Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#4332181 - 01/27/17 11:53 PM VGD Devices UTC Mk II+ - professional wireless Track Clip Pro alternative  
HAV_ Offline
VGD Devices
HAV_  Offline
VGD Devices

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

UTC - what is it?

UTC is an active head tracking clip, a professional alternative for popular Track Clip Pro, yet offering everything that original design does not provide...
Sturdier, more powerful and much better made... and will not break from just looking at it wink
And above all - wireless and with a battery that allows for several hours of fun per single charge.

For whom?

For all those who want to free themselves from the cables and enjoy perfect tracking signal throughout the entire work time.
Tested by many, loved by everyone.
If you're looking for a for professional solutions, value aesthetics and don't like compromise, you've come to the right place.

Technicall specification:

- Wireless head tracking clip based on 3 IR LED model (active tracking based on infrared diodes).
- Fully compatible with TrackIR (all versions).
- Fully compatible with OpenTrack, FaceTrackNoIR and Free Track.
- Robust design.
- Smooth flexible resin enclosure.
- Same enclosure, 4 differnt variants (3 wireless and 1 cable) - choose the one that suits you best (see details below).
- Guarantee real working time.
- Universal design suitable for your needs - smooth surface on both sides of enclosure without any mounting catches allows you to adjust it to your own needs.
- Compatible with almost every model of bigger headphones.
Don't want to use headphones? No problem. Use a head strap instead (e.g. from a head lamp), mount it to your helmet or even borrow a hairband from your wife... whichever works best for you.
- Left/right side mounting with sticky velcro, double-sided foam tape or sticky zip ties. Be default each UTC copy has a pair of sticky velcro in the box.
- 3 high quality IR LEDs 120°. High FOV (field of view) LEDs allows for way more head movements without losing tracking signal, so in most cases you'll first lose the sight of your monitor than lose tracking.
- Powered by li-po battery.
- Built-in charger allows to charge the battery from any USB port in your PC or from external DC charger (5V - e.g. from your phone) with attached micro USB/USB cable. Note that you can still play while battery is charging. Charging status is marked by 2 LEDs on enclosure (red - charging, green - fully charged).
- Built-in switch (even in cable model).
- Built-in module ensuring constant LED power supply throughout the whole battery working cycle - no nominal voltage drops. LEDs stay bright all the time, ensuring perfect tracking.
- Built-in battery protections controlling work and charge conditions.
- One year warranty.

Available models:

UTC II+ Pro
- 19h working time
- 1600 mAh battery
- 55g weight
- 225 PLN (approx. 60 USD)

UTC II+ (regular)
- 11h working time
- 1000 mAh battery
- 45g weight
- 200 PLN (approx. 53 USD)

UTC II+ Lite
- 8h working time
- 650 mAh battery
- 35g weight
- 190 PLN (approx. 51 USD)

UTC II+ cable
- 3m USB cable permanently attached (may be longer if needed)
- 20/70 g weight (without/ with cable)
- 125 PLN (approx. 33 USD)

Custom stuff like e.g. specially designed holder for your headphones model available per request - see example below.

Shipping worldwide via:
*Polish Post

- Priority registered letter
- Economical/ priority postal parcels
- EMS

*UPS

Prices, details and estimated delivery times for each shipping option available per request.

Contact via email: vgddevices@gmail.com or PM, here on forum.

Payment via PayPal or direct bank transfer.

User photos:

[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

AKG K702 with a specially designed holder (per request of a user)

Review of a previous model - UTC Mk II by Sim UK

[Linked Image]

Review by Particular Pixels - comparison between direct face tracking and with the usage of tracking clips

[Linked Image]

Last edited by HAV_; 12/10/19 09:55 PM.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4332322 - 01/28/17 12:32 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
Originally Posted By: HAV_
- Left/right headphone mounting with sticky velcro, double-sided foam tape or zip ties - choose yourself*.

*Please note - when used with TrackIR, UTC must be placed on the left side of your headphones. This are TrackIR software restrictions that can't be jumped over due to Track Clip Pro design.
UTC comes with piece of strong sticky velcro.

Sweet! Can we get more pictures of the attachment mechanism? I don't want to use double-sided foam tape as it's permanent, and the same issue possibly with zip tie. What do you mean by "sticy velcro"??

I'd also like to have a look at the battery... can the case be opened? If not, can you please provide a screenshot of it being charged? And charging time from empty?

Lastly, you mention PLN -- Polish currency. Can you provide an accurate shipping cost and shipping time to the UK?

Thanks very much for this interesting device! My Track Clip Pro is on it's way out and this would be a great replacement. I wasn't really too keen on the DelanClip...

- Ice
#4332378 - 01/28/17 03:43 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
HAV_ Offline
VGD Devices
HAV_  Offline
VGD Devices

UTC, by default, is delivered with a piece (3x5 cm) of sticky velcro, see example
I do not advise use hard velcro (example) as it may be too strong and damage the casing.

Example of how it can be mounted with use of sticky velcro below (pics by III/JG52-Drach from CheckSix forum)

[Linked Image]

Casing is not openable. Charging status is indicated by 2 LEDs, located on the left side of the casing (whitish rectangle about 2x5 mm):
red - charging
green - charged

as on this pic - http://s25.postimg.cc/6spjl8usf/image.jpg

Works only when cable is plugged.
There're no any others indicators of battery status - there're no room for them. Small casing dimensions and low weight do their limitations.
Charging time ~2-4h depends of battery capacity. ~2h for UTC Light and ~4h for UTC Pro.

Shipping to UK:
20 PLN - priority registered letter
58 PLN - economical postal parcel
72 PLN - priority postal parcel

It should be at your doors in 2 weeks but this is always a lottery. Lately all my parcels are delivered in 3-5 days over Europe (sent as registered letter).

Last edited by HAV_; 02/03/19 01:54 PM.
#4332495 - 01/28/17 10:16 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Thank you for your pics! Unfortunately, I don't really like how that velcro attachment looks, but then again, I guess I can cut it to exact dimensions... still not ideal. I guess I liked the clip-on attachment of the Track Clip Pro too much. Pity the rest of the Track Clip is too flimsy.

What's the warranty or expected lifespan of the battery if the case cannot be opened? Will your company accept returns or replacements for this?

What's the expected shipping times for the priority letter vs. the priority postal parcel? The first is £4 while the other one is £14... just wondering what the extra £10 does. smile

Now I need to get my scales out to see how heavy my Track Clip Pro is... need to get a sense of how heavy 55g is...

- Ice
#4332510 - 01/28/17 11:38 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
HAV_ Offline
VGD Devices
HAV_  Offline
VGD Devices

Be default velcro is not vissible. Attached piece of velcro is a bit smaller than side box of the casing.

The battery should has full capacity for about 300 cycles (1 cycle - 1 charge & discharge period).
Later the capacity should be about 80% of the rated capacity.
So 300 cycles, 19h each, should give us few years of perfect working time. Treat it well and nothing should happens. Contact me if there's any problem.

Also please remember - UTC is handmade stuff, made in my free time. This is not a company product.

As I said - shipping time is always a lottery here. Both should be delivered in 3-5 days over Europe.
But it could be as well 2-3 weeks.
I personally don't see any difference here, except the price.

#4333392 - 01/31/17 03:16 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
VO101MMaister Offline
VO101MMaister  Offline

Haugesund, Norway
Brilliant product, I have used it for a while now and it has never failed. The battery time is plenty, the construction is rock solid compared to the Track Clip Pro, the compatibility with the trackIR unit is great.

The attachment can be fiddly if you would like to make it removable and you don`t like velcro. I used zip tie with a self adhesive zip tie clamp, and it is great (see the picture below). It should be possible to use velcro between such a clamp and the unit, so it will be removable.

#4333470 - 01/31/17 07:16 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
Brigstock Offline
Brigstock  Offline

London, England
If VO101MMaister thinks it's a good product, that is all the endorsement I would need.
Given the quality of his stick and pedals, if another product gets his thumbs up, then it is a good product smile

#4333475 - 01/31/17 07:30 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: Brigstock]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Steve_F
If VO101MMaister thinks it's a good product, that is all the endorsement I would need.
Given the quality of his stick and pedals, if another product gets his thumbs up, then it is a good product smile

Indeed!

- Ice
#4333482 - 01/31/17 07:54 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: Brigstock]  
VO101MMaister Offline
VO101MMaister  Offline

Haugesund, Norway

Maybe I should try to sell cleaning and beauty products on TV smile

#4333499 - 01/31/17 08:58 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Do you need to? biggrin

- Ice
#4333636 - 02/01/17 08:47 AM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: - Ice]  
VO101MMaister Offline
VO101MMaister  Offline

Haugesund, Norway
Originally Posted By: - Ice
Do you need to? biggrin

Yeah, diversity is a good thing. I was thinking something like:

Engineering and Beauty Services:)

#4333651 - 02/01/17 10:46 AM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: VO101MMaister]  
Brigstock Offline
Brigstock  Offline

London, England
Originally Posted By: VO101MMaister

Maybe I should try to sell cleaning and beauty products on TV smile

If I needed cleaning and beauty products.... well, you know the rest smile

#4334778 - 02/05/17 11:49 AM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

LOL... I thought you were offering these at a lower, "sale" price. Nevertheless, I've put my order in for one and looking forward to trying it out!

- Ice
#4334843 - 02/05/17 05:43 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
Brigstock Offline
Brigstock  Offline

London, England
UTC Light already sold - that was me smile

Looking forward to trying it out.

My Trackclip Pro broke recently and I replaced it with an alternative from Ebay, which has turned out to be far superior to the NP offering in terms of IR trackability. The LEDs used in this 3rd party offering are much better than the trackclip pro LED and tracking is much improved.

Hoping that UTC matches that and I can be wirefree smile

Bottom line is Natural points Trackclip Pro is next to useless, both in build quality and in LED and tracking ability.
How they can charge what they do for it is beyond me!

#4334862 - 02/05/17 07:57 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
HAV_ Offline
VGD Devices
HAV_  Offline
VGD Devices

Actually I'm trying to keep the price as low as possible and comparable to Track Clip Pro. UTC is an alternative to NP unit but... you don't pay here for 3 LEDs, a piece of cable, a resistor and maybe a PTC fuse. UTC is a 'bit' more complicated here... wink

Steve_F - your UTC unit is ready, packed and awaits shipping. Will be sent tommorow.

#4334875 - 02/05/17 09:35 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
Simbo_Sim123 Offline
Simbo_Sim123  Offline

Tonyrefail South Wales
Interested much !

Paul

Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi,
Gwlad beirdd a chantorion, enwogion o fri;
Ei gwrol ryfelwyr, gwladgarwyr tra m�d,
Dros ryddid collasant eu gwaed.
Gwlad, gwlad, pleidiol wyf i'm gwlad.
Tra m�r yn fur i'r bur hoff bau,
O bydded i'r hen iaith barhau.
#4334882 - 02/05/17 10:02 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
HAV_ Offline
VGD Devices
HAV_  Offline
VGD Devices

Check your mail Paul smile

#4335173 - 02/06/17 09:18 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
PM sent HAV_

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
#4335887 - 02/09/17 09:22 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Just some musings.... as you know, the Track Clip Pro LED assembly is on an "arm" that you can move about... does the vertical orientation of the LEDs affect tracking accuracy? Will a perfectly-vertical set of LEDs track better than one that is angled 5, 10, maybe even 15 degrees? Or does the TrackIR just want the LEDs to be at the left side of the head and that's it?

- Ice
#4335896 - 02/09/17 09:46 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
HAV_ Offline
VGD Devices
HAV_  Offline
VGD Devices

As far as I know TIR software is not working correctly with Track Clip Pro attached at the right side of headphones.
TCP is designed to be mounted only at left side. Otherwise TIR software can go crazy - it's not designed for right side mounted clips.
That's why UTC must be placed at the left side of headphones (same as Track Clip Pro).
The "arm" that you mentioned is not needed, look at the VO101MMaisters pic above.

Last edited by HAV_; 02/09/17 09:47 PM.
#4335917 - 02/10/17 12:04 AM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

I just thought that the arm might have served a purpose, which is to keep the LEDs properly vertical when the head is in the neutral, forward-facing position. If it's not needed, great! One less thing to break down!

- Ice
#4336434 - 02/11/17 09:53 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

With Friday come and gone, I was getting comfortable with the idea that the UTC was going to be delivered next week. After all, I did opt for the cheapest shipping option at 20 PLN or around £4. Imagine my surprise and joy when I came home from work today to find a nice little package on the floor!

Hmmm... what is this?!?? biggrin

Nice little box... HAV did say "Gorilla package" so I expected it to be.... bigger. Maybe even hairier...

With a snug little packaging and lightweight components, I don't think there was any problems with this thing getting here in one piece.

The IR LEDs are actually brighter in the picture than they are in reality. I couldn't even tell if they were turned on or not.

I tried charging the UTC with the cable for my G700s. No sense in plugging in yet another USB cable to my PC just for this; I've got a lot of things connected as it is! biggrin Nice little red charging light that goes green when fully charged.

I'm quite impressed by the build quality. It's going to take serious force to break the "arms" and the unit is quite light considering it's supposed to be the heaviest model. This one weighs in at 55g but the TrackClip Pro is only 22-23g so once mounted on the headset, I wonder if I'll notice any difference. biggrin I've not tested it yet as I have not quite decided on how to mount it yet. I think I'll go with VO101MMaister's advice and go with a cable tie clamp + velcro combo.

I was thinking of suggesting a small LED to indicate whether the unit is on or off, but I guess that'll be easy enough to figure out by the fact that TIR is not responding. I do like the feel of the small switch and how it "clicks" as you move it to the on/off position. So far, very pleased with this product regarding build quality and pricing and ESPECIALLY pleased with the fast response and quick shipping!

- Ice
#4336884 - 02/13/17 02:41 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
HAV_ Offline
VGD Devices
HAV_  Offline
VGD Devices

Nice unboxing review - Ice, thx for sharing. Hope it'll serve you well.
The working LED indicating whether it's On/Off is already on my list of possible improvements for the upcoming Mk III unit*, but thx for the tip smile

* When Mk III will be on market? - twoweeks be sure TM**

**No, seriously, I don't know when it'll be on market. For now it's only few concept ideas what can be improved wink

Last edited by HAV_; 02/13/17 02:41 PM.
#4337016 - 02/13/17 08:29 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Well, like I said, I thought about suggesting it but really, determining if it's on or not is really very simple and also, the ON/OFF LED indicator might eat into the battery life so it's really not needed.

I'll post pics of how I mount it later on... too busy at work to sort this out.

- Ice
#4337720 - 02/15/17 07:44 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
Brigstock Offline
Brigstock  Offline

London, England
Received mine yesterday.
UTC light

Overall impression is very positive.
The unit is heavier than a track clip, but we are not talking heavy it' grams. Fitted on the side of my headset I don't feel it at all.

I'm currently using a HyperX Cloud wired headset. I had a wireless headest for a while, but because I had the track clip on it, when it came to replace the headset. I went wired as I couldn't see the point in having wireless when I still had a wire hanging from my head.

Back to the UTC. IR detection on the TIR 5 is good, the offset middle LED is a brilliant idea as it now doesn't get obscured by the top or bottom LED, which would often break tracking when looking down. It is worth it for that on it's own.

Build quality is very good, feels so much more robust than the Naturalpoint offering, which has proved to be so fragile as the amount of broken clips has attested too.

IMO if you need to replace your track clip. UTC is the way to go.

#4337736 - 02/15/17 09:29 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

The TrackClip Pro has the center LED offset as well... or is it the other two that are offset? biggrin Depends how you look at it, I guess.

I have a cheap headset and I have three spots on the headset that can work as mounting options. I have to be careful which one as I've had issues when one of the LEDs obscures the other resulting in loss of tracking. This wouldn't be an issue with the TrackClip Pro as I'd just adjust the angle a bit, re-center, and off I go. No ability to do so with the UTC, so the actual placement and angle of the device becomes super important.

Might just be me, or placebo effect, but I feel like this makes my TrackIR way too sensitive. I'll need to test a bit more with UTC vs. TrackClip Pro, but when I tested it initially, I immediately wanted to adjust the curves on the profile which I've been using for ages now.

- Ice
#4337832 - 02/16/17 09:49 AM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
Brigstock Offline
Brigstock  Offline

London, England
Not had that issue.

One of the things I have always had to do with the NP clip is mess with the light filter to get smooth tracking in different light conditions.

Since replacing the NP clip with an after market clip from Ebay and now with the UTC I haven't had to touch the light filtering.

#4339982 - 02/24/17 01:50 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

I was wondering why you've not posted this over at the BMS forums.... I'm sure a lot of people would be interested in this! So I decided to make them aware of this by starting a thread over there. I encourage you to make an account over there and make your presence and your product known.

Good luck!

- Ice
#4340053 - 02/24/17 03:37 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
HAV_ Offline
VGD Devices
HAV_  Offline
VGD Devices

Trully said... I forgot about BMS so thx for bringing this up - Ice.
I've already registered and will put my thread online soon in the same form as here. Hope you don't mind but this will allow me to keep it updated wink

I was thinking lately about putting this thread at few bigger forums, so if you know any worth checking out, let me know smile
It's already at DCS, CheckSix, SimHQ and WT.

#4340055 - 02/24/17 03:45 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
CyBerkut Offline
Administrator
CyBerkut  Offline
Administrator
Hotshot

Florida
You probably ought to look at posting in the Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous forums. (You better have your production rate capability ramped up before you do though...)

#4340173 - 02/24/17 10:27 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Like I said, I've already started a thread for you there. You can add to it and subscribe to it so that you'll be updated when somebody posts, but of course you're free to start your own again and I'll just tack on my review there if you don't mind.

As for production rate, I wouldn't worry about it just as long as you are very communicative with your customers and make it clear from the start that this is a one-man project, done on your spare time, but is high on your priority list. If the demand overtakes your ability to produce the items, keeping those in the queue updated regarding their order, when they can expect production and delivery, etc. and I'm sure the community will understand.

- Ice
#4340273 - 02/25/17 02:08 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
Simbo_Sim123 Offline
Simbo_Sim123  Offline

Tonyrefail South Wales
Received mine the other day,well built solid reliable bit of kit.Nothing to break here.
Paul

Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi,
Gwlad beirdd a chantorion, enwogion o fri;
Ei gwrol ryfelwyr, gwladgarwyr tra m�d,
Dros ryddid collasant eu gwaed.
Gwlad, gwlad, pleidiol wyf i'm gwlad.
Tra m�r yn fur i'r bur hoff bau,
O bydded i'r hen iaith barhau.
#4340281 - 02/25/17 03:50 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
Received mine yesterday - well impressed. Solid, stable, works a treat..........and so handy not to need the cable/additional USB to plug in.

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
#4340294 - 02/25/17 05:45 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Yeah.... the downside is that now I'm looking for a wireless headset... curse you UTC!!!
biggrin

- Ice
#4340321 - 02/25/17 09:48 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
Brigstock Offline
Brigstock  Offline

London, England
Me too, was wireless headset for years, then my last headset I bought was wired because I had the NP clip dangling, I couldn't see a reason to go wireless again.
Of course now that has changed.

Looking at Siberia 800 series headests at the moment.

#4340336 - 02/25/17 10:52 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Didn't like the mic on the Siberia 800, been watching a few YT video reviews.... frown

Headset recommendations thread

- Ice
#4340424 - 02/26/17 12:12 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
HAV_ Offline
VGD Devices
HAV_  Offline
VGD Devices

- Ice - stop this voodoo and black magic practice... no cursing UTC here rofl

Thx to all of you for supporting and all those kind words, hope UTC will serve you well.

Also thx for the tip CyBerkut - been there, done that... and double lol at both forums. 2 threads, both deleted rofl

#4340448 - 02/26/17 03:47 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted by HAV_
- Ice - stop this voodoo and black magic practice... no cursing UTC here rofl

It's all YOUR fault for making such a good product!! biggrin

SC and Elite didn't allow you to post there? Interesting, but also disappointing.

- Ice
#4340460 - 02/26/17 04:22 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
HAV_ Offline
VGD Devices
HAV_  Offline
VGD Devices

Yeah, I've had some fun moments at both... ED mods seem to be a bit overprotective with their spam filtering, especially for new comers. No possibility to edit anything so one thread update and, bam, thread deleted biggrin

SC in turn... few minutes after posting a knight on a white horse appeared with his loyal friend Sancho Pansa to protect their forum from 3rd party selling. Few minutes later and all the knights of the round table arrived rofl

#4340463 - 02/26/17 04:29 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Wow, that sucks! I would've thought they'd be more open than that, especially as both games are very reliant on their community. Maybe there's a For Sale thread and you just posted in the wrong section?

- Ice
#4340464 - 02/26/17 04:36 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
HAV_ Offline
VGD Devices
HAV_  Offline
VGD Devices

Searched for that actually, didn't found anything... who cares, seems I'm speechless for their point of view.

#4340477 - 02/26/17 05:48 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
CyBerkut Offline
Administrator
CyBerkut  Offline
Administrator
Hotshot

Florida
That sucks. I know I have seen people selling stuff on Star Citizen's forums... and people in there begging some creative types to sell what they had designed. LocNar's lefty warthog project is a good example.

I don't really read the Elite Dangerous forums, so I don't know about that... but you would think they would have a section for innovator's to sell useful things that enhance game play.

#4340514 - 02/26/17 08:56 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
HAV_ Offline
VGD Devices
HAV_  Offline
VGD Devices

SC seems to be really fun place to post anything... I've also seen some threads there with Edtracker or DelanClip with direct links to buy. So even posting in wrong forum section shouldn't be a big problem.
Instead, suddenly a sh**storm began... so if you didn't know, posting 3rd party stuff with buying info on forum owned by private company is bad, that's what I've been told there biggrin

Both, thread and my account were deleted so it's useless to continue this discussion woot

Last edited by HAV_; 02/26/17 09:15 PM.
#4340519 - 02/26/17 09:18 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: CyBerkut]  
LocNar Offline
LocNar  Offline

Originally Posted by CyBerkut
That sucks. I know I have seen people selling stuff on Star Citizen's forums... and people in there begging some creative types to sell what they had designed. LocNar's lefty warthog project is a good example.

I don't really read the Elite Dangerous forums, so I don't know about that... but you would think they would have a section for innovator's to sell useful things that enhance game play.

Actually cig is really touchy about how you present this, and for that matter the dual Warthog mount thread I post in was not started by me and is not even focused on the grips themselves but rather the mount Krel made for his and how dual sticks are used in to fly in SC in addition to my unfolding 'progress log' I've been documenting there: https://forums.robertsspaceindustri...ual-warthog-mount-design-build-thread/p1

They immediately shut down my Warthog dustshield post that mentioned prices/sales logistics and I do not sell my grips or anything else through their site, so I do not mention prices or anything or any information specific to sales. You can only describe/show pics of your product for purposes of how it relates to Star Citizen, and at best point to an off-site place to get into transaction details or keep them strictly through pm's. http://www.dualsticks.com/dustshields/

Also it's a moot point for SC since there has not been head tracking in it since 2015 and they are so far underwater with engineering debt and legal obligations that the outcome is not as clear as many assume.

I don't know how they deal with pawning goods on the Frontier forum, I've always held off though I'm a long time backer of the ED. I wanted to establish a forum presence because I legit like the game before trying to sell stuff.

edit: tone

Last edited by LocNar; 02/26/17 09:48 PM.
#4340531 - 02/26/17 09:50 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

SC does not have head tracking??? Seriously??

- Ice
#4340538 - 02/26/17 10:22 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: - Ice]  
CyBerkut Offline
Administrator
CyBerkut  Offline
Administrator
Hotshot

Florida
Originally Posted by - Ice

I remember there was an issue with seeing the inside of the helmet when one turned their head, instead of the helmet turning as well to allow the proper view. You'd think they would have fixed that by now... but then, that doesn't provide a selling opportunity like another new ship does.

I've grown pretty disgusted with how CIG has been handling things, so I stopped going to their forums on a regular basis. Today was the first time in a long time, and I didn't read many of the threads that I had bookmarked. I do not know where they currently stand on head tracking, but if LocNar says it isn't in there, I'm sure that is the case.

#4340541 - 02/26/17 10:54 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: CyBerkut]  
LocNar Offline
LocNar  Offline

Originally Posted by CyBerkut

I remember there was an issue with seeing the inside of the helmet when one turned their head, instead of the helmet turning as well to allow the proper view. You'd think they would have fixed that by now... but then, that doesn't provide a selling opportunity like another new ship does.

I've grown pretty disgusted with how CIG has been handling things, so I stopped going to their forums on a regular basis. Today was the first time in a long time, and I didn't read many of the threads that I had bookmarked. I do not know where they currently stand on head tracking, but if LocNar says it isn't in there, I'm sure that is the case.

Heh yeah, I didn't mean it works poorly... although that was the case when it worked at all since it was never officially supported, instead hacked by an employee on his spare time before he left to pursue work in VR since cig made that a moot job position. With the 2.0 patch (Nov 2015?) head tracking was 100% eliminated from the game and no light at the end of this tunnel since it is long since been blocked by a giant pile of whale carcasses and broken dreams smile

#4342048 - 03/04/17 06:22 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
HAV_ Offline
VGD Devices
HAV_  Offline
VGD Devices

[Linked Image]

Today I'd like to share with you the first official review of UTC II, my personal project that started over a year ago...
Few weeks ago, Mike from Sim UK asked me if I'd like to participate in review of TrackIR alternatives that he's preparing.
As for now, there are three competitors: TrackHat, EdTracker and UTC II.
You can see the review of UTC II below, together with two others, have fun biggrin

Last edited by HAV_; 04/13/18 11:00 PM.
#4342057 - 03/04/17 07:23 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Nice one!

"What on earth could be added or improved in version 3?!"

Welcome note - That's a really good idea and I must admit, I loved reading the note on my Witcher 3 box. I don't think there needs to be a "how to setup your kit" part though as anyone getting a UTC probably knows enough about head tracking already. How much instruction does a person need to flick an ON-OFF switch? Asking HAV to cover setting up TrackIR/FreeTrackNoIR/OpenTrack is unfair... but instructions on what settings to enter into FreeTrack/OpenTrack should be included but won't be too lengthy. It works with TrackIR straight out of the box.

On/Off indicator - I told HAV about this, but found that there's no need for this at all. "Whoops, the damn thing isn't on yet!!" You'll know because your in-game view does not respond to your head movement. Reach up, flick the switch, "re-center" your view, and you're in business.

A little word of warning to those who are thinking of buying this darned thing:
I've been using a wired headset for years and years now, never seeing the point of buying a wireless one only to be tethered by my TrackClip Pro anyway. For the past few weeks, I've been reading up reviews on wireless headsets and trying to decide which one to get. I would not be in this awful, awful position if not for the UTC!! Be warned!!
biggrin biggrin biggrin

- Ice
#4342301 - 03/06/17 10:19 AM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: - Ice]  
HAV_ Offline
VGD Devices
HAV_  Offline
VGD Devices

A little word of warning to those who are thinking of buying this darned thing:
I've been using a wired headset for years and years now, never seeing the point of buying a wireless one only to be tethered by my TrackClip Pro anyway. For the past few weeks, I've been reading up reviews on wireless headsets and trying to decide which one to get. I would not be in this awful, awful position if not for the UTC!! Be warned!!
biggrin biggrin biggrin

Well, what to say -Ice... you'll get better this way neaner

#4342370 - 03/06/17 04:45 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted by HAV_
Well, what to say -Ice... you'll get better this way neaner

That is true!! biggrin

I do hope you incorporate that written note suggestion though! It'll be a great personal "thank you" to your customers... coupled with a great product...

- Ice
#4342374 - 03/06/17 04:52 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
HAV_ Offline
VGD Devices
HAV_  Offline
VGD Devices

It's already added to my list.

Last edited by HAV_; 03/06/17 04:54 PM.
#4342388 - 03/06/17 05:26 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Any chance you can come up with a mounting system similar to the TrackClip Pro? Maybe even have the battery and clip together in one unit, with just the LEDs on the "arm"...

- Ice
#4342393 - 03/06/17 05:48 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
HAV_ Offline
VGD Devices
HAV_  Offline
VGD Devices

Mounting system similar to TCP will most likely eliminate the possibility of left/right headphone mounting. Also, as you know TCP can not be mounted on some types of headphones eg. with thin headband.
That was one of the reasons of designing UTC without any mounting system - universality. Without mounting clip you have more possibilities to mount it as you like + it's few g lighter.

#4342408 - 03/06/17 07:17 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

How many people mount this on the right side? If TrackIR forces you to mount it on the left side, how big is the market of non-TrackIR users?

As for headphone mount, the TrackClip Pro can be mounted on thin or thick headbands. I think the only limiting factor is of WIDER headbands.... While I agree with you regarding the "universality" of UTC at the moment, being able to have that mounting option would greatly increas it's appeal IMHO and if you can design something as functional as the "arm" but in a more robust way, I would buy it in an instant. The lack of mounting options of the DelanClip and the like is what made me hold off buying them.

- Ice
#4342448 - 03/06/17 10:39 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: - Ice]  
HAV_ Offline
VGD Devices
HAV_  Offline
VGD Devices

How many people mount this on the right side? If TrackIR forces you to mount it on the left side, how big is the market of non-TrackIR users?

Probably bigger than you can imagine wink
There're many people that find NP prices a 'bit' too high.
As for headphone mount, the TrackClip Pro can be mounted on thin or thick headbands. I think the only limiting factor is of WIDER headbands.... While I agree with you regarding the "universality" of UTC at the moment, being able to have that mounting option would greatly increas it's appeal IMHO and if you can design something as functional as the "arm" but in a more robust way, I would buy it in an instant. The lack of mounting options of the DelanClip and the like is what made me hold off buying them.

You're right, bad choice of words wink
Truly said, I'm hearing an opposite voice more often - it's good I didn't put a mounting clip like in TCP. Seems people don't like it too much... so many men, so many minds... and so many options to mount your UTC rofl Kidding, we'll see in future, maybe I'll find some solution wink

#4342453 - 03/06/17 11:06 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

From trying "other" solutions before, I find the prices of NP cheap!! This is in terms of time and effort spent. I have limited free time and the more I spend on my hobby and less on "tweaking hardware," the better! Plus my TIR 5 has given unfaltering performance for the past 7 years that I've owned it and has worked flawlessly since day 1, so IMHO it's definitely worth the price.

As for the mounting clip version, you can sell it alongside your UTC. So you can have UTC Mk II which is what we have now, then UTC Mk III which has an "arm" like the TrackClip Pro. Win-win!!

- Ice
#4379626 - 09/14/17 04:30 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
HAV_ Offline
VGD Devices
HAV_  Offline
VGD Devices

Time for some update and new photos...
For some time already there's a new version on market - II+
Didn't have to much time lately to post this earlier, so fast forward now - same casing, same electronic but with slightly better and stronger LEDs.

All UTC copies that were prepared lately were equipped with new LEDs, so if you noticed them in your clip - be sure it's UTC II+

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

I was also asked lately to prepare a wired version of UTC. Your ideas are always welcome, so here it is (here with 3m cable, but this can be adjusted). Already added to regular offer.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Last edited by HAV_; 02/03/19 01:49 PM.
#4379643 - 09/14/17 05:32 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Nice work, HAV, but how are we doing with the clip mod? biggrin

- Ice
#4379649 - 09/14/17 06:11 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
HAV_ Offline
VGD Devices
HAV_  Offline
VGD Devices

Emm, which one? biggrin

#4379664 - 09/14/17 06:57 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Clip mod to attach the UTC to the headset without using velcro... like the TrackClip Pro clip assembly.
I'm guessing you forgot our conversation about this.... see my earlier posts...

- Ice
#4379672 - 09/14/17 08:23 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
HAV_ Offline
VGD Devices
HAV_  Offline
VGD Devices

No, I didn't forgot, wasn't sure which one you're reffering to.
Mounting arm is still high at my 'to do' list, together with new UTC version, but recently lack of time isn't helping at all in developing process.

#4396964 - 12/27/17 07:44 AM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
grumble Offline
grumble  Offline

Japan
Just bought one of these... FANTASTIC. Way better than the TrackClip and works perfectly with TrackIR. Highly recommended.

#4457512 - 01/16/19 11:03 AM Re: VGD Devices UTC Mk II+ - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
HAV_ Offline
VGD Devices
HAV_  Offline
VGD Devices

It's been a while since I posted something here, though this doesn't mean project is dead...

Contrary, alive and kicking.
Time for some news and update...

First of all, thanks to all of you for support and given trust in this project, this means a lot to me.
Many things have changed lately, so I decided to twist them even more, do 180 turn and put everything on one card...

From now on, UTC comes under VGD Devices brand, as a flagship product and let's hope, the first of many others.
I've managed to upgrade my workshop lately with a 3d printer and a small CNC in near future.
This should make life easier and speed everything up... I hope.

The unwelcome change...
Due to recent law changes in my country, that hit whole electronic market, UTC prices will need to raise significantly starting from now.
Prices include now VAT 23% and payment commission (Paypal/ bank transfer) like currency conversion etc.

Prices with VAT 23% (without shippment):

UTC II+ Pro - 225 PLN (approx. 60 USD)
UTC II+ (regular) - 200 PLN (approx. 53 USD)
UTC II+ Lite - 190 PLN (approx. 51 USD)
UTC II+ wired - 125 PLN (approx. 33 USD)

contact via PM or vgddevices@gmail.com

Last edited by HAV_; 07/04/19 11:25 PM.
#4471752 - 04/24/19 09:57 PM Re: VGD Devices UTC Mk II+ - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
HAV_ Offline
VGD Devices
HAV_  Offline
VGD Devices

Just to let you know - few new UTC units await for new owners.
Also please note, due to slightly different production method, seam line beetween halves of the casing may now be slightly more visible. Check the pics below.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

For sale:
SOLD - 0x UTC II+ Pro - 225 PLN (approx. 60 USD)/ 1 pcs - SOLD

3x UTC II+ (regular) - 200 PLN (approx. 53 USD)/ 1 pcs

Shipping worldwide, shipping cost not included.

Contact via PM or vgddevices@gmail.com

Last edited by HAV_; 05/06/19 08:49 PM.
#4473216 - 05/06/19 08:52 PM Re: VGD Devices UTC Mk II+ - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
HAV_ Offline
VGD Devices
HAV_  Offline
VGD Devices

I've managed to prepare a few new copies of UTC Pro.
Like to grab one for yourself, please leave me a PM or mail me at vgddevices@gmail.com

Available for sale:
SOLD - 0x UTC II+ Pro - 225 PLN (approx. 60 USD)/ 1 pcs - SOLD
SOLD - 0x UTC II+ (regular) - 200 PLN (approx. 53 USD)/ 1 pcs - SOLD

UTCs are in constant production, meaning if you're interested in other version e.g. Light or wired they can be prepared for you, mostly within a few days.

Last edited by HAV_; 07/01/19 01:38 PM.
#4474691 - 05/19/19 02:18 PM Re: VGD Devices UTC Mk II+ - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
HAV_ Offline
VGD Devices
HAV_  Offline
VGD Devices

Available again for sale:
SOLD - 0x UTC II+ Pro - 225 PLN (approx. 60 USD)/ 1 pcs

If interested, please leave me a PM or mail me at vgddevices@gmail.com

Last edited by HAV_; 07/01/19 01:39 PM.
#4480883 - 07/01/19 01:39 PM Re: VGD Devices UTC Mk II+ - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
HAV_ Offline
VGD Devices
HAV_  Offline
VGD Devices

Slightly refreshed info including new photos available in first post.

Also several new copies are available for you. Waits only for a battery placement, suitable for your needs.

Contact via email: vgddevices@gmail.com or PM, here on forum.

#4499876 - 12/10/19 09:53 PM Re: UTC Mk II - professional wireless TrackClip Pro alternative [Re: HAV_]  
HAV_ Offline
VGD Devices
HAV_  Offline
VGD Devices

Another review, courtesy of Particular Pixels.
This time it's a comparison between direct face tracking and with the usage of tracking clips, so might be useful especially for people who start their adventure with head tracking.
Also, a direct comparison between UTC II+ and Delanclip Fusion.

[Linked Image]

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.