Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4327094 - 01/09/17 07:10 AM Questions (claims, home base, commands)  
Palajan Offline
Palajan  Offline

Switzerland
Hello all,

some more noobie questions after my first campaign proceeds.

a) Yesterday, i was on a balloon busting mission with my flight (4 machines).
I shot down the designated target balloon, then i "cruised" north and shot down 2 other observer balloons.
My whole flight was with me all the time in close formation and of course witnessed this effort (i dont think they were playing with their smartphones in the cockpits while i did all the work...)
Back to base, i claimed the 3 balloons, but they were refused because no witness could approve that.
Why is that so? How can i guess kill has been witnessed, when in this situation (the whole flight was in formation while the balloons were going down in flames, i was the only one firing!) i dont get a claim?

b) How can i order my wingmen to attack a balloon?

c) Home Base: in several missions now i experienced after a dogfight, the Autopilot brings the flight to another home base, without any damages or other problems. In my last mission, same happened but i then flew manually back to my real home base. No difference. So can i land everywhere? When i give order RTB, sometimes the wingmen stay with me, sometimes they are on course to another base.

And: Yesterday i lost 1 Wingman on the way to the first waypoint due to technical problems. Suddenly he was going down and crased. I was really sad about this virtual loss. The immersion is really great.

Regards,
Jan

Win 11 PC | 7800 X3D | 64 GB DDR5 | RTX 3080Ti | LG 42 C2
Cockpit ;-) | TrackIR 5 | Virpil Alpha + CM3 Throttle + Control Panel | TM TPA Rudder
#4327130 - 01/09/17 11:56 AM Re: Questions (claims, home base, commands) [Re: Palajan]  
Deacon211 Offline
Deacon211  Offline

Louisville, KY
Hey Palajan,

Let me see if I can help you...at least until someone smarter comes along.

a. The claims system tries to abstract the challenge of confirming claims in war. It often does a fairly good job of matching your witness to your claim and calculates in a whole bunch of "secret sauce" factors that the devs keep to themselves lest it ruin the magic.

However, there are those occasions where you drop an enemy airplane into the CO's tea and biscuits and you still don't get credit. Call it, losing your paperwork up at Division, call it your wingmen all looking away at the wrong moment. It's just a WOFF ghost in the machine that simulates the uncertainly of war.

b. Generally, it seems that your wingmen will attack the mission balloon without orders. As to balloons of opportunity, I think you will find it by cycling your TAC display to one of the Ground Unit filters, selecting the balloon and then ordering the attack.

c. Often, your autopilot will select the nearest airfield with orders to "Climb away" or "Descend and run" when it encounters an enemy force that it considers superior. You will see these beneath your TAC display if you are the flight lead or if you are considered solo. This is based I think on several factors including the rating of your squadron (i.e. Elite, Poor, etc). Functionally, I don't think it matters where you land and, in real life, you would certainly divert to the nearest airfield (and sometimes a plain old field) if you have suffered a significant amount of damage or are running low on fuel.

#4327132 - 01/09/17 12:03 PM Re: Questions (claims, home base, commands) [Re: Palajan]  
JJJ65 Offline
JJJ65  Offline

Czech Rep.
Originally Posted By: Palajan
Hello all,

some more noobie questions after my first campaign proceeds.

a) Yesterday, i was on a balloon busting mission with my flight (4 machines).
I shot down the designated target balloon, then i "cruised" north and shot down 2 other observer balloons.
My whole flight was with me all the time in close formation and of course witnessed this effort (i dont think they were playing with their smartphones in the cockpits while i did all the work...)
Back to base, i claimed the 3 balloons, but they were refused because no witness could approve that.
Why is that so? How can i guess kill has been witnessed, when in this situation (the whole flight was in formation while the balloons were going down in flames, i was the only one firing!) i dont get a claim?

Please note the following:
Quote:
Fixes WOFF Ultimate 'Champagne' Edition

4 January 2017
Version 4.12 4241

1) Fixed a bug in Easy Claims mode whereby excess claims to actual craft shot down would be approved - note if an excessive claim is now made you will not be awarded anything!

Plus add a WOFF persistent bug, where assigned balloon shot down by you as a leader is not count, and you get the result - all claims rejected.

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM