Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#4334188 - 02/03/17 01:34 AM Letters from L'Escadrille Américaine  
The_3rd_Guru Offline
The_3rd_Guru  Offline

Tokyo
1 May 1916

Dearest Emily,

I'm very sorry that I haven't been able to write to you for a few days. After training finished it has been a mad rush getting here to XXXXXX We arrived yesterday and we haven't had a moment's rest! We barely had time to settle in, and there were so many things to take care of and so many people to get to know.

I'm still getting to know everyone, but as I've already told you everyone here is American like me. Everyone that is except for Capitaine Thénault and Lieutenant de Laage de Meux who are both French, but they both speak excellent English. My French is pretty poor, but so far this hasn't been a hindrance.

The rest of the boys I'll be living and flying with are all very swell. Everyone has been welcoming and kind and helpful, and I'm sure we're all going to get along just fine. There's one person here called Kiffin, and he's extraordinarily nice. Everyone here likes him, and he's quickly becoming our "glue". Another person is William, but we all call him Bill, and he seems to be the elder statesmen (even though he's not that much older than me!). He's been very nice to me, and although he's just as new as the rest of us at this squadron, it really seems like he knows what's going on and where everything's at. He's been especially helpful to me, and in this strange place and this horrid war, it's wonderful to have someone like him by your side.

There are many other wonderful people here, but I'll tell you about them all in due course. I've got more important news to talk about.

We flew out first mission today!

Last night we were all up late, and all of us seemed too excited to sleep. We were all keyed up for our first morning sortie. I don't think I slept more than a few minutes, and when the sergent came to wake us all, I was already long awake. I think most of the boys were the same for we all seemed to excitedly jump out of our beds. (Did I tell you we are staying in an old French chateau? Who said that war was tough all the time?!) Now keep in mind that it was nearly three o'clock in the morning! But even so, sleep was the furthest thing from my mind.

Yesterday we got a bit acquainted with our aeroplanes. We are all flying a new model called a XXXXXXXX XXXX It's a swell craft to fly! It sure beats the training craft, and these that we are flying are all fresh and new. It just feels great to have an aeroplane you can call your own.

After a very hasty breakfast and a quick jaunt to our aerodrome, we were briefed as to what we all had to do. The capitaine explained that we were mainly going to get accustomed with everything today. He didn't want anybody taking unnecessary risks. (The horror stories I've heard about commanders immediately throwing the men under them into the fire proved unfounded at least with Capitaine Thénault. He seems very concerned about us almost like a father. I felt very reassured by the way he spoke and treated us.)

We were to fly toward the lines over the XXXXX XXXXXXXXX toward XXXXXXX We would only just barely fly into German territory and then we would turn back. The capitaine told us that things were supposedly quiet around here at the moment, but even so we should all be diligent and careful.
After this briefing, we were soon in the cockpits of our aeroplanes, all suited up and ready to fly. Our mechanics (also swell men!) had our engines running in no time, and before you could take in the magnitude of this momentous occasion, we were off!

I was flying with James, Elliot, and the wonderful Lieutenant de Laage de Meux, who was our flight leader. (I'll tell you more about these great people later.) We followed him in formation, and behind us and above us flew Kiffin, Victor, and Capitaine Thénault. They were to watch over us and make sure nothing untoward happened. It sure was reassuring to have them back there watching our backs!

The hardest part of all of this for me was flying in formation. I never could really get the hang of that in training (at least, not so well), and I struggled to keep in my place with the other pilots. Eventually, I got into a rhythm, but I had to be extremely careful for this entire flight.

We flew and flew nearing the XXXXX XXXXXXXXX The ground became more and more mountainous. Time seemed very strange. I can't say if time flew or if time dragged. Everything seemed like another world. The land we were flying over was just gorgeous and we were pretty much flying due east toward the rising sun, so we were all bathed in brilliant sunlight for the whole journey to the lines.

Sometime later (again I can't say it passed quickly or slowly) we were nearing the front! The closer we got I was ever more diligent looking every which way I could and behind me also. It was exhausting, but we were taught to be on the lookout everywhere and at all times as the Boche can craftily sneak up on you when you least expect it and before you know it you are headed for the earth! (Our ears have been filled with all kinds of horror stories.)

As I was doing this and trying to keep in formation, I suddenly saw a speck of something in the distance over German lines! I was beginning to panic, but Lieutenant de Laage de Meux didn't seem worried. He never deviated from our path. I could see it clearly, though. Something was out there in the sky! Nobody else seemed to notice. We kept on flying and flying. "What is wrong with everyone?!" I thought to myself. Shouldn't we do something about this?! But even I had to admit that this object didn't seem interested in us. In fact, it seemed stationary in the sky, which all seemed impossible for an aeroplane. Time passed and we continued to fly and no one did anything. I kept my eye on it until I couldn't see it anymore.

Eventually we were over no man's land, and I could see some trenches dug into the ground. To be honest I wasn't sure if they were ours or theirs, but as no one shot at us, I guess they were ours. (Or else the Boche had abandoned them.) In no time at all, we turned around and made our way back.

Having our backs to German lines was not at all comfortable! Of course, Kiffin, Victor, and the capitaine were protecting us, but I kept looking back again and again to make sure no villainous Boche was on our tails. After a while, though, we were far from German lines and far into our own territory, and no one attacked us.

The long flight back actually seemed much quicker than the flight there. (Gosh, Emily, the land around here is so beautiful! Flying back with the sun casting heavenly shadows everywhere, you just couldn't imagine that there is this evil war going on all around us. The sooner we defeat these treacherous bullies, the happier the world will be.)

It was with great delight that I made out our aerodrome in the distance. We had made it back all of us in one piece! We had survived our very first sortie over the lines! We all landed safely, and all of us were chuffed at having finally joined this war and begun to play our part in the pursuit of justice and peace!

We had to have a debriefing, and the capitaine praised all of us for staying in formation and flying and landing well. He seemed very happy with all of us and with how everything went. I couldn't wait to bring up what I saw, and as soon as I could I asked why no one else reacted to the enemy aeroplane I saw. The capitaine started to laugh as did a few others. I asked why, and the capitaine said, "That was a balloon, caporal!"

I guess I was fooled! Here I thought there was an enemy lying in wait for us, but all the time it was a German observation balloon! (Some of the boys here call them "sausages".) Well, at least I'll know next time what to expect. Every new thing I learn will keep me alive.

That's all the time I have to write today. I promise I'll write as much as I can, but I never know what will happen. Please don't be disappointed if long spells pass between my letters. I'll do my best.

Gosh! I'm infernally tired! My back was killing me after that flight, and I think all my sleeplessness is catching up to me now. I'm dreadfully, dreadfully tired.

I send you all my love. Please know that I am safe, happy, and well.

Yours forever truly,
Christopher

#4334301 - 02/03/17 01:11 PM Re: Letters from L'Escadrille Américaine [Re: The_3rd_Guru]  
Raine Offline
Raine  Offline

New Brunswick, Canada
T3G, excellent post. I, too, love the ability to immerse yourself in the times and place of 1916 through this sim. I'll be watching eagerly for future installments of your story.

BTW, my new pilot in the Centenary DiD Campaign is a Canadian with No 3 Naval Wing, stationed at Luxeuil in the Vosges in September 1916. They shared the aerodrome at Luxeuil with the Escadrille Americaine. My last report includes a description of their first joint mess dinner, held a few days after Kiffin Rockwell's death. Check it out.

Keep up the good work! It's great to have you in the community.

PS. Aren't folks like Louvert incredible? I'ma Luddite when it comes to mod ding and such, and I find his ability amazing.

#4334305 - 02/03/17 01:20 PM Re: Letters from L'Escadrille Américaine [Re: The_3rd_Guru]  
Robert_Wiggins Online smile
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Robert_Wiggins  Online Smile
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
T3G & Raine;

I sense there may just be some joint experiences coming up in future story installments! I too love those immersive stories and hope to get back to it once the modding effort slows down.

Best Regards Gents

(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4

#4334323 - 02/03/17 02:01 PM Re: Letters from L'Escadrille Américaine [Re: The_3rd_Guru]  
Creaghorn Offline
Creaghorn  Offline

N�rnberg Frankonia
Very nice, I love stuff like that. Well done :-)

If you are interested take a look at:

Not to hijack your thread but if you want to get some ideas and glimpes for you, a series about a pilot from the Lafayette Flying Corps. Maybe they'll even get to know each other :-).

Keep your work going thumbsup

#4334334 - 02/03/17 02:16 PM Re: Letters from L'Escadrille Américaine [Re: The_3rd_Guru]  
The_3rd_Guru Offline
The_3rd_Guru  Offline

Tokyo
Thank you, Raine, Robert, and Creaghorn.

I love immersing myself in history. Reading about things is one thing, but actually living that life (in small ways) is another.

And, Creaghorn, I'm happy to check out your videos. Thank you for the link.

Raine, what do you mean Kiffin's death?! It's 2 May 1916 here and Kiffin Rockwell is alive and well! I have no idea what you are talking about!

#4334337 - 02/03/17 02:20 PM Re: Letters from L'Escadrille Américaine [Re: The_3rd_Guru]  
The_3rd_Guru Offline
The_3rd_Guru  Offline

Tokyo
2 May 1916

Dearest Emily,

I've just gotten back from what officially was our second sortie. This time we were flying over friendly territory toward XXXXX, an aerodrome to the XXXXX. We were on patrol as there were rumors the Germans could be entering our territory today. Even with these rumor, though, it felt a bit safe flying so deep into our own territory. I kept a constant eye toward the east, but nothing came.

A-Flight was on a mission similar to ours, and they had flown past us at a much greater altitude. Eventually they disappeared into the blue. However, much later I caught a site of three aeroplanes far in front of us. At first I panicked, throttled up, and tried to gain some altitude, but no one in our formation did anything about it. Soon I realized that I was actually seeing A-Flight way ahead of us!

This incident made me realize how much of a challenge it will be to spot aircraft in the distance and determine whether or not they are hostile. For a moment there today, my heart started to race furiously. I thought I might actually enter real combat for the very first time. This wasn't to be, but again I've come to learn the challenges that lay before me. Before all of us.

Later, the boys and I were talking about this. Kiffin has a few ideas of how to spot aircraft. His eyes seem better than mine. Bill - who I'm getting closer and closer to all the time - assured us that you can always tell an enemy aircraft that has seen you because it'll try to gain height. If you see an aircraft quickly change, you know something is up. That is, of course, if it sees you first. Capitaine Thénault said that we were over friendly territory, so you can be fairly certain the aircraft you see are probably friendly. He said, however, when you are flying over the lines never to take anything for granted. As soon as you see another aircraft, you should immediately seek to place yourself in an advantage.

That's what I'll definitely do.

Gosh, Emily, we are all getting excited to get in our first real scrap. Hopefully tomorrow we can all go over the lines again, and this time we all hope we can get into some real action!

Otherwise things are fine here. We are all getting settled in, and I especially am enjoying life here in this old chateau. I've never stayed in such a big house before. And you wouldn't believe how great the food is here. I have to admit that I did feel a bit bad. Flying back today we passed over some convoys on the road and you could see hundreds of dirty and tired poilus (that's what we call the French infantrymen) marching somewhere or other. I realized how tough their lives are and how wonderful ours is by comparison.

But we all have our parts to play. We of the Escadrille Américaine are risking our lives too just in a different way. We are in just as much danger; it's just of a different nature.

I don't want to get morbid, Emily. I hope you are well. You know, I would be forever in your debt if you could send me some of that chocolate we had that one time in November. You remember, don't you? (I'll say no more!) Send me a few bars, and I can share them with the boys here!

Until next time.

With deepest affection,
Christopher

#4334378 - 02/03/17 03:23 PM Re: Letters from L'Escadrille Américaine [Re: The_3rd_Guru]  
Banjoman Offline
Banjoman  Offline

Antigua, Guatemala
Since I'm not above shamelessly plugging the Centenary DID, you need to come over and join us. biggrin

Member and provider of banjo music for the Illustrious BOC
#4334392 - 02/03/17 04:42 PM Re: Letters from L'Escadrille Américaine [Re: The_3rd_Guru]  
Raine Offline
Raine  Offline

New Brunswick, Canada
Originally Posted By: The_3rd_Guru

Raine, what do you mean Kiffin's death?! It's 2 May 1916 here and Kiffin Rockwell is alive and well! I have no idea what you are talking about!

In the Intrepid Fliers timeline of the Centenary DiD campaign, we're at the end of September 1916. Your story begins earlier. Rockwell died on 23 September, if I recall.

#4334417 - 02/03/17 06:10 PM Re: Letters from L'Escadrille Américaine [Re: The_3rd_Guru]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Raine, I've a hunch T3G was feigning surprise at your announcement of Kiffin's impending demise as he's already admitted that he is a stickler for historical accuracy, in particular when it comes to l'Escadrille Américaine.

[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.
"pippy-pahpah-pippy pah-pip-pah"

#4334503 - 02/03/17 10:22 PM Re: Letters from L'Escadrille Américaine [Re: Raine]  
The_3rd_Guru Offline
The_3rd_Guru  Offline

Tokyo
Originally Posted By: Raine
Rockwell died on 23 September, if I recall.

I'm not hearing this!

[Sticks fingers in ears and says "Nah! Nah! Nah!" very loudly again and again.]

#4334782 - 02/05/17 12:08 PM Re: Letters from L'Escadrille Américaine [Re: The_3rd_Guru]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

T3G, I had a chance just now to sit down with a nice hot cuppa' and read Christopher's letters to Emily. Most enjoyable and very well written Sir, please do continue sharing them with us. You'll find other of us here who not only enjoy reading such offering but writing them as well - Raine, Marean, Robert Wiggins, Hasse, Banjoman - just to name a few. You'll also find video stories too such as Creaghorn's outstanding "Brascoe" series and Hellshade's superb vignettes. And as you are currently active with the Lafayette Escadrille you might enjoy the following video done by yours truly during one of Rick Rawlings' many fine challenges.

Keep up with your letters T3G, they go great with our morning coffee.

Lou

[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.

#4334788 - 02/05/17 12:31 PM Re: Letters from L'Escadrille Américaine [Re: The_3rd_Guru]  
Blackard Offline
Blackard  Offline

Back in RB3, I wrote a story on Flyberts site.

What i did was to take a WWI pilot and live him vicariously through the game and produce it as journal entries, leaving his fate to the events in the game.

I took the liberty of adding in a love story (this particular pilot did meet a woman during his time in service).
Through my adventures in the game, he became a leading ace and hero, leaving the war (close to the end) after being severely wounded in action, crashing down in no man's land, rescued and returned home to her.

Came out pretty good. Fun as hell to do.

Last edited by Blackard; 02/05/17 12:31 PM.
#4334792 - 02/05/17 12:41 PM Re: Letters from L'Escadrille Américaine [Re: The_3rd_Guru]  
The_3rd_Guru Offline
The_3rd_Guru  Offline

Tokyo
Lou,

Thank you for the video. That was really well done.

I'm curious, though, what was the ultimate fate of Curtis? Did he survive the war? Or did he share the fate of his escadrille mate, Lufbery?

And, Blackard,

Yeah, that's exactly how I was thinking. Using Wings Over Flanders Fields gives an amazing opportunity to understand history in much more vivid detail. I like to fly as realistically as possible and fly without any aids and in real time. You really get a sense of how draining these missions were day after day and how terrifying and nervous a pilot could feel.

When I eventually land after a two hour sortie, I feel exhausted and it is then I write these letters. It's a really fun way to place myself in the world and understand these young men.

#4334796 - 02/05/17 12:59 PM Re: Letters from L'Escadrille Américaine [Re: The_3rd_Guru]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

T3G, thanks, and Curtis did survive the Challenge though not the war. Also, like you and Blackard and numerous others here, when I fly for the feeling of it all, rather than for practice or testing purposes, I have a single pilot going at any one time and commit to him. I use no aids, no time acceleration, and no in-sim map, (only my 'paper' maps). You really start to appreciate just what it must have been like for these brave lads, or as much as that is possible while sitting in the warmth and comfort of your own home. To be sure, even with that warmth and comfort, after two or more actual hours in the virtual air where you have been constantly on edge scanning the skies for trouble while at the same time trying to stay in formation and complete the assigned mission - well - once back at camp safe and sound, (provided fate has been kind), one is inspired to write about it.

[Linked Image]

#4334864 - 02/05/17 08:02 PM Re: Letters from L'Escadrille Américaine [Re: The_3rd_Guru]  
Banjoman Offline
Banjoman  Offline

Antigua, Guatemala
T3G, you really must come join us in the Centenary DID. The flying is almost secondary to the wonderful stories that each fellow is creating. The stories that Hasse and Raine create should be published and since it's obvious that you can tell a story as well you would be most welcome.

#4334898 - 02/06/17 01:07 AM Re: Letters from L'Escadrille Américaine [Re: Banjoman]  
The_3rd_Guru Offline
The_3rd_Guru  Offline

Tokyo
Originally Posted By: Banjoman
T3G, you really must come join us in the Centenary DID. The flying is almost secondary to the wonderful stories that each fellow is creating. The stories that Hasse and Raine create should be published and since it's obvious that you can tell a story as well you would be most welcome.

Thank you very much for the invite.

I actually have been popping in and out of that thread. There are a lot of great stories there and some really good writers. All of you seem really to be enjoying yourselves and producing some really fun work.

I, however, lack a bit of long-term dedication. This kind of thing is really inspiring me at the moment, but - and I know me very well here - as soon as my inspiration dips a little, I'll vanish without a trace for a very long time. I'm like a sailboat rushing forward propelled by a frantic wind; as soon as another crispy wind blows, I'm off in another direction.

(Plus I really should be writing other stuff right now. Perhaps Wings Over Flanders Fields and these letters are a diversion keeping me away from my "real" writing projects!)

#4334915 - 02/06/17 02:54 AM Re: Letters from L'Escadrille Américaine [Re: The_3rd_Guru]  
Banjoman Offline
Banjoman  Offline

Antigua, Guatemala
Ah, I see. Well, join us if and when you can and we'll save you seat in the mess.

#4334934 - 02/06/17 05:11 AM Re: Letters from L'Escadrille Américaine [Re: The_3rd_Guru]  
The_3rd_Guru Offline
The_3rd_Guru  Offline

Tokyo
3 May 1916

Dearest Emily,

There is something I want to talk to you about, something that has been on my mind since last night (or perhaps this morning), but before I bring that up let me tell you about today's sortie.

In the morning when (most of us) eagerly were woken from our sleep, after getting ready and making our way to the aerodrome, we were told that we had another patrol over friendly territory. Most of us seemed a bit upset. You could hear a few moans and sighs around the place. I think most of us are desperately eager to get into some real action. Patrolling far from the front lines isn't what we all had imagined before coming here. You could especially see that Norman (we all call him "Nimmie") was upset. Later, as we made our ways to our planes, he was complaining (albeit quietly so as not to be overheard by the capitaine) that we were a resource being wasted on these seemingly non-threatening sorties.

Capitaine Thénault had explained to us that these missions were of the most vital importance as a few of our aerodromes had been bombed and attacked in broad daylight recently. Command wants to protect our planes and prevent any more damage from happening. It seems like they believe our unit is most properly equipped and manned for such a duty.

I'm fine with all of this. To be brutally honest, the last few days have been a bit trying for me in the end. While I'm just as excited as the rest of us to truly make a difference and take the fight to that nefarious Hun, I've been rather quickly learning the magnitude of what I've gotten myself into.

Let me explain.

As you fly and get farther and farther from your home aerodrome (which has quickly become an amazing haven for us flyers), you realize the danger you are in. An enemy aircraft could easily appear out of the sky in any direction at any moment. While you are flying, there are three things you are trying to balance at once. You have to control your aircraft. (But I have to admit this really does become second nature to you. After all my training, I pretty much operate my craft without a second thought as if it is an extension of my body.) You have to fly in formation. (This is easier said than done sometimes. You would be surprised how challenging it is to keep five aircraft all flying in a certain shape at a certain height and a certain speed. This is really taxing!) Finally, you have to constantly be looking around for the enemy. He could appear anywhere. In front of you, your view is pretty easy and clear, but behind you and above you, you have to ever be looking. The nasty Boche could swoop down in a single moment of laxness on your part! Again and again I am looking back for fear of being attacked. As we flew to our patrol destination on today's sortie, the east was starboard, and the whole time I had this ominous feeling of dread from there. It's like there is a great cloud of evil waiting in that direction to snatch our lives away!

I'm already exhausted due to this fear and anxiety!

But I haven't told the other boys this. I don't want them to think me a coward. I'm not a coward, Emily! I'm just a bit overwhelmed with all this newness and change. I'm sure I'll get used to things. Please don't worry about me.

Today our sortie went off without incident. Once again I sighted A-Flight in the distance, and again for a moment I thought it was a group of hostile aircraft. I am realizing how much of a challenge it is to identify aircraft from very far away. Back at the aerodrome I've been studying the intel on the enemy aircraft in our local area, so that I will be able to spot and identify them more effectively. The adjutant, de Laage de Meux, repeated to me that you can always indentify an enemy craft if it quickly tries to gain more altitude when it sees you or else if it changes its position rapidly. Be wary, he said. I will!

We landed without incident, and later I could see that Nimmie was getting more and more upset. His feelings of wanting to get into a scrap and start taking the Boche to account seem to be infectious as some of the others were getting a bit upset too after listening to him. Bert (that's Weston, who insists everyone call him "Bert") even suggested that the French may have agreed to all of this just as a show and that they never meant to place us into any real danger. I don't believe him, but some others seemed to, and this made Nimmie even more upset.

Finally, Emily, I wanted to tell you the thing I mentioned at the beginning of this letter.

All through the night there was sporadic shelling in the distance. (This also continued during our flight today which was a constant noise and companion above the drone of our engines.) I guess this is Boche shelling, but I'm not sure. And no one else seemed to know either. It was sporadic but, being so, it was more than enough to disturb one's sleep. I woke and fell back asleep time after time last night.

What I wanted to tell you is that I had an awfully strange dream! I haven't been able to get this out of my head since.

It has all faded somewhat, but this is what I remember: I was back home and walking around downtown. A storm must have been brewing somewhere in the distance as the sky was very dark (just like the sky on this morning's sortie!). It was getting windier and windier and then a few drops of rain began to fall. I had an umbrella with me and I immediately tried to open it. As I did so, the wind suddenly picked up and blew furiously! I was fighting with the wind trying so hard to keep my umbrella from blowing inside out. But it was all to no avail! The wind was absolutely furious! Suddenly my umbrella did blow inside out, and then it began to just deteriorate in my hands. The fabric ripped and flew away. The ribs of the umbrella twisted and broke. Yet I still desperately tried to hang on to it. I couldn't do this no matter how hard I tried, and finally it was ripped completely out of my hands and I watched it blow far away into the darkened sky, twisting and turning, until it was out of sight completely.

I then woke with a frantic start!

As I said, it was awfully strange, and that dream put me in a strange mood all day. When we flew on our sortie, the skies were dark all around us even though the eastern sun was shining strongly through breaks in the cloud. It was almost as if the sky from my dream had been made manifest.

I don't think it means anything, and I don't want to worry you. I just wanted to share this with someone. I don't think the other boys here would understand.

Please take care of yourself, Emily. I'll write more soon.

Yours forever truly,
Christopher

#4335229 - 02/07/17 03:09 AM Re: Letters from L'Escadrille Américaine [Re: The_3rd_Guru]  
Raine Offline
Raine  Offline

New Brunswick, Canada
T3G

First rate story! I really thought the bit about the umbrella was a great touch. Keep 'em coming!

#4335246 - 02/07/17 05:05 AM Re: Letters from L'Escadrille Américaine [Re: The_3rd_Guru]  
The_3rd_Guru Offline
The_3rd_Guru  Offline

Tokyo
Thank you, Raine. That's very kind of you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM