Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 19 of 20 1 2 17 18 19 20
#4336226 - 02/11/17 12:49 AM Re: From "Banned" to "Posting Rights Revoked" [Re: Floyd]  
straycat Offline
straycat  Offline

Originally Posted By: Floyd
Quote:

ED does not hire professional community managers that are trained to be nice to people. They offer the job to volunteers and that attracts the worst kind of assholes. Because these are people that want to tell others what to do.

Now this is interesting.
Do you have any proof about the qualification of these "volunteers"?
Waiting for hard facts ...

Go to the Ubisoft forums. Moderators will never get in your way, and I have used less polite terms than I used in the ED forums. I flatout suggested the rainbow six developers made teh latest operator overpowered on purpose to boost season pass sales:

Quote:
Jackal is overpowered and unrealistic. But I think this is on purpose to boost season pass sales. Players will buy the season pass to get him a week early, and then after 1-4 weeks the ability will get patched to be far less useful.

This also explains why these operators get these magical and heavily art and code effort abilities. To make a splash. Ubi probably figured last years operators had little impact because why buy a season pass to place bear traps a week early. Last season's abilities ranged from useful (blackeye) to developers running out of ideas (ECHO, Capitao).

But now we get this long range pulse wallhack for attackers and a window to look through? Meanwhile tachanka remains useless for another year (because there is no season pass money to be made from a better tachanka.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1568863-Jackal-is-OP-on-purpose-to-boost-Season-Pass-sales

I openly called design decisions retarded, idiotic and other things. Other players frequently attack ubisoft for server outages in very hostile wordings. Still moderators do not berate, ban, edit.

Because they are interacting with paying customers who have grievances. I am posting with my original account that is over 13 years old.

Meanwhile in the ED forums I lose a new account every module. It is the same for several other indie games where the developers rely on a group of volunteer assholes to moderate forums. And these people emotionally collapse when someone talks back to them.

That is your proof.

Last edited by straycat; 02/11/17 12:51 AM.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4336232 - 02/11/17 01:18 AM Re: From "Banned" to "Posting Rights Revoked" [Re: Force10]  
SkateZilla Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
SkateZilla  Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran

Virginia Beach, VA
<<--- Breakdown Real Quick:

I'll put this out here just in case you have any doubts about my "qualifications"

1. I've Moderated Several Forums, Several of which are far more "Negative" than SimHQ, Several Of Which are Vastly Larger than both SimHQ and ED Forums.
(Xbox.com, ForzaMotorsport.net, NHL.com to name a few)

2. I've Moderated Several Services (of which Xbox Live, from Launch til now, I respond to support tickets and feedback complaints etc)

3. I Manage a Retail Store, and Before that was an Assistant/Dept. Manager at a Walmart.

4. I've Produced Content for Sites that I Spend Significant time on, in forms of Reviews/Articles, Applications, Media, Etc etc.
(SimHQ Being One of them).

5. I was Webmaster/Site Admin for Several Websites Starting my Junior year of HS through Now, I still admin a few sites.

6. I was Testing Games Before I Graduated from High School (2001 -> Present)

7. I was Testing Operating Systems Immediately After HS

8. I was Testing Both Xbox Hardware and Xbox Live before they Launched Retail, and Continue to do so Today.

9. I was Testing Flight Sims Since 2002 (Janes/Thirdwire Being the Bulk Until about 2009, and Eventually becoming a tester for DCS Primarily).

10. I Operate and Manage my Own CGI Studio w/ Subcontracts for Several Movie Studios for SFX and Rendering.

I can continue through to about 25 points.. but I'll spare you the long read.

Last edited by SkateZilla; 02/11/17 01:23 AM.

HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro,
Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133,
2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
#4336244 - 02/11/17 02:19 AM Re: From "Banned" to "Posting Rights Revoked" [Re: Force10]  
Noodle Offline
Noodle  Offline

Yet somehow you still suck at it.

I keed, I keed...

But seriously.

#4336260 - 02/11/17 03:59 AM Re: From "Banned" to "Posting Rights Revoked" [Re: Force10]  
cichlidfan Offline
cichlidfan  Offline

Woodbridge, VA, USA
Not directing this at anyone in particular but I have worked with engineers, for example, with advanced degrees and years of experience, that still sucked at the job. Doing a job for a long time doesn't always equate to being good at it.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1
#4336292 - 02/11/17 09:33 AM Re: From "Banned" to "Posting Rights Revoked" [Re: Force10]  
Floyd Offline
Floyd  Offline

And being a customer with an attitude like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV4vHpqrj6E
doesn't qualify to reason about business plans,
coding, product cycle or physics.

#4336302 - 02/11/17 11:38 AM Re: From "Banned" to "Posting Rights Revoked" [Re: SkateZilla]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
Originally Posted By: SkateZilla

I can continue through to about 25 points.. but I'll spare you the long read.

I noticed that your list contains no 'qualifications' with regards common sense and the ability to interact in a suitable manner with the community, because that is the biggest problem with the ED message boards and the moderators that govern it.

Thanks for not listing the other 25 'qualifications'.

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
#4336323 - 02/11/17 01:23 PM Re: From "Banned" to "Posting Rights Revoked" [Re: SkateZilla]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
Originally Posted By: Vaderini
Wait, you seriously believe SithSpawn is a capable community manager?

And yes, his day job and qualifications are easily google-ble. I won't post links here because I don't want to make this a witch hunt, but to imply that his actions and resume shines positively on his capabilities is a far stretch.

Wait... Sith has a day job??? I thought weilding the ban hammer and trolling other forums looking for bad guys was his full-time job? If not, then I'm impressed at his time management skills! biggrin

Originally Posted By: SkateZilla
<<--- Breakdown Real Quick:

I'll put this out here just in case you have any doubts about my "qualifications"

Right now, I'm dealing with a person in HR who has been in the hospital for 10+ years. You'd think by now they'd have the proper "qualifications" or skills but I'm there scratching my head wondering why they're still employed.

Also been on a HR meeting talking about my attendance record. My last "absence" was due to having my appendix taken out, emergency surgery. HR was present, and so were my two bosses, senior nurses in Theatres. The question was asked "What are the chances of you being absent for this reason again?" I'm sorry, but how many appendices does a person have? Basic anatomy guys. I'd understand that maybe Ms. HR has no idea about that, but surely my two bosses should've known that the question was out of place.... but they left it there for me to answer. biggrin

I also work "on the floor" with a couple of "senior" nurses, "senior" meaning they've been working there longer than I have and also that they're older than I am. Guess who's in charge of the floor? Me. Just because they've been working there for longer does not mean they're able to be in a supervisory position and handle the complex tasks of juggling staff around.

- Ice
#4336339 - 02/11/17 03:17 PM Re: From "Banned" to "Posting Rights Revoked" [Re: Force10]  
FartHog Offline
FartHog  Offline

UK
"Experience" does NOT equate to "Qualified".

All that alleged "experience" and you still manage to come across like a #%&*$#. biggrin

ANYBODY can moderate, the issue is HOW you moderate.

#4336398 - 02/11/17 08:14 PM Re: From "Banned" to "Posting Rights Revoked" [Re: Force10]  
Frederf Offline
Frederf  Offline

How about Capitalizing random Words in the middle of sentence? I find that Correlates to someone with mental issues.

How About it, Skate?

#4336404 - 02/11/17 08:37 PM Re: From "Banned" to "Posting Rights Revoked" [Re: Force10]  
FartHog Offline
FartHog  Offline

UK
They're NOT random.

You NEED to get out MORE.

#4336406 - 02/11/17 08:46 PM Re: From "Banned" to "Posting Rights Revoked" [Re: Frederf]  
Nate Offline
Nate  Offline

Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted By: Frederf
How about Capitalizing random Words in the middle of sentence? I find that Correlates to someone with mental issues.

That's interesting, how so?

Nate

#4336440 - 02/11/17 10:33 PM Re: From "Banned" to "Posting Rights Revoked" [Re: Force10]  
FartHog Offline
FartHog  Offline

UK
..Oh, it wasn't Aimed at me...sorry...Been drinking. cheers

Yes...very Interesting. biggrin

#4336458 - 02/12/17 12:32 AM Re: From "Banned" to "Posting Rights Revoked" [Re: Force10]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
iT was verY obVious that frEdeRf wasn'T talkIng aBOUt yOu, siLLy.

- Ice
#4336525 - 02/12/17 08:41 AM Re: From "Banned" to "Posting Rights Revoked" [Re: Force10]  
Darkwolf Offline
Darkwolf  Offline

Belgium
Quote:

Unlike the other d***s, Skate is the only one spending time on most place trying to help people. But it can't be denied the rest of the team are doing terribly wrong.

Made in France - And now surviving Belgium weather
Milsim Paintball Player
Proud to be one of the newest SIMHQ Newby !
#4336546 - 02/12/17 12:55 PM Re: From "Banned" to "Posting Rights Revoked" [Re: Force10]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
I'd make a statement but personally the last couple of pages have summed it up regarding qualifications RE: moderator status for ED. I'll raise one point, Skate banned me over at ED for comments here when she chimed in on regarding the Hawk AFM thread......she took offence to my answer to her "can you tell me where in the world is carmen sandiego" and proceeded to ban me for 6 months for comments and points raised in these very forums.

I raised certain points with ED via opening a support ticket on the official DCS website regarding comments mentioned here and Skates ban, my response was answered by Sithspawn (community manager) however Sobek (former ED moderator) decided to throw her 5 cents into the thread which I thought was justified and so I put her name through to be considered for Community manager....thus in return earning me a lifetime ban from the official forums for comments raised here at SimHQ......Do I hold a grudge?? nope, however when ED come here (Sobek, Skate etc etc) and taking comments to heart whilst adding bans to accounts over at ED....If you are woman enough to picket here with your flags and signs about womens rights in the sim world, expect to cop a bit of flak and comments in return....

25 points regarding threads and what you have moderated in the past means nothing here.....No better than "up the tree" ranting about projects she has managed.

#4336547 - 02/12/17 12:57 PM Re: From "Banned" to "Posting Rights Revoked" [Re: Darkwolf]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Originally Posted By: Darkwolf
Quote:

Unlike the other d***s, Skate is the only one spending time on most place trying to help people. But it can't be denied the rest of the team are doing terribly wrong.

Is she?

Experience says Skate AKA Carmen is here to take notes and ban people on the official DCS site....

#4336572 - 02/12/17 01:53 PM Re: From "Banned" to "Posting Rights Revoked" [Re: - Ice]  
Vaderini Offline
Vaderini  Offline

Originally Posted By: Winfield
Do I hold a grudge?? nope

...Continues to bring the issue up every time he gets the chance :-D

Originally Posted By: - Ice

As far as being a single-player guy, well, how many ways can you drop a bomb, really? The button presses required prior may be slightly different, the HUD symbology will be different, but the general idea is the same. How many ways can you practice the different methods of dropping a bomb before you need to move on to something else? In other words, how many practice runs do you need before you take the training wheels off?

It's about the systems and technology behind them, it's not the actual act of throwing bombs that I care about or find interesting. And that is what I like about DCS: it's a study sim in the likes of SAMsimulator.

Thanks to DCS, I followed a russian language course and spent hundreds of hours rummaging through the actual MiG-21bis technical documentation. I could probably maintain a real-life one at this point. And THAT is what satisfies me about DCS and motivates me to buy more.

But when a module gets never completed and is left being forgotten (MiG-21, Huey, NTTR) or is just a complete fantasy plane (Mirage 2000), that's when my feathers get ruffled.

Quote:

A single multi-role aircraft with a DC makes the process of dropping a bomb much more interesting.... not because it changes the way you must drop the bomb but rather the challenges presented to you en-route to your target and maybe even AFTER you drop the bomb. Or can you even make it that far into enemy territory to drop the bomb in the first place?

I get it, you're more into BMS, but I doubt DCS will ever be a replacement. ED has just a completely different vision about what the end product should be. They aim to make it more of a flying book than a combat game.

Last edited by Vaderini; 02/12/17 01:56 PM.
#4336573 - 02/12/17 01:54 PM Re: From "Banned" to "Posting Rights Revoked" [Re: Force10]  
FartHog Offline
FartHog  Offline

UK
Skates a She ?

#4336575 - 02/12/17 02:02 PM Re: From "Banned" to "Posting Rights Revoked" [Re: FartHog]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Originally Posted By: FartHog
Skates a She ?

Until Force 10 says otherwise....I believe she is.....

#4336576 - 02/12/17 02:04 PM Re: From "Banned" to "Posting Rights Revoked" [Re: Vaderini]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Originally Posted By: Vaderini
Originally Posted By: Winfield
Do I hold a grudge?? nope

...Continues to bring the issue up every time he gets the chance :-D

and this my friends is what happens when someone's advances are rejected in an open discussion....the same way Leafy Boy rejected my advances in a Pm

Page 19 of 20 1 2 17 18 19 20

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.