Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4328365 - 01/13/17 06:18 PM Claims on easy rejected due to lack of corroboration??  
ricnunes Offline
ricnunes  Offline

Portugal
I'm playing a WOFF UE career with the RNAS-8 with the Claims option set to "easy" because I read that the claims when set to easy will always be confirmed (although the player must fill the claim form) and this is how I want to play WOFF UE.

But I just played a mission where I shot down an Albatros DII, this claim appeared on the debriefing screen and the claim form spawned to me where I fill it with the Albatros DII and with "No Witness" (there were no friendly pilots around, at least that I was aware) and to my surprise and shock this claim was REJECTED! eek

So my point is, this shouldn't have happened, should it?

I also have an another question:
- Can I revert my rejected claim (by editing files for example) to confirmed? If yes, how?

Thanks in advance for replies.

#4328457 - 01/14/17 11:19 AM Re: Claims on easy rejected due to lack of corroboration?? [Re: ricnunes]  
ricnunes Offline
ricnunes  Offline

Portugal
Just to complement my previous post, this is a small sample but so far but I observed the following (always with claims set on easy):

1- Like mentioned in the previous post, I made a claim of an Albatros DII with NO witness which was rejected.
2- In a later mission with the same pilot I made a claim of a Roland CII and a Fokker DII but this time I selected a witness (the solo pilot flying in flight A - I was flying solo in flight B) and both were accepted.
3- While flying with another pilot (from 88th Aero if I'm not mistaken, USA) I shot down and claimed an enemy Fokker DVII which I claimed and as such I selected my wingman as the witness which if I'm not mistaken at the time when I shot down the enemy airplane, was already shot down.

It's probably a bit soon to draw any conclusions but so far it seems that the Claims on "easy" (which should always confirm your the claims that actually happened) will only confirm your claims when there's a witness and reject when "no witness" is selected. Can someone else confirm this?

#4328475 - 01/14/17 02:31 PM Re: Claims on easy rejected due to lack of corroboration?? [Re: ricnunes]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

No witness... er so no one will believe you. NO victory.

The rest, er I have lost the will to live..
I'd say play on easiest or normal if it doesn't work as you wish.

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com
#4328497 - 01/14/17 03:50 PM Re: Claims on easy rejected due to lack of corroboration?? [Re: Polovski]  
ricnunes Offline
ricnunes  Offline

Portugal
Originally Posted By: Polovski
No witness... er so no one will believe you. NO victory.

The rest, er I have lost the will to live..
I'd say play on easiest or normal if it doesn't work as you wish.

Like I previously said, I'm playing with the claim set to "easy" which is the second (or middle) setting of the claim system and being the other two, "normal" which is the hardest and this one requires the players to fill in detailed claim forms which includes a witness and a detailed report in order to have a claim confirmed and on the lower end you have "easiest" and here while your kills are always accepted and you don't need to fill in any claim form, however all enemies that you kill appear as "unknown" on the pilot's log book - This is an in-game feature since this information was reported back to me thru direct contact with your costumer support (after an issue also with the claim system that I reported and which was fixed in the latest patch).

Therefore I choose "easy" claims. Don't get me wrong, I like how the claim system works on "easy".
However by looking at the workshops screen and especially when putting the mouse point above the "easy" option on the claims group, I can read the following tag:

"Claims are on and are always accepted"

Which let me to believe that when the claims are set to "easy" (which is the claim setting what I'm playing with) that the claims that correspond to actual kill are always accepted - For example you don't have to make any report about the kill/claim therefore so I also though that the player also shouldn't need to indicate a witness. Now the main point of my initial post (and thread) was basically to ask:
1- Is this a bug/issue? Again, I asked this based on the tag related to the "easy" claim setting.
Or,
2- Is this an intended feature?

So I guess that with your reply the answer to my question is 2-, is this correct? And if this is correct, how can I get a claim confirmed if I kill someone on a "Lone Wolf" mission while having the claims set to "easy"?
Thanks again in advance for any replies...

#4328524 - 01/14/17 06:00 PM Re: Claims on easy rejected due to lack of corroboration?? [Re: ricnunes]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

It works the way it works, I don't know if it's a bug without time spent investigating. It probably won't be looked at at this stage it's been like that for quite a long time and no one has reported it so it can't be a massively used feature!

Did you try typing something in the witness box?

Regards,

Polovski,
#4328704 - 01/15/17 04:20 PM Re: Claims on easy rejected due to lack of corroboration?? [Re: Polovski]  
ricnunes Offline
ricnunes  Offline

Portugal

Did you try typing something in the witness box?

Nope. I just selected the option "No witness" or one of the pilots names from the list.

#4328787 - 01/16/17 01:29 AM Re: Claims on easy rejected due to lack of corroboration?? [Re: ricnunes]  
BirdDogICT Offline
BirdDogICT  Offline

The inherent unfairness of claims in real life WWI (and duplicated in WOFF) has been a discussed many times. Maybe this will help you in filing a claim next time you fly:

http://SimHQ.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4136032/1/%22How-To%22_fill_out_a_

There are no accidents and no fatal flaws in the machines; there are only pilots with the wrong stuff.

— Tom Wolfe, The Right Stuff,1979.
#4328833 - 01/16/17 10:55 AM Re: Claims on easy rejected due to lack of corroboration?? [Re: ricnunes]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

The tooltip is wrong, the code is correct now, no witness no claim. Tough.
If you really want all your kills, you can add a witness do so, maybe he was on the ground viewing.

Last edited by Polovski; 01/16/17 10:56 AM.

Regards,

Polovski,
#4328836 - 01/16/17 11:30 AM Re: Claims on easy rejected due to lack of corroboration?? [Re: BirdDogICT]  
ricnunes Offline
ricnunes  Offline

Portugal
Originally Posted By: BirdDogICT
The inherent unfairness of claims in real life WWI (and duplicated in WOFF) has been a discussed many times. Maybe this will help you in filing a claim next time you fly:

http://SimHQ.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4136032/1/%22How-To%22_fill_out_a_

Again, I'm talking about the claim system being set to "easy" and not in "normal". In "normal" you have to fill in a throughout report to have your claims accepted. In "easy" you don't need this.

#4328837 - 01/16/17 11:30 AM Re: Claims on easy rejected due to lack of corroboration?? [Re: Polovski]  
ricnunes Offline
ricnunes  Offline

Portugal
The tooltip is wrong, the code is correct now, no witness no claim. Tough.
If you really want all your kills, you can add a witness do so, maybe he was on the ground viewing.

Ok, thanks for the heads up.

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.