Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 18 of 33 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 32 33
#4337859 - 02/16/17 11:46 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Ace_Pilto Offline
Livestreamer/YouTuber
Ace_Pilto  Offline
Livestreamer/YouTuber

Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
Fair enough.

When I was a kid I made a detailed pen and paper database of WW2 air force units and devised my own RPG style board game based on dice rolls and rules of thumb. Then I wrote a story about it, I don't have the story anymore but I'll offer that as a qualification.

I use the clock system to point things out in real life.

When I was 8 I was featured in a newspaper article after correctly identifying a Nieuport in a local museum while within earshot of the curator.

I play WoFF with my fan blowing in my face.

I involuntarily attempt to change the PoV while watching flight sim videos on youtube by tilting my head while shouting tactical advice at the screen.

My pilots always have an evolving backstory, even the ones I create specifically to play with when I've partaken of a few beers because I want to protect my more serious pilots.

Hopefully my credentials meet your satisfaction. biggrin

Last edited by JimmyBlonde; 02/16/17 12:53 PM.

Let's pretend I got the BWOC badge to embed here.

Wenn ihr sieg im deine Kampf selbst gegen, wirst stark wie Stahl sein.
"The best techniques are passed on by the survivors." - Gaiden Shinji
#4337871 - 02/16/17 12:47 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Indeed, and given comments you'd made in another thread I had no doubt your credentials would be impeccable.

"AYE!" says I to JimmyBlonde becoming a member of questionable standing in our barmy band of boobs --- BWOC BWOC BWOC! (Damn the alliterations, full speed ahead.)

[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.
"pippy-pahpah-pippy pah-pip-pah"

#4337875 - 02/16/17 12:54 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted By: RAF_Louvert

Indeed, and given comments you'd made in another thread I had no doubt your credentials would be impeccable.

"AYE!" says I to JimmyBlonde becoming a member of questionable standing in our barmy band of boobs --- BWOC BWOC BWOC! (Damn the alliterations, full speed ahead.)

Lou, I would like to borrow the cricket bat again, as the tax man cometh very soon!

Last edited by Robert_Wiggins; 02/16/17 03:47 PM.

(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4

#4337920 - 02/16/17 02:51 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Banjoman Offline
Banjoman  Offline

Antigua, Guatemala
Of course he has my vote.

Member and provider of banjo music for the Illustrious BOC
#4338132 - 02/17/17 01:00 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF28Jenks Offline
Barmy Aviator Ordinaire'
RAF28Jenks  Offline
Barmy Aviator Ordinaire'

Kentucky
A sound "Here, Here!" and a round of drinks on the new man!
Those'll be doubles by the way!
Aye! Ayee...I..... i need a drink, excuse me!

cheers

RAF28Jenks
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
RBWL 3 - 2002

#4338147 - 02/17/17 02:29 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Ace_Pilto Offline
Livestreamer/YouTuber
Ace_Pilto  Offline
Livestreamer/YouTuber

One round as requested. Please drink responsibly, we don't want our server ending up with a hernia.

#4338168 - 02/17/17 04:25 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
SteveW Offline
SteveW  Offline

Albuquerque, NM USA
Man, I don't think she has room for tips!! Wow! On that photo alone I'd day JB is in, drinks all 'round. BWOC BWOC BWOC SW

#4338531 - 02/18/17 09:34 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Dezh Offline
Vice President Barmy OFFers Club
Dezh  Offline
Vice President Barmy OFFers Club

Hampshire, United Kingdom
Those are my beers... she's bringing you lot yours next.

Welcome to the Club, Jimmy. I'm going to have to confess that I don't know who last had the cricket bat... it's not in its usual place...

Oh that I was back in the dear old PBI.
With no more Triplanes on me tail, nor tracer tracing by.
And no more flames and clickerty-clack and no more blooming sky,
And only a couple of feet to fall whenever I want to die.

No. 56 Squadron Song
#4338589 - 02/18/17 03:51 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: Ace_Pilto]  
Blackard Offline
Blackard  Offline

Originally Posted By: JimmyBlonde

I involuntarily attempt to change the PoV while watching flight sim videos on youtube by tilting my head while shouting tactical advice at the screen.

That's hilarious. When I'm at a merge in traffic, I find myself leaning as I slide in behind the car in front of me...give it just a little reverse rudder and start searching for the trigger.

#4338675 - 02/18/17 09:28 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Ace_Pilto Offline
Livestreamer/YouTuber
Ace_Pilto  Offline
Livestreamer/YouTuber

Hehe, I've lined up a semi or two on the highway with a chip in the windscreen and caught myself muttering "dakka dakka dakka" too. Especially those ones that haul the big gas trailers.

You'll often hear snippets like "Stop following him around with your gunsight like a clown, put yourself ahead of him!", "Be more aggressive!", "SHOOT SHOOT NOW"! or "Don't throw your height away!" coming from my room when I find a Youtube channel with plenty of flight sim content.

#4338696 - 02/19/17 12:03 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: Dezh]  
SteveW Offline
SteveW  Offline

Albuquerque, NM USA
Originally Posted By: Dezh
Those are my beers... she's bringing you lot yours next.

Welcome to the Club, Jimmy. I'm going to have to confess that I don't know who last had the cricket bat... it's not in its usual place...

I think it's over there somewhere, somebody that's sober, check. SW

#4338705 - 02/19/17 12:26 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
AceMedic88 Offline
AceMedic88  Offline

Niagara Falls, NY
Does screaming "CONACT!" at my neighbors shoveling their driveway when I start my car in the morning enough to qualify for the club?

I got fired as the door man at a sperm bank.
Apparently it's in poor taste to tell leaving customers "Thanks for coming."

Former U.S. Army Medic - SGT.
#4338710 - 02/19/17 01:02 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: AceMedic88]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Originally Posted By: AceMedic88
Does screaming "CONACT!" at my neighbors shoveling their driveway when I start my car in the morning enough to qualify for the club?

Nope, first you must ask your significant other to sit behind you and man the Lewis every time you go for a car ride.
You have to have the urge to pull the steering wheel toward you when coming to a red light and to push the steering wheel away from you when you think your car is about to stall.
You must also give the skunk-eye to every Mercedes-Benz driver (regardless if the cross on the door is red or not).

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."
#4338753 - 02/19/17 11:10 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

AceMedic88, the mere act of asking to join our lot demonstrates your grip on reality is tenuous at best. Add to that your above cited example of barmy behavior and your fascination with WOFF and I'd say you're a definite candidate for the BOC. And don't be afraid to share a few more of the WOFF and WWI aviation related insanities you've manifested, you're among friends here and we won't judge. Run up your bar tab, beat you with the cricket bat, (which was found yesterday after breakfast in the pump house where Robert had been using it as a stir paddle for a batch of bathtub gin he'd been mixing), and have a fair share of laughs at your expense, yes - but we won't judge you. Just ask our newest member to the fold JimmyBlonde whom we initiated last night, though I wouldn't ask him just yet as he may still be sleeping it off.

[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.
"pippy-pahpah-pippy pah-pip-pah"

#4339371 - 02/22/17 12:51 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
HumanDrone Offline
Just shoot me...
HumanDrone  Offline
Just shoot me...

Near Pittsburgh, PA USA
Gee whiz, I'm glad i didn't miss it completely! BWOC! BWOC! BWOC! Two more for the fold, I say!

'Course, we gotta see AceMedic88's full list, though as you say, the mere act of asking demonstrates his rudder's permanently cocked.

Meanwhile, I need a round. I'm not haf as thrunk as you drink I am! Not on tee martoonies!

bottles

Box: Win7 Pro 64 bit / I72600K @4.1 GHz / EVGA GTX1080Ti/ 16GB RAM / Corsair 240 GB SSD / WD 600 GB Velociraptor / 1050W Power
FS Stuff: Saitek X52 Pro Stick/Throttle & Combat Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5
Sims: FSX Gold, REX 2.0 OD, UTX-NA, FSGenesis 10m mesh/ CFS3 ETO 1.40/Wings Over Flanders Fields BH&H2 (more gorgeous than ever!)
Proud BOC inductee 4/30/12!
#4375794 - 08/22/17 03:11 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
stljeffbb Offline
stljeffbb  Offline

Wisconsin USA
Well....hmm...it has been a while since folks have replied to this thread, but it's time to "fire it up" once again! explode

Seems some folks think I might have the qualifications to become, well, part of the barmy! Wait, is that proper grammatical usage? I think I just become.... barmy!...or wait, I must already be barmy to be in the club....

....so,OK, lets see if I can line up with at least four of the qualifications:

15. You visit the OFF forum at least three times a day when not physically prevented from doing so. Ha! More like 30! wink

17. Your spouse or partner can immediately tell by the look on your face that your virtual self has 'bought the farm'. Yes, definintely, and to the point where I am then advised to seek therapy and not bore her with such details (and instead talk about the Crawley family or something else [although I have convinced her to watch BBC Wings with me thumbsup])

21. You lobby with greater fervour for a new aeroplane type to be included in the next (W)OFF enhancement than you would for better saftey features in school buses. Ha! Our buses are more important than their buses anyway wink Edit: I just realized why this is actually true! The year is 1915...school buses were not around yet, and school bus safety features could have been designed by...the kin of men who flew WWI buses! rofl. ....at least to myself...is that barmy? wink

18. You have a replica WWI pilots uniform in your 'den'. Well, not quite, but I did recently purchase a 1915 one shilling piece from ebay just to feel what it was like, and also knowing my current pilot (George Lyons) gets seven of those a day...cold comfort if he dies!

19. You can't remember the last book you bought that wasn't connected with WWI aviation ....actually, almost true! I had to think about it, but since April I have acquired five books, one magazine, and borrowed a few more via interlibrary loan (a wonderful thing in the USA) all about WWI aviation. Fortunately, the library director at my local library is also a WWI buff, and I've been able to talk to him on occasion about stuff, including WOFF of course.

Requesting permission to embark! salute

Regards,

Jeff

Last edited by stljeffbb; 08/22/17 04:25 AM. Reason: Duh, I have to request permission ;) ...and barmy

WOFF:UE Computer Specs and set-up:
Homebuilt Computer!
Intel i5-3570k mildly overclocked to 3.8ghz
AsRock Z75 mobo
Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB (EVGA one fan version)
16 GB RAM
42 inch Sharp Aquos LCD TV with 120hz refresh
Very old (over 20 years now) Aiwa Receiver/Amplifier
Very old giant stereo speakers with newer sub-woofer
Very old Logitech Wingman joystick with two buttons and a throttle slider
Very old CH Thurstmaster analog footpedals
Manhattan analog/USB converter
W10
#4375806 - 08/22/17 05:33 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Ace_Pilto Offline
Livestreamer/YouTuber
Ace_Pilto  Offline
Livestreamer/YouTuber

I'll endorse your claim.

Anyone who photoshops themselves into WW1 pictures is going above and beyond the base requirements imo.

#4375815 - 08/22/17 11:20 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: Ace_Pilto]  
CaptSopwith Offline
Barmy WingNut
CaptSopwith  Offline
Barmy WingNut

United States
Originally Posted by Ace_Pilto
I'll endorse your claim.

Anyone who photoshops themselves into WW1 pictures is going above and beyond the base requirements imo.

How right you are Ace_Pilto!

I'll second Jeff's induction into the BWOC. I think your fantastic additions to our stories around here are more than meritorious for membership. Now if only Lou was here he'd be the first to tell you...

New lad buys the first round!

I'll take a nice stout Guinness if you have it Jeff!

cheers

#4375821 - 08/22/17 11:39 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
MFair Offline
MFair  Offline

I vote a hardy yes! Who has the bat! Is it time for the spanking? Where is my drink?

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from either end.
BOC Member since....I can't remember!
#4375826 - 08/22/17 12:00 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Raine Offline
Raine  Offline

New Brunswick, Canada
Oh heck yeah! A great addition to the flock.

Page 18 of 33 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 32 33

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM