Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4325105 - 01/01/17 02:57 PM Bringing my old Boistrancourt mod into WOFF UE *****  
RAF_Louvert Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Happy New Year Everyone,

After Panama Red had posted his mod last week of the WOFF UE Boistrancourt aerodrome in which he'd worked his magic with Geezer's donated figures and objects he and I discussed the fact that I was in the process of updating my old Boistrancourt mod so that it would work in WOFF UE. He kindly offered to again work his magic and place the additional figures and objects into my mod once I had the update finished. I am pleasantly surprised at how quickly this update is going as I've already changed out all the trees for the new UE offerings and have also incorporated the new cow shed hangar and the guard tower that is now nestled back in the trees at the corner of the manor grounds. All I have left are a handful of texture tweaks to make to the landscape tiles so that things fit better with the new WOFF UE textures. Here is a screenshot showing my old Boistrancourt mod now ported into WOFF UE:

(right-click on image and open in new window to view it full size)

Once I am done with the textures I can send the mod over to PR and when he has done his bit it should be ready for all of you folks.

Cheers!

Lou

[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.
"pippy-pahpah-pippy pah-pip-pah"

#4325108 - 01/01/17 03:25 PM Re: Bringing my old Boistrancourt mod into WOFF UE [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF28Jenks Offline
Barmy Aviator Ordinaire'
RAF28Jenks  Offline
Barmy Aviator Ordinaire'

Kentucky
Oh Lou, how we love you guys!
Must prepare original name and background story for a new Campaign Pilot!
off to the writing desk! exitstageleft

RAF28Jenks
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
RBWL 3 - 2002

#4328853 - 01/16/17 01:59 PM Re: Bringing my old Boistrancourt mod into WOFF UE [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Greetings All,

Just a quick note on where I am at with this update for those interested. By the way, the good thing about having so many different projects going at once is I get to move away from one that is getting tedious and move to another for a change of pace. In this case I was really getting tired of relocating aerodromes and building winter textures.

So then, here are a couple of screenies showing the new wood board fence and the brick walls around the chateau grounds, (many thanks Robert_Wiggins for providing me with the much needed parts). You also will now see the new WOFF UE observation tower poking up above the trees - so neat!

(right-click on an image and open it in a new window to view it full size)

Just a bit more work and I will be sending this along to Panama Red so that he can do his thing and add all the figures that really help bring things to life.

Aaaah, to be retired and have all the time I wish to work on such projects. But until then it's off to work I go.

Later folks!

Lou

[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.

#4328869 - 01/16/17 04:09 PM Re: Bringing my old Boistrancourt mod into WOFF UE [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

It's looking brilliant Lou,I cannot wait to try this out

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
#4328872 - 01/16/17 04:18 PM Re: Bringing my old Boistrancourt mod into WOFF UE [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
KodiakJac Offline
KodiakJac  Offline

USA
Thanks for the update, Lou.

I got spoiled with your Boistrancourt and Bray Dunes mods in WOFF 3. Can't wait until you get them both up and running in Woff UE with Panama's adds to boot!

Your work, plus all of the new airfields that OBD added in WOFF UE really make a difference. thumbsup

I think my favorite new OBD airfield is the combined Vadelaincourt/Lemmes fields near Verdun. Brilliant!

Dogfighting is what you do "after" you drop your bombs and blow something up!
Can you say "JABO!" thumbsup
#4332666 - 01/29/17 03:45 PM Re: Bringing my old Boistrancourt mod into WOFF UE [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

For those interested I have just posted my updated Boistrancourt aerodrome in the "Mods" forum:

Updated Boistrancourt mod for WOFF UE

Enjoy!

Lou

[Linked Image]

#4332765 - 01/29/17 08:51 PM Re: Bringing my old Boistrancourt mod into WOFF UE [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
OvStachel Offline
OvStachel  Offline

Long Island, NY
Wow Lou... this looks amazing!!! You have totally outdone anything previously made in regards to Boistrancourt. Thanks for all your hard work on this and all the other projects you're doing to make WOFFUE just that much better.

OvS

The Black Baron of Boistrancourt returns!!

I'd rather die fighting, than live for nothing. - Gen. G.S. Patton
#4332795 - 01/29/17 11:49 PM Re: Bringing my old Boistrancourt mod into WOFF UE [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Mr_Dirt Offline
Mr_Dirt  Offline

Missouri USA
Beautiful work Lou! Thanks for all your hard work it is much appreciated!

#4333244 - 01/31/17 02:50 AM Re: Bringing my old Boistrancourt mod into WOFF UE [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
ARUP Offline
ARUP  Offline

Kentucky
We think alike! I have about 10 or 12 different RC model airplane projects going on and, like you, when one gets tedious or I need time to figure out some detail I just work on another. Most of my builds are scratch in that I draw my own plans and make almost all the parts and fittings. 1/6 and 1/4 (scale) Sopwith Pup, 1/4 DH-5, 1/6 Pietenpol, 1/8 IK-3, 1/4 Wittman's big 'Bonzo', 1/4 Haines 'Firefly', 1/6 Blohm and Voss P210, 1/6 Hannover Cl-IIIa, two 1/5 Fokker Drls, 1/3 Akaflieg Berlin B3 'Charlotte II', 1/4 RRG 'Professor and some others I can't think of right now.

What you guys do with these flight sims is truly amazing! Seeing areal home for the 'Green Tails' is pretty cool!

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans