding that battle felt "wrong", IMO. The premise, the execution, the choreo. They way Euron "landed" on that fellow standing on the deck was almost comical, Pirates-of-the-Carribean-esque. smile

In retrospect, IMO it would have been better (and cheaper!) to just have Varys inform Dany about the incident. Same outcome, less silliness. smile Man, I should become an accountant/controller for HBO. smile smile

BTW, the reason why the ship is called "The Silence" is because all his crew got their tongues cut out. Which, I imagine, makes it very awkward for the lookout to communicate any sightings. smile

Last edited by Jayhawk; 07/24/17 09:58 PM.

#4370796 - 07/24/17 08:39 PM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Jayhawk]  
Bib4Tuna Offline
I will take you to Jabba
Bib4Tuna  Offline
I will take you to Jabba

NC, USA
BTW, the reason why the ship is called "The Silence" is because all his crew got their tongues cut out. Which, I imagine, makes it very awkward for the lookout to communicate any sightings. smile

And they showed them immediately going for their recruiting marketing campaign (cutting tongues) by the end of the fight.

#4370797 - 07/24/17 08:41 PM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
Jayhawk Offline
Silastic Armorfiend
Jayhawk  Offline
Silastic Armorfiend
Hotshot

Docking Bay 94

And they showed them immediately going for their recruiting marketing campaign (cutting tongues) by the end of the fight.

For Missandei's sake, I can only hope that Grey Worm never has to serve aboard the "Silence". biggrin

#4370807 - 07/24/17 10:11 PM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
DaBBQ Offline
Bug Stompe....Quisling
DaBBQ  Offline
Bug Stompe....Quisling

@Jayhawk,. Eujon was expelled from from the iron islands and became a pirate king so stands to reason he had ships in reserve after the the bulk of the iron fleet split with theon and yara.

#4370808 - 07/24/17 10:22 PM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: DaBBQ]  
Jayhawk Offline
Silastic Armorfiend
Jayhawk  Offline
Silastic Armorfiend
Hotshot

Docking Bay 94
Originally Posted by DaBBQ
@Jayhawk,. Eujon was expelled from from the iron islands and became a pirate king so stands to reason he had ships in reserve after the the bulk of the iron fleet split with theon and yara.

In Season 6, Euron says "Build me a thousand ships and I will give you this world". In season 7, he boasts to Cersei "So here I am, with 1,000 ships, and two good hands". Which leads me to believe that, indeed, somehow, the Ironborn built thousand (or close to) ships in record time. Not to mention all the canvas and ropes that had to be produced.

Your explanation is indeed much more logical and it would have cost the writers about 30 seconds longer to write a dialogue like this:

Ironborn henchman: "They stole our best ships!"
Euron: "Ah well. Nevermind, we'll find other ships.I know people....."

Plot hole....filled. smile

Still doesn't explain Euron's uncanny ability to locate a fleet whose course - or even the fact that it was sailing to Dorne in the first place, at that time - he had no way of knowing (or did some traitor send a Raven from Dragonstone?), in the middle of the night, during a storm. Or that those two huge fleets never ran into each other ( take a look at a map of Westeros and note how close Dragonstone is to King's Landing, and how narrow the sea lanes are). 1000 ships take up a lot of sea room, and Dany's fleet couldn't have been much smaller.

Oh well. It happened. smile The next episode will certainly be better. smile

Last edited by Jayhawk; 07/24/17 10:45 PM.

Page 5 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.