I have an interesting observation or two. I just flew my first WOFF UE Mission ever... finally (1st day order here, too...) I did a Quick Scenario involving combat. Now I have my screen handle for a reason - I can't fly for diddly-do and you may as well just shoot me! Just no time to get much practice, I'm afraid.
So I took the QS where 3 Gothas with 4 covering fighters attack our airfield. I wanted my brother-in-law to see the Gothas. My observations:
1. I can't fly.
2. If I kinda figure out how to fly, I can't shoot! Though to be honest, twice a Gotha disappeared, and I never saw where it went. I was by myself, I had to break off because he was shredding me, and when I wheeled back around one of the three was gone. No signs of distress, no smoke, no indication whatsoever that any of my bullets found their mark. This is not a complaint. This is amazing, this is the way it was I'm sure.
3. For some reason, at the start of the scenario, I'm all by myself - 4 of my buddies are off my right wing a good ways, and they get pounced by the Hun escorts. So I go after the Gothas! (The one time I tried to join them I took a dirt nap almost instantly!)
4. I can't fly, and I can't shoot!
5. Gotha gunners CAN shoot!6. The sky, the sun, the clouds, the ground, the shadows, the atmospheric haze... Simply amazing. Every time I say it, OBD makes it better - There is no other sim I've ever had that gives me this much of a feeling of actually being in the air.
7. Maybe I can't fly, and I can't shoot, but I CAN glide - I managed to get my Pup back on the ground with the engine dead after the Gothas put a hole in my fuel tank (twice). Fortunately in that scenario the airfield is handy so I didn't have to worry about the infamous fences!
OBD, what a job you've done!
Oh, and Blackard, I'd love to see that screen shot. Went looking for it and couldn't find it. is it on the screenshot thread for WOFF UE?