99th NTTR Server

AOR: Nevada Test & Training Range
MISSION: Battle of Echo Bay
AIRCRAFT: Sa342M Gazelle (4xHOT)
TASKING: Repulse Russian Forces from capturing territory along the western shores of Lake Mead
MISSION DURATION: 1.0 hrs

SORTIE 1 AAR: With other BLUE assets providing CAS, OCA/DCA and helo transport, I selected the HOT configured Gazelle. After start-up, my gunner and I proceeded North West into the mountains to begin hunting for RED vehicles.
10 minutes into the search, our Gazelle was ambushed by a 2-Ship of RED UH-1s and shot down. We were able to put the aircraft down and E&E back to our FARP.

SORTIE 2 AAR: During our E&E, we observed numerous RED vehicles transiting south toward our FARP. Once again, we fired up a Sa342M to repulse the enemy. An immediate lift-off had us in the middle of the battle. We saw BLUEFOR engaging the MBTs and APCs only 4 miles from the FARP site, but only slowing their progress south. Placing our helicopter into a quick hover, we quickly began targeting the enemy convoy. Slewing the TV over the closest T-80 that was hosing a BLUEFOR Huey, we sent a HOT missile his way. Observing through the camera a making corrections as the MBT moved, the missile struck and the rear of the tank and knocked it out. This caused the convoy to scatter more and we had to yaw the Gazelle to follow. Our second target was an APC with laser like accuracy that was fending off an F-5. Another HOT was selected and sent along. A short adjustment and it too was knocked out. The remaining two HOT missiles were utilized to dispatch two additional APC and MBT. Going "Winchester" we landed back at the FARP to reload. During this, our position provided us with a view north. We quickly spotted one of our Huey brother engaging a straggler T-80 that was hiding in the mountains. The UH-1s miniguns werent making much headway, so we lifted off as soon as our missiles were loaded.

Flying north 2-3Km, the Gazelle was placed into a hover for a quick engagement. My gunner picked out the tank in the mountains and selected the first of the new batch of HOTs. Green board and missile away! 5 seconds later the Huey was in a great position to observe our 5th kill. Scanning the area to ensure there werent additional RED vehicles alive, we pushed north once again.

Approx. 25 Km North, we moved unobserved into the region overlooking the RED held Echo Bay FARP. We observed multiple burning oil tanks and a few destroyed vehicles, but overall minor damage to the complex. Once again, I placed our battle-tested Gazelle into a hover to engage an SA-9 SAM vehicle. However, our distance to target was too far forcing us to push further north. The problem was that is was flat open ground, with less mountains to conceal our helicopter. Rolling the dice, we flew another 3 Km forward and into HOT range. Immediately reacquiring the SA-8, we didnt observe an enemy UH-1 gunship headed our way from our left. Firing a missile and watching it guide toward the target, just as it hit the SAM, our Gazelle was raked with bullets from the unseen Huey. Warning lights and horn came to life in the cockpit. I quickly tried to evade but it was too late. The Gazelle was mortally hit. I was able to make a hard landing as we were continuously hit by 7.62mm rounds. As the helo came to a rest and burned, we emergency egressed and scattered for cover.

RESULT: 6 REDFOR vehicles destroyed (3 T-80 MBT, 2 APC, 1 SA-9)
2x Sa342 shot down (2x crew WIA, recovered)