Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#4325248 - 01/02/17 09:17 AM Re: Is PC game Thirdwire history? [Re: SHar82]  
Schwalbe Offline
Schwalbe  Offline

Your dedicated users are emotionally involved and how do you ease them down from the change. It's like a community management PR issue. But as a fellow user i will say grow the f up, it is nothing more than a customer supplier business relationship no matter how involved u are together on the foras.
Wished u did't spend all those time on the foras reading and writing to TK now right.. Yes as said, grow the f up and stop wasting your own time. This not only applies to one game. It's like one of the old timers here said "back then everybody didn't make the team", well nowadays it's rather the same, just the illusion of making it (in car w/ dad) due to the internet which has everybody fooled including tk himself. to me tis all heavy pointless drama.

But i say sad and community self defeating because of it. I think tk is very selfless and willing to share his stuff with his customers. In turn he also places much weight on them for making decisions which led to bad results, the users he shares much with even turns against him. And so the sad conclusion from this is you really need a selfish person to run a good business. You be generous, but ppl will end up hating u. Huh.
But, without a sharing mind, tk wouldn't have made a game that supported modding in the first place. Bye bye combatace and all that.

Last edited by Schwalbe; 01/02/17 10:10 AM.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4325258 - 01/02/17 11:53 AM Re: Is PC game Thirdwire history? [Re: SHar82]  
Stratos Offline
Hotshot
Stratos  Offline
Hotshot

Amposta, Spain
Is rather funny that we have to "grow up" just cause we don't share your point of view, when accepting different opinions than yours is important when you're not a kid anymore. Anyway, it's ok you think the developers should keep everything for themselves, info, opinions, help etc, is your opinion and I accept it without having to erase letters so my words are not censored, but you need to have in mind that internet changed everything, like it or not, is not the old times anymore when developers were just a name in a box, in the era of internet If you're not active there, you're already dead commercialy cause today news are already old.

-Sir in case of retreat, were we have to retreat??
-To the Graveyard!!

sandbagger.uk.com/stratos.html
#4325262 - 01/02/17 12:08 PM Re: Is PC game Thirdwire history? [Re: Stratos]  
Schwalbe Offline
Schwalbe  Offline

Originally Posted By: Stratos
Is rather funny that we have to "grow up" just cause we don't share your point of view, when accepting different opinions than yours is important when you're not a kid anymore. Anyway, it's ok you think the developers should keep everything for themselves, info, opinions, help etc, is your opinion and I accept it without having to erase letters so my words are not censored, but you need to have in mind that internet changed everything, like it or not, is not the old times anymore when developers were just a name in a box, in the era of internet If you're not active there, you're already dead commercialy cause today news are already old.

Same old words to you Stratos knowing you're a hard left liberal, no dev is a saint and the world is not a communist totalitarian. His stuff is his stuff, it is not yours. The internet is new, but humans are same old same old.

Let's try the most popular "ppl's sim" at the moment. Let's try asking BMS to share their source code with you and me and everybody. Let's see if they'll just say "here you go!" and give you a download link. pfft.

Last edited by Schwalbe; 01/02/17 12:22 PM.
#4325365 - 01/02/17 07:34 PM Re: Is PC game Thirdwire history? [Re: SHar82]  
Stratos Offline
Hotshot
Stratos  Offline
Hotshot

Amposta, Spain
Splendid, mixing politics with simming. Very adult, really.

Bugging off, going back to enjoy flying.

-Sir in case of retreat, were we have to retreat??
-To the Graveyard!!

sandbagger.uk.com/stratos.html
#4325377 - 01/02/17 08:35 PM Re: Is PC game Thirdwire history? [Re: SHar82]  
Schwalbe Offline
Schwalbe  Offline

what... this topic and similar ones like it are full on flight sim politics to begin with. why pretend otherwise?

what would you call a world where intellectual property doesn't exist. as much as i hate saying "IP" it is a necessary evil without which very few ppl will have the incentive to create softwareanything, as in there'll be little creativity, in the first place.

speaking of, TW's games have no DRM. And it is an entry level sim. It is like saying to a lot of poor ppl hey if you don't have money just have the games, I don't mind. How much more liberal do you expect TK to be... bloody heck.

I, for one, like him a lot as a game dev. and certainly his work. and i can see TK is a really nice guy. I like nice guys. That's all of my point. oh and good devs like these should be cherished, not trashed.

Last edited by Schwalbe; 01/02/17 08:53 PM.
#4332374 - 01/28/17 03:19 PM Re: Is PC game Thirdwire history? [Re: SHar82]  
Warmbrak Offline
Warmbrak  Offline

Western Australia
Schwalbe, I see you managed to smother this thread with your opinion; you made it the first time, then again, then again. Every time someone states their view - there you just have to steamroll over it all again.

We all love TK. No-one would expect him give away the source code, and everyone here respects him.

You have this thread to yourself now. Enjoy.

#4332551 - 01/29/17 01:38 AM Re: Is PC game Thirdwire history? [Re: Warmbrak]  
Schwalbe Offline
Schwalbe  Offline

Originally Posted By: Warmbrak
Schwalbe, I see you managed to smother this thread with your opinion; you made it the first time, then again, then again. Every time someone states their view - there you just have to steamroll over it all again.

far as i see i'd only debated posts of 2 ppl. who is "everyone"?

More importantly subject here's about TW rather than me or you. TW was bashed for years, repeatedly, by ppl that only know to "want". they want more stuff from TW, they want more stuff from the modders. but eventually when they can no longer get these stuff, instead of a heart felt "thank you for all u did", they say things from "too bad" to "you suck".
i mean ffs.. this is like a very ugly side that modding brings out despite how awesome it is in most aspects. and someone needs to say something different about this.

Quote:
We all love TK. No-one would expect him give away the source code, and everyone here respects him.

No one?? There were many ppl that wanted him to give the SC to the internet. tis been a big can of worms.
anyway, i don't see anyone that's in a position to represent "everyone and all".

Quote:

You have this thread to yourself now. Enjoy.

actually i do enjoy writing blog-like threads but this here isn't for personal enjoyment.
i really like modding, but some part of it saddens me.

Last edited by Schwalbe; 01/29/17 01:46 AM.
#4335516 - 02/08/17 03:20 PM Re: Is PC game Thirdwire history? [Re: SHar82]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

Montagnac, L'Herault, France
I am still programming EAW and thank TK for his original work. We have improved the multiplayer aspects of EAW enormously, and this is the opposite of what happened in SF. When the 7217 error decimated EAW I bought SF Gold which offered multiplayer. However, in that aspect it was dreadful and as a result there was little chance of a multiplayer community growing. TK clearly determined his lack of interest in multiplayer, and that was the end as far as I was concerned frown
I still have my installations, with a heap of WW2 aircraft and theatres, plus the file manager I wrote,and I check them out occasionally.
We are still flying EAW online smile

Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger Site

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
#4335692 - 02/09/17 05:09 AM Re: Is PC game Thirdwire history? [Re: SHar82]  
Schwalbe Offline
Schwalbe  Offline

^shoulda gone IL2 or lomac~

or,, pick max 2 outta 3

sim is selling;
has multiplayer;
open modding;

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.