Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4329062 - 01/17/17 01:59 PM A lot has changed and I need some help  
JG19_Leaf Offline
JG19_Leaf  Offline

UK
Hello everyone,

Hope you are all well. I'm new to the forum, but I'm glad OFF is still very much alive!

A little about me: I first bought and flew OFF Phase 3 when I was 12, and it gave me some of the happiest memories I have when it comes to gaming. Frustrating though it was at times, I learned to love it.
Over time I then switched to Rise of Flight, took a hiatus and have been flying IL2 Battle of Stalingrad the last three years.
I'm now a student, and recently remembered that amazing theme that OFF had. In a spark of nostalgia and happy memories I tried installing OFF Phase 3 again and was met with the game crashing.

So here's where I need your help:

a.) I keep getting an error message when I try to start any mission saying I need to insert my CFS3 CD (which I have), that stops me from actually flying again. Tried running CFS3 in compatibility mode, but that didn't work either. Any ideas on how to rectify it? Running Windows 10 on a mid to high-end rig.

b.) Help me understand what's happened to OFF in the last 8 years or so. Has all support for the original Phases been dropped?

c.) What is the current state of Wings over Flanders Fields? Considering I loved Phase 3, is it worth the investement? And how is it different?

All the best,
Leaf

Last edited by JG19_Leaf; 01/17/17 02:00 PM.
#4329084 - 01/17/17 02:59 PM Re: A lot has changed and I need some help [Re: JG19_Leaf]  
Hellshade Offline
Hellshade
Hellshade  Offline
Hellshade

Florida
Welcome back JG!

A LOT has changed in the last 8 years. Far too much for anyone to put in a post without becoming a word wall that rivals the Great Wall of China. You can read some of the details here:

http://wingsoverflandersfields.com/products.html

This would be the perfect time to upgrade to Wings Over Flanders Fields Ultimate Edition. It's currently on sale and includes everything that was in WOFF 1, 2, 3 and all of the Add-ons PLUS 2 new aircraft and tons of graphics, performance improvements and other feature improvements.

The best at SP campaigning has only gotten better with age.

Check out the Gallery!

http://wingsoverflandersfields.com/gallery.html

Last edited by Hellshade; 01/17/17 03:00 PM.

Flying Wings Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven & Hell II
videos at www.youtube.com/hellshade68

#4329085 - 01/17/17 03:00 PM Re: A lot has changed and I need some help [Re: JG19_Leaf]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Hi JG19_Leaf welcome mate.

Point A: sorry cannot help there..I'm still on Win 7,but that leads to point B.

Point B: Yes I believe that all support for OFF p3 has been dropped,OBD are only a small team and to support OFF and WOFF would possibly be to much to handle.

Point C: Wow..if you've never flown WOFF from even v1 your in for a pleasant surprise.
WOFF is miles and miles ahead of OFF P3 ( I flew a lot of P3 with HITR) ..worth the investment ? I'd say absolutely 100% without any shadow of a doubt. You've probably come in at the right time mate..WOFF UE now has WOFF v1,2+3 it has all the currant addons,it's got a brilliant modding scene behind it and of course..OBD,S second to none support..it's different in every way to OFF,it has full landing patterns for every craft ( remember how your wingmen etc used to just fly away instead of landing in OFF? )

Lit airfields( drums ) for dawn/dusk/ night time missions...80 yes 80 flyable craft,full shadows with Ankors incredible shaders. A massive amount of skins for aircraft,the best A.I in any flight sim I've ever played...I could go on and on there,s absolutely loads of new content compared to OFF,watch some vids pal and read all the features that WOFF UE has. I loved OFF P3,I didn't think it'd ever be topped,WOFF UE smashes it in every way. I think there's a 25% discount on still,buy it pal,you won't be disappointed cheers

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
#4329251 - 01/18/17 12:45 AM Re: A lot has changed and I need some help [Re: JG19_Leaf]  
JG19_Leaf Offline
JG19_Leaf  Offline

UK
Ah you guys suck, now you've made me seriously consider buying it haha!

Student budgets are a bitc- though, so I'm now torn between waiting for the release of the Normandy Map for DCS or this. Tough decisions.

Thanks so much for clarifying anyway, I'll peruse the forums and check out your links!

Leaf

EDIT: Just purchased it. I'm in the middle of exams, so this is probably the worst time but I can't help myself haha.

Last edited by JG19_Leaf; 01/18/17 12:58 AM.
#4329270 - 01/18/17 02:36 AM Re: A lot has changed and I need some help [Re: JG19_Leaf]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Haha resistance is futile Leaf biggrin

I know how tight money can be especially just after Christmas an that (ive got a 11 an 13yr old that take any spare cash haha) but you,ve just got yourself the finest singleplayer sim around.

The A.I alone is worth it,their behaviour at times is almost lifelike.
Dont forget to download the free skinpack and Matt Milnes incredible soundtrack both situated on the main page.

Welcome to the forums mate,i hope we see a lot more of you.
Happy hunting thumbsup

Ps..there,s loads of brilliant mods for WOFF UE but this one by AnKor is essential IMO http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4322382/Cockpit_G-Force_Effects_-_Beta#Post4322382

It really does add to the immersion of this great sim

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Good F-35 Podcast
by RossUK. 04/08/24 09:02 AM
Gleda Estes
by Tarnsman. 04/06/24 06:22 PM
Food Safety and Bad Roommates
by KRT_Bong. 04/04/24 02:16 AM