Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4338006 - 02/16/17 06:01 PM What do you want to see from missions on Saturdays and Mondays?  
bonchie Offline
bonchie  Offline

Specifically in mission design.

Do you prefer patrol based missions, single objective attacks on a point with no contact before, multi-objective missions, defensive missions, longer patrols to target, shorter patrols target, extraction objectives to reach, narrative based or more open world, just small arms or armor/air units included, etc.?

Do you have some specific ideas for scenarios or missions?

I'm be curious what some of you guys who don't make missions think.

Or you can just say everything is awesome I guess biggrin

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4338022 - 02/16/17 07:15 PM Re: What do you want to see from missions on Saturdays and Mondays? [Re: bonchie]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
That's actually a harder question to answer than you might think.

I prefer variety, but I can't say X type of missions are generally superior to type Y, so make more X.

As for a specific idea, I have one but I don't know if it's feasible due to scripting/triggering conditions necessary to make it doable.

Quite simply, get the target (general/terrorist/laptop/files) before it escapes on a vehicle (boat/helo/plane at airfield). Set up some sort of trigger so if you're detected it starts a "bolt" countdown where you may have to rush to stop them, but if you can sneak up undetected they will just be hanging out. I'm sure the timing to make it challenging but not impossible or a cakewalk will be tough to work out, too.

Not an original idea for most FPS games, but if we've done them in Arma it's been pretty rare.

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#4338032 - 02/16/17 07:27 PM Re: What do you want to see from missions on Saturdays and Mondays? [Re: bonchie]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
I'd like to see some armor missions where we actually get to crew tanks and duke it out with enemy tanks. Call it a "Kursk-style" mission. smile

Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 02/16/17 07:28 PM.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4338044 - 02/16/17 08:11 PM Re: What do you want to see from missions on Saturdays and Mondays? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Meatsheild Offline
Arma3 guy!
Meatsheild  Offline
Arma3 guy!

Peoples Republic of Yorkshire
i want a missions with no maps, at night, with no NVGs, total overcast .. with rain .. and fog!, with limited ammo, and with your team being hunted down by fully equipped enemy's .. but i'd get moaned at skyisfalling hahaha

SimHQ Arma3 sessions, weekly semi-serious co-op action for all ages and skills! check the forum sticky for more info!

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3732626/SimHQ_Arma3_Sessions,_who,_wha#Post3732626

All spelling errors are included free of charge and courtesy of a broken spell checker!
#4338045 - 02/16/17 08:14 PM Re: What do you want to see from missions on Saturdays and Mondays? [Re: Meatsheild]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted By: Meatsheild
i want a missions with no maps, at night, with no NVGs, total overcast .. with rain .. and fog!, with limited ammo, and with your team being hunted down by fully equipped enemy's .. but i'd get moaned at skyisfalling hahaha
Meh, who needs ammo? Just give me a USMC-issued K-bar combat knife.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4338049 - 02/16/17 08:26 PM Re: What do you want to see from missions on Saturdays and Mondays? [Re: bonchie]  
bonchie Offline
bonchie  Offline

I thought about being a dick and making an Unsung mission with us stuck in the jungle at night with no maps, but I figured I'd have my mission making privileges revoked.

The idea about the officer escaping could at least be partially accomplished. Countdown triggers are easy but I'd have to see if it can be done based on enemy detecting you. At the very least, I could make a mission where the officer flees as you get close to add some suspense.

#4338083 - 02/16/17 10:20 PM Re: What do you want to see from missions on Saturdays and Mondays? [Re: bonchie]  
saghen Online cool
saghen  Online Cool

USA
I know tempusmurphy was interested in a POW rescue mission in Unsung. I know bonchie did one earlier. I think a POW mission where there are two or three camps, but the POWs are in one and their location changes randomly every time the mission loads.

I'm also interested in armor missions. When near kind was playing with us, he had some kind of script or something that made us more resistant to tank hits and more survivable. I think we need to find out about that before we make tank missions. The Taurus map is great for armor. Wish we could utilize it.

Also, it's sometimes nice to have longer missions, I don't think Monday night missions should be too long, since several of our members only play an hour. It would be nice to give them the opportunity to play 2-3 missions.

I, for one, would like to see helo missions. Such as attack helps along with a scout helo. It would also make respawning easier, as there would be more helps at base. I don't know how to scale the enemy resistance though

#4338191 - 02/17/17 08:26 AM Re: What do you want to see from missions on Saturdays and Mondays? [Re: saghen]  
tempusmurphy Offline
tempusmurphy  Offline

outside London
as Saghen said What about a total Helo mission with everyone either in Gunships as pilot or gunner covering some uh1s on a hot LZ... With the Tank Idea we used to do a similar mission in IF44 with all players in tanks ... but the tanks in that were far better also as an unwind for the end of the night, the old IF players will remember the canyons with pistols imagine that in the jungle biggrin

Last edited by tempusmurphy; 02/17/17 11:54 AM.

Dont think of it as being vastly outnumbered ... but just having a large target selection.

The only thing more accurate than incoming fire, is incoming friendly fire

Tracers work BOTH ways...

" I have a cunning plan my lord "
#4338308 - 02/17/17 02:26 PM Re: What do you want to see from missions on Saturdays and Mondays? [Re: bonchie]  
bonchie Offline
bonchie  Offline

I think some combined arms missions would be cool.

Maybe a gunship + transport and everyone else are infantry capturing and extracting an HVT or something. But someone would have to be good with flying the transport while everyone else fights for a period of time.

#4338465 - 02/18/17 12:03 AM Re: What do you want to see from missions on Saturdays and Mondays? [Re: bonchie]  
TheProf Offline
TheProf  Offline

Canada
I like the unsung missions in the Jungle when we have ammo crates at the beginning of the mission. That allows us to gather a large number of smoke and frag grenades. That allows us to fight offensively in the jungle by working together and moving forward by systematically using smoke and frags. I find some of the load outs we get for Jungle Combat just aren't going to work for us.

#4338535 - 02/18/17 10:32 AM Re: What do you want to see from missions on Saturdays and Mondays? [Re: tempusmurphy]  
Fudge93 Offline
Fudge93  Offline

England
Originally Posted By: tempusmurphy
as Saghen said What about a total Helo mission with everyone either in Gunships as pilot or gunner covering some uh1s on a hot LZ... With the Tank Idea we used to do a similar mission in IF44 with all players in tanks ... but the tanks in that were far better also as an unwind for the end of the night, the old IF players will remember the canyons with pistols imagine that in the jungle biggrin

IF44 Tanks? Ramming Speed! biggrin

I used to enjoy the defence missions we had in Iron Front as well. I have considered putting one together for Unsung, but it's been so long since I created a mission it'll be a while. Also need to find some decent spots to locate the mission.

Trying to locate the randomly placed downed pilot at night was also a fun mission. Some stealth elements involved.

combtpilot.co.uk
#4338552 - 02/18/17 12:25 PM Re: What do you want to see from missions on Saturdays and Mondays? [Re: Fudge93]  
bonchie Offline
bonchie  Offline

Originally Posted By: Fudge93
[quote=tempusmurphy]
I used to enjoy the defence missions we had in Iron Front as well. I have considered putting one together for Unsung, but it's been so long since I created a mission it'll be a while. Also need to find some decent spots to locate the mission.

Trying to locate the randomly placed downed pilot at night was also a fun mission. Some stealth elements involved.

The first mission I made for Unsung was a defense mission at the radio relay on Da Krong. I may redo that one (it was for the original Alpha release). It worked surprisingly well. I had triggers where the enemy would set off trip flares so it wasn't total darkness.

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.