Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#4325020 - 01/01/17 02:38 AM Re: Rousey obliterated in her comeback fight. [Re: Ajay]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Well put Teddy. Ronda fell really hard with her loss against Holms and even mentioned suicide. Getting back into the ring isn't any small feat.

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4325028 - 01/01/17 03:10 AM Re: Rousey obliterated in her comeback fight. [Re: Ajay]  
Tirak Offline
Tirak  Offline

I was reading a little about this fight and the consensus a lot of people were having wasn't so much that Rousey is outclassed, but rather that her trainer is very poor. Rousey is apparently a world class Judoka, and when you look at a long line of her victories, they come primarily for her being able to use that to her advantage. Her trainer however is a boxing coach, and apparently not a very good one at that. All the other fighters he trained did not do well in their careers, and as of now he's currently only training Rousey and her boyfriend. It's clear that Rousey was not prepared for the sort of stand up fight that she found herself in, and had no game plan to get in close, where her Judo skills could come into play. With almost a year to prepare for this fight, her striking and stand up work was clearly not improved upon in any significant way, and her tactics were amateurish at best.

Her coach clearly didn't prepare her for what she was going to face, and from what I've been told, his advice during most of her matches is simply that she's doing great, rather than breaking down how their opponent is fighting and giving advice on how to change up strategy. I think Rousey would do much better in the hands of an actual skilled coach, she clearly has the skills necessary to do very well, she just needs refinement from someone who can help her make the most of her abilities. Her loyalty to the coach that she originally started with, who is now clearly outside of his depth, while understandable, is holding her back, and led to this humiliating loss.

#4325047 - 01/01/17 05:58 AM Re: Rousey obliterated in her comeback fight. [Re: Ajay]  
Crane Hunter Offline
Veteran
Crane Hunter  Offline
Veteran

Master Meme-er
Perhaps if she'd started training her standup with someone competent years ago, but at close to 30 years old it's far too late for her to gain a real skillset.

That's especially the case when she clearly has no natural aptitude for it.

rolleyes rolleyes screwy

#4325059 - 01/01/17 08:00 AM Re: Rousey obliterated in her comeback fight. [Re: Wolfstriked]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
Originally Posted By: Wolfstriked
I hope a girl kicks your ass so you know how tough they can actually be!

I'm not sure who that's aimed at, but I'll take a stab at it.

Women are incredibly tough.

So are men.

I dislike MMA stuff for both sexes - reminds me too much of brawls that went wrong that I, er, a friend of mine were too often a participant.

Seeing one person sit on the chest of another and punching them in the face repeatedly doesn't appeal to my sense of sport. And bare knuckle fighting invariably winds up that way.

The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

More dumb stuff at http://www.darts-page.com

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
#4325070 - 01/01/17 10:15 AM Re: Rousey obliterated in her comeback fight. [Re: Ajay]  
W-Molders Offline
W-Molders  Offline

I.E. Commiefornia ..S.B Count...
movies??? wtf??? I would make HER pay ME to go see them...

[Signature deleted]
#4325123 - 01/01/17 04:38 PM Re: Rousey obliterated in her comeback fight. [Re: Ajay]  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada
She'll be a huge draw in the WWE.

#4325284 - 01/02/17 02:07 PM Re: Rousey obliterated in her comeback fight. [Re: Ajay]  
KRT_Bong Offline
It's KRT not Kurt
KRT_Bong  Offline
It's KRT not Kurt

Sarasota, Florida
The trouble with Mixed Martial Arts is that there is barely any Martial Arts, it's just a slugfest. If they stuck to form and used real techniques then it wouldn't be the ugly beat-down that occurred in this match. And truthfully Judo is a grappling form, you cant use it unless you have a hold of your opponent. If that is her skill set then she needs to learn some Kung Fu or Jiu Jitstu.

Windows 10 Pro
Gigabyte 970A DS3P FX
AMD FX6300 Vishera 3.5 Ghz
ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 970 Overclocked 4 GB DDR5
16Gb Patriot Viper 3 RAM DDR3 1866Mhz
Onikuma Gaming Headset (has annoying blue lights I don't use)
#4325295 - 01/02/17 02:39 PM Re: Rousey obliterated in her comeback fight. [Re: Tirak]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Originally Posted By: Tirak
I was reading a little about this fight and the consensus a lot of people were having wasn't so much that Rousey is outclassed, but rather that her trainer is very poor. Rousey is apparently a world class Judoka, and when you look at a long line of her victories, they come primarily for her being able to use that to her advantage. Her trainer however is a boxing coach, and apparently not a very good one at that. All the other fighters he trained did not do well in their careers, and as of now he's currently only training Rousey and her boyfriend. It's clear that Rousey was not prepared for the sort of stand up fight that she found herself in, and had no game plan to get in close, where her Judo skills could come into play. With almost a year to prepare for this fight, her striking and stand up work was clearly not improved upon in any significant way, and her tactics were amateurish at best.

Her coach clearly didn't prepare her for what she was going to face, and from what I've been told, his advice during most of her matches is simply that she's doing great, rather than breaking down how their opponent is fighting and giving advice on how to change up strategy. I think Rousey would do much better in the hands of an actual skilled coach, she clearly has the skills necessary to do very well, she just needs refinement from someone who can help her make the most of her abilities. Her loyalty to the coach that she originally started with, who is now clearly outside of his depth, while understandable, is holding her back, and led to this humiliating loss.

There's a vid of the Rousey/Nunes fight with the audio of Rouseys coach only. Interesting to listen to. Immediately after the fight when you see Nunes put her finger to her mouth and walk towards the net, she is looking straight at Rondas coach. Shhhhh! Like you said, the coach has been talked about a lot since her last loss. The thing that surprised me was that Ronda went toe to toe again when take downs are her thing, doesn't make sense. Nunes hammered the guts out Miesha Tate as well, totally wrecked her in exactly the same fashion. She is quick with her hands and puts in combos..but has been beaten a few times. Should be interesting to see who will knock her off her perch smile

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#4325296 - 01/02/17 02:40 PM Re: Rousey obliterated in her comeback fight. [Re: W-Molders]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Originally Posted By: W-Molders
movies??? wtf??? I would make HER pay ME to go see them...

Both her movies were cancelled after her first loss smile

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#4325302 - 01/02/17 02:49 PM Re: Rousey obliterated in her comeback fight. [Re: Ajay]  
Meatsheild Offline
Arma3 guy!
Meatsheild  Offline
Arma3 guy!

Peoples Republic of Yorkshire
you guys are forgetting one thing .. about $3 million for less than a minutes work .. yea i'd take a beating for that!!

SimHQ Arma3 sessions, weekly semi-serious co-op action for all ages and skills! check the forum sticky for more info!

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3732626/SimHQ_Arma3_Sessions,_who,_wha#Post3732626

All spelling errors are included free of charge and courtesy of a broken spell checker!
#4325333 - 01/02/17 05:21 PM Re: Rousey obliterated in her comeback fight. [Re: Ajay]  
Tarnsman Offline
Hotshot
Tarnsman  Offline
Hotshot

USA
Just watched the "fight".

IMHO -- Somebody should be arrested, I'm not sure who, but "Rhonda Rousey" is a complete fraud.
You could have pulled anybody off the street that night to get their arse kicked that bad.

The "Rhonda Rousey" phenomenon is a big fraud and just a vehicle to get somebody paid.
Disgraceful.

Thank you Amanda Nunes to finally put an end to this BS.

#4325347 - 01/02/17 06:18 PM Re: Rousey obliterated in her comeback fight. [Re: KRT_Bong]  
Crane Hunter Offline
Veteran
Crane Hunter  Offline
Veteran

Master Meme-er
Originally Posted By: KRT_Bong
The trouble with Mixed Martial Arts is that there is barely any Martial Arts, it's just a slugfest. If they stuck to form and used real techniques then it wouldn't be the ugly beat-down that occurred in this match. And truthfully Judo is a grappling form, you cant use it unless you have a hold of your opponent. If that is her skill set then she needs to learn some Kung Fu or Jiu Jitstu.

If by "martials arts" you mean stylistic and aesthetically pure like a choreographed demonstration, about the only way to do that would be to more or less go the Sports Entertainment route.

#4325410 - 01/02/17 11:27 PM Re: Rousey obliterated in her comeback fight. [Re: Ajay]  
oldgrognard Online content
Administrator
oldgrognard  Online Content
Administrator
Lifer

USA

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Someday your life will flash in front of your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
#4325605 - 01/03/17 06:40 PM Re: Rousey obliterated in her comeback fight. [Re: Tarnsman]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
Originally Posted By: Tarnsman
Just watched the "fight".

IMHO -- Somebody should be arrested, I'm not sure who, but "Rhonda Rousey" is a complete fraud.
You could have pulled anybody off the street that night to get their arse kicked that bad.

The "Rhonda Rousey" phenomenon is a big fraud and just a vehicle to get somebody paid.
Disgraceful.

Thank you Amanda Nunes to finally put an end to this BS.

As a boxer, yes. But MMA isn't just about boxing. She did win what, a dozen plus consecutive fights first, fights that played to her strengths?

That's like saying because a Sidewinder will take down a P-51 in seconds without mercy that the P-51 wasn't a great fighter in WWII, it's a complete fraud and a joke and was worthless.

Nunes forced Rousey to fight HER way instead of Rousey's way. THAT is why she won. She spent a long time training to fight Rousey, and she and her trainer worked out how to beat her.
Rousey had a yes-man for a trainer who thought all she needed was confidence and the fighting would take care of itself...she didn't give training to fight Nunes more than lip service. THAT is why she lost.

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#4325686 - 01/03/17 09:56 PM Re: Rousey obliterated in her comeback fight. [Re: Ajay]  
Tarnsman Offline
Hotshot
Tarnsman  Offline
Hotshot

USA
Quote:
That's like saying because a Sidewinder will take down a P-51 in seconds without mercy that the P-51 wasn't a great fighter in WWII, it's a complete fraud and a joke and was worthless.

That might make sense if Martina Hingis found herself in an MMA ring; Rhonda Rousey is supposed to be a top line MMA fighter. Frankly Martina Hingis might have put up a better fight. Rousey was on the defensive (if you can call it that) within 15 seconds, and practically running scared in 30. She was completely outclassed. It was'nt even a fight it was an unmasking.

In the last year or so Rousey has lasted about 3 minutes total before getting knocked out twice. In the mean time Rhonda Rousey Inc. has earned how many millions for herself, her management team MMA and god knows who else. I'm not a MMA fan so this is just my opinion, but as far as the "Rhonda Rousey" phenomenon -- I call BS. I think she has been built up purposefully with inside knowledge that she was way above her head, to make big money for the MMA business.

But what the heck, that's the fight game.

#4325707 - 01/03/17 11:41 PM Re: Rousey obliterated in her comeback fight. [Re: Ajay]  
Crane Hunter Offline
Veteran
Crane Hunter  Offline
Veteran

Master Meme-er
You can hardly expect someone with only 5 years of striking experience like Rousey to outstrike someone who's trained since early childhood like Nunes, but at the very least Rousey should have learned enough by now to at least be able to cover up enough to get inside and do stuff she's good at.

As is, her standup skills looks resemble those of Zoe from the salon who's taking boxercise classes.

#4326341 - 01/06/17 01:48 AM Re: Rousey obliterated in her comeback fight. [Re: Ajay]  
JoeyJoJo Offline
Wurkin' man
JoeyJoJo  Offline
Wurkin' man
Hotshot

Colorado high-country
She is a victim of the hype, plain and simple. The UFC saw a great opportunity to promote her as one of the best fighters in MMA, so they used her to do just that.

Is she a bad fighter? No.
Is she the best fighter? No.
Did the UFC/Rhonda make tens of millions of dollars during her career? Absolutely.

It seemed like she didn't have a game plan going into this fight at all. She has won several fights by KO/TKO, but most have been by submission. She tried to go toe-to-toe instead of taking it to the ground. IDK if it was her coach's call, or if she thought she could stand and fight; but obviously it was the wrong decision.

At least some of the "armchair quarterbacking" going around is good for a laugh "I don't watch MMA/UFC, but she's the worst fighter ever..." 12 wins 2 losses in her career, all but three wins were within the first minute; and people are saying she's a bad fighter? Hilarious!

Last edited by JoeyJoJo; 01/06/17 02:37 AM.
#4326503 - 01/06/17 09:58 PM Re: Rousey obliterated in her comeback fight. [Re: Ajay]  
Sturmtiger Offline
Sturmtiger  Offline

USA
I have never seen her ground game, but evidently it is pretty good.

What she showed in this fight was that she had no boxing skills whatsoever.

Which is really strange because her trainer is supposed to be a boxing trainer.

It might be that she is one dimensional fighter and away from her ground game that is it.

There are plenty of boxers who would be lost in an MMA ring.

Nunes did not look like a good stand up boxer/fighter.

She would have gotten her butt handed to her by someone who knew what they were doing.

She telegraphed her punches and they were all wild wide hooks and overhand rights.

If Rousey had step into her (like you are trained to in boxing) she could have at least tied her up and possibly made her fight her battle.

Rousey's backing away was what allowed Nunes to just pummel her. Rousey had no side to side movement or anything.

She got tagged and just went backwards.

#4326522 - 01/06/17 11:30 PM Re: Rousey obliterated in her comeback fight. [Re: Ajay]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
As usual, being good looking probably has something to do with it. Hot woman? Promote her above her station. Not Rousey's fault, use them for all you can.
The problem is that the exceptional people (athletes, singers, actors etc) that aren't photogenic remain on their own. In this case, Nunes beat the
crowd favorite twice, resoundingly. Will she get the promotion Rousey did for being good and good looking? Probably not. That's what sucks. This woman
has to work twice as hard to get half as far because despite her talent she doesn't have a face to sell products. No Go Daddy commercials for her.

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
#4326537 - 01/07/17 12:39 AM Re: Rousey obliterated in her comeback fight. [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
wheelsup_cavu Offline
Lifer
wheelsup_cavu  Offline
Lifer

Corona, California
I never found Ronda all that attractive.

Wheels

Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.