Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#4332181 - 01/27/17 11:53 PM VGD Devices UTC Mk II+ - professional wireless Track Clip Pro alternative  
HAV_ Offline
VGD Devices
HAV_  Offline
VGD Devices

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

UTC - what is it?

UTC is an active head tracking clip, a professional alternative for popular Track Clip Pro, yet offering everything that original design does not provide...
Sturdier, more powerful and much better made... and will not break from just looking at it wink
And above all - wireless and with a battery that allows for several hours of fun per single charge.

For whom?

For all those who want to free themselves from the cables and enjoy perfect tracking signal throughout the entire work time.
Tested by many, loved by everyone.
If you're looking for a for professional solutions, value aesthetics and don't like compromise, you've come to the right place.

Technicall specification:

- Wireless head tracking clip based on 3 IR LED model (active tracking based on infrared diodes).
- Fully compatible with TrackIR (all versions).
- Fully compatible with OpenTrack, FaceTrackNoIR and Free Track.
- Robust design.
- Smooth flexible resin enclosure.
- Same enclosure, 4 differnt variants (3 wireless and 1 cable) - choose the one that suits you best (see details below).
- Guarantee real working time.
- Universal design suitable for your needs - smooth surface on both sides of enclosure without any mounting catches allows you to adjust it to your own needs.
- Compatible with almost every model of bigger headphones.
Don't want to use headphones? No problem. Use a head strap instead (e.g. from a head lamp), mount it to your helmet or even borrow a hairband from your wife... whichever works best for you.
- Left/right side mounting with sticky velcro, double-sided foam tape or sticky zip ties. Be default each UTC copy has a pair of sticky velcro in the box.
- 3 high quality IR LEDs 120°. High FOV (field of view) LEDs allows for way more head movements without losing tracking signal, so in most cases you'll first lose the sight of your monitor than lose tracking.
- Powered by li-po battery.
- Built-in charger allows to charge the battery from any USB port in your PC or from external DC charger (5V - e.g. from your phone) with attached micro USB/USB cable. Note that you can still play while battery is charging. Charging status is marked by 2 LEDs on enclosure (red - charging, green - fully charged).
- Built-in switch (even in cable model).
- Built-in module ensuring constant LED power supply throughout the whole battery working cycle - no nominal voltage drops. LEDs stay bright all the time, ensuring perfect tracking.
- Built-in battery protections controlling work and charge conditions.
- One year warranty.

Available models:

UTC II+ Pro
- 19h working time
- 1600 mAh battery
- 55g weight
- 225 PLN (approx. 60 USD)

UTC II+ (regular)
- 11h working time
- 1000 mAh battery
- 45g weight
- 200 PLN (approx. 53 USD)

UTC II+ Lite
- 8h working time
- 650 mAh battery
- 35g weight
- 190 PLN (approx. 51 USD)

UTC II+ cable
- 3m USB cable permanently attached (may be longer if needed)
- 20/70 g weight (without/ with cable)
- 125 PLN (approx. 33 USD)

Custom stuff like e.g. specially designed holder for your headphones model available per request - see example below.

Shipping worldwide via:
*Polish Post

- Priority registered letter
- Economical/ priority postal parcels
- EMS

*UPS

Prices, details and estimated delivery times for each shipping option available per request.

Contact via email: vgddevices@gmail.com or PM, here on forum.

Payment via PayPal or direct bank transfer.

User photos:

[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

AKG K702 with a specially designed holder (per request of a user)

Review of a previous model - UTC Mk II by Sim UK

[Linked Image]

Review by Particular Pixels - comparison between direct face tracking and with the usage of tracking clips

[Linked Image]

Last edited by HAV_; 12/10/19 09:55 PM.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4332322 - 01/28/17 12:32 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
Originally Posted By: HAV_
- Left/right headphone mounting with sticky velcro, double-sided foam tape or zip ties - choose yourself*.

*Please note - when used with TrackIR, UTC must be placed on the left side of your headphones. This are TrackIR software restrictions that can't be jumped over due to Track Clip Pro design.
UTC comes with piece of strong sticky velcro.

Sweet! Can we get more pictures of the attachment mechanism? I don't want to use double-sided foam tape as it's permanent, and the same issue possibly with zip tie. What do you mean by "sticy velcro"??

I'd also like to have a look at the battery... can the case be opened? If not, can you please provide a screenshot of it being charged? And charging time from empty?

Lastly, you mention PLN -- Polish currency. Can you provide an accurate shipping cost and shipping time to the UK?

Thanks very much for this interesting device! My Track Clip Pro is on it's way out and this would be a great replacement. I wasn't really too keen on the DelanClip...

- Ice
#4332378 - 01/28/17 03:43 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
HAV_ Offline
VGD Devices
HAV_  Offline
VGD Devices

UTC, by default, is delivered with a piece (3x5 cm) of sticky velcro, see example
I do not advise use hard velcro (example) as it may be too strong and damage the casing.

Example of how it can be mounted with use of sticky velcro below (pics by III/JG52-Drach from CheckSix forum)

[Linked Image]

Casing is not openable. Charging status is indicated by 2 LEDs, located on the left side of the casing (whitish rectangle about 2x5 mm):
red - charging
green - charged

as on this pic - http://s25.postimg.cc/6spjl8usf/image.jpg

Works only when cable is plugged.
There're no any others indicators of battery status - there're no room for them. Small casing dimensions and low weight do their limitations.
Charging time ~2-4h depends of battery capacity. ~2h for UTC Light and ~4h for UTC Pro.

Shipping to UK:
20 PLN - priority registered letter
58 PLN - economical postal parcel
72 PLN - priority postal parcel

It should be at your doors in 2 weeks but this is always a lottery. Lately all my parcels are delivered in 3-5 days over Europe (sent as registered letter).

Last edited by HAV_; 02/03/19 01:54 PM.
#4332495 - 01/28/17 10:16 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Thank you for your pics! Unfortunately, I don't really like how that velcro attachment looks, but then again, I guess I can cut it to exact dimensions... still not ideal. I guess I liked the clip-on attachment of the Track Clip Pro too much. Pity the rest of the Track Clip is too flimsy.

What's the warranty or expected lifespan of the battery if the case cannot be opened? Will your company accept returns or replacements for this?

What's the expected shipping times for the priority letter vs. the priority postal parcel? The first is £4 while the other one is £14... just wondering what the extra £10 does. smile

Now I need to get my scales out to see how heavy my Track Clip Pro is... need to get a sense of how heavy 55g is...

- Ice
#4332510 - 01/28/17 11:38 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
HAV_ Offline
VGD Devices
HAV_  Offline
VGD Devices

Be default velcro is not vissible. Attached piece of velcro is a bit smaller than side box of the casing.

The battery should has full capacity for about 300 cycles (1 cycle - 1 charge & discharge period).
Later the capacity should be about 80% of the rated capacity.
So 300 cycles, 19h each, should give us few years of perfect working time. Treat it well and nothing should happens. Contact me if there's any problem.

Also please remember - UTC is handmade stuff, made in my free time. This is not a company product.

As I said - shipping time is always a lottery here. Both should be delivered in 3-5 days over Europe.
But it could be as well 2-3 weeks.
I personally don't see any difference here, except the price.

#4333392 - 01/31/17 03:16 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
VO101MMaister Offline
VO101MMaister  Offline

Haugesund, Norway
Brilliant product, I have used it for a while now and it has never failed. The battery time is plenty, the construction is rock solid compared to the Track Clip Pro, the compatibility with the trackIR unit is great.

The attachment can be fiddly if you would like to make it removable and you don`t like velcro. I used zip tie with a self adhesive zip tie clamp, and it is great (see the picture below). It should be possible to use velcro between such a clamp and the unit, so it will be removable.

#4333470 - 01/31/17 07:16 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
Brigstock Offline
Brigstock  Offline

London, England
If VO101MMaister thinks it's a good product, that is all the endorsement I would need.
Given the quality of his stick and pedals, if another product gets his thumbs up, then it is a good product smile

#4333475 - 01/31/17 07:30 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: Brigstock]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Steve_F
If VO101MMaister thinks it's a good product, that is all the endorsement I would need.
Given the quality of his stick and pedals, if another product gets his thumbs up, then it is a good product smile

Indeed!

- Ice
#4333482 - 01/31/17 07:54 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: Brigstock]  
VO101MMaister Offline
VO101MMaister  Offline

Haugesund, Norway

Maybe I should try to sell cleaning and beauty products on TV smile

#4333499 - 01/31/17 08:58 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Do you need to? biggrin

- Ice
#4333636 - 02/01/17 08:47 AM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: - Ice]  
VO101MMaister Offline
VO101MMaister  Offline

Haugesund, Norway
Originally Posted By: - Ice
Do you need to? biggrin

Yeah, diversity is a good thing. I was thinking something like:

Engineering and Beauty Services:)

#4333651 - 02/01/17 10:46 AM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: VO101MMaister]  
Brigstock Offline
Brigstock  Offline

London, England
Originally Posted By: VO101MMaister

Maybe I should try to sell cleaning and beauty products on TV smile

If I needed cleaning and beauty products.... well, you know the rest smile

#4334778 - 02/05/17 11:49 AM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

LOL... I thought you were offering these at a lower, "sale" price. Nevertheless, I've put my order in for one and looking forward to trying it out!

- Ice
#4334843 - 02/05/17 05:43 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
Brigstock Offline
Brigstock  Offline

London, England
UTC Light already sold - that was me smile

Looking forward to trying it out.

My Trackclip Pro broke recently and I replaced it with an alternative from Ebay, which has turned out to be far superior to the NP offering in terms of IR trackability. The LEDs used in this 3rd party offering are much better than the trackclip pro LED and tracking is much improved.

Hoping that UTC matches that and I can be wirefree smile

Bottom line is Natural points Trackclip Pro is next to useless, both in build quality and in LED and tracking ability.
How they can charge what they do for it is beyond me!

#4334862 - 02/05/17 07:57 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
HAV_ Offline
VGD Devices
HAV_  Offline
VGD Devices

Actually I'm trying to keep the price as low as possible and comparable to Track Clip Pro. UTC is an alternative to NP unit but... you don't pay here for 3 LEDs, a piece of cable, a resistor and maybe a PTC fuse. UTC is a 'bit' more complicated here... wink

Steve_F - your UTC unit is ready, packed and awaits shipping. Will be sent tommorow.

#4334875 - 02/05/17 09:35 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
Simbo_Sim123 Offline
Simbo_Sim123  Offline

Tonyrefail South Wales
Interested much !

Paul

Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi,
Gwlad beirdd a chantorion, enwogion o fri;
Ei gwrol ryfelwyr, gwladgarwyr tra m�d,
Dros ryddid collasant eu gwaed.
Gwlad, gwlad, pleidiol wyf i'm gwlad.
Tra m�r yn fur i'r bur hoff bau,
O bydded i'r hen iaith barhau.
#4334882 - 02/05/17 10:02 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
HAV_ Offline
VGD Devices
HAV_  Offline
VGD Devices

Check your mail Paul smile

#4335173 - 02/06/17 09:18 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
PM sent HAV_

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
#4335887 - 02/09/17 09:22 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Just some musings.... as you know, the Track Clip Pro LED assembly is on an "arm" that you can move about... does the vertical orientation of the LEDs affect tracking accuracy? Will a perfectly-vertical set of LEDs track better than one that is angled 5, 10, maybe even 15 degrees? Or does the TrackIR just want the LEDs to be at the left side of the head and that's it?

- Ice
#4335896 - 02/09/17 09:46 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
HAV_ Offline
VGD Devices
HAV_  Offline
VGD Devices

As far as I know TIR software is not working correctly with Track Clip Pro attached at the right side of headphones.
TCP is designed to be mounted only at left side. Otherwise TIR software can go crazy - it's not designed for right side mounted clips.
That's why UTC must be placed at the left side of headphones (same as Track Clip Pro).
The "arm" that you mentioned is not needed, look at the VO101MMaisters pic above.

Last edited by HAV_; 02/09/17 09:47 PM.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.