Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#4331951 - 01/27/17 08:33 AM What are the ED testers testing ATM?  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
If you want to know what is on the release schedule, look no further than this page.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/beta/

Sign in with your DCS account name and it lists what is currently available to the testers, book mark it somewhere and check it every couple of months or so (for the diehards)....or in my case, about once every 24 months.

Before 1.5, you could grab a key, test it for 30 days and see what you thought of the aircraft before purchasing it. That option was taken away after the way modules are bound to accounts (DCS website) The problem back than was that every time you got in the aircraft, it would alt+tab and you would be required to enter the key as was the case with LN's mig 21 for the 1st 12 months before it was finally patched.

Great for seeing what campaigns are in the works that support Paradaz's claim that ED's focus is campaign after campaign, soon the campaigns will out way the number of aircraft\terrains being released.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4331960 - 01/27/17 10:08 AM Re: What are the ED testers testing ATM? [Re: Winfield]  
leaf_on_the_wind Offline
leaf_on_the_wind  Offline

Not sure, they seem to spend most of their time hunting other forums snitching to ED
if someone says something bad about ED that might hurt ED's feelings, then getting them banned on ED forums

Oh, and also trying to harass, people who don't have the "Sun shines out of ED poop hole"
line that must be enforced everywhere

Last edited by leaf_on_the_wind; 01/27/17 10:08 AM.

Ferengi Rule of acquisition #1 Once you have their money ... never give it back.

#4331964 - 01/27/17 11:12 AM Re: What are the ED testers testing ATM? [Re: Winfield]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
I'd like think that full focus on ED's testing is currently with the merged 2.5 build and the Normandy terrain....this is after all the headline acts from the ED newsletters when they announced the further delays for these products.

I can't access the beta list but would personally take anything ED say with the largest truckload of salt imaginable, purely because I don't believe ED have any iota of what a roadmap or schedule is actually for. For over 8 years they have just stumbled from one thing to the next being reactive rather than pro-active in anything they do. Never have I see a so-called 'professional' company be so inept and incompetent in their core work.

I can only assume that their other contracts keep them afloat as I really can't see a return from their output in comparison to extra 1000's of hours they must have in their work because of the delays.

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
#4331967 - 01/27/17 11:22 AM Re: What are the ED testers testing ATM? [Re: Winfield]  
IceecI Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.
IceecI  Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.

Testing if they are able test & consumer patience.

Give a man fish and he gets food, give a man a fishing rod and he asks for another one.
#4331972 - 01/27/17 11:48 AM Re: What are the ED testers testing ATM? [Re: Winfield]  
leaf_on_the_wind Offline

Can't tell if OP is really really stupid

Or he just doesn't realise that if you are not a BETA TESTER then you cannot see whats on this page

Ferengi Rule of acquisition #1 Once you have their money ... never give it back.

#4331976 - 01/27/17 12:04 PM Re: What are the ED testers testing ATM? [Re: Winfield]  
Sobek Offline
Professional scapegoat
Sobek  Offline
Professional scapegoat

He's not stupid, it worked until few hours ago...

And get a grip of yourself.

#4331994 - 01/27/17 01:38 PM Re: What are the ED testers testing ATM? [Re: Winfield]  
leaf_on_the_wind Offline

Originally Posted By: Sobek

No thanks, didn't you know god kills a kitten everytime you masterbate?

Last edited by leaf_on_the_wind; 01/27/17 02:23 PM.

#4332013 - 01/27/17 02:21 PM Re: What are the ED testers testing ATM? [Re: Winfield]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
Make it a human and I'm in.

When you have over 7.5 billion of anything, the value of just one, ten, or even 100 is pretty much nil.

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#4332025 - 01/27/17 02:47 PM Re: What are the ED testers testing ATM? [Re: Winfield]  
Vaderini Offline
Vaderini  Offline

Wow. Why so much anger, Leaf?

#4332026 - 01/27/17 02:50 PM Re: What are the ED testers testing ATM? [Re: Vaderini]  
Nate Offline
Nate  Offline

Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted By: Vaderini
Wow. Why so much anger, Leaf?

It's the guilt of the feline holocaust he's responsible for biggrin

Nate

#4332033 - 01/27/17 03:29 PM Re: What are the ED testers testing ATM? [Re: Winfield]  
the soupdragon Offline
Sexy Beast
the soupdragon  Offline
Sexy Beast
Hotshot

Cardiff South Wales UK
LOL biggrin

SD

From the hills rebounding
Let this war cry sounding
Summon all at Cambria's call
The mighty force surrounding

Men of Harlech onto glory
This shall ever be your story
Keep these fighting words before ye
Welshmen never yield
#4332035 - 01/27/17 03:39 PM Re: What are the ED testers testing ATM? [Re: Winfield]  
KraziKanuK Offline
Veteran
KraziKanuK  Offline
Veteran

Ottawa Canada
With the bugs in the released modules, do the ED testers even test?

There was only 16 squadrons of RAF fighters that used 100 octane during the BoB.
The Fw190A could not fly with the outer cannon removed.
There was no Fw190A-8s flying with the JGs in 1945.
#4332044 - 01/27/17 04:10 PM Re: What are the ED testers testing ATM? [Re: Winfield]  
leaf_on_the_wind Offline

#4332292 - 01/28/17 10:51 AM Re: What are the ED testers testing ATM? [Re: Winfield]  
bkthunder Offline
bkthunder  Offline

There are no DCS testers, the evolution of that was as follows:

1. Beta testers, like most of us, were reporting bugs, so they all got banned (again, like most of us).
2. Given there were no no bugs to report because DCS is perfect, and therefore no beta testers, ED removed the Beta phase altogether, and changed it with "Early Access" instead.

3. Have you ever heard of "Early Access Testers"? Me neither.

#4332300 - 01/28/17 11:15 AM Re: What are the ED testers testing ATM? [Re: Sobek]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
He's not stupid, it worked until few hours ago...

Indeed....until it was patched not long after my post.....

#4332303 - 01/28/17 11:20 AM Re: What are the ED testers testing ATM? [Re: leaf_on_the_wind]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Originally Posted By: leaf_on_the_wind
Can't tell if OP is really really stupid

Or he just doesn't realise that if you are not a BETA TESTER then you cannot see whats on this page

Calm your farm, it has worked for many years until I decided to share it here in these very forums....the same forums that got me banned by the moderators at ED who monitor SimHQ posts.

Up until I made this post, I have been able to test all aircraft (after release date) Until I shared it openly here and it was patched.....I don't call myself the Unofficial Tester on youtube for nothing, ask Chris from VEAO, he knows what i am talking about.

What I didn't share was unofficial screen shots etc of aircraft before official release. However, Sobek is correct, the link worked until I shared it openly in these very forums.

Now that says something about ED monitoring posts here....that indeed proves not only mine but other members long standing points aimed at ED.

#4332389 - 01/28/17 04:33 PM Re: What are the ED testers testing ATM? [Re: Winfield]  
Sobek Offline
Professional scapegoat
Sobek  Offline
Professional scapegoat

Originally Posted By: Winfield
Now that says something about ED monitoring posts here....that indeed proves not only mine but other members long standing points aimed at ED.

You mean before this incident you weren't aware that people who are close to ED like testers and moderators visit this board? I'm sure everybody is incredibly shocked.

It's perfectly understandable that ED want such an issue fixed ASAP, after all, the accessibility of the beta key page meant that people could fly modules they hadn't payed for indefinitely.

#4332401 - 01/28/17 05:01 PM Re: What are the ED testers testing ATM? [Re: Sobek]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD

You mean before this incident you weren't aware that people who are close to ED like testers and moderators visit this board? I'm sure everybody is incredibly shocked.

It's perfectly understandable that ED want such an issue fixed ASAP, after all, the accessibility of the beta key page meant that people could fly modules they hadn't payed for indefinitely.

I fixed an outstanding issue regarding the link I posted that has been accessible for years......You heard it here 1st....Ole Winfield reported a bug and it was squashed within 2 hours....

Begs the question.....why when bugs are reported relating to the ED|DCS MODULES does it take months before they are fixed? This has to be some kind of record for bugs being squashed (within 2 hours of reporting).....why can't you and rest of the minions show the same commitment when it comes to bugs being reported that involve the modules that WE (the consumer) pay for??

what damage could have been done to the link I posted to ED\DCS etc?? none after the implementation of 1.5 as the way keys are assigned on our DCS accounts differ entirely to how I could test aircraft using the starforce ingame activator.......rather than fix something that effects no one other than publicity of what is due to be released.....how bout you clowns (and former moderator\minion clowns) actually fix (within 2 hours) bugs that have been outstanding for years.....

Aaah no doubt you want an example of a bug outstanding for years.....before I share my effort, I'd rather hear contributions from the community....not the ED community, rather the official DCS consumer community being SimHQ

#4332404 - 01/28/17 05:10 PM Re: What are the ED testers testing ATM? [Re: Sobek]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD

Whilst on the topic.....no doubt the minions are dumbfounded how in your words "after all, the accessibility of the beta key page meant that people could fly modules they hadn't payed for indefinitely" on why I posted this information here rather than message privately some clown at ED??? because I am a disgruntled consumer and when disgruntled consumers get a bit irate, we feel to the need to status update (facebook pun) and tell the world what piss poor service we have received by "said" companies. So what happens now? do I get an infinite infinite ban from the ED forums?? I would ask SkateZilla but I believe he is still looking for Carmen Sandiego somewhere between the https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/personal/order/ and https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/beta bug (yes....as per his comment in the Hawk EFM thread that he had no comment on but to ban me indefinitely from the ED forums)

#4332409 - 01/28/17 05:18 PM Re: What are the ED testers testing ATM? [Re: Winfield]  
Sobek Offline
Professional scapegoat
Sobek  Offline
Professional scapegoat

I fixed an outstanding issue regarding the link I posted that has been accessible for years......You heard it here 1st....Ole Winfield reported a bug and it was squashed within 2 hours....

Thanks to your hubris, this door is shut now. That's a bitter victory, no?

Begs the question.....why when bugs are reported relating to the ED|DCS MODULES does it take months before they are fixed?

That's a real easy question to answer. A page such as digitalcombatsimulator.com is vastly less complicated than the sim itself. Also you don't have to build an installer, it's easier to test, etc. Sorry, but there's no juicy conspiracy in it for you.

Last edited by Sobek; 01/28/17 05:28 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.