Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4319162 - 12/12/16 11:42 AM A DayZ kind of related question...  
Chucky Offline
Veteran
Chucky  Offline
Veteran

UK
Any of you guys playing 'Miscreated'? http://store.steampowered.com/app/299740/

I picked it up in the Steam sale because I fancied trying out that style of game but so far (6 hours in) I've learnt a few things. I have become very familiar with KOS. Approaching another player with your hands up is no guarantee they won't just kill you there and then.

I really want to role-play but others are ruining it (yeah,welcome to MP).In one interaction a guy approached me with his gun drawn and asked me to drop all my stuff on the floor and go and stand in a nearby building.He told me what he was going to do and after he had taken what he wanted said I could come out and carry on. I'm fine with that.

Now I want to avoid everyone where possible which I suppose you might do in a real situation like that. So,any tips from DayZ players? I'm a lone wolf so teaming up isn't likely to happen.

I had to buy a headset with mic for this game after a player I encountered said 'you don't have a mic,this is the 21st century bro'. Hopefully,this will help lessen the KOS incidents.

Maybe I should also ask,what's the state of play with DayZ at the moment? There seems to be a lot of negativity on Steam over it.

EV's are the Devils matchbox.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4319211 - 12/12/16 02:11 PM Re: A DayZ kind of related question... [Re: Chucky]  
Sluggish Controls Offline
Sluggish Controls  Offline

Hong Kong
Haven't tried "Miscreated" , but played quite a bit of DayZ, primarily as a non-aggressive lone wolf.
A proper mic really helps with encounters, but I generally never trust anyone.

Drop your fav can opener in a safe spot before making contact, that's the best advice I can think of. If all goes fubar, you can always retrieve it.
Oh, and if your encounter is well-geared and sounds young-ish, stay away. 12 yrs old are brutal biggrin

Nothing much happening right now, but 0.61 will bring sweet stuff and more broken mechanics.

Cheers,
Slug

"Major Burns isn't saying much of anything, Sir. I think he's formulating the answer..." - Radar - M*A*S*H
#4319638 - 12/13/16 11:02 PM Re: A DayZ kind of related question... [Re: Chucky]  
Chucky Offline
Veteran
Chucky  Offline
Veteran

UK
Well I'm slowly learning to hate this style of game. 2-3 hours of collecting ended in an instant because of some a-hole banghead

#4319877 - 12/14/16 09:13 PM Re: A DayZ kind of related question... [Re: Chucky]  
SkateZilla Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
SkateZilla  Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran

Virginia Beach, VA
havent tounched DayZ in months because people were sniping newly spawned people, and low pop server had next to no loot.

HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro,
Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133,
2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
#4319884 - 12/14/16 09:36 PM Re: A DayZ kind of related question... [Re: Chucky]  
Chucky Offline
Veteran
Chucky  Offline
Veteran

UK
It's a real shame.These griefers don't seem to realise that making the game inaccessible to new players means a smaller player base which could affect the game's future overall.

So far in Miscreated,other players are a far far bigger problem than the zombies,or whatever they are. DayZ looks even worse.

#4320076 - 12/15/16 05:06 PM Re: A DayZ kind of related question... [Re: Chucky]  
Sokol1 Offline
Sokol1  Offline

Internet
Chuck you try ARMA3 Wasteland?

Has some of of this "survival zombies games" mechanics - but wihout this zombie BS - like loot, need of water and food... but is foccused in PVP over all Altis map (~200Km square) that spawn AI missions over time, this missions give better weapons or money.

You spawn with a pistol or peashooter 5.56 rifle and one magazine, so need money for buy better weapons vehicles, then need loot cars in towns or someone. KOS is mandatory. smile

You careful fight AI (typical a 10 man squad) and when go get the loot, someone hidden near
attack

Or you withdrawn some money from ATC and goes for weapons or vehicles shop (heli and fighters cost a lot of money) and is killed negotiating with the seller. smile

If you don't take a fatal shoot, start blending and can be saved for medics of your side (rare to happen if you are not part of team), so the bad guy that hit you will use their medkit in you... just for shoot you again and repeat this until you die for get your loot. Some servers don't need this, has a script for "cut throat" - without animation. smile Cruel. smile

But fright and depressive is when you are in your nice an costly armored vehicle and suddenly is involved with explosions and hear the "Brrrrrrrrrrrrt" of these pesky A-164, most of times you don't hear or see then before.

#4320429 - 12/16/16 04:34 PM Re: A DayZ kind of related question... [Re: Chucky]  
Chucky Offline
Veteran
Chucky  Offline
Veteran

UK
I have ARMA 3 but got totally confused trying to add mods etc. I have never been a fan of the ARMA UI either and is probably one of the main reasons I don't play it anymore.

It doesn't leave me many options as a 'lone wolf' player but to just avoid ALL contact.

#4322033 - 12/21/16 12:03 PM Re: A DayZ kind of related question... [Re: Chucky]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Dayz is kill or be killed smile The latest patch,.61, just moved to stable and the game is vastly better, Easily the best patch since release. Don't trust anyone and the number one rule..do not get attached to your gear. Best way to play it is with some friends, has some hugely amusing moments as well as some intense ones. It's basically, spawn, get food/water up, loot, get a gun, kill peeps/die. The best moments for me have come two ways, playing with my partner or lone wolf full survival mode. In LW mode i like to track other players and see how they act then act as judge, jury, executioner..nothing like blowing someone away and then stealing their sh/t biggrin

Having someone to chat to when journeying is cool and plenty of situations develop that always keep us fairly immersed in the game. Death hurts with a long life character and is a common occurence. Get inland, the coast sucks and is only good for a quick gear up before you head in. Once bikes are added it should take away the sometimes painful run run run run run die factor. It's a good game that is finally on par with the mod if not a bit ahead of it now.

Remember, nobody is friendly..unless they are a new spawn and don't have a weapon.

edit- If you want a decent survival game without the hassle of pvp kiddies wrecking your fun then have a look at The Lost Dark, very cool game. No zeds, just full survival by yourself. Lovely atmospherics and very well done game with a beautiful graphic style.

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#4322064 - 12/21/16 02:21 PM Re: A DayZ kind of related question... [Re: Chucky]  
Sluggish Controls Offline
Sluggish Controls  Offline

Hong Kong
Ajay nearly nailed it winkngrin
100% correct ref. DayZ.
I'm yet to try 0.61 but it is certainly on my to-do list.

Major poo-poo on "The Lost Dark"... It's actually called "The Long Dark".

Besides the title mix up, yes, one of the best survival games out there. Slow pace, no frustrated teens, no zeds.
Just you and Mother Nature in all its beauty and cruelty.

Cheers,
Slug

Last edited by Sluggish Controls; 12/21/16 05:16 PM.

"Major Burns isn't saying much of anything, Sir. I think he's formulating the answer..." - Radar - M*A*S*H
#4325297 - 01/02/17 02:42 PM Re: A DayZ kind of related question... [Re: Chucky]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Dammit biggrin

I like the pace of TLD, and nice knowing you are not gonna get beaten up by a twelve year old screaming at you lol.

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#4326355 - 01/06/17 02:58 AM Re: A DayZ kind of related question... [Re: Chucky]  
JoeyJoJo Offline
Wurkin' man
JoeyJoJo  Offline
Wurkin' man
Hotshot

Colorado high-country
If you want zombies, crafting, and like solo/co-op, I'd recommend 7 Days to Die as well. I usually don't play on pub servers, but getting a couple friends together and gearing up for the "7th day horde" is tons of fun.

It's still in ea, but it's coming along nicely so far IMO

DayZ, Rust, and H1Z1 are just kos fests 90% of the time, you really need a group to get full enjoyment out of them

Last edited by JoeyJoJo; 01/06/17 03:00 AM.
#4326387 - 01/06/17 10:43 AM Re: A DayZ kind of related question... [Re: Chucky]  
Chucky Offline
Veteran
Chucky  Offline
Veteran

UK
I have 7 Days to Die in my wish list. That might be my next purchase.

I'm doing ok in Miscreated right now.I have a good selection of kit and have changed how I play. Last night I had a really tense session.I knew someone was near.In fact I felt sure I was being followed. I spent ages moving in cover,trying to see where they were and finally spotted a player crossing a bridge. I could have shot him but decided he was no threat. All this in pouring rain and reduced visibility. Miscreated has some of the best weather effects I have ever seen in a game.

I realised afterwards that this session had really got me tensed up.I can't remember the last game that did that to me. Usually it's anger (hello WoT/WoWs) that I feel.

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.